Reb Harlan Ellison
2018-04-14 09:52:57 UTC
Reb Harlan Ellison
1970 The glass teat: essays of opinion on the subject of television (Ace Books), 1-318
1975A The glass teat: essays of opinion on the subject of television ((Pyramid Communications), 1-319
1975B The other glass teat: further essays of opinion on television (Pyramid Communications), 1-397 [1st printing of suppressed 1972 Ace Books edition]
I think this was due to a chapter in which Ellison strongly criticized Richard Nixon, but I'd have to verify that, been over thirty years since I read or thought about that trivia...
1983A The glass teat: essays of opinion on the subject of teleivision (Ace Books), 1-319
1983B The other glass teat: further essays of opinion on television (Ace Books), 1-397
1997 The compleat Glass teat (Bibliobytes), PDF
2011 The glass teat & The other glass teat omnibus (Charnel House), 1-480 + CD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
2018-04-14 15:08:47 UTC
I think this was due to a chapter in which Ellison strongly criticized Richard Nixon, but I'd have to verify that, been over thirty years since I read or thought about that trivia...
Shalom & Boker tov, Will...in part, yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
davening in the musematic dark
Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
2018-04-14 15:38:45 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
Post by Will Dockery
I think this was due to a chapter in which Ellison strongly criticized Richard Nixon, but I'd have to verify that, been over thirty years since I read or thought about that trivia...
Shalom & Boker tov, Will...in part, yes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reb Harlan described the events with Ace in the introduction for the 1975 Pyramid reprint. Spiro Agnew was not, so to speak, pleased with Reb Harlan's speculations about Agnew sexual habits and The Reader's Digest...and Ace surrendered to political pressure. In re/reading it yesterday (I also read Reb Harlan's series when they first appeared in LOS ANGELES FREE PRESS), I couldn't help but see the parallels between the protofascism of Agnew, and our own resident parasites PaedoBarney, Quacker Shiksa ME, NaziGwomen, and CapGunEunuch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
Oh yes, Spiro Agnew... National Lampoon and Phil Ochs also targeted Agnew with some strong satires, as well.
Will Dockery
2018-04-14 16:46:58 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I think this was due to a chapter in which Ellison strongly criticized Richard Nixon, but I'd have to verify that, been over thirty years since I read or thought about that trivia...
Shalom & Boker tov, Will...in part, yes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reb Harlan described the events with Ace in the introduction for the 1975 Pyramid reprint. Spiro Agnew was not, so to speak, pleased with Reb Harlan's speculations about Agnew sexual habits and The Reader's Digest...and Ace surrendered to political pressure. In re/reading it yesterday (I also read Reb Harlan's series when they first appeared in LOS ANGELES FREE PRESS),
Yes, that was the newspaper, and I'm not sure which magazine, but one national did reprint some of Ellison's columns, but now that I think on it, it was his later column With An Edge In My Voice", also later collected into book form.
Post by Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
I couldn't help but see the parallels between the protofascism of Agnew, and our own resident parasites PaedoBarney, Quacker Shiksa ME, NaziGwomen, and CapGunEunuch.
Yes, like us, Harlan Ellison does have to deal with his fair share of fools:

http://antickmusings.blogspot.com/2009/07/other-glass-teat-by-harlan-ellison.html
Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
2018-04-14 15:29:07 UTC
The CD of the 2011 limited edition = 2011 audio recording of Reb Harlan reading 'Welcome to the gulag', an introduction written for this new edition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
2018-04-14 15:39:18 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
The CD of the 2011 limited edition = 2011 audio recording of Reb Harlan reading 'Welcome to the gulag', an introduction written for this new edition.
Oh, I haven't heard that... my newest copies of The Glass Teat and The Other Glass Teat are from 1980s printings, but Ellison does go on at length in that edition, as well... Ace Books was of a conservative bent, editorially, I reckon...
Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
2018-04-14 16:10:51 UTC
2014A The Harlan Ellison collection. The glass teat (Open Road Integrated Media), 1-376
N.B. This contains the text of the 11 February 2011 'Welcome to the gulag'. The 2011 Charnel House signed limited edition was published for $1700...and costs even more 7 years later...

