"Wispy" turned 40 yesterday
Will Dockery
2016-11-28 01:34:12 UTC
Misty aka Wispy turned 40 yesterday...

Back in 1996 Wispy was a character in a few of my poems of that era.

Several are archived here I am sure, but the one I'm certain of is "Ballad of Wispy" which I should be able to bump to the top easily.

Stay tuned.

😎
drive-by
Fill us (ne) in on Misty...sort of a preamble to the poem(s)
Will Dockery
2016-11-28 01:50:25 UTC
Misty was part of the "poetry scene" of that era, along with Cora Lee, Chad Bryant and the leader of this group, Shawn Bernard, rented a little shotgun shack just over the river in Phenix City. Shawn and Chad arrived here as young Kerouac fans from Leominister Massachusetts who said they found the area by throwing darts at a United States map on the wall. Shawn Bernard's poetry was/is brilliant work, perhaps some is online... but I digress, back to Misty...

Misty and Cora Lee were local girls, Phenix City... both also dabbled in poetry, typical "girl" verse you'd expect from 20 year olds...

The poetry scene was, interestingly, in the same part of Broadway that our current readings and performances are...

Hang on, I'm at the coin op laundry and my wash just ended...

Let me put them in a dryer and be right back.

😀
Will Dockery
2016-11-28 02:01:13 UTC
Hmm I thought I did, but apparently it did not post!

😣
Will Dockery
2016-11-28 02:31:08 UTC
Finding some poetry that it turns out Shawn himself posted here, a few years ago.
Will Dockery
2016-11-28 10:05:49 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Misty aka Wispy turned 40 yesterday...
Back in 1996 Wispy was a character in a few of my poems of that era.
Several are archived here I am sure, but the one I'm certain of is "Ballad of Wispy" which I should be able to bump to the top easily.
Stay tuned.
😎
Fill us (ne) in on Misty...sort of a preamble to the poem(s)
Here is some video in which Misty does a walk-on, about halfway through.
Post by drive-by
Stars of the Uptown Columbus Poetry Scene, circa 1999, Lisa Scarborough &
Will Dockery talk about coffee, poetry and other things... camera directed
by #George #Sulzbach. Misty Simpson, Michael Davis & Cora Tattooist also
have parts in the film I just noticed. The Golden Years, indeed!
Check out "One Day In Shadowville / Part Five" / Will Dockery * Lisa
Scarborough -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/12225477

And so it went...

Happy Birthday Misty, if you can see this.

:)
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-03 06:25:49 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by drive-by
Stars of the Uptown Columbus Poetry Scene, circa 1999, Lisa Scarborough &
Will Dockery talk about coffee, poetry and other things... camera directed
by #George #Sulzbach. Misty Simpson, Michael Davis & Cora Tattooist also
have parts in the film I just noticed. The Golden Years, indeed!
Check out "One Day In Shadowville / Part Five" / Will Dockery * Lisa
Scarborough -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/12225477
And so it went...
Happy Birthday Misty, if you can see this.
:)
I would love to do a painting of her...

A Rafael beauty....
Will Dockery
2016-12-19 01:11:45 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Misty aka Wispy turned 40 yesterday...
Back in 1996 Wispy was a character in a few of my poems of that era.
Several are archived here I am sure, but the one I'm certain of is "Ballad
of Wispy" which I should be able to bump to the top easily.
Stay tuned.
😎
Fill us (ne) in on Misty...sort of a preamble to the poem(s)

I'd like to see if Misty herself has some new or older poetry she'd want to
share here.
George John III
2016-11-28 03:32:29 UTC
So long ago we were all mere children
Will Dockery
2016-11-28 05:53:37 UTC
Mentally we are still childish.

😂
George John III
2016-11-28 17:33:17 UTC
We just keep young like that.
Will Dockery
2016-12-14 09:56:23 UTC

Young at heart and all that good stuff, I reckon...
Will Dockery
2016-12-13 06:14:04 UTC
On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 8:34:13 PM UTC-5
Post by Will Dockery
Misty aka Wispy turned 40 yesterday...
Back in 1996 Wispy was a character in a few of my poems of that era.
Several are archived here I am sure, but the one I'm certain of is "Ballad of Wispy" which I should be able to bump to the top easily.
Stay tuned.
😎
And for context, Misty turned 40 years old last month.

🐎
Will Dockery
2016-12-13 15:31:12 UTC
You're big on the Rolling Stones quotes, GJ, cue me up "Time Waits For No Man" from 1974 and let me hear those interweaving guitars from Mick Taylor and Keith Richards one more time, I know you still have that cassette out in the shed behind your mother's trailer..

Hold it, all that's Ben gone 15 yesrs now.

Here's to the future, the undiscovered country. Old friend...

Here's to 2017, chasing us like a bat out of Hell.

🐺
George John

George John
2016-12-14 00:32:52 UTC
Here it is high def:

http://youtu.be/j-VoAlWGY5A

Rolling Stones Time Waits For No One In Hd w/ Lyrics
Will Dockery
2016-12-14 03:05:24 UTC
That is it... Rolling Stones in their prime.
Poetry Dude
2019-04-07 07:33:40 UTC
This one needs to be on the Dancehall tonight...
Will-Dockery
2024-05-12 18:09:38 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Misty aka Wispy turned 40 yesterday...
Back in 1996 Wispy was a character in a few of my poems of tha
era
Post by Will Dockery
Several are archived here I am sure, but the one I'm certain of i
"Ballad of Wispy" which I should be able to bump to the to
easily
Post by Will Dockery
Stay tuned
Wow, mud be 45 now

This is a response to the post seen at
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=659070724#65907072

George John
Okay, I finally did figure it out, thanks.
Will Dockery

:)
Search Services
Makes us just about elderly then..................?
Peter J Ross
2016-12-19 00:38:25 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 27 Nov 2016 17:34:12 -0800 (PST),
Post by Will Dockery
Misty aka Wispy turned 40 yesterday...
Back in 1996 Wispy was a character in a few of my poems of that era.
And the restraining order was issued later the same year.
Post by Will Dockery
Several are archived here I am sure, but the one I'm certain of is "Ballad of Wispy" which I should be able to bump to the top easily.
Stay tuned.
😎
Congratulations on applying your ghoulish self-obsession to a living
person for once, Dreckweasel.

It's still disgusting, but not quite as disgusting as usual.
--
PJR :-)

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Will Dockery
2016-12-19 01:42:54 UTC
Just texted Misty Simpson...

She gave her permission to post my selection of her best poetry.

Stay tuned....
Will Dockery
2016-12-19 01:42:55 UTC