a Yiddish poet 'in der freund' / 'in the strangeness' of Lexington 1915
Add Reply
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 20:21:38 UTC
Yisra'el Ya'akov Shvarts, 1925 z"l (1884-1971) Kentoki (M.N. Mayzl), 1-260 [Yiddish; facsimile: National Yiddish Book Center, Steven Spielberg Digital Yiddish Library No. 04111]

Israel Jacob Schwartz, 1990. Kentucky [trans. Gertrude Wishnick Dubrovsky] (Univ. Alabama Press), 1-238

Gertrude W. Dubrovsky, 1992. Trees and blood: a Yiddish's poet's view of America. CrossCurrents 42(1):83-89

Dara Horn, 2017. My old Kentoki home. www.TabletMag.com, 18 December

Untended thick succulent grass,
And humid woods here and there,
One tree grows into the next,
And root entwines with root.
From all this throbs, hot and strange,
An unknown tropical essence
Of blossoming and decay.
Overhead arched the sky, undulating and pink,
The evening sky of the south.
The whole landscape appears
Illuminated, bound
By red trees and rose colored plains.
From the blue eastern horizon,
Facing the burning west,
Across the red tract, the wanderer
Came with the pack on his shoulders.
***************
It was as if a thick skin
Was peeled off of his old eyes…
Time stops. The landscape, pink,
A deep void within a large disc
Of a fantastically large red sun.
And in the large red disc, someone
Walks with a pack on his back,
Walks and walks and walks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 20:24:50 UTC
Okay, so what does this mean to you?
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 20:36:11 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Okay, so what does this mean to you?
Shalom & Boker tov...illogical question because you have never read the work. My paternal grandmother was enraptured with this in the 1930s. It means that existence is a stitching together, so to speak, of quantum entanglements, viz. Einstein-Rosen wormhole 'bridges' (ERB) = Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) quantum entangled particles. In other words, ambiguous images can be mental...except in your case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coco DeSockmonkey
2017-12-18 21:17:35 UTC
ROTFLMAO. Turns out Pick's got no clue as to what the poem means!
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 21:25:22 UTC
Post by Coco DeSockmonkey
ROTFLMAO. Turns out Pick's got no clue as to what the poem means!
turns out, goy boy, you are even more stupid than I realised
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brooke
2017-12-18 22:21:17 UTC
Well there you have it. Using a derogatory term like goy boy is akin to calling someone a jew boy. Of course, Pickering's fanbois will excuse the former and cry ANTI-SEMITE if someone uses the latter. If I am wrong then let's see them speak out against calling someone a "goy boy".
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 22:36:05 UTC
Isn't calling somebody a fanboi
just about the same as calling
someone Jew boy or goy boy?
Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 22:46:12 UTC
On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 2:21:19 PM UTC-8, Brooke wrote:

Actually, babbling brook goy boy, there is a difference. Your ilk lack aftskin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE KABBALAH FR
m***@gmail.com
2017-12-19 01:06:54 UTC
Go away, you racist p.o.s.
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-19 01:10:01 UTC
On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 5:06:55 PM UTC-8, ***@gmail.com wrote:

Shalom & Erev tov, Michael...you remain a catholic paedophiliac fraud, unable to handle what you lack: reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
m***@gmail.com
2017-12-19 01:43:40 UTC
Go away, you pedophile-pandering p.o.s.
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-19 02:14:30 UTC
גיין באַרען זיך
driveby
2017-12-19 02:22:36 UTC
Now is that a way for a decent Jew to talk...I'm telling Bob and Mavis.
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-20 06:28:51 UTC
On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 5:43:41 PM UTC-8, ***@gmail.com wrote:

תמשיך ללכת, חתיכת פדופיל מזדיין.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE KABBALAH FRACTALS
m***@gmail.com
2017-12-20 13:24:33 UTC
STEPHAN PI
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-20 15:52:53 UTC
On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 5:24:35 AM UTC-8, ***@gmail.com

THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJ
Coco DeSockmonkey
2017-12-20 16:00:48 UTC
לך דידלה בחור ישיבה, אתה זקן פדופיל
s***@gmail.com
2017-12-20 16:43:45 UTC

TH
c***@gmail.com
2017-12-20 17:05:53 UTC
לך דידלה בחור יש
Will Dockery
2018-10-20 22:06:51 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
תמשיך ללכת, חתיכת פדופיל מזדיין.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll get David Schwimmer to read this to me later...

:)
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-18 21:57:19 UTC
It's the most logical question I could think of, because I have never read the work.
How am I supposed to understand something or someone if I don't ask questions?
Besides, I didn't ask what the poem means. I asked what it means to you, specifically.
General Zod
2019-03-21 23:49:59 UTC
Odd guy that Corey....
General Zod