M.D Barfield and his influence in art & poetry.....
Zod The Mighty
2019-11-27 00:31:05 UTC
Dan Barfield and his influence in art & poetry....

I would say we were all influenced by the great Danny Barfield and his art.....

I am proud to have been a student ............... in the school of hard knocks......
Will Dockery
2019-11-27 03:22:23 UTC
Obviously Barfield taught me plenty about art and poetry.

;)
Zod The Mighty
2019-11-28 05:10:33 UTC
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/357684395379892644/
General Zod
2019-11-29 19:10:11 UTC
Kudos to our friend Dan Barfield on the publication of his marvelously poetic prose...!!
General Zod
2019-11-30 00:02:41 UTC
M.D. Barfield is the local community art hero, beloved by all....!!
General Zod
2019-12-04 04:56:32 UTC
Nancy G. could get an editor credit at the very most....
I doubt Barfield is interested in the stunts of a troll like N.G.
;)
Not hardly...!!
General Zod
2019-12-06 19:31:58 UTC
Obvious....!!
General Zod
2019-12-11 06:46:06 UTC
Obvious....!!
Zod The Mighty
2019-12-22 06:35:45 UTC
I would say he is the real founder of the Shadowvillle art movement....
Michelangelo Scarlotti
2019-12-22 06:39:33 UTC
Post by Zod The Mighty
Post by Will Dockery
Obviously Barfield taught me plenty about art and poetry.
;)
I would say he is the real founder of the Shadowvillle art movement....
STOP THE PRESS!

We've got an art movement here!

So Dan Barfly founded the Shadowville (excuse me, Shadowvillle) art movement that you and Will are members of.

Who else is part of this art movement?

What is this art movement about?

What is trying to express?

What are its common and signature elements?

You've got the podium, Stink. Enlighten us.
General Zod
Damn right...........
Z***@none.i2p
2020-01-08 04:34:17 UTC
Michelangelo Scarlott wrote on Sun, 22 December 2019 06:39
Post by Will Dockery
Obviously Barfield taught me plenty about art and poetry.
;)
I would say he is the real founder of the Shadowville art movement....
So Dan Barfly founded the Shadowville
art movement that you and Will are members of
In many ways, yes....

Clay Dockery
2019-11-27 04:11:16 UTC
That's a stupid claim. He's a local yokel who never amounted to anything. This is just another pathetic attempt by you two idiots to twist facts to make it seem like Columbus is a cultured city. It is not and never will be.
Will Dockery
2019-11-27 04:38:03 UTC
Post by Clay Dockery
That's a stupid
<snip>

Not as stupid and cowardly as your impersonations, obsesso troll.

;)
Zod The Mighty
2019-12-18 01:31:53 UTC
Post by Me
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Zod The Mighty
Dan Barfield and his influence in art & poetry....
I would say we were all influenced by the great Danny Barfield and his art.....
I am proud to have been a student ............... in the school of hard knocks......
----
"The house sat on a low bluff
at the edge of a tidal creek
and the marsh
that seemed to go on forever.
A covered porch ran
the front of the house
that faced the marsh and the creek,
and an ancient Wisteria vine
climbed the porch
and ran along the top.
Little green lizards
ran in the green shadows
and blew out their orange throats,
and when the flowers
were ripe and full,
and hanging like bunches of grapes
it was noisy
with the buzzing of bees.
There were rocking chairs
and a swing on the porch
and it was a good place
to sit in the evenings
when the air was cool,
or on rainy days."
----
And so it goes.
You dimwit. It’s not a poetry book. It’s a fucking novel.
I read it like a cartoon poem.
Forging troll, I would easily see Dan adapt his novel to comix form....

Comic Art is a legitimate art form...!!
Will Dockery
2019-11-27 06:44:33 UTC
Post by Zod The Mighty
Dan Barfield and his influence in art & poetry....
I would say we were all influenced by the great Danny Barfield and his art.....
I am proud to have been a student ............... in the school of hard knocks......
Excellent, poetic work from Dan's new novel:

----

From Crossing Fences by M.D. Barfield https://www.amazon.com/dp/1701375362/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_HSH3Db474QDHD via @amazon

----

And so it goes.
Z***@none.i2p
2019-11-27 08:04:59 UTC
The Real Will Dockery wrote on Wed, 27 November 2019 06:44
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Zod The Mighty
[...]
Quite outstanding......

