Corning Town / Will Dockery & Brian Mallard
2016-03-16 20:01:22 UTC
New video: from different times:

"Corning Town" / Will Dockery & Brian Mallard
http://www.reverbnation.com/q/6fhuhj

Corning Town

I'm out walking again,
ignoring the pain.
Living like a poor boy again,
streets and sheets of rain.

In the early twilight,
dewdrops on the glass.
Her lazy hazy sway,
through Midsummer past.

She's still there,
in her underwear.
But my mem'ry and I
can't make contact again.

Where ever you've been or
what you're doing while you're there.
I just can't concern myself,
or pretend I care.

Under a jinx,
black cloud of Charlie Brown.
Sometimes I'm up,
most times I'm back down.

Deep river monkey
anyway you look at it.
Just too concerned,
to let her go.

Looking through a mirror
somewhere in Shadowville.
Pocket full of quarters,
payphone is my thrill.

Knocking the Union,
seen serpents fall.
Out in the distance,
among the croaking frogs.

Deep river monkey,
across the divide.
This is the year,
we shall be blamed.

Fair thee well my butterfly,
I'm bound for Corning Town.
Let me watch your eyes smile,
for a minute or two.

That's not me,
I'm not on YouTube no more.
Some other Touchdown Jesus,
is breaking her heart.

Bon voyage, my Bluebird Girl,
I'll hit the road a while.
Up to Russell County,
with the little red fox.

Mist in the snow,
mist in the snow.
Missed her I know,
on these shaky streets.

I'm out walking again,
ignoring the pain.
Living like a poor boy,
streets and sheets of rain.

In the early twilight,
dewdrops on the glass.
Her lazy hazy sway,
through a sweet summer past.

-Will Dockery

And that's the name of that tune.

:D
Will Dockery
2016-03-18 13:24:05 UTC
Added a new video: "Corning Town" / Will Dockery & Brian Mallard
http://www.reverbnation.com/q/6fhuhj
Corning Town
I'm out walking again
ignoring the pain.
Living like a poor boy again
streets and sheets of rain.
In the early twilight
dewdrops on the glass.
Her lazy hazy sway
through Midsummer past.
She's still there
in her underwear.
But my memory and I
[...]
That was so terrible
<snip>

Funny thing is you seem incapable of writing a poem to top it, Dink... why
is that?

:D
Hieronymous707
2016-03-18 13:29:34 UTC
What do you mean by top your poem?
I don't understand poem topping.
Will Dockery
2016-03-18 13:39:04 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
What do you mean by top your poem?
I don't understand poem topping.
"Look it up." -Dennis M. Hammes

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-18 13:48:09 UTC
I asked you what you mean.
If you can't tell me what you
mean, then I'll never know.
Michael Pendragon
2016-03-18 14:06:13 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I asked you what you mean.
If you can't tell me what you
mean, then I'll never know.
He means that he hasn't seen Dink post a better poem.

verb
1.
exceed (an amount, level, or number); be more than.
"losses are expected to top $100 million this year"
synonyms: exceed, surpass, go beyond, better, best, beat, outstrip, outdo, outshine, eclipse, go one better than, cap
Hieronymous707
2016-03-18 16:43:27 UTC
So poem topping isn't a sexual thing. Okay, got it. Thanks.
Will Dockery
2016-03-18 18:27:49 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
So poem topping isn't a sexual thing. Okay, got it. Thanks.
Here is an example of "top" from Fred Hall:

Fred Hall wrote in message news:mgc1ac$nss$***@dont-email.me...

http://alt.arts.poetry.comments.narkive.com/qJlU15kw/real-poetry.3
Post by Hieronymous707
Top this boys and girls
All clear now, Corey?
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 21:08:00 UTC
Having another fantasy?
Will Dockery
2016-05-26 23:04:41 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
So poem topping isn't a sexual thing. Okay, got it. Thanks.
A "poem topping", like hot fudge on ice cream?

