Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
George Dance
2010-12-21 18:19:34 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman

20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page

19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley

18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson

17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Will Dockery
2010-12-21 19:27:12 UTC
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!

--
Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBhcN1WK144
George Dance
2010-12-21 22:11:41 UTC
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Starshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBhcN1WK144
ggamble
2010-12-21 22:17:55 UTC
Who the fuck asked you?
George Dance
2010-12-21 22:23:56 UTC
Post by ggamble
Who the fuck asked you?
Hey, it's my thread, troll. Go fuck off to your own.
Cythera
2010-12-22 19:55:39 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by ggamble
Who the fuck asked you?
Hey, it's my thread
Well, yours and Dreckery's. Thank you both for allowing educated
people to use it.
George Dance
2010-12-22 20:07:02 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Hey, it's my thread
Thank you
for allowing educated
people to use it.
No problem. If you run into an educated person, feel free to send him
or her over.
Will Dockery
2010-12-24 03:01:22 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by Cythera
Earlier you stated that most of my poetry is based on that of others.
I can only go by what I've *seen* of course, but, yes, most of the
poetry you've posted here has been non-original reworks of other
people's ideas.

I don't have psychic abilities to see what isn't there like you claim
to have, Cythera, so I can only go by what I've seen.
Post by Cythera
Let's see the link.
Sure, here's the link & the actual poem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njes_L9ZDgQ

Corning Town

I'm out walking again,
ignoring the pain.
Living like a poor boy again,
streets and sheets of rain.

In the early twilight,
dewdrops on the glass.
Her lazy hazy sway,
through Midsummer past.

She's still there,
in her underwear.
But my mem'ry and I
can't make contact again.

Where ever you've been or
what you're doing while you're there.
I just can't concern myself,
or pretend I care.

Under a jinx,
black cloud of Charlie Brown.
Sometimes I'm up,
most times I'm back down.

Deep river monkey
anyway you look at it.
Just too concerned,
to let her go.

Looking through a mirror
somewhere in Shadowville.
Pocket full of quarters,
payphone is my thrill.

Knocking the Union,
seen serpents fall.
Out in the distance,
among the croaking frogs.

Deep river monkey,
across the divide.
This is the year,
we shall be blamed.

Fair thee well my butterfly,
I'm bound for Corning Town.
Let me watch your eyes smile,
for a minute or two.

That's not me,
I'm not on YouTube no more.
Some other Touchdown Jesus,
is breaking her heart.

Bon voyage, my Bluebird Girl,
I'll hit the road a while.
Up to Russell County,
with the little red fox.

Mist in the snow,
mist in the snow.
Missed her I know,
on these shaky streets.

I'm out walking again,
ignoring the pain.
Living like a poor boy,
streets and sheets of rain.

In the early twilight,
dewdrops on the glass.
Her lazy hazy sway,
through a sweet summer past.

-Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2010-12-24 09:39:46 UTC
Post by Cythera
"Cythera, from what I've seen, most of the poetry that you've posted
here you've based on Morpheal, Rainshadow, Hearn... me. "
Link to four of those poems total.
No, Cythera, now it's my turn to ask you a couple of questions.

How many poems have you posted here over, say, the last year? Out of
those, how many were original poems not based on poetry by Morpheal,
Rainshadow, Hearn or me?

More than four? Less than four?

Cythera
2010-12-24 11:29:55 UTC
Post by Cythera
"Cythera, from what I've seen, most of the poetry that you've posted
here you've based on Morpheal, Rainshadow, Hearn... me. "
Link to four of those poems total.
No, Cythera, now it's my turn to ask you a couple of questions.
You're too late.
"... I'm saying that most of your poetry is based on the poetry of
others ...."
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/e8239665548d4418?dmode=source
Here's a hanky to wipe the egg off your face.
Will Dockery
2011-02-01 02:01:26 UTC
Post by Cythera
Maybe between you and Dockery
<snip>

You sure seem to have the two of us on your mind a lot, don't you,
Cythera?

--
Music & Poetry of Will Dockery:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery
George Dance
2011-02-01 04:15:31 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by Cythera
Maybe between you and Dockery
<snip>
You sure seem to have the two of us on your mind a lot, don't you,
Cythera?
Maybe it's all those posts she's been making on fellatio lately. You
know how thinking about that gets her thinking of you'n'me.
Post by Cythera
Music & Poetry of Will Dockery:http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery
ggamble
2011-02-01 06:46:36 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Cythera
Post by Cythera
Maybe between you and Dockery
<snip>
You sure seem to have the two of us on your mind a lot, don't you,
Cythera?
Maybe it's all those posts she's been making on fellatio lately. You
know how thinking about that gets her thinking of you'n'me.
You lie to your wife when she asks you what you're doing at the computer,
apparently, no?
Cythera
2011-02-01 07:11:19 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
Post by Cythera
Post by Cythera
Maybe between you and Dockery
<snip>
You sure seem to have the two of us on your mind a lot, don't you,
Cythera?
heh ... I've invented a catchphrase:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/14cd9fee7cde713b?dmode=source
"so sad, so green"
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
Maybe it's all those posts she's been making on fellatio lately.
You know how thinking about that gets her thinking of you'n'me.
Looks like George Dance is still pretending his friend Corey didn't
out him on the child pornography thing.
She probably left years ago.
ggamble
2011-02-01 19:58:00 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Cythera
Post by Cythera
Maybe between you and Dockery
<snip>
You sure seem to have the two of us on your mind a lot, don't you,
Cythera?
Maybe it's all those posts she's been making on fellatio lately. You
know how thinking about that gets her thinking of you'n'me.
I seriously doubt that Cythera has ever thought of you and dockery felating
each other.

What a weird thing to project, mensageorge. You really are a creepy little
man, nice headbob, babe.

ick
ick
ick
George Dance
2011-02-01 21:14:20 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
Post by Cythera
Post by Cythera
Maybe between you and Dockery
<snip>
You sure seem to have the two of us on your mind a lot, don't you,
Cythera?
Maybe it's all those posts she's been making on fellatio lately. You
know how thinking about that gets her thinking of you'n'me.
I seriously doubt that Cythera has ever thought of you and dockery felating
each other.
Well, you're wrong. Witness how she loves it when your mutual
trollfriend ~pjross~ writes about that:

<quote>
Post by ggamble
[~pj~:] You forgot to mention how much you want to suck Dreckery's cock.
But that's OK: you certainly implied it more than adequately.
[cythera:] Oh my god!
This is something I love about your posts </q>
<122b453a-dcb0-465f-af68-***@q40g2000prh.googlegroups.com>
MESSAGE REMOVED; quoted in:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/8996357b1201c67c
Post by ggamble
What a
creepy little
man
You can't mean either of your two best friends, of course. Sounds like
you're thinking about me sucking cocks yourself.
Post by ggamble
nice headbob, babe.
Getting turned on, are you big guy?
ggamble
2011-02-01 21:28:53 UTC
Post by George Dance
Sounds like
you're thinking about me sucking cocks yourself.
You're the one who keeps writing about it, creepy little troll.
You usually sock up or go to the library when you're like this, why the
change?
Post by George Dance
Post by ggamble
nice headbob, babe.
Getting turned on, are you big guy?
< whoosh>

I was just referencing your close personal friend dockery's technique for
attempting to denigrate a female newsgroup participant for rejecting his
awkward and pathetic advances.

You both have quite a history of misogynist fellatio projections aimed at
female posters, I wonder why that is?

it's in the archives, babe.

And, sorry, but no, I'm a confirmed heterosexual and I've been happily
married for decades.
George Dance
2011-02-01 21:38:08 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
you're thinking about me sucking cocks yourself.
You're the one who keeps writing about it
So now you're claiming that these two posts were written ni the
Toronto Public Library, too:

<quote>
Post by ggamble
, creepy little troll.
You usually sock up or go to the library when you're like this, why the
change?
So now you're claiming I went to ~pj~'s home, and not the libary, to
write the above.
I think you mean <goosh>.
ggamble
2011-02-01 21:45:09 UTC
Post by George Dance
So now you're claiming
So now you're claiming
So now you're claiming
At least you've stopped posting about fellatio, and you're back to your
usual silly games.
ggamble
2011-02-01 20:34:56 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
You sure seem to have the two of us on your mind a lot, don't you,
Cythera?
Maybe it's all those posts she's been making on fellatio lately. You
know how thinking about that gets her thinking of you'n'me.
You and your fellow misogynist, dockery discuss this subject in email
frequently, am I right?

You apparently cleared it with dockery before you posted this, no?
Will Dockery
2010-12-24 12:55:45 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Cythera
"Cythera, from what I've seen, most of the poetry that you've posted
here you've based on Morpheal, Rainshadow, Hearn... me. "
Link to four of those poems total.
No, Cythera, now it's my turn to ask you a couple of questions.
You're too late.
No, Cythera, you don't make the rules here, and so this is just
getting started.

I answered your question:

"Cythera, from what I've seen, most of the poetry that you've posted
here you've based on Morpheal, Rainshadow, Hearn... me."

Now, answer my question:

How many poems have you posted here over, say, the last year? Out of
those, how many were original poems not based on poetry by Morpheal,
Rainshadow, Hearn or me?
More than four? Less than four?

After you answer that, then you can ask me another question.

Then, I have another question for you... since you pretend to be a
mind reader you no doubt already think you know what that is, don't
you, Cythera?