2014B The Harlan Ellison collection. The other glass teat (Open Road Integrated Media), 1-426

Reading the essays is still illuminating...keeping in mind, that it is a 'time capsule'. Cyberia did not exist. I am writing these words on the 21st century glass teat, and I rarely watch tele/vision...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
Yes, the essays were of current television of 1969 and similar years, collections of a column Harlan Ellison wrote for a weekly newspaper, I forget which newspaper. His aside about his own life as he wrote are what make The Glass Teat a sort of ongoing autobiography, comparable to Jack Kerouac's writings in this way.
Will Dockery
2018-04-19 14:49:32 UTC
Harlan Ellison is one of those few writers where every piece he writes is part of a large multidimensional epic.
Will Dockery
2018-08-08 12:41:21 UTC
Reb Harlan Ellison
May he rest in peace...
1970 The glass teat: essays of opinion on the subject of television (Ace Books), 1-318
1975A The glass teat: essays of opinion on the subject of television ((Pyramid Communications), 1-319
1975B The other glass teat: further essays of opinion on television (Pyramid Communications), 1-397 [1st printing of suppressed 1972 Ace Books edition]
1983A The glass teat: essays of opinion on the subject of teleivision (Ace Books), 1-319
1983B The other glass teat: further essays of opinion on television (Ace Books), 1-397
1997 The compleat Glass teat (Bibliobytes), PDF
2011 The glass teat & The other glass teat omnibus (Charnel House), 1-480 + CD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found a nice copy of Harlan Ellison's The Glass Teat, looks like a 1980s paperback edition up at Book Nook in Atlanta, Stephan, bagged in plastic, and weeks after Ellison's death still priced at the very affordable $10, which means the Book Nook staff didn't jack the prices up when H.E. died. There are 3-4 more of his books, names escape me at the moment, but Harlan Ellison never wrote a bad book, all at $10 each, all wrapped in the plastic ("mylar") bags... all of 1970s-80s vintage. I already own more than one copy of these but will be buying them up if they remain, next trip... a good chance for you or any other friend here to get a good boost on a Harlan Ellison collection, since I have copies already I will be happy to snag these for you and Dave will ship them out...

Just found, one of my newspaper columns from 2001 where I discuss the time Harlan Ellison lived here in the Columbus area, at Fort Benning Georgia...

http://r144.com/fjna2p20608.htm
Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
2018-08-08 16:32:16 UTC
On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 5:41:23 AM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:

Will...I use Abe Books -- they remain the best, and I find research materials at very reasonable prices. Their book sellers give you a wide range of costs.

לעולם לא אשכח

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
2018-08-08 16:43:31 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
Will...I use Abe Books -- they remain the best, and I find research materials at very reasonable prices. Their book sellers give you a wide range of costs.
My daughter and I are planning an Atlanta trip soon, so I can show her (and she can photograph for historical purposes) all the different places her mother and I lived and loved in Atlanta, which was several years before her birth... when we arrive at Book Nook, even 38 years ago a favorite haunt of mine, and Lady Katherine's, if these several paperbacks are still available, I'll surprise my daughter with the set, a good started on a Harlan Ellison library.

2018-08-08 21:19:35 UTC
Can you say "delusional"?
Will Dockery
Hey, a family tour is common, I thought... I think if you were honest, you'd feel the same way.
Slutty Sarah
Atlanta has some banging crack, which is why I want to go there. I don't really care bout the "historical" tour. Once the Mexican came along, none of that mattered anyway. Mama loved that hot latin man meat. I can't say I blame her.
Will Dockery
2018-08-09 18:22:30 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
Will...I use Abe Books -- they remain the best, and I find research
materials at very reasonable prices. Their book sellers give you a wide
range of costs.
My daughter and I are planning an Atlanta trip soon, so I can show her
(and she can photograph for historical purposes)
Can you say
Lying fuckhead?

I can say that just about every time I read one of your posts lately, Pen.
Michael Pendragon
2018-08-09 19:28:05 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
Will...I use Abe Books -- they remain the best, and I find research
materials at very reasonable prices. Their book sellers give you a wide
range of costs.
My daughter and I are planning an Atlanta trip soon, so I can show her
(and she can photograph for historical purposes)
Can you say
Lying fuckhead?
I can say that just about every time I read one of your posts lately, Pen.
You're really poring through the archives in your attempt to bury your recent reviews.

Why not just thank us, recognize your shortcomings as a poet, and ... maybe ... just maybe ... improve as a poet?
Will Dockery
2018-08-09 20:05:46 UTC
You have proven over and over that it is true, Pendragon.

Your malicious and sleazy lies about Nelly Black, my family, and anyone else
you decide to attack, proves that you'll try any dirty trick to "win" a
flame war.
Will Dockery
2018-08-09 20:46:44 UTC
Hell, anyone who has seen your photograph knows you look like a gay man with
Downs Syndrome, Pendragon... as the photos I posted earlier demonstrate...
but I don't attack you about it.