Interesting, but weird, concept.
Will Dockery
2016-03-18 19:38:32 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I asked you what you mean.
If you can't tell me what you
mean, then I'll never know.
He means that he hasn't seen Dink post a better poem.

verb
1.
exceed (an amount, level, or number); be more than.
"losses are expected to top $100 million this year"
synonyms: exceed, surpass, go beyond, better, best, beat, outstrip, outdo,
outshine, eclipse, go one better than, cap

=====================================

Exactly... now Corey has explained he was confused because of all the gay
slang he seems to know... so well.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-18 19:46:11 UTC
Michael has you topped.
He called me a Nancy.
Michael has you topped.
He called me whiny.
Michael has you topped.
I hope you're comfortable.
Michael has you topped.
Michael Pendragon
2016-03-18 20:37:44 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Michael has you topped.
He called me a Nancy.
Michael has you topped.
He called me whiny.
Michael has you topped.
I hope you're comfortable.
Michael has you topped.
Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
-- James 4:11
Hieronymous707
2016-03-18 21:40:34 UTC
Mark 2:5
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 12:39:08 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Mark 2:5
A Saturday morning sermon?
Will Dockery
2016-05-26 19:47:19 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Michael has you topped.
He called me a Nancy.
Michael has you topped.
He called me whiny.
Michael has you topped.
I hope you're comfortable.
Michael has you topped.
Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his
brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the
law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
-- James 4:11

Hypocritical little preacher man, isn't he?

2016-03-19 14:08:05 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
When you say, "No, Corey, that's a lie."
Well, you were lying about me.

How else do you suggest I call you a liar?

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 14:14:27 UTC
You can call me whatever you like,
or you can try to get your mind around
the fact that what I wrote wasn't a lie.
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 21:09:54 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I didn't lie about you.
Oh, stop lying, Corey yes, of course you did.

When you misrepresented me as being a Trump follower, that was a lie.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 21:18:22 UTC
I didn't say you follow Trump.
I said you emulate Trump,
because you emulate Trump.
Will Dockery
2016-05-22 01:05:49 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I said you emulate Trump,
That's what I mean when I refer to your lying misrepresentations, Corey.

2016-05-26 23:06:01 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
It must be the hair.
I waas thinking it was your rude, lying style.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-05-26 23:07:32 UTC
LOL
Will Dockery
2016-05-26 23:52:59 UTC
LOL
Corey's lack of a cutting and clever come back is noted... let his nightly
melt-down begin.

2016-03-19 06:29:39 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Michael has you topped.
He called me a Nancy.
Michael has you topped.
He called me whiny.
Michael has you topped.
I hope you're comfortable.
Michael has you topped.
Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his
brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth
the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a
judge.
-- James 4:11
Exactly, Corey seems to just ignore the parts of the Bible that doesn't work
out for him, which, of course, is your typical Christian.

:D
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 09:39:21 UTC
The Bible doesn't make a very good weapon for bashing people
over the head, or a very good whip for keeping them in line. People
do what people do. We always have, and we always will. So, for me
as a pastor, the Bible acts as more of a GPS, a means through which
we locate God, identify obstacles, navigate ourselves through life events,
and subsequently lead those congregants who choose to follow our example.
Will Dockery
2016-03-20 11:18:13 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
You're insulting.
So are you.
So that means you emulate Trump also?
No, it means he emulates you (or, going back to his original statement,
both of us).
Aha... he is a strange bird, isn't he?

:D
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 06:40:17 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I asked you what you mean.
I trust your confusion has cleared up by now?
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 09:15:06 UTC
You and Michael see Trump's insulting behaviors
as signs of his success, and so you emulate him.
Insulting me makes you feel better about yourself.
I'm here for you. Insult me to your heart's content.
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 12:20:28 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
You and Michael see Trump's insulting behaviors
as signs of his success, and so you emulate him.
No, Corey, that's a lie.