Cythera
2010-12-24 18:09:14 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Cythera
"Cythera, from what I've seen, most of the poetry that you've posted
here you've based on Morpheal, Rainshadow, Hearn... me. "
Link to four of those poems total.
No, Cythera, now it's my turn to ask you a couple of questions.
You're too late.
No, Cythera, you don't make the rules here, and so this is just
getting started.
 "Cythera, from what I've seen, most of the poetry that you've posted
here you've based on Morpheal, Rainshadow, Hearn... me."
How many poems have you posted here over, say, the last year? Out of
those, how many were original poems not based on poetry by Morpheal,
Rainshadow, Hearn or me?
More than four? Less than four?
After you answer that, then you can ask me another question.
No, Drunkery. You've painted yourself into a corner. Post whatever you
want. I really don't care what a person who behaves like you have
tells people about me.
you, Cythera?
Will Dockery
2010-12-24 19:53:21 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by Will Dockery
 "Cythera, from what I've seen, most of the poetry that you've posted
here you've based on Morpheal, Rainshadow, Hearn... me."
How many poems have you posted here over, say, the last year? Out of
those, how many were original poems not based on poetry by Morpheal,
Rainshadow, Hearn or me?
More than four? Less than four?
After you answer that, then you can ask me another question.
No,
I didn't think you would, after you understand the direction this was
going in Cythera.
Post by Cythera
Drunkery.
About this recent choice to lower your level to name-callng, Cythera,
I'll remind you of my statements on that from yesterday:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/da8efba54159d9c3
Post by Cythera
Post by Will Dockery
Should I think up some nasty names for you to respond to this new smear
tactic of yours in kind, Cythera?
Aren't you happy with the ones your online friends use?
I'm not really "happy" about any of the name calling, but the fact is
your "friends" began the trend, Cythera.

You've probably forgotten when they called you similar names when you
weren't on their side of the fence. Here's one that's surfaced, which
even includes a rare poem by Barbara's Cat... written to you!

http://www.n-n-a.com/recreational/post-552668.html
Post by Cythera
I really don't care
That's fine, then, Cythera... and since you "don't care", I expect you
won't be continuing to post the smears & misrepresentations about me
that you have been lately, either? Either way, just understand that if
you post them, I'll simply come later and correct them, and also note
that you're spreading them.
Post by Cythera
Post by Will Dockery
Then, I have another question for you... since you pretend to be a
mind reader you no doubt already think you know what that is, don't
you, Cythera?
Hmmm... maybe you did, after all.

Will Dockery
2011-01-01 11:07:17 UTC
Post by Cythera
Don't forget Mr. Lafcadio Hearn's contribution... who used the same idea as
you and Rain Shadow over 100 years ago.
archived.
Well, that fact was archived here a year ago, Cythera:

http://www.freak-search.com/en/thread/1386312/fuji-san_george_dance/10

Lafcadio Hearn had the idea that Fuji looked like a straw hat in
1898.

"They supplied me with a pilgrim-staff, heavy blue tabi (that is to
say, cleft-stockings, to used with sandals), a straw hat shaped like
Fuji, and the rest of a pilgrim's outfit;--telling me to be ready to
start with them at four o'clock in the morning."

http://www.ibiblio.org/eldritch/lh/fuji.html

"...'Nuff said." -Rik Roots

--
Music & poetry by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
Will Dockery
2010-12-31 22:14:38 UTC
Cythera said:

<snip for focus>
So, when you borrow poery from Morpheal, Rainshadow et al, yousometimes
think up your own title for it, Cythera?
Post by Cythera
then say I stole
"Borrow" is a nicer word, don't you think, Cythera? That's what Michael Cook
called it when he did what you did.
Post by Cythera
the poem from rain_shadow
http://www.ibiblio.org/eldritch/lh/fuji.html

Don't forget Mr. Lafcadio Hearn's contribution... who used the same idea as
you and Rain Shadow over 100 years ago.

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Cythera
2010-12-31 22:21:21 UTC
Don't forget Mr. Lafcadio Hearn's contribution... who used the same idea as
you and Rain Shadow over 100 years ago.
She wrote about Mt. Fuji, eh?
Piss off, dockery.
Cythera
2011-01-01 05:08:04 UTC
archived.
Will Dockery
2010-12-22 16:22:34 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
Who the fuck asked you?
Wow, you seem more bitter and angry than ever this morning, Gary...
regretting the 'Nam again?

--
Black Crow's Brother / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxO1RAYTIFA
Cythera
He wrote that yesterday afternoon when you were blacked out.
Peter J Ross
2010-12-22 19:40:39 UTC
Cythera
2010-12-22 18:02:50 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Betty has a stolen hat.
Peter J Ross
2010-12-22 19:52:33 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
Betty has a stolen hat.
now Batty has two hats
neither of them stolen
a red hat that is good
and a stripy hat that's new
but let it not be said
that the red hat is old
or the stripy hat is bad
both are good and in fashion

his striped hat is blue
for Dunce's misery and green
for Dunce's envy and bile
not even I hear Batty speak
but perhaps he says
fuck off Dunce and die
Cythera
2010-12-23 03:32:41 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
lafcadio had a white hat
george told us
[I'd put one on Mt. Fuji
to keep the mountain cool]
george read "hat" in lafcadio
he told us
he stuck one on my poem
what a tool
"it's in the archives"
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 10:57:18 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
<snip for focus>
Post by Cythera
lafcadio had a white hat
Lafcadio Hearn, interestingly, also had a "Cythera" connection.. he
was born there!

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2920285

Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."

And from:

http://tinyurl.com/Hearn-Cythera

"Cythera, the birthplace not only of Aphrodite but of Lafcadio Hearn,
both hovering on the water as insubstantially as puffs of pale blue
smoke..."

References linkig Hearn to Cythera are multiple, in fact:

http://tinyurl.com/2c3qlz5

Interesting coincience, eh?

ggamble
2010-12-23 17:13:11 UTC
Whatever would you do without Google, you ignorant fool?
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 17:39:41 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
ggamble
2010-12-23 17:48:25 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
So, you're trying to claim that you know how to read?
So, you're trying to claim you know something about Greece?
So, you're trying to claim that Kythera is called Cerigo by anyone except
the Italians?
So, you're trying to claim that ancient Sparta is in the Mediterranean?

no wait, you're only quoting your sole source of information.

You're not fooling anyone.
m@tt
2010-12-23 17:58:05 UTC
snip duck shit

look at you: playing right into the hands
of the duck; because you think you're so
fuckin smart.

Yet, here you are...playing.

Go, doggy...fetch the duck bone; shoot at
the duck little duck fucker.

You get what you came for...nothing.

enjoy!
George Dance
2010-12-23 19:07:50 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
Not for any of that, anyway. He's pretending that he knew all of it
already.
ggamble
2010-12-23 19:20:09 UTC
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
Not for any of that, anyway. He's pretending that he knew all of it
already.
Am I really pretending?

I've been all over the Mani, have you?
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:18:19 UTC
Post by ggamble
Am I really pretending?
crickets
not ggamble
2010-12-23 20:24:41 UTC
Post by ggamble
crickets
One can only wish.

What part of Fuck Off did you not understand?
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:33:45 UTC
Post by not ggamble
Post by ggamble
crickets
One can only wish.
What part of Fuck Off did you not understand?
Oh, you're all socked up!

Does that make you happy?
Does it make you feel empowered?
Does it make you feel in control of the situation?
not ggamble
2010-12-23 20:44:04 UTC
Post by ggamble
Oh, you're all socked up!
So are you, troll.
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:49:39 UTC
Post by not ggamble
Post by ggamble
Oh, you're all socked up!
So are you, troll.
So you say.

Do you sometimes get frustrated when the fanciful things you type don't
immediately become reality?

I don't.
not ggamble
2010-12-23 20:23:40 UTC
Post by ggamble
I've been all over the Mani,
Mounfield?
have you?
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:39:54 UTC
Post by not ggamble
Post by ggamble
I've been all over the Mani,
Mounfield?
Post by ggamble
have you?
Since (according to you) I have an IQ in double digits, I had to look up
your cryptic reply only to discover it's another george dance gay lame!

Awesome.

I guess that's what really smart people like george like to do: infer that
other people in the ng are gay.

I say *like to do*, but that would infer that such activity makes george
happy, and we all know that's not the case.
Apparently, he does it because he thinks it demonstrates how intelligent he
is.

Oh, if only we were all as intelligent as george!
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:47:55 UTC
Post by ggamble
Oh, if only we were all as intelligent as george!
if we were, perhaps we could write deep, insightful poetry.

crickets
and then
deeper crickets
when one stands up
and spreads his wings
and looks like a cross
so we don't forget
Armistice Day
which doesn't come when spring
is here and I am with Maureen.
not ggamble
2010-12-23 22:31:31 UTC
Post by ggamble
deep, insightful poetry.
crickets
and then
deeper crickets
when one stands up
and spreads his wings
and looks like a cross
so we don't forget
Armistice Day
which doesn't come when spring
is here and I am with Maureen.
That's at least as deep and insightful as anything else you've written
here in the past 4 years.
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 22:51:11 UTC
Post by not ggamble
Post by ggamble
deep, insightful poetry.
crickets
and then
deeper crickets
when one stands up
and spreads his wings
and looks like a cross
so we don't forget
Armistice Day
which doesn't come when spring
is here and I am with Maureen.
That's at least as deep and insightful as anything else you've written
here in the past 4 years.
"Regrets for Pete the Cricket" by Gary Gamble...

ggamble
2010-12-23 23:20:42 UTC
the Cricket
drunk again, eh?
ggamble
2010-12-23 23:19:50 UTC
Post by not ggamble
deep and insightful
I don't think you're qualified to comment on such things.
George Dance
2011-01-01 23:09:08 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by not ggamble
I've been all over theMani,
Mounfield?
have you?
I had to look up
your cryptic reply
And with that you gave yourself away, forger. ggary ggamble never has
to look anything up. He'll tell you that only illiterates and morons
ever look anything up -- just ask him.

