France And America: Critic And Doer
Add Reply
i***@gmail.com
2019-10-11 01:15:49 UTC
The French are known for being whiney. That is because the French culture encourages the intellectual approach; and the people who encourage the intellectual approach will create a bunch of back-seat drivers who know best how to criticize. Whereas Americans encourage the entrepreneurial approach, which creates a bunch of front-seat drivers.

The first know best how to criticize, and the second know best how to do. Of course there is very much a need for both. Critical thinking allows people to make better decisions; and if the critic and the doer work with each other – rather than against one another – better decisions are made and implemented.

Without the attention of the critic, the doer does all sorts of stupid things. This gives the critic all the more to criticize. Eventually the relationship becomes very rankorous, and calls are made on both sides to either terminate the relationship or see the other party as an enemy.

How about putting the back-seat driver into the passenger seat? How about listening to their criticisms and then discerning which ones to throw away and which ones to adopt and use in favor of making better decisions?

America and France can very well have a constructive relationship. The critic needs to make criticisms constructive rather than abusive, and the doer needs to listen to valid criticism. That way better decisions will be made across the board, and both America and France will benefit.
Hieronymous Corey
2019-10-11 10:50:56 UTC
"Je suis Charlie"
General Zod
2019-10-12 05:15:27 UTC
"Je suis Charlie"
Good one Pastor C.
Z***@none.i2p
2019-10-11 13:24:35 UTC
ibshambat wrote on Fri, 11 October 2019 01:15
Post by i***@gmail.com
[...]
I have been a fan of French poetry and the New Wave films from the 1960s made there... although not speaking or reading Frnch, I must rely on translations....

Thus, I "read" a French film as I would a comic book, for example....
Michael Pendragon
2019-10-11 13:27:43 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
[...]
I believe you meant to say "not speaking or reading or spelling Frnch."

HtH & so on.

Michael Pendragon
“I'd think so, but never underestimate the stupidity of a troll.”
-- Wee Whiny Willie Dockery, quintessential dumb fuck, pissbum & troll
Z***@none.i2p
2019-10-11 13:35:00 UTC
Michael Pendragon wrote on Fri, 11 October 2019 13:27
Post by i***@gmail.com
[...]
True that was a typo.....

Now feel free to whine about it for the next year or two..............

Ha ha ha....
Michael Pendragon
2019-10-11 13:40:57 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
[...]
Sleep it off, Stinky.

(And don't bother waking up.)

Michael Pendragon
“Well, knowing Sulzbach as I do, I was pleasantly surprised he decided to spend the money on something other than booze and drugs.”
-- Wee Whiny Willie Dockery, quintessential dumb fuck, alcoholic pissbum
Z***@none.i2p

I'm having my morning coffee................
Will Dockery
2019-10-11 13:58:24 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
[...]
I have been a fan of French poetry and the New Wave films from the 1960s made there... although not speaking or reading French, I must rely on translations....
Thus, I "read" a French film as I would a comic book, for example....
https://www.thecinetourist.net/bukowski-in-sauve-qui-peut-la-vie.html
Z***@none.i2p
Nailed it..........
Z***@none.i2p