Ping Will.....
drive-by
2016-09-11 16:42:39 UTC
Set up a fund for your friend George..post details, I'll donate....
Will Dockery
2016-09-11 19:27:18 UTC
Post by drive-by
Set up a fund for your friend George..post details, I'll donate....
Hello Jimmy, this sounds like a good idea... I'll ask George about it tonight to make sure he's okay with it, I don't want to embarrass him, e's pretty sensitive about the whole situation, which has already cause some delays in getting him assistance.

Thanks, I agree this is a good plan.
drive-by
2016-09-11 20:41:49 UTC
He mentioned having enough money for food to get him through the week.....When I was wiped out by Hurricane Sandy, folks at the AllPoetry site came through...un-asked for but welcomed...I just want to pass that kindness along....
Will Dockery
2016-09-11 20:47:51 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Set up a fund for your friend George... post details, I'll donate....
Hello Jimmy, this sounds like a good idea... I'll ask George about it tonight to make sure he's okay with it, I don't want to embarrass him, e's pretty sensitive about the whole situation, which has already cause some delays in getting him assistance.
Thanks, I agree this is a good plan.
He mentioned having enough money for food to get him through the week.....When I was wiped out by Hurricane Sandy, folks at the AllPoetry site came through...un-asked for but welcomed...I just want to pass that kindness along....
I sure will ask George later today, as I also need to tip him off on hob openings at the new bar/music venue coming to town, The Tavern, run by my old friend Alan Bean. George knows the bartender trade and could also bar back, even serve tables, so this could be his shot at re-entry into the real world.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=111996032592701&set=a.100327890426182.1073741828.100013469130223&type=3&theater

"Take Applications this week Mon -Wed 10am to 3 pm . Tavern Good Times & Great Food coming soon. Share with people you think would be good tomorrow join our team. Ty" -Alan Bean
drive-by
sounds like a plan..please keep me informed..
Will Dockery
I sure will, Jimmy, thanks for the help.
George Sulzbach
2016-09-12 00:26:10 UTC
Thank you for the kind wishes and idea... I would appreciate this, but you or Will would need to set it up for me, I suspect, as my abilities on the internet are obviously very primitive. I will make an attempt to set some thing up, and with Will Dockery helping perhaps it can be online soon.

Thanks again, Jimmy.
drive-by
2016-09-12 02:06:06 UTC
seems to me it's as easy as a post office box where a bit of help could arrive...or possibly a Will gig with proceeds (donations) going to you....flesh it out...
Will Dockery
2016-09-12 09:22:22 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by George Sulzbach
Thank you for the kind wishes and idea... I would appreciate this, but you or Will would need to set it up for me, I suspect, as my abilities on the internet are obviously very primitive. I will make an attempt to set some thing up, and with Will Dockery helping perhaps it can be online soon.
Thanks again, Jimmy.
seems to me it's as easy as a post office box where a bit of help could arrive...or possibly a Will gig with proceeds (donations) going to you....flesh it out...
I talked with George S. last night about this idea, and he seems acceptable to it, so I'm going to see about setting something up for him on the "Go Fund" site. Seems simple enough to set up, from what I've seen of the site.

Thanks for the concern, Jimmy, old George S. is a good guy just running through some bad stretches this year.
drive-by
2016-09-12 11:41:41 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by George Sulzbach
Thank you for the kind wishes and idea... I would appreciate this, but you or Will would need to set it up for me, I suspect, as my abilities on the internet are obviously very primitive. I will make an attempt to set some thing up, and with Will Dockery helping perhaps it can be online soon.
Thanks again, Jimmy.
seems to me it's as easy as a post office box where a bit of help could arrive...or possibly a Will gig with proceeds (donations) going to you....flesh it out...
I talked with George S. last night about this idea, and he seems acceptable to it, so I'm going to see about setting something up for him on the "Go Fund" site. Seems simple enough to set up, from what I've seen of the site.
Thanks for the concern, Jimmy, old George S. is a good guy just running through some bad stretches this year.
Cold weather is around the corner....let's do this support...hopefully others here will throw in .....it might not amount to much...but a meal is a meal....I pledge $50...to get the ball rolling...fill me in with info,