Now fuck off, forger.
ggamble
2011-01-01 23:53:02 UTC
Post by George Dance
ggary ggamble never has
to look anything up. He'll tell you that only illiterates and morons
ever look anything up -- just ask him.
Another new year, another new lie from mensageorge.

see george
see george lie
lie george lie

May mensageorge learn how to read in the new year.

read mensageorge read
c&c
2011-01-02 00:20:09 UTC
Post by ggamble
Another new year, another new lie from mensageorge.
see george
see george lie
lie george lie
May mensageorge learn how to read in the new year.
read mensageorge read
If George is to learn to read with greater comprehension, I'd give
greater consideration to what I put in front of him to make the
process of learning more worth his while, if I were you. The
fundamental role of the teacher is to motivate learning. You've shown
that you can elicit response in kind. You've got monkey see monkey do
down pat. Learn a new trick this year. Be a better teacher. Write
something interesting. Make George want to be a better person. Or
not. I understand you can only do what you can do. I'm sorry, I
really don't mean to expect too much from you. It's just a bad habit
I have.
Will Dockery
2011-01-02 00:47:10 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
ggary ggamble never has
to look anything up. He'll tell you that only illiterates and morons
ever look anything up -- just ask him.
Another new year, another new lie from mensageorge.
see george
see george
All you seem to "see" is George, Gary... do you dream of you two
getting a room, or something?

ggamble
2011-01-02 06:33:27 UTC
All you seem to "see" is George, Gary... do you dream of you two
getting a room, or something?
That's one of the most original gay lames ever.
Congratulations.
c&c
2011-01-02 10:42:18 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
All you seem to "see" is George, Gary... do you dream of you two
getting a room, or something?
That's one of the most original gay lames ever.
Congratulations.
What exactly makes that a gay lame? Be specific. I dream of getting
a room with you, gg. I dream of getting a room with George too, and a
few other people here besides. Does that make me gay, lame,
promiscuous? I dream of having congress with you both; call it
intercourse or interpersonal relations if you like, I don't care.
Fucking either of you never entered my mind. I think you're
interesting people, and that five minutes on the phone, like Shaun and
I shared yesterday, would be time well spent, but of course I've got
plenty of other ways to fill my time, so please don't feel obliged to
waste any of yours on me.

If we're going to fuck around here, we're going to do it right if I
have anything to do with it. Sometimes I do quickies, and sometimes I
can go all night. Either way, satisfaction is always guaranteed or my
name ain't [insert some ho you know].
Will Dockery
2011-01-02 17:51:21 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
All you seem to "see" is George, Gary... do you dream of you two
getting a room, or something?
That's one of the most original gay
No, it was a comment on your obviously growing obsession with George,
Gary.

George Dance
2011-01-02 07:00:21 UTC
Post by ggamble
Another new year, another new lie from mensageorge.
see george
see george
All you seem to "see" is George, Gary... do you dream of you two
getting a room, or something?
What? ~True Poet~ Gary Gamble having sex with one of the *stupid
people*? Maybe if he got to snuff the *stupid person* at the end --
otherwise, I should think not!

I'm sure that, like PJ, he just likes to close his eyes and 'see' me
(or you, or Tom, or Max, or maybe Vera or Dorrie for variety) lying
dead or dying in a ditch. Maybe he'll even think a little poem about
it while his right hand pumps out the beat.
Music & poetry by Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
c&c
2011-01-02 10:20:03 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ggamble
Another new year, another new lie from mensageorge.
see george
see george
All you seem to "see" is George, Gary... do you dream of you two
getting a room, or something?
What? ~True Poet~ Gary Gamble having sex with one of the *stupid
people*? Maybe if he got to snuff the *stupid person* at the end --
otherwise, I should think not!
Sexual congress confuses both teacher and student as to their
respective roles, but most people are smart enough to know when
they've been fucked.
Post by George Dance
I'm sure that, like PJ, he just likes to close his eyes and 'see' me
(or you, or Tom, or Max, or maybe Vera or Dorrie for variety) lying
dead or dying in a ditch. Maybe he'll even think a little poem about
it while his right hand pumps out the beat.
That reads like an odd masturbatory fantasy, but whatever works for
you is fine by me.
ggamble
You're getting increasingly creepy, mensageorge.
George Dance
2011-01-02 18:05:26 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
What? ~True Poet~ Gary Gamble having sex with one of the *stupid
people*? Maybe if he got to snuff the *stupid person* at the end --
otherwise, I should think not!
I'm sure that, like PJ, he just likes to close his eyes and 'see' me
(or you, or Tom, or Max, or maybe Vera or Dorrie for variety) lying
dead or dying in a ditch. Maybe he'll even think a little poem about
it while his right hand pumps out the beat.
"wouldn't it be a great Christmas treat for every decent human being
who participates in
Usenet if both [Dance] and [Dockery] were dead now?” Peter J Ross
<***@pjr.gotdns.org>

https://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/55cdfeaa8c58942c
Post by ggamble
increasingly creepy
Oh, I'd say you guys are just as creepy as ever.
Will Dockery
2011-01-02 18:13:10 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
What? ~True Poet~ Gary Gamble having sex with one of the *stupid
people*? Maybe if he got to snuff the *stupid person* at the end --
otherwise, I should think not!
I'm sure that, like PJ, he just likes to close his eyes and 'see' me
(or you, or Tom, or Max, or maybe Vera or Dorrie for variety) lying
dead or dying in a ditch. Maybe he'll even think a little poem about
it while his right hand pumps out the beat.
"wouldn't it be a great Christmas treat for every decent human being
who participates in
Usenet if both [Dance] and [Dockery] were dead now?” Peter J Ross
Ah, more Death-Fantasies... how charming.
Post by ggamble
increasingly creepy
Oh, I'd say you guys are just as creepy as ever.
"Indeed." -Marg/Pandora

ggamble
2011-01-02 18:30:11 UTC
Post by George Dance
"wouldn't it be a great Christmas treat for every decent human being
who participates in
Usenet if both [Dance] and [Dockery] were dead now?” Peter J Ross
dance's dictum still lives

I could make you responsible for everything chuckles or (insert kook name
here) has ever typed, but that would just be ridiculous.

But, you don't mind appearing ridiculous, apparently, no.
Will Dockery
2011-01-02 18:43:06 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
"wouldn't it be a great Christmas treat for every decent human being
who participates in
Usenet if both [Dance] and [Dockery] were dead now?" -Peter J Ross
I could make you responsible
<snip>

Sure, and whine about it for six months, Gary?

ggamble
2011-01-02 19:11:15 UTC
whine about it for six months
Cythera
2011-01-02 19:55:30 UTC
burnout
When is your next pretend truce?
Will Dockery
2011-01-02 22:06:46 UTC
Post by Cythera
When is your next pretend truce?
Do you really want one, Cythera?

c&c
2011-01-02 22:14:53 UTC
Is the last one over already? I didn't get the memo.
Will Dockery
2011-01-02 19:26:07 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ggamble
Another new year, another new lie from mensageorge.
see george
see george
All you seem to "see" is George, Gary... do you dream of you two
getting a room, or something?
What? ~True Poet~ Gary Gamble having sex with one of the *stupid
people*? Maybe if he got to snuff the *stupid person* at the end --
otherwise, I should think not!
I'm sure that, like PJ, he just likes to close his eyes and 'see' me
(or you, or Tom, or Max, or maybe Vera or Dorrie for variety) lying
dead or dying in a ditch. Maybe he'll even think a little poem about
it while his right hand pumps out the beat.
George Dance
2011-01-02 19:31:33 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by George Dance
"wouldn't it be a great Christmas treat for every decent human being
who participates in
Usenet if both [Dance] and [Dockery] were dead now?” -Peter J Ross
Of course not. Instead, he went for the same trick that Gwyneth used
(to protect both GG and PJ) in the Somer Thompson affair: attacking me
for writing about it.
Music & poetry of Will Dockery:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
Will Dockery
2011-01-02 22:54:32 UTC
Post by George Dance
"wouldn't it be a great Christmas treat for every decent human being
who participates in
Usenet if both [Dance] and [Dockery] were dead now?” -Peter J Ross
Of course not. Instead, he went for the same trick that Gwyneth used
(to protect both GG and PJ) in the Somer Thompson affair: attacking me
for writing about it.>
This discussion has come up twice today, so I thought I'd have a look
at the archives on "Somer Thompson" + "Peter J. Ross".

This seems like it may be PJR's original post on the subject, or was
there another, or others?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/265a86fa4ddd4bec?dmode=source

Excerpt from PJR's grisly death-fantasy:

"I was in Hooters at the time of the sexy hot 7-year-old babe's death,
even though I knew it was wrong, officer."

Which led to the convoluted thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/browse_thread/thread/7509d5a4604d5005/51a15b89668608aa?lnk=raot

Here it shows that, although Gary Gamble deleted his post, he was in
fact indulging in the fantasies, as well:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/c3f0edd0d165945f?dmode=source

From: "Kadaitcha Man" <***@no.email>
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.kooks,rec.arts.poems
Subject: Re: Chuck Lysaght of Jacksonville FL is cool.
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 22:38:11 -1200

Peter J Ross, ye freakish crook-back, fit to govern, No, not to live,
ye
Post by George Dance
In rec.arts.poems on Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:41:17 GMT, ggamble
"...Just how the hell do you, without even a second thought, get a
troll out of
the brutal death of a 7-year-old child, you pair of completely sick
cunts?"

