Apple Montage / Will Dockery
2018-04-30 03:49:02 UTC

I went from
breathing cold mist
out back behind the barn,
to breathing
the hot misty steam.

The air smelled of apple fumes
and strong booze.

-Will Dockery

The other thread for this poem is getting so long I want to start a new one specifically for discussion of the poem, which cntinues.

Read original tread at:
http://alt.arts.poetry.comments.narkive.com/cEgduQLs/apple-montage-will-dockery-ping-george
b***@gmail.com
2018-04-30 04:31:53 UTC
..lovely imagery..took me back to my youth*
Post by Will Dockery
Apple Montage
Sneaking around
with Cousin Jenny,
smoking menthol
beyond the sheds.
Late summer vacation 1973
in the backwoods of Tennessee.
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
There were several
of those trees
and other trees
behind them
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Later, I stood near
as a crowd
watched Pops and my Uncle
cooking apple butter;
stirring the brown gunk,
boiling in a huge black kettle.
I saw my father
secretly pass
a wine bottle
to my Uncle Clarence.
Raine Carosin
Will Dockery
2018-04-30 13:17:15 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Thanks for reading and commenting, Raine.

Songs of Raine Carosin:
https://www.reverbnation.com/rainecarosin
Will Dockery
2018-04-30 05:06:52 UTC
Thanks, folks, and...

That's my cousin Jenny Whitley Ledford on the far right, with Gloria Whitley Duniphin, Brother Dave and myself... in a land and time far far away, long lost.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156517562794363&set=gm.2094683653905047&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Join Jenny and myself in this poem, in which I go back there again, for a moment.

2018-04-30 16:07:07 UTC
Thanks, folks, and...

That's my cousin Jenny on the far right, with Gloria, Brother Dave and myself... in a land and time far far away, long lost.

:)
r***@gmail.com
r***@gmail.com
r***@gmail.com
2018-04-30 16:22:11 UTC
[...]
Stealth is wealth great poem Kids Smokin' and Hidin' Adults sneakin'liquor by daylight the rich smells that linger in ones memories to be brought back in an instance by the faintest smell of their resemblance.
Good writing, Great visual notes.
Rick B.
Will Dockery
2018-04-30 18:06:06 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Thanks for reading and commenting, Rick, you definitely get where I'm coming from.

2018-05-01 14:42:28 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Thanks for reading and commenting, Rick B, you definitely get where I'm coming from.

R&R BLUES co.
Blues / Other Grooves, Originals Hudson, NH
https://www.reverbnation.com/rrbluesco
Will Dockery

:)
1***@gmail.com
Childhood memories always in memory remain. good or bad. I thank!
Will Dockery
2018-05-01 23:34:12 UTC
More of the kind of poetry that win me the Perky Award.

Not so bad, if I do say so myself.

πŸ˜€
Michael Pendragon
2018-05-02 01:18:13 UTC
More of the kind of poetry that win me the Perky Award.
Not so bad, if I do say so myself.
Is this what you've come to? Boasting about a local award you won twenty years ago and praising your own poem?

[averts eyes and walks by at a quick pace]
drive-by
pitiful
Will Dockery
2018-05-02 01:37:47 UTC
It was done in an obviously jesting tone, Pendragon, but aren't you by a bit hypocritical, considering your own egoism, such as always placing name on top ten poet lists, and so on?

πŸ˜€
Michael Pendragon
2018-05-02 01:41:34 UTC
Be that as it may, I've never once boasted of having repeatedly made my own Top Ten Poets list.
Will Dockery
2018-05-02 03:38:01 UTC
But you do include your name on your ten best poet lists, several times that I've seen, Pendragon.
Will Dockery
2018-05-02 03:57:15 UTC
Typo alert:

"Won" not "Win".