Anthony Thwaite is dead
George J. Dance
2021-04-24 15:28:07 UTC
I'm currently going through the UK poets on my wiki, enhancing the articles.

Last night I got to Anthony Thwaite, and had to spend the rest of the night on that article: Because, as it turns out, he died yesterday.

So enough about the wiki, though: here's the Guardian obituary:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/apr/23/anthony-thwaite-obituary
W.Dockery
2021-04-24 17:15:49 UTC
Post by George J. Dance
I'm currently going through the UK poets on my wiki, enhancing the articles.
Last night I got to Anthony Thwaite, and had to spend the rest of the night on that article: Because, as it turns out, he died yesterday.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/apr/23/anthony-thwaite-obituary
I'm not familiar with Anthony Thwaite or his poetry, but sad to see another poet pass.

R.I.P.
George J. Dance
2021-04-24 18:56:01 UTC
Post by W.Dockery
Post by George J. Dance
I'm currently going through the UK poets on my wiki, enhancing the articles.
Last night I got to Anthony Thwaite, and had to spend the rest of the night on that article: Because, as it turns out, he died yesterday.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/apr/23/anthony-thwaite-obituary
I'm not familiar with Anthony Thwaite or his poetry, but sad to see another poet pass.
R.I.P.
Here's a poem by Thwaite:
"Ancestors"
http://www.versedaily.org/2011/ancestors.shtml
Will Dockery
Thanks, George.
Zod
Seconded, again...
Zod
Seconded...
Zod
2021-04-26 21:00:24 UTC
I am a new fan...
Will-Dockery
2024-05-11 18:25:46 UTC
Post by George J. Dance
I'm currently going through the UK poets on my wiki, enhancing th
articles.
Post by George J. Dance
Last night I got to Anthony Thwaite, and had to spend the rest o
the night on that article: Because, as it turns out, he die
yesterday.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/apr/23/anthony-thwaite-obituar

R.I.P

This is a response to the post seen at