And so on, and on.

c&c
2011-01-02 23:06:12 UTC
http://www.answers.com/topic/kill-the-buddha
Will Dockery
2011-01-03 02:44:57 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by George Dance
"wouldn't it be a great Christmas treat for every decent human being
who participates in
Usenet if both [Dance] and [Dockery] were dead now?” -Peter J Ross
Of course not. Instead, he went for the same trick that Gwyneth used
(to protect both GG and PJ) in the Somer Thompson affair: attacking me
for writing about it.>
This discussion has come up twice today, so I thought I'd have a look
at the archives on "Somer Thompson" + "Peter J. Ross".
This seems like it may be PJR's original post on the subject, or was
there another, or others?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/265a86fa4ddd4bec?dmode=source
"I was in Hooters at the time of the sexy hot 7-year-old babe's death,
even though I knew it was wrong, officer."
Which led to the convoluted thread exposing the bizarre fantasies of PJR & gg.
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.kooks,rec.arts.poems
c&c
2011-01-03 10:40:05 UTC
Post by c&c
http://www.answers.com/topic/kill-the-buddha
Truthfully, I don't know what "it" is any more than yu do. Only Peter
knows what he means, and maybe he isn't even sure. Maybe he's just
trying to express something he feels in the most non-threatening way
he can think. Or maybe he really is a homicidal maniac. I'll
probably never know for sure unless I read about him in the news. All
I can ever do is my best to understand what anyone means by what they
say or write, and try to express my own thoughts clearly, succinctly,
and with intent to engage.
Peter J Ross
2011-01-04 17:55:20 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 2 Jan 2011 11:26:07 -0800 (PST),
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Post by George Dance
"wouldn't it be a great Christmas treat for every decent human being
who participates in
Usenet if both [Dance] and [Dockery] were dead now?” -Peter J Ross
^^^
Why are you incapable of quoting even a simple Message-ID correctly?

Violent?

It wasn't a fantasy either, but let's concentrate on the simple stuff
first.
Cythera
Talk about projecting.
c&c
2011-01-03 00:59:01 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ggamble
Another new year, another new lie from mensageorge.
see george
see george
All you seem to "see" is George, Gary... do you dream of you two
getting a room, or something?
What? ~True Poet~ Gary Gamble having sex with one of the *stupid
people*? Maybe if he got to snuff the *stupid person* at the end --
otherwise, I should think not!
I'm sure that, like PJ, he just likes to close his eyes and 'see' me
(or you, or Tom, or Max, or maybe Vera or Dorrie for variety) lying
dead or dying in a ditch. Maybe he'll even think a little poem about
it while his right hand pumps out the beat.
Talk about projecting.- Hide quoted text -
Talk about redundant.
m@tt
Talk about talking.
c&c
2011-01-03 01:20:12 UTC
Post by c&c
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ggamble
Another new year, another new lie from mensageorge.
see george
see george
All you seem to "see" is George, Gary... do you dream of you two
getting a room, or something?
What? ~True Poet~ Gary Gamble having sex with one of the *stupid
people*? Maybe if he got to snuff the *stupid person* at the end --
otherwise, I should think not!
I'm sure that, like PJ, he just likes to close his eyes and 'see' me
(or you, or Tom, or Max, or maybe Vera or Dorrie for variety) lying
dead or dying in a ditch. Maybe he'll even think a little poem about
it while his right hand pumps out the beat.
Talk about projecting.- Hide quoted text -
Talk about redundant.
Talk about talking.- Hide quoted text -
Talking is projecting. To talk about projecting is redundant. I feel
like we've done this before.
Will Dockery
2011-01-03 02:09:09 UTC
Post by ***@tt
Post by c&c
Post by Cythera
Talk about projecting.
Talk about redundant.
Talk about talking.
"Talk about the passion." -Michael Stipe

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/122327/
Peter J Ross
2011-01-04 17:49:57 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 1 Jan 2011 23:53:02 GMT, ggamble
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
ggary ggamble never has
to look anything up. He'll tell you that only illiterates and morons
ever look anything up -- just ask him.
Another new year, another new lie from mensageorge.
see george
see george lie
lie george lie
May mensageorge learn how to read in the new year.
read mensageorge read
What, no attribution to Spot The Dog?

I predict a hurricane of fake indignation. After all, you "stole" from
a book they might have read.

Happy New Year, gg.

I'd wish Dunce and his friends an unhappy New Year, but that would be
like wishing for the sun to rise daily.
George Dance
2011-01-04 18:07:13 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 1 Jan 2011 23:53:02 GMT, ggamble
Post by ggamble
see george
see george lie
lie george lie
What, no attribution to Spot The Dog?
I predict a hurricane of fake indignation. After all, you "stole"
What else is new? GGoofy stole from *that* book back when he wrote
"Pete the Dog":

"Pete the Dog
is gone
from the street."
- ~Gary Gamble~
Post by Peter J Ross
Happy New Year, gg.
I'd wish Dunce and his friends an unhappy New Year
But since you already wished they'd all died, that would be a bit
silly.
Will Dockery
2011-01-04 20:58:29 UTC
Peter J Ross wrote:

<snip for focus>
Post by Peter J Ross
Why are you incapable of quoting even a simple Message-ID correctly?
Here, the link to the post works better, anyhow:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/c3f0edd0d165945f?dmode=source
Post by Peter J Ross
Violent?
It wasn't a fantasy either
Hmmm... is that a confession of some sort, then, PJR?

--
"Shadowville Speedway" CD on Artemis Records:
http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockeryconley.html
George Dance
2011-01-07 01:14:42 UTC
<snip for focus>
Post by Peter J Ross
Why are you incapable of quoting even a simple Message-ID correctly?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/c3f0edd0d165945f?...
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message ID's,
for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's. Because there are
such things as urls and hyptertext links on the Web, message ID's
aren't needed here.

The only reason there was a message ID attached to the quote I gave
was because I copy/pasted it from elsewhere on the Web.
Violent?
It wasn't a fantasy
PJ thinks it really happened? I wonder how he thinks I died.
70*7
2011-01-07 01:49:01 UTC
Bang. You're dead.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2011-01-07 02:41:09 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
<snip for focus>
Post by Peter J Ross
Why are you incapable of quoting even a simple Message-ID
correctly?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/c3f0edd0d165945f?.
..
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message ID's,
for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.

It's amazing how stupid people can be...
George Dance
2011-01-07 03:01:41 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
<snip for focus>
Post by Peter J Ross
Why are you incapable of quoting even a simple Message-ID
correctly?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/c3f0edd0d165945f
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message ID's,
for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Agreed.
70*7
2011-01-07 08:58:06 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
<snip for focus>
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
It's amazing how stupid people can be...
Agreed.- Hide quoted text -
Trust me, nobody but me is stupid enough to not know what you two were
just talking about. I'm the guy if you want to know something you
just have tell me no and I'll know it. It's the curse I live with.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2011-01-07 11:04:26 UTC
Post by George Dance
innews:d8268e3c-b011-41d2-b7d
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
<snip for focus>
Post by Peter J Ross
Why are you incapable of quoting even a simple Message-ID correctly?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/c3f0edd0d165945
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message
ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work. But you skipped the part about email addresses.
How do you find out if it's a forgery, froggery or legit without it?
Glad I could point out your deficiencies.
70*7
2011-01-07 11:34:05 UTC
Next, please.
Peter J Ross
2011-01-09 14:46:12 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:04:26 +0000 (UTC),
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by George Dance
innews:d8268e3c-b011-41d2-b7d
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
<snip for focus>
Post by Peter J Ross
Why are you incapable of quoting even a simple Message-ID correctly?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/c3f0edd0d165945
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message
ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work.
One day, Dunce may learn the difference between NNTP (which is what
you and I do) and HTTP (which is what provides him with a few vague
glimpses of what you and I do).

Basically, Dunce, a link to some crappy Web archive is not the same as
a link to the original article as it appeared on Usenet.

Btw, Dunce, the resemblance between "Cujo" and "Cuckoo" isn't as close
as the resemblance between "Dance" and "Dunce", and neither is it as
obviously meaningful and appropriate, so don't expect your nickname
for Mr DeSockpuppet to catch on.

<...>
George Dance
2011-01-09 16:54:12 UTC
Post by George Dance
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message
ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work.
One day, Dunce may learn the difference between NNTP (which is what
you and I do) and HTTP
That'll be real handy if the Web turns out to be a fad that's gone in
a week, won't it?
Post by Peter J Ross
Basically, Dunce, a link to some crappy Web archive is not the same as
a link to the original article as it appeared on Usenet.
Reality adjustment, PJ: when you search by Message-ID, you still only
get a copy of the message from a "crappy Web archive."
Post by Peter J Ross
Btw, Dunce, the resemblance between "Cujo" and "Cuckoo" isn't as close
as the resemblance between "Dance" and "Dunce", and neither is it as
obviously meaningful and appropriate
IOW: you think you coined "Dunce" and you're very very proud of it.
Post by Peter J Ross
so don't expect your nickname
for Mr DeSockpuppet to catch on.
"Mr. DeSockpuppet"? The last time I heard from "Mr. DeSockpuppet," it
was claiming to be a lesbian.
Meat Plow
2011-01-09 17:57:06 UTC
Post by George Dance
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message
ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work.
One day, Dunce may learn the difference between NNTP (which is what you
and I do) and HTTP
That'll be real handy if the Web turns out to be a fad that's gone in a
week, won't it?
LOL! So one day soon the demarcation between HTTP and NNTP will vanish
and GG will assimilate NNTP? I suppose email too? Next time think about
your reply before hitting the send button.
Barbara's Cat
2011-01-09 19:47:08 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by George Dance
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by George Dance
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by George Dance
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message
ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work.
One day, Dunce may learn the difference between NNTP (which is what
you and I do) and HTTP (which is what provides him with a few vague
glimpses of what you and I do).
That'll be real handy if the Web turns out to be a fad that's gone in
a week, won't it?
LOL! So one day soon the demarcation between HTTP and NNTP will vanish
and GG will assimilate NNTP? I suppose email too? Next time think about
your reply before hitting the send button.
It is well documented that when Goober Dance hits Send
he customarily follows up his leaps into Usenet crying
his battle cry "OH MY GOD! This parachute won't open!"
--
Cm~

