Highpockets, High Spikes & High Stakes
Stuart Leichter
2006-11-01 22:22:18 UTC
(These 2 ancient geezers are sitting down playing gin rummy, one says to the
other, "Hey, did you get a new hearing aid?" and the other guy says "What?"
"Did you get a new hearing aid?" "Oh. Yes. It's terrific and very expensive,
two-thousand dollars!" "Wow! What kind is it?" "What?" "I said, What kind is
it?" The guy looks at his watch and says, "It's a quarter after one".)

Everyone knows at least one person who thinks 'Alzheimer's disease' is a
weird pronunciation of what they call "old-timer's disease".

[Bibliography for "AFP settles fraud case with New York - American Family
Publishers":

Neil Cassidy "AFP settles fraud case with New York - American Family
Publishers". Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management. Sept 15, 1998.
FindArticles.com. 01 Nov. 2006.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3065/is_n13_v27/ai_21167658]

Highpockets, High Spikes & High Stakes

(Roger)

"Pitchers today want careers not seasons,
they want to fly their own planes,
remember Arnold Palmer?
know why that kid flew into the building?
the dee-aitch, he didn't know how to bat....
After the '66 season they lowered the mound six inches,
Koufax, Gibson, point-oh ERAs for the year!
10 Ks every game!
Kids today can't spell ERAs or Ks.
They learn girlie ball, they don't kick your nuts
or take you out at second with steel spike cleats.
Anymore even the majors is safe.
One time Gibson threw at Roberto Clemente,
the next pitch Clemente hit back to Bob
and broke his knee cap. Charlie Dressen
explained Brooklyn's collapses in the 50s
as someone's getting blowed too much.
Yeah, I was in the elevator with him.
You should read Malamud's The Natural.
Dark, not like the movie. And nasty.
Why not? A dime a point and a quarter a box
beats going home and waiting for
Dick Clark and Ed McMahon to show up
from Publisher's Clearing House."

Stuart
Pimp of the Holy Sugir
2006-11-02 04:43:14 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
(These 2 ancient geezers are sitting down playing gin rummy, one says to the
other, "Hey, did you get a new hearing aid?" and the other guy says "What?"
"Did you get a new hearing aid?" "Oh. Yes. It's terrific and very expensive,
two-thousand dollars!" "Wow! What kind is it?" "What?" "I said, What kind is
it?" The guy looks at his watch and says, "It's a quarter after one".)
Everyone knows at least one person who thinks 'Alzheimer's disease' is a
weird pronunciation of what they call "old-timer's disease".
Really? I thought that was just Alzy's like you.
But hey... No harm done.

You're clearly a FAT-goober.

Perhaps you could write some FAT-poetry??

Kook???

Ever hear of poetry?
AJ - http://ClitIn.Com e In.
(800 folders. -- kiddie-filtered -- FREE,
Usenet Porn.)
Karla
2006-11-02 08:29:28 UTC
On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:22:18 -0500, Stuart Leichter
Post by Stuart Leichter
(These 2 ancient geezers are sitting down playing gin rummy, one says to the
other, "Hey, did you get a new hearing aid?" and the other guy says "What?"
"Did you get a new hearing aid?" "Oh. Yes. It's terrific and very expensive,
two-thousand dollars!" "Wow! What kind is it?" "What?" "I said, What kind is
it?" The guy looks at his watch and says, "It's a quarter after one".)
Everyone knows at least one person who thinks 'Alzheimer's disease' is a
weird pronunciation of what they call "old-timer's disease".
[Bibliography for "AFP settles fraud case with New York - American Family
Neil Cassidy "AFP settles fraud case with New York - American Family
Publishers". Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management. Sept 15, 1998.
FindArticles.com. 01 Nov. 2006.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3065/is_n13_v27/ai_21167658]
In the early eighties, my friend and I dropped by our friend Michael's
house. We caught him crying tears of joy. He'd just been notified that he'd
won a lot of money. We couldn't get a word in as he threw his arms up to
the heavens thanking god, as he grabbed up the phone to call his mom and
sisters. Ya, you guessed it. He got suckered by the way they worded the
envelope and enclosed notice. Is that when it all started? I remember
having a wee bit of doubt about his winning, not the eye-rolling dismissal
I'd give the same situation now.
Post by Stuart Leichter
[...]
Aww gee, baseball! And I just watched Eight Men Out last night.

Is Roger the speaker? Whoever it is, you've done a great job with his voice
and vernacular, such as "anymore even", or when the lazy chatter turns from
pitchers flying planes to flying into the building to the "dee-aitch". I
forgot that Malaumd wrote The Natural, that's how far Redford in the movie
took it. And is the "dime a point and a quarter a box" some kind of betting
that kids do? Besides that, it might have been an old radio sports show
interlude. By the time you get to Ed McMahon, I fill in the boxy looking
suit.

Karla
Stuart Leichter
2006-11-02 17:25:31 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
[...]
My cop/poet buddy had some bogus scratch-n-win cards, he'd hand one to you
as though he'd just got it with his Pepsi or something and ask you to see if
he won anything since his hands were occupied with starting the car and
holding his cup, and you'd scratch off a $10,000 winner.
Post by Karla
Post by Stuart Leichter
[...]
Well, then, I wrote it for you!
Post by Karla
Is Roger the speaker? Whoever it is, you've done a great job with his voice
and vernacular, such as "anymore even", or when the lazy chatter turns from
pitchers flying planes to flying into the building to the "dee-aitch". I
forgot that Malaumd wrote The Natural, that's how far Redford in the movie
took it. And is the "dime a point and a quarter a box" some kind of betting
that kids do? Besides that, it might have been an old radio sports show
interlude. By the time you get to Ed McMahon, I fill in the boxy looking
suit.
Roger Kahn at a retirement home. The dramatic monologue is my favorite form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Kahn_(baseball)

The "dime a point and a quarter a box" are gin-rummy stakes in 'Hollywood'
scoring.

Thanks for commenting. Have you recovered from the Tigers' loss?

Stuart
Karla
Pimp of the Holy Sugir
2006-11-02 19:37:18 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
Thanks for commenting.
You love FATTIES...
Usenet Porn.)
Will-Dockery
2024-05-05 17:45:17 UTC
Post by Stuart Leichter
(These 2 ancient geezers are sitting down playing gin rummy, on
says to th
Post by Stuart Leichter
other, "Hey, did you get a new hearing aid?" and th
other guy says "What?
Post by Stuart Leichter
it?" The guy looks at his watch and says, "It's a quarte
after one".
Post by Stuart Leichter
weird pronunciation of what they call "old-timer'
disease"
Post by Stuart Leichter
Publishers"
Neil Cassidy "AFP settles fraud case with New York - America
Famil
Post by Stuart Leichter
Publishers". Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management. Sep
15, 1998
Post by Stuart Leichter
[...]
-
Stuar
Interesting musings from Stuart Leichter

This is a response to the post seen at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=658620603#65862060

Pimp of the Holy Sugir
2006-11-02 19:36:09 UTC
"Karla" <***@sbcNOSPAMglobal.net> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...

Burp burp, idiot karla... When O when will your imaginary lawyers show up.

Please provide the names of these imaginary lawyers that think I'm
a target of your FAT-ASS?

C'mon, Fattie-K.

I'm Waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttting