Broken Mirror
Add Reply
Antti
2020-03-25 13:59:03 UTC
Broken Mirror

The man in the mirror
with orange glow, he would look back
at the people who elected him
with strength and confidence.

The electors knew that when he spoke
it was not him, but them, voicing;
their concerns about the immigrants
the unemployment, the homeless.

So they kept on watching, cheering
as he chose to do things, that did not
touch them, but the other people
who were not worth a breath.

Until one day, when the people
watching the mirror, began dying
and the man in the mirror, with orange glow
was welcoming their deaths.

"You must sacrifice yourself, for the economy!"
He would say with uncaring fervor.
And the people suddenly, found themselves
watching, understanding, he was not them.

Shaking their heads, they began waking up
from a stupor, like enhancement
a spell that had been laid over them
had broken, with the mirror.

k***@gmail.com
I bloody hope so, but never underestimate stupidity.
Rocky Balbubba
Indeed... as is shown here every day...!
Z***@none.i2p
2020-03-28 06:22:07 UTC
ktellefsen2 wrote on Wed, 25 March 2020 14:35
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by Antti
[...]
Not here, for sure,,,,!

Rocky Balbubba
Excellent poetry, A.L.
Me
It was an interesting take on current events. But it wasn’t excellent poetry.
Z***@none.i2p
2020-03-26 01:12:48 UTC
Me[9
Post by Rocky Balbubba
Post by Antti
[...]
Says ME, who can't even name a poet or poetry she admires....

Ha ha ha....
Z***@novabbs.i2p
2020-03-25 22:34:24 UTC
Post by Rocky Balbubba
Post by Antti
[...]
Yes it was great poetry, ME....

As if you would know...

Ha ha ha...
Me
2020-03-25 22:37:37 UTC
Post by Z***@novabbs.i2p
Post by Rocky Balbubba
Post by Antti
[...]
Unlike you, have have very good reading comprehension.
His take on Trump was interesting. It was not excellent poetry.
Even Antti will agree to that.
Z***@none.i2p

Ha ha ha....
Antti
2020-03-26 04:37:19 UTC
Post by Me
Post by Z***@novabbs.i2p
Post by Rocky Balbubba
Post by Antti
[...]
Yes, I am not really a poet.

I write here because I am lonely. To kill time. To feel some fake
connection to people on the internet.

It led me once to a 16 year marriage. But now. I am just filling
my days before I die.

This "poem". Came out of me participating at Reddit economy forum.
I was thinking what it would take for people to lose faith on the
Mr with orange glow.

I think the reason for his popularity is that he is saying things that
people want to hear. He is tickling their ears so to speak. In a way
he is a mirror.

People in America all seem to think they are millionaires, just temporarily
impoverished. They see themselves in Trump. Now, if the people who voted for him are going to start dying in droves and he wants them to go back to life
as normal.

I think that is going to break the enhancement with at least some of them.

The mirror might break. But I could be wrong. It was just a thought. A thought
I disguised as a "poem". I actually have not tried to be too political. I was thinking that I should not post it. But hey. What do I have to lose.

About poetry. What is poem anyway? What is a poet?

A fool? If so, then I am one. But if a poet is a master of the language.
I hardly count. Especially since English is my second language.

I think it is my mistakes that intrigue a lot of you. I say things in a way
that a native English speaker would not. It is surprising I guess.

Antti
Z***@none.i2p
Don't worry, ME was just trolling you.......
Rocky Balbubba
You love to brag about yourself......
Z***@novabbs.i2p
2020-03-25 22:41:51 UTC
No, you are not a very good judge of poetry, ME.....