Self Portrait by Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2003-11-06 07:34:42 UTC
From whatever pieces are handy,
stoned in the glare.
Covered in patches
I'll have a Brady Alexander.
Face like cut granite
stand me in some court square.
-Will Dockery
http://www.amber-kaye.com/forum/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=434&pid=643
In my opinion your best work so far.
Unfo. S4 line to many and the whole rigs on a 5 minute job.
However keep up the good work, whish you where as frequent as I am, on all grounds.
Maybe it would help a change of mind in the eyes of the beholders?
Thourn Whaul
»º¼ª
---
Glad you liked the poem, Thourn. As for the other thoughts, when I
take my vacation/poetry tour in a couple of weeks, I'll mostly be away
from Usenet the entire time. Maybe that *will* help.
Will

http://www.amber-kaye.com/forum/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=435&pid=652
Tarapia Tapioco
2003-11-07 13:05:55 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Self Portrait.
I'm an artist,
my face is the granite.
Watch me
see me build myself anew.
Crumble and dissolve
like idiot solvent.
These wrinkled eyes
seek out the idiot.
I create... myself.
From whatever pieces are handy,
and I walk---
a Golem with words to spare.
Like a pigmy-
like smoke in the air.
Like a reality that does not care.
Squint my eyes,
stoned in the glare.
Covered in patches
I'll have a Brady Alexander.
Face like cut granite
stand me in some court square.
-Will Dockery
http://www.amber-kaye.com/forum/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=434&pid=643
In my opinion your best work so far.
Unfo. S4 line to many and the whole rigs on a 5 minute job.
However keep up the good work, whish you where as frequent as I am, on all grounds.
Maybe it would help a change of mind in the eyes of the beholders?
Thourn Whaul
ȼλ
---
Glad you liked the poem, Thourn. As for the other thoughts, when I
take my vacation/poetry tour in a couple of weeks, I'll mostly be away
from Usenet the entire time. Maybe that *will* help.
Some write to heal other get sick even from the little they do manage to put down.
It's a twisted world!

Thourn Whaul
ȼǻ
---
Ironywaves
2003-11-07 14:38:34 UTC
Post by Tarapia Tapioco
Post by Will Dockery
Self Portrait.
I'm an artist,
my face is the granite.
Watch me
see me build myself anew.
Crumble and dissolve
like idiot solvent.
These wrinkled eyes
seek out the idiot.
I create... myself.
From whatever pieces are handy,
and I walk---
a Golem with words to spare.
Like a pigmy-
like smoke in the air.
Like a reality that does not care.
Squint my eyes,
stoned in the glare.
Covered in patches
I'll have a Brandy Alexander.
Post by Tarapia Tapioco
Post by Will Dockery
In my opinion your best work so far.
Unfo. S4 line to many and the whole rigs on a 5 minute job.
However keep up the good work, whish you where as frequent as I am, on all grounds.
Maybe it would help a change of mind in the eyes of the beholders?
Thourn Whaul
ȼλ
---
Glad you liked the poem, Thourn. As for the other thoughts, when I
take my vacation/poetry tour in a couple of weeks, I'll mostly be away
from Usenet the entire time. Maybe that *will* help.
Some write to heal other get sick even from the little they do manage to put down.
It's a twisted world!
Thourn Whaul
ȼǻ
---
It is an odd world, more or less.

Will-Dockery
2024-05-03 13:35:28 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Self Portrait
I'm an artist
my face is the granite
Watch m
see me build myself anew
Crumble and dissolv
like idiot solvent
These wrinkled eye
seek out the idiot
I create... myself
From whatever pieces are handy
and I walk--
a Golem with words to spare
Like a pigmy
like smoke in the air
Like a reality that does not care
Squint my eyes
stoned in the glare
Covered in patche
I'll have a Brady Alexander
Face like cut granit
Post by Will Dockery
In my opinion your best work so far
Unfo. S4 line to many and the whole rigs on a 5 minute job
However keep up the good work, whish you where as frequent as
am, on all grounds
Post by Will Dockery
Maybe it would help a change of mind in the eyes of th
beholders
Post by Will Dockery
Thourn Whau
--
Glad you liked the poem, Thourn. As for the other thoughts, when
take my vacation/poetry tour in a couple of weeks, I'll mostly b
awa
Post by Will Dockery
from Usenet the entire time. Maybe that *will* help
Wil
http://www.amber-kaye.com/forum/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=435&pid=65

An early draft of my later well known poem

This is a response to the post seen at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657971851#65797185