"That's not exactly how it 'seemed' to me."
- Goober Dance encountering truth
George Dance
2011-01-09 20:15:02 UTC
Post by George Dance
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message
ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work.
One day, Dunce may learn the difference between NNTP (which is what you
and I do) and HTTP
That'll be real handy if the Web turns out to be a fad that's gone in a
week, won't it?
LOL! So one day soon the demarcation between HTTP and NNTP will vanish
One day you'll be able to read and post to Usenet using HTML, and
"NNTP" will no longer be of any use. One day in March, 1995, to be
precise.
Barbara's Cat
2011-01-09 20:25:04 UTC
Post by George Dance
One day you'll be able to read and post to Usenet using HTML, and
"NNTP" will no longer be of any use. One day in March, 1995, to be
precise.
I had some doubt, but you removed it.
You truly are as stupid as you sound.
Cm~
70*7
2011-01-09 21:44:14 UTC
Post by Barbara's Cat
Post by George Dance
One day you'll be able to read and post to Usenet using HTML, and
"NNTP" will no longer be of any use. One day in March, 1995, to be
precise.
I had some doubt, but you removed it.
You truly are as stupid as you sound.
--
Cm~
If all you want is stupid, I can give you all the stupid you can
handle, and then some. I promise. I'm simply the stupidest person
you would ever want to meet. I swear to God.
Meat Plow
2011-01-09 21:02:50 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by George Dance
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates
Message ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail
addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web
has things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work.
One day, Dunce may learn the difference between NNTP (which is what
you and I do) and HTTP
That'll be real handy if the Web turns out to be a fad that's gone in
a week, won't it?
LOL! So one day soon the demarcation between HTTP and NNTP will vanish
One day you'll be able to read and post to Usenet using HTML, and "NNTP"
will no longer be of any use. One day in March, 1995, to be precise.
You need to know what the NNTP acronym means George. I'll clue you in
here since you are in need of an education.

Google Groups came along AFTER Usenet. Google acquired DejaNews Usenet
archives and went a step further creating GG. They also set up a
networking structure peering to Usenet transport so GG posts would
propagate as Usenet posts. Still these are two entirely different
entities.

So you have Usenet using the NNTP protocol. Established circa 1981. Along
comes GG circa 2000 to give people who do not use an NNTP client/provider
a way to post to Usenet using HTML.

Now do you see the difference and why what you posted was so silly?
70*7
2011-01-09 22:11:43 UTC
Black Eyed Peas are not silly. It's just part of the tradition.
Meat Plow
2011-01-10 00:33:31 UTC
Post by 70*7
Post by Meat Plow
Now do you see the difference and why what you posted was so silly?
Black Eyed Peas are not silly. It's just part of the tradition.
Reason for the non sequitur? If it's humor I ain't seeing it.
70*7
2011-01-10 00:56:01 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Meat Plow
Now do you see the difference and why what you posted was so silly?
Black Eyed Peas are not silly.  It's just part of the tradition.
Reason for the non sequitur? If it's humor I ain't seeing it.
It's not a non sequitor actually. It's a demonstration of sorts,
showing associations relative to your comment.

The Black Eyed Peas are a musical group that will be playing the
halftime show at the Super Bowl this year, a football tradition.
Black eyed peas are a traditional food as well. Please excuse that I
cut and pasted the following from wiki to save time, and I'd
appreciate anything you can do for Jimmy Wales and all his hard work.

Eating black-eyed peas on New Year's Day is thought to bring
prosperity.

The "good luck" traditions of eating black-eyed peas at Rosh Hashana,
the Jewish New Year, are recorded in the Babylonian Talmud (compiled
~500 CE), Horayot 12A: "Abaye [d. 339 CE] said, now that you have
established that good-luck symbols avail, you should make it a habit
to see qara (bottle gourd), rubiya (black-eyed peas, Arabic lubiya),
kartei (leeks), silka (either beets or spinach), and tamrei (dates) on
your table on the New Year." However, the custom may have resulted
from an early mistranslation of the Aramaic word rubiya (fenugreek).
[4]

A parallel text in Kritot 5B states that one should eat these symbols
of good luck. The accepted custom (Shulhan Aruh Orah Hayim 583:1, 16th
century, the standard code of Jewish law and practice) is to eat the
symbols. This custom is followed by Sephardi and Israeli Jews to this
day.

In the United States, the first Sephardi Jews arrived in Georgia in
the 1730s, and have lived there continuously since. The Jewish
practice was apparently adopted by non-Jews around the time of the
American Civil War.

In the Southern United States,[5] the peas are typically cooked with a
pork product for flavoring (such as bacon, ham bones, fatback, or hog
jowl), diced onion, and served with a hot chili sauce or a pepper-
flavored vinegar.

The traditional meal also features collard, turnip, or mustard greens,
and ham. The peas, since they swell when cooked, symbolize prosperity;
the greens symbolize money; the pork, because pigs root forward when
foraging, represents positive motion.[6] Cornbread also often
accompanies this meal.

Another suggested origin of the tradition dates back to the Civil War,
when Union troops, especially in areas targeted by General William
Tecumseh Sherman, typically stripped the countryside of all stored
food, crops, and livestock, and destroyed whatever they could not
carry away. At that time, Northerners considered "field peas" and
field corn suitable only for animal fodder, and did not steal or
destroy these humble foods.[7]
70*7
2011-01-10 01:07:13 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Meat Plow
[...]
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I don't know or care how many of you got that, or this, because I am
about to delete them from Google, and they'll be gone as far as I'm
concerned. No, I am not proud of myself. I am, however, very proud
of that which enabled me to do this for you, if you understand my
meaning. That's all I have to say. This is Goodnight.
70*7
2011-01-10 01:09:09 UTC
Post by 70*7
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Meat Plow
[...]
meaning.  That's all I have to say.  This is Goodnight.- Hide quoted text -
By deleting them, I mean only from a.a.p.c. It's too much trouble to
go everywhere else you bozos take me.
Meat Plow
2011-01-10 01:19:55 UTC
Post by 70*7
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Meat Plow
[...]
I've got a local copy if you need it for future reference.

HTH
Meat Plow
George Dance
2011-01-10 05:15:31 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Meat Plow
Post by George Dance
will no longer be of any use. One day in March, 1995, to be precise.
You need to know what the NNTP acronym means George.
I know what it means, Meaty. Do you?
I'll clue you in
here since you are in need of an education.
Funny how you can't say, then, isn't it?
Google Groups came along AFTER Usenet.
Well, duh!
Google acquired
DejaNews Usenet archives
and search engines, posting interface, etc.,
and went a step further creating GG. They also set up a
networking structure peering to Usenet transport so GG
posts would propagate as Usenet posts.
Still these are two entirely different
entities.
So you have Usenet using the NNTP protocol. Established > circa 1981.
More like 1985 or 1986.
Along comes GG circa 2000 to give people who do not use an NNTP client/provider a way to post to Usenet using HTML.
Actually Deja had 'way to post to Usenet using HTML' earlier, possibly
as far back as March, 1995. Even earlier, AOL users could post to
usenet (though I don't know under what protocol) back in 1993.
Now do you see the difference and why what you posted was so silly?
If you think it's 'silly' to say you can post to and read usenet using
the Web, why did you just say it yourself? <quote>Along comes GG circa
2000 to give people who do not use an NNTP client/provider a way to
post to Usenet using HTML.</q>
Will Dockery
2011-01-10 03:06:57 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by George Dance
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by George Dance
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message
ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work.
One day, Dunce may learn the difference between NNTP (which is what you
and I do) and HTTP
That'll be real handy if the Web turns out to be a fad that's gone in a
week, won't it?
LOL! So one day soon the demarcation between HTTP and NNTP will vanish
One day you'll be able to read and post to Usenet using HTML, and
"NNTP" will no longer be of any use. One day in March, 1995, to be
precise.
Well, it isn't any secret that Usenet is in decline, as this
interesting post discusses:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.comics.dc.universe/msg/57b2046598325cf6?hl=en

Newsgroups: alt.battlestar-galactica, news.groups,
rec.arts.comics.dc.universe, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.tv
From: "KalElFan" <***@yanospamhoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:28:16 -0500
Subject: META+ The Root Cause of Usenet's Decline

So there I was thinking about what to title this thread and where to
post it, eh? Later in the thread I'll post the draft title I had
prior to
the one I've settled on: "META+ The Root Cause of Usenet's Decline".
For now I'll just offer up my #1 answer du jour:

"The vast, vast majority of discussion board participants
will not be interested in a pitch that says "here's a bucket
and a strainer, now filter the cesspool yourself."

It's often called "signal to noise" but that doesn't really properly
convey the "worst of the worst" Usenet content that can scroll
across a user's screen. Well run servers may have automatic
filters for binaries and spam, but some of what gets through
can still be vile stuff that would quite arguably be actionable
or illegal, or violate hate speech laws in Canada and other
jurisdictions for example. The average person just doesn't
want to get near it.