George Sulzbach
2016-09-12 14:09:21 UTC
Thank you Jimmy... I will meet with William this evening and devise a plan. Your offer of help is amazing and generous. I can make those dollars stretch for a bit, and hopefully some real employment will wing my way soon. Or perhaps the VA will have some good news for me this week.
drive-by
2016-09-12 18:06:40 UTC
got to help each other, or the whole thing falls apart.
George Sulzbach
2016-09-12 21:37:20 UTC
Will be getting some info on here soo, thanks for the solidarity...
Will Dockery
2016-09-13 01:36:56 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by George Sulzbach
Thank you Jimmy... I will meet with William this evening and devise a plan. Your offer of help is amazing and generous. I can make those dollars stretch for a bit, and hopefully some real employment will wing my way soon. Or perhaps the VA will have some good news for me this week.
got to help each other, or the whole thing falls apart.
Will be getting some info on here soon, thanks for the solidarity...
I'll be out that way later, George, today has been a massive clusterfuck of errands and chores, everything from a flat tire to an oil change over to taking my 84 year old mother to her doctor appointment to getting her prescriptions filled... and a few fun moments worked in the mix here and there.

:)

Jimmy, a thought... the quickest way to get some assistance to George would actually be using my P.O. Box, which I could deliver whatever care package you sent directly to Sulzbach. If that sounds acceptable, here it is:

Will Dockery
P.O. Box 7394
Columbus GA 31908

Anyone else who wants to write me there, feel free.

:)
drive-by
2016-09-13 02:35:14 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by George Sulzbach
Thank you Jimmy... I will meet with William this evening and devise a plan. Your offer of help is amazing and generous. I can make those dollars stretch for a bit, and hopefully some real employment will wing my way soon. Or perhaps the VA will have some good news for me this week.
got to help each other, or the whole thing falls apart.
Will be getting some info on here soon, thanks for the solidarity...
I'll be out that way later, George, today has been a massive clusterfuck of errands and chores, everything from a flat tire to an oil change over to taking my 84 year old mother to her doctor appointment to getting her prescriptions filled... and a few fun moments worked in the mix here and there.
P.O. Box 7394
Columbus GA 31908
Anyone else who wants to write me there, feel free.
:)
I shall mail off $50 in the morning...cash for instant use....should be there by Wed. Thurs. Give me a shout when you get it .....(easy on the beer George, I'm thinking food...:-)

2016-09-13 02:45:30 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Post by drive-by
Post by George Sulzbach
[...]
Excellent new, Jimmy, and since George will be riding with me and Brother Dave, we'll make sure that we take him directly to a grocery store with perhaps a stop off at a hamburger stand on the way.

No beer!

Coffee, maybe...

:)
drive-by
Done deal. Send what you can fellow poets...Get George on his feet.
Will Dockery
2016-09-13 10:52:39 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Post by drive-by
Post by George Sulzbach
[...]
Mail can get a bit slow coming down this way, but I will begin looking at the mail on Wednesday... and if mailed this morning from New Jersey/New York, realistically won't expect it here until at least Thursday or Friday (I could be wrong, though, which I would actually prefer being).

Thanks again, Jimmy... way above and beyond the call of poetic duty.

George Sulzbach and Will Dockery walking on the edge of town, 2016.
drive-by
2016-09-13 13:34:35 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Post by drive-by
Post by George Sulzbach
[...]
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/pennyspoetry/images/d/dc/Art57.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160911220819
George Sulzbach and Will Dockery walking on the edge of town, 2016.
Fifty heading south..................

Will Dockery
2016-09-12 09:41:10 UTC
Post by George Sulzbach
Thank you for the kind wishes and idea... I would appreciate this, but you or Will would need to set it up for me, I suspect, as my abilities on the internet are obviously very primitive. I will make an attempt to set some thing up, and with Will Dockery helping perhaps it can be online soon.
Thanks again, Jimmy.
Okay George, we can meet up tomorrow night at the coffee shop and I'll help you set something up at the "Go Fund" site.