I have never, and do not now, "emulate" Donald Trump.

Just to set the record straight on your lying misrepresentation of me, once
and for all.

And... have a nice day.

Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 14:00:09 UTC
When you say, "No, Corey, that's a lie.", you're emulating Trump.

When you say, "I have never, and do not now, "emulate" Donald Trump.", you're emulating Trump.

When you say, "Just to set the record straight on your lying misrepresentation of me, once
and for all.", you're emulating Trump.

You might think you see Peter Gabriel in the mirror, but you're Trump through and through.

Face it. You emulate Trump.
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 17:30:51 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
You and Michael see Trump's insulting behaviors
How about your insulting behavior... I never watch Trump, so I see dozens
more examples from you than hum.

Just sayin'.
Post by Hieronymous707
as signs of his success, and so you emulate him.
That's the lie, I never have even paid much attention to Trump, much less
had an "emulation" of him.

This statement from you is a misrepresentation of me and my personality, and
a lie.

To set the record straight, and at our request to show you your lie, Corey.

:D
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 19:10:33 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Misquote noted.
Bullshit... you lied about me and I corrected you.

Simple as that.

Here is the post, exactly as you lyingly wrote it:

"Hieronymous707" wrote in message news:56e3b74e-a2f8-4e4b-8b24-***@googlegroups.com...

You and Michael see Trump's insulting behaviors
as signs of his success, and so you emulate him.
Insulting me makes you feel better about yourself.
I'm here for you. Insult me to your heart's content.

No surprises here.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 19:20:49 UTC
I didn't lie about you. Simple as that.

You didn't correct me. Simple as that.

Insulting me makes you feel better about yourself.

Simple as that

Calling me a liar makes you feel better about yourself.

Simple as that.

You and Michael see Trump's insulting behaviors
as signs of his success, and so you emulate him,
by calling me a liar. It's really as Simple as that.

LOL.
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 21:33:18 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Trump
emulate him
No surprise, since ou share so man personality traits with Trump.

But you are not alone, even Keith Richards seems to dig Trump:

Keith Richards on Donald Trump:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/6692390/billboard-cover-keith-richards-mick-jagger-the-rolling-stones-donald-trump-drugs-grateful-dead

"I do find him refreshing. He's cut through a lot of crap, and eventually
... well, can you imagine President Trump? The worst nightmare. But we can't
say that. Because it could happen. This is one of the wonders of this
country. Who would've thought Ronald Reagan could be president?"

And so it goes.
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 21:37:27 UTC
Typo alert, since I'm sure our sneering little friend will pounce on them:

"No surprise, Corey, since you share so many personality traits with Trump..."

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 21:46:59 UTC
Trump loves to be on stage.
You love to be on stage.
Trump is a narcissist who hates
being laughed at by black people.
You're a narcissist who hates
being laughed at by black people
who watch you complain at the KFC.
Will Dockery
2016-03-20 10:54:44 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Trump loves to be on stage.
You love to be on stage.
That's a pretty slim comparison so far.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-20 11:07:59 UTC
LOL
Will Dockery
2016-03-20 12:20:06 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
being laughed at by black people
being laughed at by black people
Don't limit your audience so much, Corey:

Let everybody have a laugh.

:D
Hieronymous707
2016-03-20 14:31:28 UTC
I agree. Let everybody have a laugh.
Record yourself reading my poetry.
Post it on YouTube. See what happens.
Rachel
2016-03-20 14:50:39 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I agree. Let everybody have a laugh.
Record yourself reading my poetry.
Post it on YouTube. See what happens.
i saw this thing once, i may have posted in the dylan group, by dylan somebody, like called dylan's fart or something like that, and the little kids were singing, really sweetly, "faaaaaaaaaaaaart."

it was quite sweet and a little weird!

