SND (The Water) 20/94/18
George J. Dance
2020-04-18 19:52:02 UTC
Van Morrison, And It Stoned Me

Half a mile from the county fair
And the rain came pourin' down
Me and Billy standin' there
With a silver half a crown [...]

George J. Dance
2020-04-19 13:37:01 UTC
Post by George J. Dance
Van Morrison, And It Stoned Me
Half a mile from the county fair
And the rain came pourin' down
Me and Billy standin' there
With a silver half a crown [...]
http://youtu.be/AYqJtqyeilE
Talking Heads, Once in a Lifetime

Z***@none.i2p
2020-04-21 20:09:39 UTC
George J. Dance wrote on Sun, 19 April 2020 13:37
http://youtu.be/5IsSpAOD6K8
An all tie favorite, I thank you.....
Will Dockery
2020-04-24 17:44:18 UTC
"Would you come to me
If I was half drowning
An arm above the last wave
Would you come to me
Would you pull me up..?"

[...]

Lou Reed and Metallica – Junior Dad

Z***@none.i2p
2020-04-24 22:12:20 UTC
Will Dockery wrote on Fri, 24 April 2020 17:44
Post by Will Dockery
"Would you come to me
If I was half drowning
An arm above the last wave
Would you come to me
Would you pull me up..?"
[...]
Lou Reed and Metallica Junior Dad
http://youtu.be/9a9SXxocnSw
Classic Lou Reed....
Will Dockery
2020-04-19 22:17:26 UTC
"I come from down in the valley
Where mister when you're young
They bring you up to do like your daddy done
Me and Mary we met in high school
When she was just seventeen
We'd ride out of this valley
down to where the fields were green
We'd go down to the river
And into the river we'd dive
Oh down to the river we'd ride
Then I got Mary pregnant
And man that was all she wrote
And for my nineteenth birthday
I got a union card and a wedding coat
We went down to the courthouse
And the judge put it all to rest..."

-Bruce Springsteen

Springsteen would sure catch Hell here for his lyric content, wouldn't he?

The River / Bruce Springsteen:

;)
Z***@none.i2p
2020-04-20 15:55:10 UTC
The Real Will Dockery wrote on Sun, 19 April 2020 22:17
Post by Will Dockery
"I come from down in the valley
Where mister when you're young
They bring you up to do like your daddy done
Me and Mary we met in high school
When she was just seventeen
We'd ride out of this valley
down to where the fields were green
We'd go down to the river
And into the river we'd dive
Oh down to the river we'd ride
Then I got Mary pregnant
And for my nineteenth birthday
I got a union card and a wedding coat
We went down to the courthouse
And the judge put it all to rest..."
-Bruce Springsteen
Springsteen would sure catch Hell here for his lyric content, wouldn't he?
http://youtu.be/HcjJgU3x6J8
;)
Good one, Doc.....
Z***@none.i2p
2020-04-20 19:47:43 UTC
George J. Dance wrote on Sat, 18 April 2020 19:52
Good find, G.D.
Z***@none.i2p
2020-04-21 20:10:18 UTC
[quote title=Zod-The-Mighty wrote on Tue, 21 April 2020 20:09]George J. Dance wrote on Sun, 19 April 2020 13:37
Post by George J. Dance
Post by George J. Dance
Van Morrison, And It Stoned Me
Half a mile from the county fair
And the rain came pourin' down
Me and Billy standin' there
With a silver half a crown [...]
http://youtu.be/AYqJtqyeilE
Talking Heads, Once in a Lifetime
http://youtu.be/5IsSpAOD6K8
An all time favorite, I thank you.....

Typo corrected....
Rocky
2020-04-21 22:05:42 UTC
Post by George J. Dance
Van Morrison, And It Stoned Me
Half a mile from the county fair
And the rain came pourin' down
Me and Billy standin' there
With a silver half a crown [...]
http://youtu.be/AYqJtqyeilE
Down in the flood....

George J. Dance
2020-04-22 12:42:56 UTC
Post by Rocky
Post by George J. Dance
Van Morrison, And It Stoned Me
Half a mile from the county fair
And the rain came pourin' down
Me and Billy standin' there
With a silver half a crown [...]
http://youtu.be/AYqJtqyeilE
Down in the flood....
http://youtu.be/KWxfzCDN_U4
The Tragically Hip, New Orleans is Sinking

Rocky
2020-04-23 00:01:01 UTC
Post by George J. Dance
http://youtu.be/LAZUsCONjIQ
Quite good....
Z***@none.i2p
2020-04-23 13:49:24 UTC
"High water risin', risin' night and day
All the gold and silver are being stolen away
Big Joe Turner lookin' East and West
From the dark room of his mind
He made it to Kansas City
Twelfth Street and Vine
Nothing standing there
High water everywhere......"