Kudos to Danny B.
Me
Will Dockery
2019-11-27 11:08:29 UTC
Post by Me
I wrote:

"Excellent, poetic work from Dan's new novel..."

Look up any words you do not understand.

2019-11-27 11:24:19 UTC
I know you don't mean anything untoward,
but you misrepresent his work. That's not
how his work is presented in his novel. You
can't make his work appear poetic simply by
putting line breaks where they don't belong.
Will Dockery
2019-11-27 11:29:54 UTC
I know you don't mean anything untoward,
but you misrepresent his work. That's not
how his work is presented in his novel. You
can't make his work appear poetic simply by
putting line breaks where they don't belong.
With or without line breaks, Dan's work is poetic.

In my opinion.

2019-11-27 11:32:59 UTC
You are entitled to your opinion. You are not
entitled to misrepresent someone else's work
in the process of representing your opinion.
Will Dockery

I am certain Dan would agree and take my critique as a compliment.
Hieronymous Corey
2019-11-27 11:41:47 UTC
Did you ask Dan if you could change how his text reads before you did it?
Will Dockery
2019-11-27 11:50:29 UTC
Did you ask Dan if you could change how his text reads before you did it?
It was done for example purposes, part of my review.

I know Dan really well, for well over forty years, now... he'll dig it.

2019-11-27 12:02:32 UTC
Then you had better give us credit for it--call it transformative usage. Also include our criticism of his hackneyed prose.
Will Dockery
2019-11-27 20:36:36 UTC
Then you had better give us credit for it
Danny Barfield wrote it, you didn't.

Yes, his writing is quite poetic.....!!
Z***@none.i2p
He is saying the novel is poetic, not that it IS poetry.......
Hieronymous Corey
2019-11-27 11:39:44 UTC
He took the text of the novel, and changed its appearance here.
NancyGene
2019-11-27 11:49:04 UTC
He took the text of the novel, and changed its appearance here.
No, Will stole the format that we posted in "Dan Barfly writes like Will or Will writes like Dan Barfly."
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.arts.poetry.comments/W7z7WEyVO8Q

We arranged the words from the first paragraph of Barfly's book as if they were part of a poem. At least Will could have given us credit for that instead of just copying it as his own.
Hieronymous Corey
2019-11-27 11:51:54 UTC
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
He was trying to illustrate a counterpoint
to your point about the Barfly's poetry.
Will Dockery
2019-11-27 11:59:46 UTC
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
He was trying to illustrate a counterpoint
to your point about the Barfly's poetry.
That Dan's prose is in fact quite poetic.

2019-12-07 01:31:11 UTC
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
He was trying to illustrate a counterpoint
to your point about the Barfly's poetry.
Calling you Pastor Corey is racist in what way....?

You are indeed an odd one, P.C.
Z***@none.i2p
2019-11-27 12:02:21 UTC
NancyGene wrote on Wed, 27 November 2019 11:49
Post by NancyGene
No, Will stole
No, it was never yours to be stolen.... ..

The writing belongs to Barfield......
Z***@none.i2p
2019-11-27 11:52:01 UTC
Hieronymous Corey wrote on Wed, 27 November 2019 11:39
I saw that, he did that to demonstrate how poetic Barfield's prose it...!!
General Zod
I read it like a cartoon poem.
General Zod
Forger troll, you are partly correct, as it WOULD do well as a graphic novel...
Zod The Mighty

General Zod
Quite cogent....!!
Will Dockery
2019-11-27 10:55:43 UTC
I wrote it is a poetic work, "Me".

Look that up.