(reminds me of my brain on drugs.....or not.......) ( :-/////// )
Rachel
2016-03-20 14:52:04 UTC
Post by Rachel
Post by Hieronymous707
I agree. Let everybody have a laugh.
Record yourself reading my poetry.
Post it on YouTube. See what happens.
i saw this thing once, i may have posted in the dylan group, by dylan somebody, like called dylan's fart or something like that, and the little kids were singing, really sweetly, "faaaaaaaaaaaaart."
it was quite sweet and a little weird!
(reminds me of my brain on drugs.....or not.......) ( :-/////// )
i think it was called dylan's fart song, iirc.

otoh, after i saw it, later i was looking for it again, for research purposes ;-), and couldn't find it...
Will Dockery
2016-03-23 10:56:16 UTC
Post by Rachel
Post by Rachel
Post by Hieronymous707
I agree. Let everybody have a laugh.
Record yourself reading my poetry.
Post it on YouTube. See what happens.
i saw this thing once, i may have posted in the dylan group, by dylan somebody, like called dylan's fart or something like that, and the little kids were singing, really sweetly, "faaaaaaaaaaaaart."
it was quite sweet and a little weird!
(reminds me of my brain on drugs.....or not.......) ( :-/////// )
i think it was called dylan's fart song, iirc.
otoh, after i saw it, later i was looking for it again, for research purposes ;-), and couldn't find it...
That reminds me of that really weird Dylan cover of "Eye of the Tiger" from what was supposed to be the Empire Burlesque era, circa 1985 or so, that simply vanished, no trace of it apparently anywhere now.

I thought of that last night, because the song was playing on the speakers at Wal Mart, probably in connection the new Rocky movie, yes, there seems to be another Rocky movie on DVD now, pitting him against Apollo Creed, apparently. Maybe some sort of "next generation" thing like Star Wars is doing, but the original Survivor version of the song was playing, and I was remembering the (probably faked) Bob Dylan 1980s whiney voice wailing it out.

I sure would like to hear that version again, talk about "bad".

I missed that one, maybe a "Knocked Out Loaded" out-take, when he was using the children's choir on the Kristofferson song?
Will Dockery
2016-04-18 00:27:35 UTC
Post by Rachel
it was quite sweet and a little weird!
Thanks for reading and commenting, Rachel.

:D
Will Dockery
2016-03-20 15:44:53 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I agree. Let everybody have a laugh.
Record yourself reading my poetry.
Post it on YouTube. See what happens.
I probably won't have time tonight (and have no printer to make a copy to
read from, either), but possibly in the near future, though.

The poem is a good one, and I would feel comfortable interpreting it from
start to finish, I think.

I think you might consider reposting it for Rachel, she might have missed
it, and she seems to be quite a fan of our work.

2016-03-21 08:43:51 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I agree. Let everybody have a laugh.
Record yourself reading my poetry.
Post it on YouTube. See what happens.
I really like the idea, and your poem, Corey, and hope to have this ready by April. Are you opposed to me adapting the poem to a style closer to my own voice, or do you demand I keep each word exactly as you wrote them?

Either way is okay, but some freedom of creative movement would help me in my working process, as I think you know.

Last night was taken up with Brian Mallard's new guitar riff, which I wrote the words for and then recorded vocals with him for it.

The rough draft turned out so well we decided to rush-release the draft in the morning, and let all the other musicians study it from there, and debut the full project on or next show, April 9th at the VFW Club in Cusseta Georgia.

As Mallard puts it on his Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154687598227586&set=a.10150626344842586.488003.796432585&type=3&theater

"New song! By, you guessed it, Dockery and Mallard! "Just Like a Flower"! Bare bones, so don't expect lead yet, or fancy things like Bass. On Reverbnation by Daylight!" -Brian Mallard

Working on typing those lyrics and loading the Mp3 now... with stil two more hours until Daylight, I may make it...

