Crying Town / The Who do Bob Dylan
2019-08-08 22:54:55 UTC
The Who do Bob Dylan... or rather Roger Daltrey does a spot on emulation of the Blonde on Blonde era voice, see part two of "A Quick One", the short bit called "Crying Town":

The Real General Zod
2019-08-08 23:40:43 UTC
http://youtu.be/R0JHM0Q8JKQ
One of the best ten minutes of Rock history....
Will Dockery
2019-08-19 09:32:49 UTC
The Who and The Kinks are both favorite topics of mine.

Will Dockery
2019-08-11 05:03:32 UTC
Broke ground for Tommy.
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-12 03:31:44 UTC
Broke ground for Tommy.
I can tell that from the early sl=ketch quality of it....
Will Dockery
2019-08-12 07:25:02 UTC
Post by Rex Hunter Jr.
Post by Will Dockery
Broke ground for Tommy.
I can tell that from the early sl=ketch quality of it....
The "Live At Leeds" version:

A Quick One, While He's Away (40th Anniversary Version - Live At Leeds) · The Who
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-12 09:01:05 UTC
Broke ground for Tommy.
I can tell that from the early sketch quality of it....
http://youtu.be/71JVOW8YAAw
A Quick One, While He's Away (40th Anniversary Version - Live At Leeds) · The Who
Zounds... that is some powerful rock and roll....
Andre Hugo

I love the old Tommy movie.... Tina Turner, Elton John join forces with Roger Daltrey and many more....
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-12 23:32:19 UTC
http://youtu.be/R0JHM0Q8JKQ
Short but quite sweet.....

[II. Crying Town: Verse 1]
Down your street, your crying is a well-known sound
Your street is very well known throughout your town
Your town is very famous for the little girl
Whose crying can be heard all around the world

-The Who

https://genius.com/The-who-a-quick-one-while-hes-away-lyrics
Will Dockery
2019-08-13 20:52:39 UTC
Post by Rex Hunter Jr.
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/R0JHM0Q8JKQ
Short but quite sweet.....
[II. Crying Town: Verse 1]
Down your street, your crying is a well-known sound
Your street is very well known throughout your town
Your town is very famous for the little girl
Whose crying can be heard all around the world
-The Who
https://genius.com/The-who-a-quick-one-while-hes-away-lyrics
Tomorrow is a big anniversary for The Who, the album "Who's Next" was released on 14 August 1971 in the United States... "Who's Next" was the fifth studio album by English rock band the Who:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Next
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-13 23:23:17 UTC
Post by Rex Hunter Jr.
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/R0JHM0Q8JKQ
Short but quite sweet.....
[II. Crying Town: Verse 1]
Down your street, your crying is a well-known sound
Your street is very well known throughout your town
Your town is very famous for the little girl
Whose crying can be heard all around the world
-The Who
https://genius.com/The-who-a-quick-one-while-hes-away-lyrics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Next
In honor of the mighty Who....

Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-15 04:28:38 UTC
Post by Rex Hunter Jr.
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/R0JHM0Q8JKQ
Short but quite sweet.....
[II. Crying Town: Verse 1]
Down your street, your crying is a well-known sound
Your street is very well known throughout your town
Your town is very famous for the little girl
Whose crying can be heard all around the world
-The Who
https://genius.com/The-who-a-quick-one-while-hes-away-lyrics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Next
One of the greatest albums in Rock and Roll history...

Kudos to The Who......
George J. Dance
If I'd remembered that, I'd have put them into yesterday's dancehall.
Will Dockery
A thread for The Who would be good, one day.
Andre Hugo
Maybe in near future....
George J. Dance
2019-08-19 09:11:59 UTC
Post by Andre Hugo
Post by Rex Hunter Jr.
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/R0JHM0Q8JKQ
Short but quite sweet.....
[II. Crying Town: Verse 1]
Down your street, your crying is a well-known sound
Your street is very well known throughout your town
Your town is very famous for the little girl
Whose crying can be heard all around the world
-The Who
https://genius.com/The-who-a-quick-one-while-hes-away-lyrics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Next
If I'd remembered that, I'd have put them into yesterday's dancehall.
Maybe in near future....
OK. I think we've only done one Beatle, and (maybe) the Stones; the Who, the Kinks, quite a few other groups deserve to be both group and topic.

The one I wanted for Saturday was "Dog Days" because that's what it is, here; but I'd forgotten that Saturday night - so I've got it planned for next Saturday. We can do the who the following week, so I'll slot that in. But there's no schedule, like the one for the blog; I don't even write songs and topics down. Come Saturday, I'll post what I think of.
Will Dockery
2019-08-14 03:34:56 UTC
One of the best of The Who.