2019-11-27 22:14:31 UTC
Nancy G. could get an editor credit at the very most....
Will Dockery
2019-11-30 00:47:54 UTC

2019-12-02 05:27:03 UTC
Not hardly...!!
General Zod
2019-11-28 19:01:01 UTC
Outstanding poetry and artistry....!!
Z***@none.i2p
2019-12-06 00:40:45 UTC
Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA)
July 13, 1997
Section: LOCAL
Edition: FIRST
Page: B1
HOW GROSS THY ART
Tim Chitwood
Apparently it was all just a big misunderstanding.
The misunderstanding led to a 911 call about a decomposing body in an
old house M***** S*****'s husband R****** owns at 2113 **th St. in
Columbus. That led to the discovery that it wasn't a body after all,
but artwork made of barbed wire and blowtorched Barbie dolls.
But it sure looked like a body to police. And it looked like a body to
paramedics. And it definitely looked like a body to Danny W****.
Danny is a real estate agent who with M***** went to look at the house
July 2. He wanted to buy it and fix it up. It needs fixing up. The
roof leaks in places and some of the floor's rotting. The S**** now
live on F**** Drive and use the **th Street house for storage.
M*****'s son Will Dockery lets friends -- artists, poets and madmen,
Will says -- store their work there.
Among those artists is Dan Barfield, who has a concept piece called
``Vietnam,'' part of which the veteran made of melted Barbie dolls.
(``He hates Barbies,'' says his wife Judy.) It now lies on the floor
among other stuff stored in the dark, northwest bedroom of the ##th
Street house. To someone who didn't know what it was, it might look
like a rib cage and sternum atop decayed matter.
That's what it looked like to Danny W**** when he walked into that
musty room, first staring up at the rafters. Then he looked down. Then
he froze. Then he ran.
He wasn't sure what he saw. Maybe a body. Maybe it was sealed with
wax, which trapped the odor. Maybe this was a bizarre ritual. Maybe he
didn't want to know.
M***** followed Danny as he dashed outside, where he tried to make a
call on his cell phone. She told him not to. According to her, she
told him he'd just seen some artwork. According to Danny, she never
said that; she just said they didn't need the police coming there.
This did not sound reassuring. Danny had to make that call. Now don't
call the police, M***** said again. She says she also told Danny her
son Will had a bad temper, and he wouldn't like Danny calling the
police.
She says Danny replied that the police wouldn't do anything to her;
she wasn't involved. That's true, she said (she wasn't involved in
storing the art), but the police needn't be bothered.
M***** claims Danny then offered her $13,000 for the house, then said
it needed so much work the most he could give her was $10,000.
Danny maintains all M***** did was tell him no one should call the
police.
The next day, someone called the police.
About 10:30 a.m., police and paramedics rushed to the house, unboarded
a door to get in and examined what they, too, thought was a decaying
body, oddly odorless. Then they poked it and figured out it wasn't. It
was such a weird story, the Ledger-Enquirer ran it on the front page
July 4.
That's how M****** learned police had broken into the house. She was
perturbed. She blamed Danny.
CHITWOOD, B3
Danny won't say he called police, but admits he told someone what he
thought he saw. Stan Swiney of the 911 center says the call reportedly
came from a Billy Hanson. (No Billy Hanson listed in the Columbus
telephone directory was involved; I called.)
The 911 report said someone saw the alleged corpse through a window.
That's difficult: The room's dark; the window's dirty; the art's hard
to see.
The artist, Dan Barfield, says it's funny Danny W**** would be
frightened, because the real estate agent stopped by a few months ago
when Dan was moving art into the house, and this piece was out on the
lawn at the time. The artist claims the agent told him a decayed body
was found in the house once.
Danny says that's outrageous: He has never met Dan Barfield. ``I would
remember that,'' he says.
Danny says he just wanted to buy the house to help clean up the
neighborhood, where he owns other property. ``As far as I'm concerned
now, they couldn't give it to me,'' he says.
Perhaps it will remain the house of scary art, where once people
thought they saw a dead body.
But didn't.
Here is a good clear copy of the article by Tim Chitwood....
Z***@none.i2p
2019-12-22 06:44:02 UTC
Look it up yourself, Pendragon.....

I am not here to answer your questions....
Michelangelo Scarlotti
2019-12-22 07:15:34 UTC
Post by Z***@none.i2p
Look it up yourself, Pendragon.....
I am not here to answer your questions....
Look up "The Shadowvillle[sic] Art Movement"?

You're even more delusional than I'd thought (and I'd thought you were pretty darn delusional)!