Buk #17 of The Best American Poets
2019-07-31 23:29:25 UTC
https://www.ranker.com/list/best-american-poets/ranker-books

9072
Charles Bukowski is listed (or ranked) 17 on the list The Best American Poets
Charles Bukowski
Barfly, Ham on Rye, Post Office
Will Dockery
2019-08-01 04:15:18 UTC
I knew Bukowski poetry would be high on the list.
Rex Warner Jr.
2019-08-02 03:47:28 UTC
I knew Bukowski poetry would be high on the list.
One o9f the greatest of modern poets yes Buk's spot is secure....
General Zod
2019-08-01 04:32:25 UTC
If it were my list Buk would rank higher....
Michael Pendragon
2019-08-01 11:59:51 UTC
If it were my list Buk would rank higher....
Shut up, Todd.
Will Dockery
2019-08-01 17:28:26 UTC
If it were my list Buk would rank higher....
Shut up, Todd.
Stop whining, Edgar Allan Poe made #5:

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-american-poets/ranker-books

#5 - Edgar Allan Poe
The Raven, Annabel Lee, The Fall of the House of Usher
General Zod
2019-08-01 23:41:47 UTC
#5 - Edgar Allan Poe
The Raven, Annabel Lee, The Fall of the House of Usher
What a wimp Pen is............
General Zod
2019-08-04 05:40:46 UTC
#5 - Edgar Allan Poe
The Raven, Annabel Lee, The Fall of the House of Usher
Pendragon seems to actually shut up for a change....
Will Dockery
2019-08-04 20:59:25 UTC
#5 - Edgar Allan Poe
The Raven, Annabel Lee, The Fall of the House of Usher
Pendragon seems to actually shut up for a change....
He sure does avoid this thread...

2019-08-05 00:11:45 UTC
#5 - Edgar Allan Poe
He needs to before PJR reports him to Google...
Johnny Galt
2019-08-05 22:37:31 UTC
#5 - Edgar Allan Poe
Peter will give the silly toad a pass ..... no doubt......
Johnny Galt
2019-08-06 02:41:30 UTC
#5 - Edgar Allan Poe
Pendragon is such a silly little man....
George J. Dance
2019-08-06 02:58:42 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
Pendragon seems to actually shut up for a change....
He needs to before PJR reports him to Google...
Pendragon is such a silly little man....
Indeed, he gets as silly as Piggy Ross himself - no coincidence, since he's been modelling himself on Piggy.

Speaking of silly, BTW: what the hell is William Shakespeare doing at #34?
Johnny Galt

It s a popular vote so you can vote Shakes up....
George J. Dance
But, Zod, it's supposed to be a list of *American* poets. What's he doing on it at all?
Will Dockery
2019-08-06 20:23:25 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Johnny Galt
Pendragon seems to actually shut up for a change....
He needs to before PJR reports him to Google...
Pendragon is such a silly little man....
Indeed, he gets as silly as Piggy Ross himself - no coincidence, since he's been modelling himself on Piggy.
Speaking of silly, BTW: what the hell is William Shakespeare doing at #34?
Hello there G.D.
It s a popular vote so you can vote Shakes up....
But, Zod, it's supposed to be a list of *American* poets. What's he doing on it at all?
Good point, reminds me of a Star Trek episode, years ago:

https://shakespeareandbeyond.folger.edu/2016/09/16/shakespeare-klingon-star-trek/

"Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, in which the Klingon chancellor Gorkon comments to Captain Kirk that “You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon.” (The phrase “the undiscovered country” is itself a phrase from Hamlet’s “To be or not to be” – or in Klingon, “taH pagh taHbe'” – soliloquy.) The Folger owns The Undiscovered Country, on both VHS and DVD, as it’s one of many examples of Shakespearean themes, and even direct allusions, in Star Trek..."
Johnny Galt
Damn good TV show that was and Lost In Space also......
Johnny Galt
That is an odd mistake eh....?
Rex Hunter Jr.
That is indeed odd......
Will Dockery
2019-08-12 07:16:49 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
Pendragon seems to actually shut up for a change....
He needs to before PJR reports him to Google...
Pendragon is such a silly little man....
Indeed, he gets as silly as Piggy Ross himself - no coincidence, since he's been modelling himself on Piggy.
Speaking of silly, BTW: what the hell is William Shakespeare doing at #34?
PJR rejected his slurps but Pendragon just keeps on sucking anyhow.

:)
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-12 08:55:37 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
Pendragon seems to actually shut up for a change....
He needs to before PJR reports him to Google...
Pendragon is such a silly little man....
Indeed, he gets as silly as Piggy Ross himself - no coincidence, since he's been modelling himself on Piggy.
Speaking of silly, BTW: what the hell is William Shakespeare doing at #34?
PJR rejected his slurps but Pendragon just keeps on sucking anyhow.
:)
Pendragon just enjoys the sucking, apparently...

Ha ha ha....
NancyGene
2019-08-06 20:21:41 UTC
Hi, Will. You really should have your Zidsock say something that isn't your own favorite saying. We know that sometimes you get confused about which phone you are using.
Will Dockery
2019-08-06 20:27:14 UTC
#5 - Edgar Allan Poe
The Raven, Annabel Lee, The Fall of the House of Usher
Pendragon seems to actually shut up for a change....
He needs to before PJR reports him to Google...
Pendragon is such a silly little man....
Hi, Will. You really should have your Zidsock say something that isn't your own favorite saying. We know that sometimes you get confused about which phone you are using.
Don't be so silly, Nancy G. Posters on Usenet pick up new lines all the time, such as:

Why do you lie so much, Nancy G?

2019-08-01 17:21:47 UTC
If it were my list Buk would rank higher....
#23 Allen Ginsberg
Howl, Collected poems 1947-1980, Kaddish

#35 Frank O'Hara
Poems from the Tibor de Nagy editions, 1952-1966, Invitation to the theater

#66 Jack Kerouac
On the Road, The Dharma Bums, Visions of Cody
Rex Warren Jr.
2019-08-03 09:27:16 UTC
If it were my list Buk would rank higher....
#23 Allen Ginsberg
Howl, Collected poems 1947-1980, Kaddish
#35 Frank O'Hara
Poems from the Tibor de Nagy editions, 1952-1966, Invitation to the theater
#66 Jack Kerouac
On the Road, The Dharma Bums, Visions of Cody
Mighty good choices....
Will Dockery
2019-08-02 03:14:28 UTC
Pendragon is too busy slurping PJR to notice right now.

2019-08-02 15:17:10 UTC
Frost and Buk seem to be the two biggest selling poets, along with Poe, probably.
Rex Warren Jr.
2019-08-02 21:13:17 UTC
Frost and Buk seem to be the two biggest selling poets, along with Poe, probably.

*********************Artbound presents a KCET flashback episode offering a rare, intimate look at iconoclastic writer and poet Charles Bukowski, whose gritty works have become an integral part of California's literary canon.**************
The Real General Zod
2019-08-08 23:30:35 UTC
Frost and Buk seem to be the two biggest selling poets, along with Poe, probably.
That is quite possible.........
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-13 23:52:50 UTC
Lack of quality control at the site?