There are other problems too, but those are either moot
points or symptoms, more than they are the root causes.
For example "very few know about Usenet, especially not in
recent years" is a fair statement. But promoting something
with a cesspool barrier and then a big signal to noise problem
is largely a waste of time. Relatively few who tried it would
suffer it.

So why have some of us been here for fifteen or more years?
Basically because we've become immune to the stench. We
ignore it or filter it, or if it annoys us enough we flame it but
mainly it becomes an ugly piece of the furniture.

Because we can get over the cesspool barrier, we get to the
several benefits or selling points that Usenet otherwise would
have for many people out there. The better posters can be
quite knowledgeable. There's a good core base of longtimers
who haven't all died off yet. I think it has the web forums beat
in terms of their clunky interfaces, vs. a good nntp newsreader.
Windows Live Mail, easily accesible and free for download last
I looked, works fine for the average user. There are all kinds of
groups on every topic you can think of that can be searched on
a newsgroup list.

Another big benefit is the existing Usenet infrastructure and
the "passive conduit" that it represents. It allows the main
or underlying foundation to be unmoderated. That's the
traditional version of Usenet that many of its existing users
value, and new users would like the ability to "turn off the
moderator" whenever they'd like too! So that can be a big
selling point as well, because too much moderation on the
web boards and in some groups can be a problem.

That underlying foundation is a great platform to build an
optional filtering system on, one that inherently encourages
self-moderation because the worst of the worst posters or
posts will know they won't get by those optional filters.
Those posters or posts will tend to go to the unmoderated
version directly, saving any moderation work at all. The
moderated process can also provide a hi-mod and lo-mod
version, and other tools so users who choose moderation
can tailor it to their preferences.

So the root cause can be addressed, but it would require a
Plan and lots of volunteers to assist with developing and
implementing it. Group by group, it would require not just
one but a team of moderators. Pick a topic though, any tv
show for example with a reasonable online base, and you
could probably find literally dozens and probably 100+
volunteer moderators of that topic across the web on the
various boards. It's fragmented, but it illustrates the large
potential pool if Usenet can be restored as "The" place for
worldwide discussion of a topic.

Even the Cylons had a Plan, right? And they didn't need
volunteers they just made them. :-) Usenet, it needs a
Plan and it needs lots of different volunteers to carry it
out. It needs a bunch of Ones (admins), Twos (techies)
Threes (programmers), Fours (moderators), Fives (PR folk),
a Six [this space reserved for Tricia Helfer :-)] a really
massive number of Sevens (nameless, faceless cyber-
entities called Users), and an Eight [this space reserved
for Grace Park :-)].

--
WILL DOCKERY & FRIENDS - Little Homeless Clown - A movie by
Falke58.wmv:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjapDXc96no
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2011-01-09 18:09:39 UTC
@s4g2000yql.googlegroups.com
Post by George Dance
Post by George Dance
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message
ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work.
One day, Dunce may learn the difference between NNTP (which is what
you and I do) and HTTP
That'll be real handy if the Web turns out to be a fad that's gone in
a week, won't it?
Attempted topic drift noted and ridiculed.
Post by George Dance
Post by Peter J Ross
Basically, Dunce, a link to some crappy Web archive is not the same
as a link to the original article as it appeared on Usenet.
Reality adjustment, PJ: when you search by Message-ID, you still only
get a copy of the message from a "crappy Web archive."
Wrong again, dumbass. There are other archives.
Post by George Dance
Post by Peter J Ross
Btw, Dunce, the resemblance between "Cujo" and "Cuckoo" isn't as
close as the resemblance between "Dance" and "Dunce", and neither is
it as obviously meaningful and appropriate
IOW: you think you coined "Dunce" and you're very very proud of it.
Wrong again, dipshit. Attempted topic drift noted and ridiculed again.
Post by George Dance
Post by Peter J Ross
so don't expect your nickname
for Mr DeSockpuppet to catch on.
"Mr. DeSockpuppet"? The last time I heard from "Mr. DeSockpuppet," it
was claiming to be a lesbian.
I am. So what's your point oither than finally getting *something* right
for once?

PS: YHBT. HTH, HAND. GJIAGV,YCFCN.
George Dance
And that's why your BFF's call you "Mr. DeSockpuppet," is it?
70*7
2011-01-09 19:36:11 UTC
I am. So what's your point other than finally getting *something* right
for once?
No point whatever, ma'am. I am glad to know you though, finally, and
have been reading you for years, so if I had a point to make that
would be it. I know, small point, right.
Will Dockery
2011-01-07 14:32:51 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by George Dance
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
<snip for focus>
Post by Peter J Ross
Why are you incapable of quoting even a simple Message-ID correctly?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/c3f0edd0d165945f
PJ's had that explained to him before. Google truncates Message
ID's, for the same reason that it truncates e-mail addy's.
You can still get them off Google, Dunce.
Why would anyone want to, Cuckoo? As I just explained, the Web has
things called 'hypertext links' one can use instead.
Which don't always work. But you skipped the part about email addresses.
How do you find out if it's a forgery, froggery or legit without it?
Just hit the link:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/bcafcbc3c8b8760c?hl=en

And from there hit "Show Original":

Where all the details on that post will be shown:

From: "Will Dockery" <***@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:
alt.arts.poetry.comments,rec.arts.fine,rec.arts.poems,rec.music.folk,alabama.general
Subject: 15th Annual Doo-Nanny
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:01:31 -0500

15th Annual Doo-Nanny
Friday, March 25 at 5:00pm - March 27 at 5:00pm

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=620409362#!/event.php?eid=169390046416175

Location The Museum of Wonder
41 Poorhouse Road
Seale, Alabama

HTH & HAND, Cujo.

Will Dockery
2010-12-23 22:08:31 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
Not for any of that, anyway. He's pretending that he knew all of it already.
Well, gg may want to pretend to know it all, but hose types always
stumble evntually, such as..

Wonder if Cythera will pretend she *didn't* know what a connection she
has to Lafcadio Hearn, naming herself afer his mother's home and his
birthplace, not to mention what led me to learning about him in the
first place, her obvious borrowing of his ideas:

http://www.freak-search.com/en/thread/1386312/fuji-san_george_dance/3

ggamble
2010-12-23 23:18:42 UTC
What would you do without google?
Cythera
2010-12-23 23:21:46 UTC
Wonder if Cythera will pretend she *didn't* know what a connection she
has to Lafcadio Hearn, naming herself afer his mother's home and his
birthplace, not to mention what led me to learning about him in the
first place,
Name two of those ideas and show, don't tell, that I have ever read
anything by Hearn.
We know your online friend George has:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/2e9237dbb737d6ba?dmode=source
He had to babble it out in an effort to prove *I'd* read that quote.
<snip>
Barbara's Cat
2010-12-24 04:01:01 UTC
Well, gg may want to pretend to know it all, but hose types always
stumble evntually, such as..
Dockery + mouth + foot = Goober

Math never lies.
--
Cm~

"I win."
- Goober Dockery
getting nowhere,
gaining nothing,
again.
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 18:25:22 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
So, you're trying to claim
Post by Will Dockery
lafcadio had a white hat
Lafcadio Hearn, interestingly, also had a "Cythera" connection.. he
was born there!
http://www.jstor.org/pss/2920285
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
http://tinyurl.com/Hearn-Cythera
"Cythera, the birthplace not only of Aphrodite but of Lafcadio Hearn,
both hovering on the water as insubstantially as puffs of pale blue
smoke..."
http://tinyurl.com/2c3qlz5
Interesting coincience, eh?
--
Music & poetry by Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
ggamble

Awesome.
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 23:35:53 UTC
Cythera said
Post by Cythera
Wonder if Cythera will pretend she *didn't* know what a connection she
has to Lafcadio Hearn, naming herself afer his mother's home and his
birthplace, not to mention what led me to learning about him in the
first place,
Name two of those ideas and show, don't tell
And the you will be doing likewise for once in your silly tenure on Usenet,
Cythera?

Remember, I'm not a mind reader like you so often claim to be.
Post by Cythera
Post by Will Dockery
lafcadio had a white hat
Lafcadio Hearn, interestingly, also had a "Cythera" connection.. he
was born there!
http://www.jstor.org/pss/2920285
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
http://tinyurl.com/Hearn-Cythera
"Cythera, the birthplace not only of Aphrodite but of Lafcadio Hearn,
both hovering on the water as insubstantially as puffs of pale blue
smoke..."
http://tinyurl.com/2c3qlz5
Interesting coincience, eh?
--
?"Christmas comes only once a year
why can't anybody shed just one tear
http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery
Cythera
2010-12-24 00:49:50 UTC
Cythera said
Post by Cythera
Wonder if Cythera will pretend she *didn't* know what a connection she
has to Lafcadio Hearn, naming herself afer his mother's home and his
birthplace, not to mention what led me to learning about him in the
first place,
Name two of those ideas and show, don't tell
And the you will be doing likewise for once in your silly tenure on Usenet,
Cythera?
In other words, you will not back up your claim that I've borrowed
multiple ideas from Lafcadio Hearn.
And no, you won't show I've read him.
Post by Will Dockery
Remember, I'm not a mind reader
Earlier you stated that most of my poetry is based on that of others.
Names and titles, please.
Remember to show, not tell, that your list comprises most of my
poetry.
2010-12-31 23:09:39 UTC
Post by Cythera
Don't forget Mr. Lafcadio Hearn's contribution... who used the same idea
as
you and Rain Shadow over 100 years ago.
Athough you probably deleted it from Google Groups, Cythera, the thread
where you borrowed and rewrote Rain Shadow's poem is still in other Usenet
archives:

http://www.freak-search.com/en/thread/1386046/are_there_women_poets_here/12

In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:40:59 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
obpoem: ( verbal watercolor )
after so much rain
snow capped desert mountains
and first daffodils
On Jan 26, 8:540am, Cythera <***@my-deja.com> wrote:

The sounds are dull.
The images are dull.
The meaning is absent.