:D
Hieronymous707
2016-03-21 09:04:58 UTC
The poem was written smartly so I'd like to hear it read smartly, but
beyond that I don't care what you do, and I'm really not interested in
discussing it any further. It was just an idea. Don't over think it. Record
or don't record. It really doesn't make a difference to me.
Will Dockery
2016-03-21 09:11:10 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
The poem was written smartly so I'd like to hear it read smartly, but
beyond that I don't care what you do, and I'm really not interested in
discussing it any further. It was just an idea. Don't over think it. Record
or don't record. It really doesn't make a difference to me.
Here's what I got last night, have a listen and critique me, if possible:

Posted a new song:

"Just Like A Flower" / Will Dockery & Brian Mallard

http://www.reverbnation.com/q/6iobbb
Hieronymous707
2016-03-21 09:12:49 UTC
Clicking links is dangerous.
I might see something bad.
Will Dockery
2016-03-21 09:16:41 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Clicking links is dangerous.
I might see something bad.
You'll see and hear me... since art is subjective, whether that will be "bad" or not will depend on your perspective.

Posted a new song:

"Just Like A Flower" / Will Dockery & Brian Mallard

http://www.reverbnation.com/q/6iobbb

I assure you, no glory holes, fart jokes, or blasphemies against Jesus to be found anywhere on that site.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-21 09:19:07 UTC
What a yawn. No reason for someone
like me to EVER visit your site then.
Enjoy your family friendly popularity.
Will Dockery
2016-03-21 09:21:22 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
What a yawn. No reason for someone
like me to EVER visit your site then.
Enjoy your family friendly popularity.
Not even if I recorded and posted your poem there?

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-21 09:27:28 UTC
It's not worth discussing. Do what you want.
Will Dockery
2016-03-21 09:52:12 UTC
<This message has been deleted>
Jeeze, that was fast, Corey.

I take it you wrote something you didn't want anyone else but yourself to read?

2016-05-22 01:20:58 UTC
I did this last year with your "Haunted Room" poem.
Richard Oakley
2016-05-22 04:47:05 UTC
This massage has been detected
Rachel
2016-05-22 04:51:43 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
This massage has been detected
humans *need* touch. i was just thinking about this earlier today. (forgive my sad rant...)

a real good woman to do just what you say!

help you relax.

oh, you made a typo! never mind! ;-)
Will Dockery
2016-05-22 12:36:29 UTC
Post by Rachel
Post by Richard Oakley
This massage has been detected
humans *need* touch. i was just thinking about this earlier today. (forgive my sad rant...)
a real good woman to do just what you say!
help you relax.
Kind of that anointing feet with oil of frankincense and myrrh thing?

That was always one of my favorite parts of the Bible.

:D
Richard Oakley
2016-05-22 12:42:35 UTC
Bump
Will Dockery
2016-05-22 13:08:16 UTC
"It moved!" -George Costanza
Richard Oakley
2016-05-23 04:13:48 UTC
LOL miss that show and so stupid how it ended.
Will Dockery
2016-03-18 14:04:44 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I asked you what you mean.
If you can't tell me what you
mean, then I'll never know.
Are you serious?

Really, if you were serious, you've never heard of the phrase to "top"
something?
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 14:24:45 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
what I wrote wasn't a lie.
Perhaps you were writing the lie about someone else, but if you wrote it
about me... then it was a misrepresentation, and a lie.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 14:30:04 UTC
No, I meant you, specifically. Maybe if you
could explain exactly what you see as a lie,
then I'd be able to explain why it isn't a lie.
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 14:35:30 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
explain exactly what you see as a lie
Okay, I'll have another look at the lie you posted and explain it, when time
permits.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 14:41:51 UTC
You can't have another look at a lie I posted
because I didn't post a lie in the first place.
All you can do at this point is continue to
assert that I lied about you, which I didn't,
or admit that you were mistaken, apologize
for calling me a liar, and thank me for my time.
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 17:23:51 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I lied about you
I know, and I called you on it, then I set the record straight.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 18:53:53 UTC
Misquote noted.
Rachel
2016-03-19 18:59:21 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Misquote noted.
J'ACCUSE!!!!!
Rachel
2016-03-19 19:02:22 UTC
Post by Rachel
Post by Hieronymous707
Misquote noted.
J'ACCUSE!!!!!
before you accuse me, take a look at yourself! (lol)

let it all hang out... c-rey!

just kidding. being ridiculous.

okay, i have to go.

bye.
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 19:06:19 UTC
Buy buy!
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 21:29:10 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I said you emulate Trump
Actually, Trump seems more /your/ type to me.