Your sleazy lying attacks on my family are out of bounds, please stop it.
Michael Pendragon
2018-08-09 21:10:31 UTC
Hell, anyone who has seen your photograph knows you look like a gay man with
Downs Syndrome, Pendragon... as the photos I posted earlier demonstrate...
but I don't attack you about it.
Your sleazy lying attacks on my family are out of bounds, please stop it.
There you go again. I've never attacked any of them, Will.

Clay appears to be *quite* homosexual. Dave appears to be re... a Dockery.

Nelly Black sits like a ho.

And Will Dockery is an uneducated, illiterate, rock singer wannabe who can't write a poem (even a modern poem in the broadest sense of the word) to save his life.

Those are just honest observations. Accept them or not. But as long as you dredge them up to falsely accuse me of lying, I will continue to "set the record straight."

Surely you can identify with that.
Brother Dave
2018-08-09 22:01:24 UTC
Hell, anyone who has seen your >photograph knows you look like a gay man >with Downs Syndrome
Gay and retard shaming in one sentence. Well done Will Dockery, you hypocrite.
but I don't attack you about it.
No, of course you don't. It's not like you did that in the sentence you just typed above.
Will Dockery
2018-08-09 22:05:38 UTC
Post by Brother Dave
Gay and retard shaming
That's been Pendragon's method of attack fr months now, yes.
Will Dockery
2018-08-10 03:46:57 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Which one
Oh, this one's pretty funny, it'll do:

https://imgflip.com/i/2fkqau

Have you looked in the mirror lately, Pendragon?

2018-08-09 09:50:20 UTC
I haven't tried Abe Books, bt should go have a look...
Will Dockery
2018-08-09 19:48:11 UTC
Yet another lie from Pendragon, who admits he will try any dirty trick in
the book if he thinks it will "help him win", as he told his mentor, PJR.

:)
m***@gmail.com
2018-08-09 20:02:45 UTC
Yet another lie from Pendragon, who admits he will try any dirty trick in
the book if he thinks it will "help him win", as he told his mentor, PJR.
Gee, Will, the last time you trotted out this lie, you ended up searching the archives and eventually ended up apologizing for having mistakenly credited me with what turned out to be another of PJR's slurs.

And, since you know that the statement came from Peter, and not from me, one can only take your false attribution of it above to be another lie on your part. You've really taken hypocrisy to new, unheralded levels. Congrats.
Will Dockery
2018-08-09 20:07:05 UTC
And still, there goes Pendragon, piling lie on top of lie...
m***@gmail.com
2018-08-09 20:14:56 UTC
And still, there goes Pendragon, piling lie on top of lie...
I will always stand behind the statements I make, Will. And if I no longer believe in the validity of my statements, I'll emend them, retract them, and apologize for them (when necessary). But I won't be accused of statements that I've never made.

If you insist that it's a lie, go back and search the archives again, and find the supposed quote where I said that.

And, until you find it, stop spreading lies about me.
Will Dockery
2018-08-09 20:20:33 UTC
Pendragon, if you will stop lying and attacking my family and friends, I'll
pretty much have no problem with you.

Fair enough?
m***@gmail.com

Brother Dave
2018-08-09 21:57:39 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Clay appears to be *quite* homosexual.
Clay is so gay that Richard Simmons has a poster of HIM on his bedroom wall. There no appears about it.
What gave it away, the obesity? The overall unkempt and slovenly appearance? The sloped shoulders and slack jaw? The lack of dignity?
LA MENSTRUELITA
GO BOO RADLEY GO
Will Dockery
2018-08-09 22:01:36 UTC
On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 5:57:40 PM UTC-4, Brother Dave wrote:

<scum snipped>

Good afternoon, troll... right on time, I see.

:)
Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
2018-08-09 22:06:42 UTC
<scum snipped>
Good afternoon, troll... right on time, I see.
:)
Will...the troll with the fake address is now using Nelly.