--High Water (for Charley Patton) - Bob Dylan

Z***@none.i2p
2020-04-23 14:01:58 UTC
Grave Digger wrote on Thu, 23 April 2020 13:55
Post by Z***@none.i2p
"High water risin', risin' night and day
All the gold and silver are being stolen away
Big Joe Turner lookin' East and West
From the dark room of his mind
He made it to Kansas City
Twelfth Street and Vine
Nothing standing there
High water everywhere......"
--High Water (for Charley Patton) - Bob Dylan
http://youtu.be/7fdqF4XIUsE
===
"I'm getting' up in the morning I believe I'll dust my broom
Keeping away from the women
I'm givin' 'em lots of room"
We have a whole lot of rain coming today, so we are told...... I hope to keep my tent in one piece!

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/weather-news/article242168191.html

"......Severe weather is expected in the Chattahoochee Valley later this week as flooding continues throughout parts of Columbus and Phenix City.

According to the National Weather Service, minor flooding will continue throughout the region until Tuesday afternoon. The flooding in the area is due to a system that moved through on Sunday, which brought heavy rains and winds.

Parts of the Riverwalk in Columbus and the Phenix City Amphitheater are still flooded, and the Chattahoochee River that separates the two cities is at minor flood stage, according to the NWS....."
George J. Dance
2020-04-23 15:32:15 UTC
Post by Z***@none.i2p
We have a whole lot of rain coming today, so we are told...... I hope to keep my tent in one piece!
https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/weather-news/article242168191.html
"......Severe weather is expected in the Chattahoochee Valley later this week as flooding continues throughout parts of Columbus and Phenix City.
According to the National Weather Service, minor flooding will continue throughout the region until Tuesday afternoon. The flooding in the area is due to a system that moved through on Sunday, which brought heavy rains and winds.
Parts of the Riverwalk in Columbus and the Phenix City Amphitheater are still flooded, and the Chattahoochee River that separates the two cities is at minor flood stage, according to the NWS....."
Good luck. I hope you're camped on high ground.

Rock & Hyde, Dirty Water
(Bob Rock / Paul Hyde)

And if I wash my hands in your dirty water,
Will your religion make me whole? [...]

NancyGene
General Zod, your weather forecast was from Tuesday, April 21, not today. It's pretty easy to predict weather in hindsight.
Z***@none.i2p
I am keeping up with the weather from several sources, including the Safe House TV room.....
Z***@none.i2p
2020-04-23 15:55:20 UTC
Also Nancy G. if you had read the full post you would have see this......:

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/weather-news/article242168191.html

"....The NWS also put out a hazardous weather outlook for Muscogee County as well as Russell and Lee counties in Alabama. For Georgia, a round of potentially strong to severe thunderstorms is expected in the area on Thursday, according to the NWS.

In Alabama, there is a threat of severe thunderstorms, including tornadoes, across all of central Alabama on Thursday.

The threat is expected to begin at 7 a.m. Thursday and last until 5 p.m., the NWS reports. Heavy rain and localized flash flooding are possible with the system......"
Z***@none.i2p
2020-04-23 22:00:45 UTC
Song
Rain

Artist
The Beatles

Z***@none.i2p
One of the best from old Van....
George J. Dance
2020-05-16 22:18:56 UTC
Post by George J. Dance
Van Morrison, And It Stoned Me
Half a mile from the county fair
And the rain came pourin' down
Me and Billy standin' there
With a silver half a crown [...]
http://youtu.be/AYqJtqyeilE
One of the best from old Van....
Yeah. I'm hoping for a Moon samper, though, to put on "Moondance."

I guess this topical song qualifies as a "Water Song"

Remy, Surfin' USA (parody)

If you go out on the ocean
Across the USA
And you're wearing a swim shirt
'Cuz of your scrawny weight
Well, uh, you just might notice
The police in your wake
Cuz it's illegal to be surfing
In the USA
[...]

Rocky
2020-05-16 22:53:23 UTC
http://youtu.be/3r-6s6cRGgA
Moon would be a good topic....
Zod
Another Saturday Night music thread, why not revive this idea, GD...?
Zod
2020-11-17 00:03:04 UTC

Ocean - The Velvet Underground
Will-Dockery
2024-05-09 14:24:39 UTC
Post by George J. Dance
Van Morrison, And It Stoned M
Half a mile from the county fai
And the rain came pourin' dow
Me and Billy standin' ther
With a silver half a crown [...

Interesting, these threads appear while others don't

This is a response to the post seen at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=659983830#65998383