It implies that the snow is the result of the rain.
"snow capped" doesn't even make the attempt to be original.

so much snow
fuji-yama
white-sugar hat

Which is when you mixed some ofRain Shadow's ides with the much earier ones
of Lafcadio Hearn:

http://www.nntpnews.info/f185/fuji-san-george-dance-14302332/index5.html
Post by Cythera
Lafcadio Hearn had the idea that Fuji looked like a straw hat in
1898.
"They supplied me with a pilgrim-staff, heavy blue tabi (that is to
say, cleft-stockings, to used with sandals), a straw hat shaped
like
Fuji, and the rest of a pilgrim's outfit;--telling me to be ready
start with them at four o'clock in the morning."
Piss off, dockery.
You first, Cythera.

Cythera
2011-01-01 01:38:35 UTC
Post by Cythera
Don't forget Mr. Lafcadio Hearn's contribution... who used the same idea
as you and Rain Shadow over 100 years ago.
Repeat: She wrote about Mt. Fuji, dockery?
*crickets*
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/a3cbcee0b90491bc
2010-12-23 16:36:02 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:32:41 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by Peter J Ross
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
I think yours is funnier than mine.
Cythera
2010-12-31 10:29:29 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by Peter J Ross
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
georgie has a list
surrogate fist
it hurts his head
just georgie's head
c&c
2010-12-31 11:02:54 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by Peter J Ross
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
just georgie's head- Hide quoted text -
think instead
fist to head
statuesque

art and tinker
rodin thinker
arabesque
m@tt
2010-12-31 11:07:53 UTC
Post by c&c
Post by Cythera
Post by Peter J Ross
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
albuquerque
why so quirky
fist in ass
free at last.

left a stinker
made me thinker
ass was grass
(puff)
free at last.
c&c
2010-12-31 13:05:28 UTC
Post by ***@tt
Post by c&c
Post by Cythera
Post by Peter J Ross
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
free at last.- Hide quoted text -
"(puff)(puff)?" Pass.
To run on grass
suggests to me a
sensimilla.

Since I sense a scent, I see a
sentence sent, and bent to be a
written word's intent, a mea
culpa sculpted scent - Who, me? Duh.
ggamble
2010-12-31 17:43:00 UTC
Post by Cythera
georgie has a list
surrogate fist
it hurts his head
just georgie's head
HOLY FUCK, SHE DIDN'T GIVE CREDIT TO THE CREATOR OF THE ORIGINAL POEM!

Cue months of crocodile tears from pizza delivery people with internet
connections.

Chime in here, mensageorge.
Cythera
2010-12-31 19:18:21 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Cythera
georgie has a list
surrogate fist
it hurts his head
just georgie's head
HOLY FUCK, SHE DIDN'T GIVE CREDIT TO THE CREATOR OF THE ORIGINAL POEM!
It's based on a poem by Peter J. Ross.
Chime in here, mensageorge.
ggamble
2010-12-31 19:26:54 UTC
Too late, they'll pretend they never saw the subsequent attribution.

Happy New Year.
Cythera
2010-12-31 21:23:02 UTC
Post by ggamble
Too late, they'll pretend they never saw the subsequent attribution.
Happy New Year.
Maybe dreckery can give the poem a precious title like he did here:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/72bfafc12a5c3ee5?hl=en
and here:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/a19454e3fd236d93?hl=enHbfafc12a5c3ee5
then sign my name to it, thusly:
https://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/0fac8a3fed666eac?hl=en&
and george can do one of his investigations, like this one:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/7aa7391729a9a4a8?
then say I stole the poem from rain_shadow, and stick it on his
'blog.'
Happy New Year.
George Dance
2010-12-31 18:25:42 UTC
Post by Cythera
georgie has a list
Oh, indeed:

Betty's 14 Days of Christmas + 1

A holiday poem a day for your reading pleasure
on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-31 :

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/

31 - The Darkling Thrush - Thomas Hardy
Post by Cythera
30 - Old Christmas - Mary Howitt
29 - Minstrels - William Wordsworth
28 - Mistletoe - Walter de la Mare
Post by George Dance
27 - The Oxen - Thomas Hardy
Post by George Dance
26 - Christmas Bells - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Post by George Dance
25 - When Mary the Mother kissed the Child - Charles G.D. Roberts
Post by George Dance
24 - O Holy Night - Placide Cappeau / J.S. Dwight
Post by George Dance
23 - Ceremonies for Christmas - Robert Herrick
Post by George Dance
22 - Christmas Cheer - Thomas Tusser
George Dance
2010-12-31 18:28:47 UTC
misery and
envy and bile
fuck off Dunce and die
Have a Happy New Year, PJ-troll.

Post by Peter J Ross
30 - Old Christmas - Mary Howitt
29 - Minstrels - William Wordsworth
28 - Mistletoe - Walter de la Mare
Post by George Dance
27 - The Oxen - Thomas Hardy
George Dance
2011-01-31 16:03:51 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
now Batty has two hats
neither of them stolen
a red hat that is good
and a stripy hat that's new
but let it not be said
that the red hat is old
or the stripy hat is bad
both are good and in fashion
his striped hat is blue
for Dunce's misery and green
for Dunce's envy and bile
not even I hear Batty speak
but perhaps he says
fuck off Dunce and die
PJ:

I'm writing to ask you for permission to print both this and your
earlier poem 'Batty' together on my blog, The Betty Blog, during
April. I will be happy to add a litte comment saying that the first
one is the inspiration for four lines of Betty (or Betty's Hat).

Since you've told me that I've previously requested one of your poems,
that you'd written under another name, I assume you're familiar with
the terms.
Cythera
2011-02-01 01:55:39 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Peter J Ross
[...]
Maybe between you and Dockery, you can work it out that Peter didn't
write either of them. Then you can change a few words
and just take them.
Am I right?
apparently, you're entitled
George Dance
2011-02-01 04:12:10 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Peter J Ross
[...]
Or maybe I can just write my own poem about someone who has a hat, and
~pj~ (and you) can pretend he wrote it. And then I can write another
one putting the hat on a mountain, and you (and ~pj~) can pretend you
wrote that one. I could see both of those happening.
Post by Cythera
Am I right?
apparently, you're entitled
Will Dockery
2011-02-01 04:17:32 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Cythera
Then you can change a few words
and just take them.
And call it Transformative?
Post by George Dance
Or maybe I can just write my own poem about someone who has a hat, and
~pj~ (and you) can pretend he wrote it. And then I can write another
one putting the hat on a mountain, and you (and ~pj~) can pretend you
wrote that one. I could see both of those happening.
Transformative!

adamlynn
2011-02-01 04:27:14 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Peter J Ross
[...]
Post by Cythera
Am I right?
apparently, you're entitled- Hide quoted text -
a mountain
in a hat
picture that

rain
in a shroud
that floats proud
Cythera
2011-02-01 06:47:50 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Peter J Ross
[...]
... I can write another one
<snip>
You imitate
and impersonate.
I see now why your BFF Dockery claims my haiku came from rain_shadow
and Lafcadio Hearn.
"Hell, if we get rid of 'Batty', we can cut PJ out of the credits,
too, and put you in. (Of course we have to change 'his' to 'her' in
the
last line."
-- Will Dockery to George Dance, 11-24-2009
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/f26ead5548993d4e
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/f26ead5548993d4e?dmode=source
On Feb 1, 1:47 am, Cythera <***@my-deja.com> wrote:

<snip fo focus>
Post by Cythera
"Hell, if we get rid of 'Batty', we can cut PJ out of the credits,
too, and put you in. (Of course we have to change 'his' to 'her' in
the last line."
-- Will Dockery to George Dance, 11-24-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6u6GNe6Kk

No, I didn't write that, Cythera, George Dance did... you're confused,
as usual.

--
Truck Stop Woman / Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6u6GNe6Kk
Will Dockery

Will Dockery
2011-02-01 20:19:50 UTC
Post by Cythera
<snip>
have a lot of practice lying
So, was the post below one of your practice lies or an honest mistake,
Cythera?
Cythera
2011-02-02 00:03:50 UTC
Post by Cythera
<snip>
have a lot of practice lying
So, was the post below one of your practice lies or an honest mistake,
Cythera?
Is "practice lies" the secret term you use for the racist George
Dance's impersonation posts?
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Cythera
Post by Cythera
"Hell, if we get rid of 'Batty', we can cut PJ out of the credits,
too, and put you in. (Of course we have to change 'his' to 'her' in
the last line."
-- Will Dockery to George Dance, 11-24-2009
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/f26ead5548993d4e?dm...
No, I didn't write that, Cythera, George Dance did... <snip>
I see you're correct: your BFF thought up the plan to "cut PJ out of
the credits;" you went along with the plan.
That's a shame: so much for your professed belief in "credit where
due."
Assuming that you want a correction:
"Hell, if we get rid of 'Batty', we can cut PJ out of the credits,
too, and put you in. (Of course we have to change 'his' to 'her' in
the last line."
-- George Dance to Will Dockery 11-24-2009
"That sounds like an interesting & intelligent idea to me..."
-- Will Dockery to George Dance, 11-24-2009
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/f26ead5548993d4e?dm
Post by Cythera
All things considered, I guess you can't expect people to tell you
apart from George Dance.
It's becoming increasingly more difficult.