לעולם לא אשכח

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
Yes, and Pendragon is suddenly proving Dave Marsh correct, with his new racist sounding attacks on Nelly.
Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
2018-08-09 22:21:14 UTC
Yes, and ********* is suddenly proving Dave Marsh correct, with his new racist sounding attacks on Nelly.
Yes he is, Will, all day. The attacks against Nelly (first perpetrated with the racialist smears of NaziGene) echo exactly what musicologist Dave Marsh was saying in 2003.
לעולם לא אשכח

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
2018-08-09 21:42:51 UTC
It seems Dave Marsh may have been right about you all along, Pen, since your
comments about Nelly are taking a distinct turn to racism.
NELLY BLACK
2018-08-09 22:03:22 UTC
WHY YOU TRIM MY PUSSY PIC DUMMY WILL , THAT MY ADVERTIZING
Brother Dave
2018-12-24 21:09:12 UTC
You need to trim that pussy fro, Nelly.
NELLY BLACK
THAT JUST A BUNCH OF FLIES
Will Dockery
I noticed years ago while watching those Sally Struthers infomercials that negroes attract a lot of flies.
Will Dockery
2019-07-12 02:15:18 UTC
Racist much, impostor troll?

:)
George Sulzbach
Interesting. The flies no doubt mistake the niglets for pieces of shit.
Will Dockery
2018-08-10 04:10:51 UTC
"Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di" wrote in message news:1418ff56-7495-4f05-a594-***@googlegroups.com...

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 5:41:23 AM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:

Will...I use Abe Books -- they remain the best, and I find research
materials at very reasonable prices. Their book sellers give you a wide
range of costs.

Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa
Researcher
לעולם לא אשכח

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:

Getting this back on topic, thanks for the top on Abe Books, Stephan.
Will Dockery
2019-03-05 05:10:10 UTC
"Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di" wrote in message news:1418ff56-7495-4f05-a594-***@googlegroups.com...

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 5:41:23 AM UTC-7, Will Dockery wrote:

Will...I use Abe Books -- they remain the best, and I find research
materials at very reasonable prices. Their book sellers give you a wide
range of costs.

Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa
Researcher
לעולם לא אשכח

Big news is I've been seeing Harlan Ellison books back in print, on the
shelves at Barnes and Noble.

Great news...

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
2018-08-08 16:46:44 UTC
Typo alert:

"Start" not "Started" .

😀
Will Dockery
2018-08-09 22:29:00 UTC
I suppose Pendragon held it in as long as he could, but he seems to have finally snapped and began a meltdown.
Michael Pendragon
2018-08-10 00:54:05 UTC
I suppose Pendragon held it in as long as he could, but he seems to have finally snapped and began a meltdown.
"Begun," Fatty. Your illiteracy is showing ... again.
Will Dockery
2018-08-10 02:03:24 UTC
I suppose Pendragon held it in as long as he could, but he seems to have finally snapped and began a meltdown.
"Begun,"
At least yu don't deny your long awaited melt-down.

2018-08-10 02:43:12 UTC
"You," Fatty. Your illiteracy just won't go away.
Will Dockery
2018-08-10 02:49:48 UTC
I suppose Pendragon held it in as long as he could, but he seems to have finally snapped and began a meltdown.
"Begun,"
At least you don't deny your long awaited melt-down.
"You,"
It was a typo, spelling lamer.

:)
m***@gmail.com
2018-08-10 03:04:24 UTC
I suppose Pendragon held it in as long as he could, but he seems to have finally snapped and began a meltdown.
"Begun,"
At least you don't deny your long awaited melt-down.
"You,"
It was a typo, spelling lamer.
My correction of "begun" was a constructive criticism: since you rarely use verbs in your "poetry," I figured that verb tense was a brave new world that you were gingerly dipping your toes into.

However, when you respond to my claim that you're illiterate by misspelling "you," it becomes one of those none-too-rare moments of extreme dumbass motherfuckery that we aapc members have come to love.
Will Dockery
2018-08-10 03:08:22 UTC
No, here in Usenet, your correction is known as a spelling lame, Pendragon.

But you already know that.
m***@gmail.com
2018-08-10 03:15:46 UTC
Which one, Fatty?
Norman Bean
Got to Love that...……………...
Will Dockery
2018-12-24 23:39:39 UTC
Racist much, fake BD?
Will Dockery
2019-07-12 00:29:25 UTC
Here at the local Barnes and Noble book store and am pleased to report that Harlan Ellison books are finally starting to get back in print.

More later...
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-12 03:22:03 UTC
That is great news....
Will Dockery
2019-07-12 17:19:56 UTC
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzy_c7Dg1LK/

"Harlan Ellison books coming back to print..."
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-12 21:28:48 UTC
Post by Rex Hester Jr.
Post by Will Dockery
Here at the local Barnes and Noble book store and am pleased to report that Harlan Ellison books are finally starting to get back in print.
More later...
That is great news....
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzy_c7Dg1LK/
"Harlan Ellison books coming back to print..."
Good one also...

I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream - Harlan Ellison (audiobook)