Combat Zone. by Will Dockery
Ironywaves
2003-11-15 16:31:34 UTC
Another trip through the Combat zone...:

interesting/disturbing dream

took a nap for a short while... got an uncontrolable need to sleep for a
moment... and dreamt:

I was at Lowe's [lumber supply place] with my cousin buying materials for
some job we had...

this went on almost endlessly... picking wood and one conversation with a
guy I don't remember...

more tagging along with Freddy since he's the smarts & I the helper

then through the check out line... long line...

then out... or almost out... Freddy was ahead of me, leading the attendant
to the truck [a van I think, actually--- this comes into play soon]

As I was coming out... to leave... I spotted a familiar figure in ablack
nylon aviator's jacket... eye contact... and it was Fawn...

this was early morning, before dawn

I smiled... she looked shocked... and sort of whispered "talk to you
later..." and zipped on into the store in her zippy way... blonde curls
breezing back... I said "What???" not having seen her in way too many
days...

"Jack will hear... you know that." she whispered.

Then she stopped looked up eye to eye with me and said: "You know how I
feel." her stare into my eyes was close and hard to explain.

"Later." she said and was gone into the crowded store.

I went into the huge parking lot to find Freddy... one end to the other...
no Freddy. [it didn't help that I couldn't remember what he drove, or even
if it was a van or truck]

At the other end of this huge "supercenter" was a "grocery" area to try to
spot Freddy and of course leave Fawn be, so this was difficult, because I
WANTED Freddy to find me, but not make Fawn think I was annoying her, since
she "promised" that we'd talk later, and she always eventually keeps her
promise.

No Freddy.

Back to the parking lot... dawn is peeking over the hill.

back inside... a long hallway seperating the two parts of Lowe's had been
waxed... I looked around and saw no one looking so I slipped over the "Wet
Floor" sign/rope and SLID down the long hallway... this was a lot like a
ballet... ***an arty action scene***

back through and then outside... it had become early morning now... not as
many cars... no Freddy but I could see her little brown mini van way over by
what probably is the "warehouse loading area" quite a few people were around
and I HAD to go that way since every other area had no trace of Freddy.

Walked by and was luckily un noticed...

Noticed her mini van was packed to the brim with what seemed camping gear
[sleeping bags, etc] and noticed the several people she was with [she was
sort of arranging and loading Lowe's stuff so didn't see me, the others
didn't know me or I them]

They all seemed to have a sort of "1970's" look, much like I do in some
ways. Caught a good look at one of the guys, a sort of chubby curley haired
guy I seem to know from somewhere.

He was pontificating something intellectual or political or both... way to
boring for me to remember now... I noticed a couple of the women... 1970's
types as well... one was sort of swearing in a "hip" kind of way... Jack was
not there.

I walked back to the area I started from and glanced back to see her car in
the distance... then I thought... no, I've got to speak with her...

started walking back... and they drove away... I stood at the spot where
they were feeling lonesome and curious... outside I noticed lots of sofas
outside, and for some reason I was walking back on them...

I thought, "this ain't right", and tried to climb out of them onto the
sidewalk... couldn't do it, couldn't get over the sofas... and was very
frustrated about this.

Then I awoke, here, in the easy chair.

Not sure what to make of it, as you probably have guessed by now.
Will

http://www.angelfire.com/al2/dockery
Will-Dockery
2024-05-03 13:35:29 UTC
Post by Ironywaves
Another trip through the Combat zone...
interesting/disturbing drea
took a nap for a short while... got an uncontrolable need to slee
for
Post by Ironywaves
moment... and dreamt
I was at Lowe's [lumber supply place] with my cousin buyin
materials fo
Post by Ironywaves
some job we had..
this went on almost endlessly... picking wood and one conversatio
with
Post by Ironywaves
guy I don't remember..
more tagging along with Freddy since he's the smarts & I th
helpe
Post by Ironywaves
then through the check out line... long line..
then out... or almost out... Freddy was ahead of me, leading th
attendan
Post by Ironywaves
to the truck [a van I think, actually--- this comes into pla
soon
Post by Ironywaves
As I was coming out... to leave... I spotted a familiar figure i
ablac
Post by Ironywaves
nylon aviator's jacket... eye contact... and it was Fawn..
this was early morning, before daw
I smiled... she looked shocked... and sort of whispered "tal
to yo
Post by Ironywaves
breezing back... I said "What???" not having seen her i
way too man
Post by Ironywaves
days..
"Jack will hear... you know that." she whispered
Then she stopped looked up eye to eye with me and said: "Yo
know how
Post by Ironywaves
feel." her stare into my eyes was close and hard to explain
"Later." she said and was gone into the crowded store
I went into the huge parking lot to find Freddy... one end to th
other..
Post by Ironywaves
no Freddy.
At the other end of this huge "supercenter" was
Post by Ironywaves
WANTED Freddy to find me, but not make Fawn think I was annoyin
her, sinc
Post by Ironywaves
she "promised" that we'd talk later, and she alway
eventually keeps he
Post by Ironywaves
promise
No Freddy
Back to the parking lot... dawn is peeking over the hill
back inside... a long hallway seperating the two parts of Lowe'
had bee
Post by Ironywaves
waxed... I looked around and saw no one looking so I slipped ove
the "We
Post by Ironywaves
Floor" sign/rope and SLID down the long hallway... this was
lot like
Post by Ironywaves
many cars... no Freddy but I could see her little brown mini va
way over b
Post by Ironywaves
what probably is the "warehouse loading area" quite a fe
people were aroun
Post by Ironywaves
and I HAD to go that way since every other area had no trace o
Freddy
Post by Ironywaves
Walked by and was luckily un noticed..
Noticed her mini van was packed to the brim with what seeme
camping gea
Post by Ironywaves
[sleeping bags, etc] and noticed the several people she was wit
[she wa
Post by Ironywaves
sort of arranging and loading Lowe's stuff so didn't see me, th
other
Post by Ironywaves
didn't know me or I them
They all seemed to have a sort of "1970's" look, muc
like I do in som
Post by Ironywaves
ways. Caught a good look at one of the guys, a sort of chubb
curley haire
Post by Ironywaves
types as well... one was sort of swearing in a "hip" kin
of way... Jack wa
Post by Ironywaves
not there
I walked back to the area I started from and glanced back to se
her car i
Post by Ironywaves
the distance... then I thought... no, I've got to speak wit
her..
Post by Ironywaves
started walking back... and they drove away... I stood at the spo
wher
Post by Ironywaves
they were feeling lonesome and curious... outside I noticed lots o
sofa
Post by Ironywaves
outside, and for some reason I was walking back on them..
I thought, "this ain't right", and tried to climb out o
them onto th
Post by Ironywaves
sidewalk... couldn't do it, couldn't get over the sofas... and wa
ver
Post by Ironywaves
frustrated about this
Then I awoke, here, in the easy chair
Not sure what to make of it, as you probably have guessed by now
Wil
http://www.angelfire.com/al2/docker
From the archives, could be the bare bone of a poem

This is a response to the post seen at