:)
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 21:35:09 UTC
That's okay. You're insulting.
Trump is insulting. Trump calls
people liars. You call people liars.
You emulate Trump. I don't.
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 21:39:23 UTC

:D
Michael Pendragon
2016-03-19 21:42:12 UTC
Hieronymous707
2016-03-19 21:54:23 UTC
It's actually an honor for me to
emulate you back to yourselves.
Thank you both for being here.
Will Dockery
Corey sure has that Trump style down, doesn't he?
Hieronymous707
2016-05-26 21:07:06 UTC
It must be the hair.
Will Dockery
2016-05-26 23:55:37 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
It must be
That you're on the verge of another melt-down?

Probably is, Corey.

Try not to get all whiney and violent on us tonight, okay?

2016-07-23 21:02:18 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
You're insulting.
So are you.
So that means you emulate Trump also?
No, it means he emulates you (or, going back to his original statement, both of us).
Speaking of Trump, I found this article very interesting...

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

Excellent article on the man who ghost-wrote Trump's book, Tony Schwartz.

“I don’t do it for the money, I’ve got enough, much more than I’ll ever need. I do it to do it. Deals are my art form. Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry. I like making deals, preferably big deals. That’s how I get my kicks.” -Donald Trump, as told to Tony Schwartz
Will Dockery
2016-03-19 21:41:08 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
You call people liars.
When you post lies here, what else do you expect to be called?

:D
Will Dockery
2016-05-31 09:42:27 UTC
From The Shadowville All-Stars vaults, Red-Lipped Stranger a poem by Will Dockery (Set to music with Gini Woolfolk Davidson, Brian Mallard & Jack Snipe, produced by Robert Wright, paintings by Gary Frankfurth).

https://www.reverbnation.com/artist/video/10793259?0

Red-Lipped Stranger

Her creep crawls
the narrow stairway
of the Candlelight Motel
to watch for her
from a window.

Rethinking
his infatuation
but clinging
to his vision of her
as the Red-Lipped Stranger.

Downstairs
the desk clerk's cat
slithers through
the service entrance.

The vampirate
on a motorbike
passes below
to the westbound bridge
werewolf on her back.

Jennifer at river bend
watches gunboats
smacks her foot
on the bright red clay.

Jennifer gives good lyric
she wrote this poem
she's no bum.

But she's not there
on the other side
of the greenish wall.

Through a three-inch-wall
he hears
bedsprings rattle
rustle of dry-hump,
some guy's mumbles.

Hears the fat blonde waitress
whip it in bondage
the sounds
lull him to sleep.

The hand of Uncle Sugar
still taking notes
as a new standard bearer
hands out trophies
to the winners.

His trillion dollar gash
flakes from the bone
as gravity tears
a pound of dust.

Clings to a picture book
the missing part of himself
as if perpetually
anchored
to his invisible erection.

At Lucky Seven Lounge
she tries
not to reveal herself
but she stubbornly clutches
her empty shoes.

Something
seems missing
in the broad daylight
when the details
are displayed.

All that remains are
her flat black hat
her oversized lantern
her broken laptop.

No poor boy on the street
can speak of her
or the island on the river.
Or about her return...
her resurrection.

-Will Dockery

Reposted for Richard Oakley at his request for examples of my recent, favorite poetry, but comments and critique from all are welcomed.