Playgrounds Magazine
Edward Rochester Esq.
2019-07-27 17:26:03 UTC
If this was published for 20 years and had a 10,000 copy run each month, do permanent copies of these exist?
https://issuu.com/willdockery/docs/072006playgroundsall
Playgrounds Magazine / July 2006 issue
Published on Jun 30, 2006
When, in your miserable life, did you go wrong? Was it after your wife ran?
After your first 'trip'? After your children x'd you out as 'daddy'? After the GED? After pizza delivery? After moving in with your brother (and his monthly check)

A man in his sixties, posting the same junk over and over.

Is this 14 year old story, meant to impress? Supposed to change all our thoughts of your failures? Do you really believe you're successful? Do you not know, your social security will not carry the day. Are you aware you will end up by the river as your best buddy does...happy for a sip of wine by the river and campfire.

Do you think yourself the next 'poet' to be revered or are you aware in the middle of the night, you're just a caged monkey, visitors passing by to laugh as you shell peanuts and make funny sounds.

If rumors are correct, Pickles has died. That leaves you with the admiration of a homeless drunk and a guy from Canada who sweats over a blocked up blog needing a good industrial strength cleaning.

Keep trying, keep posting the old stuff, we'll keep laughing.

Pickles has supposedly passed...reach out to your children, make your apologies for your DNA...they might forgive you, blood being thicker than water, they say. It isn't too late.
Will Dockery
2019-07-27 20:00:33 UTC
If this was published for 20 years and had a 10,000 copy run each month, do permanent copies of these exist? We don't see them on eBay or available anywhere. Will's screen shots only show the cover. If this was an actual magazine, back copies should be archived somewhere with volume number and issue.
1.) Playgrounds Magazine / February 2005
Published on Jan 31, 2005
https://issuu.com/willdockery/docs/022005playgroundsall
Playgrounds Magazine / February 2005
February 2005 edition of Playgrounds Magazine.
Page 23: "To The Magic Store" column by Will Dockery
2.) Playgrounds Magazine / December 2007
Published on Nov 30, 2007
https://issuu.com/willdockery/docs/122007playgroundsall
December 2007 edition of Playgrounds Magazine
Page 23: "To The Magic Store" column by Will Dockery
3.) Playgrounds Magazine / March 2011 issue pdf
https://issuu.com/willdockery/docs/032011playgroundsall
Pages of interest...
My monthly column "To The Magic Store" is on Page 11
Full page Hogbottom ad on Page 7
More to come...
Fishwrap.
And not just fishwrap, but local fishwrap.
You are entitled to your opinion of my published work, but you can't top it... hundreds of poems and columns published since 1995 in Playgrounds Magazine:

https://issuu.com/willdockery

The Playgrounds Magazine pdf Collection.

2019-07-31 23:19:41 UTC
[...]
;)
10,000 copies every month.... that adds up after a while...

A LOT of copies of your poetry out there, Doc......
Rex Entwhistle
Outstanding publication of small press......! !!
Will Dockery
Yes, it is interesting to se the evolution of the magazine over the years.
NancyGene
What is "se?" You really should proofread what you write, if you can actually see the letters.
Rex Entwhistle
2019-07-31 04:48:39 UTC
Post by Rex Entwhistle
[...]
You are a picky little troll....

You are what is known as a Spelling Lamer in Usenet jargon....
Michael Pendragon
And you are what is known as a Pissbum in common parlance.
Rex Entwhistle
good work
Rex Entwhistle
2019-07-30 15:35:03 UTC
A good read....
Coco DeSockmonkey
2019-07-30 17:38:52 UTC
Post by Rex Entwhistle
A good read....
Shut up, Todd.
Will Dockery
2019-07-31 22:31:05 UTC
Circulation 10,000 copies a month for almost twenty years.

:)
Rex Warren Jr.
2019-08-03 04:18:50 UTC
It is said to be over 2 million copies....
Rex Warren Jr.
2019-08-02 20:44:20 UTC
If this was published for 20 years and had a 10,000 copy run each month, do permanent copies of these exist? We don't see them on eBay or available anywhere. Will's screen shots only show the cover. If this was an actual magazine, back copies should be archived somewhere with volume number and issue.
Nancy G. whined about wantin' to see Playgrounds Mag and now it can see them.....

https://issuu.com/willdockery
Johnny Galt
2019-08-07 08:41:03 UTC
Yes here is where Nancy G. asked, nay, demanded to see copies of PG so Doc as always... delivered....
Z***@none.i2p
2019-10-13 22:35:33 UTC
That is cool, thanks a million......
General Zod
2019-10-12 05:48:39 UTC
Thanks for the nod, Spacey.
😀
Any new scans on the way....?
Z***@none.i2p
2019-10-12 13:54:47 UTC
Did you find the issues with my cover art on them yet....?
Conley Brothers
2019-10-12 15:22:33 UTC
the issues with my art
Yes, it sucks and looks like a blind child drew it.
Will Dockery
2019-10-12 18:22:20 UTC
Post by Z***@none.i2p
Did you find the issues with my cover art on them yet....?
I'll be getting back to the scans in the near future.

2019-11-10 03:44:04 UTC
Will Dockery wrote on Sat, 12 October 2019 18:22
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Z***@none.i2p
Did you find the issues with my cover art on them yet....?
I'll be getting back to the scans in the near future.
;)
Tnx Doc.....

i***@gmail.com
2019-11-09 08:08:52 UTC