Apparently, they discuss their techniques in email.
Cythera
2011-02-02 00:27:00 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Cythera
All things considered, I guess you can't expect people to tell you
apart from George Dance.
It's becoming increasingly more difficult.
Apparently, they discuss their techniques in email.
Dockery wrote George Dance:
"Decima, aim your rod to screen ...."

George Dance
2011-02-01 12:20:40 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Peter J Ross
[...]
<unsnip>
Or maybe I can just write my own poem about someone who has a hat,
and
~pj~ (and you) can pretend he wrote it. And then I can write another
one putting the hat on a mountain, and you (and ~pj~) can pretend you
wrote that one. I could see both of those happening.
</us>
Post by Cythera
You imitate
and impersonate.
You don't have a problem with either one of those.
Post by Cythera
I see now why your BFF Dockery claims my haiku came from rain_shadow
If the mountain, snow and hat in my poem came from your poem, then the
ones in yours came from rain_shadow's. Since, by ~cythera~logic, the
mountain, snow, and hat in my poem were all stolen from yours, then,
by ~cythera~logic, yours were all stolen from rain_shadow.
Post by Cythera
and Lafcadio Hearn.
You claimed the central metaphor in my poem was stolen from you,
because you'd had the idea before I did. So by ~cythera~logic, you
stole it from Lafcadio, because he had the idea before you did.

Will has just been showing you how absurd ~cytheralogic~ is, and how
even ~cythera~ doesn't even practice it herself.
Post by Cythera
"Hell, if we get rid of 'Batty', we can cut PJ out of the credits,
too, and put you in.
You should let the readers know what poem is being discussed:

<quote>
Post by Cythera
Post by Cythera
Betty (Dance Mix)
Betty's hat is a good hat.
It's a Red wool hat.
It isn't Almond or Antique Brass
or Apricot or Aquamarine
or Asparagus or Atomic Tangerine
or Banana Mania or Beaver
or Bittersweet or Black
or Blizzard Blue or Blue
or Blue Bell or Blue Gray
or Blue Green or Blue Violet
or Blush or Brick Red
or Brown or Burnt Orange
or Burnt Sienna or Cadet Blue
or Canary or Caribbean Green
or Carnation Pink or Cerise
or Cerulean or Chestnut
or Copper or Cornflower
or Cotton Candy or Dandelion
or Denim or Desert Sand
or Eggplant or Electric Lime
or Fern or Forest Green
or Fuchsia or Fuzzy Wuzzy
or Gold or Goldenrod
or Granny Smith Apple or Gray
or Green or Green Blue
or Green Yellow or Hot Magenta
or Inchworm or Indigo
or Jazzberry Jam or Jungle Green
or Laser Lemon or Lavender
or Lemon Yellow or Macaroni and Cheese
or Magenta or Magic Mint
or Mahogany or Maize
or Manatee or Mango Tango
or Maroon or Mauvelous
or Melon or Midnight Blue
or Mountain Meadow or Mulberry
or Navy Blue or Neon Carrot
or Olive Green or Orange
or Orange Red or Orange Yellow
or Orchid or Outer Space
or Outrageous Orange or Pacific Blue
or Peach or Periwinkle
or Piggy Pink or Pine Green
or Pink Flamingo or Pink Sherbert
or Plum or Purple Heart
or Purple Mountain's Majesty or Purple Pizzazz
or Radical Red or Raw Sienna
or Raw Umber or Razzle Dazzle Rose
or Razzmatazz or Yellow Orange
or Red Orange or Red Violet
or Robin's Egg Blue or Royal Purple
or Salmon or Scarlet
or Screamin' Green or Sea Green
or Sepia or Shadow
or Shamrock or Shocking Pink
or Silver or Sky Blue
or Spring Green or Sunglow
or Sunset Orange or Tan
or Teal Blue or Thistle
or Tickle Me Pink or Timberwolf
or Tropical Rain Forest or Tumbleweed
or Turquoise Blue or Unmellow Yellow
or Violet (Purple) or Violet Blue
or Violet Red or Vivid Tangerine
or Vivid Violet or White
or Wild Blue Yonder or Wild Strawberry
or Wild Watermelon or Wisteria
or Yellow or Yellow Green
but just a hat that's Red.
It warms her ears, just Betty's ears.
by ray heinrich, George Dance & Will Dockery
</q>

With the 'Batty' name removed, what did ~pj~ contribute?
Post by Cythera
the
last line."
-- Will Dockery to George Dance, 11-24-2009
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/f26ead5548993d4ehttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/f26ead5548993d4e?dm...
On Feb 1, 4:20 am, George Dance <***@yahoo.ca> wrote:
<snip>
Although you have a lot of practice lying, what sane person would
believe you.
And good luck explaining to your neighbors what might happen to you if
a hate crime against a black person is committed in your
area.
Will Dockery
2011-02-01 09:59:05 UTC
Cythera said:

<snip for focus>
Post by Cythera
Then you can change a few words
and just take them.
Am I right?
You seem to think so when someone else, say, Houstman when he
"remixed" Alacrity Stone's poetry, or yourself when you did likewise
with Robert Morpheal's poetry, so why the double-standard hypocrisy
when George Dance does the same thing?

Besides the concept of "Transformative Use" makes it all okay, as you
know:

http://www.centerforsocialmedia.org/fair-use/related-materials/codes/code-best-practices-fair-use-poetry

NEW WORKS “REMIXED” FROM OTHER MATERIAL: ALLUSION, PASTICHE, CENTOS,
ERASURE, USE OF “FOUND” MATERIAL, POETRY-GENERATING SOFTWARE

allusion or pastiche and has long been an important part of poetic
practice. In general, it takes existing poetry (or literary prose) as
its point of reference. In some cases, however, the stuff of poetic
remix may come from other sources, including (but not limited to)
advertising copy and ephemeral journalism. Members of the poetry
community also recognize that technology has extended the range of
techniques by which language from a range of sources may be
reprocessed as new creative work.

PRINCIPLE: Under fair use, a poet may make use of quotations from
existing poetry, literary prose, and non-literary material, if these
quotations are re-presented in poetic forms that add value through
significant imaginative or intellectual transformation, whether direct
or (as in the case of poetry-generating software) indirect.

LIMITATIONS:

Mere exploitation of existing copyrighted material, including uses
that are solely “decorative” or “entertaining,” should be avoided.

Likewise, the mere application of computer technology does not, in
itself, render quotation or re-use of an existing poem fair.

If recognizable in the final product, quotations should be brief in
relation to their sources, unless there is an articulable rationale
for more extensive quotation.

The poet should provide attribution in a conventionally appropriate
form unless it would be truly impractical or artistically
inappropriate to do so.

Will Dockery
2011-02-01 20:06:26 UTC
Post by ggamble
I seriously doubt that Cythera has ever thought of you and dockery
Yet Cythera writes about one or both of us in every post she makes, so
you might be mistaken, Gary.

Barbara's Cat
2011-02-01 20:18:30 UTC
Cythera writes about one or both of us
in every post she makes
Much like you and the other goober write
about her in every post you two make, eh?
--
Cm~

"I win."
- Goober Dockery
getting nowhere,
gaining nothing,
again.
ggamble
2011-02-01 20:25:45 UTC
Post by ggamble
I seriously doubt that Cythera has ever thought of you and dockery
felating each other.
Yet Cythera writes about one or both of us in every post she makes, so
you might be mistaken, Gary.
We've been through this before, idiot: *every post she makes* or *every
post she makes which you've read*?

Since you apparently, no, feel that it's perfectly all right for mensageorge
to make vicious racial posts, how do you feel about him making posts
regarding the two of you felating each other?

I guess anything goes as long as your freaky little friend posts it, am I
right?

What did mensageorge do to acquire this carte blanche to post anything he
likes without any repercussions?
Will Dockery
2010-12-24 01:11:25 UTC
Post by Cythera
Earlier you stated that most of my poetry is based on that of others.
Most of it that I've seen, yes.

For example your poems "Fawn Greyhound" & "Cornhole Town" based on mine:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/ed9016d31de6b7c2

Will Dockery's "Fawn Greyhound" (parody by Cythera)
Post by Cythera
Fawn greyhound ---
your magic oven
Kenner Easy Bake
The shimmering minutes
til cookies are ready
making your acquaintance
under the shade tree
Coming to your smile
greeted at the door
welcomed with my green shoes in your mouth.
Fawn greyhound ---
sweet golden cookies
some with blue sprinkles
fresh from the oven
swim in your darkened food bowl.
Fawn greyhound ---
greeted at the door
there by your door-flap
Glad-eyed lady
of the lowland
wild running child.
Fawn greyhound
to lie repeatedly in your smile
sweet glow of your presence
did you like your biscuits?
Based on a poem by Will Dockery
HTH & HAN holiday, Cyhera!
ggamble
2010-12-24 01:46:29 UTC
apparently, no.
Cythera
2010-12-24 02:01:56 UTC
Post by Cythera
Earlier you stated that most of my poetry is based on that of others.
Most of it that I've seen, yes.
You said most of it.
Let the backpedaling continue:
<snip>
Let's see the link.
Cythera
2010-12-24 02:10:03 UTC
Post by Cythera
Earlier you stated that most of my poetry is based on that of others.
Most of it that I've seen, yes.
And more: you stated that most of my poetry is based on that of
others.
Post by Will Dockery
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/ed9016d31...
Will Dockery's "Fawn Greyhound" (parody by Cythera)
So you've read *most* of my poetry, and it's one poem, which is based
on "Fawn Greyhound"?

2010-12-24 04:21:40 UTC
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/ed9016d31...
Will Dockery's "Fawn Greyhound" (parody by Cythera)
So you've read *most* of my poetry, and it's one poem, which is based on "Fawn Greyhound"?
That's an example. Do you deny the years you've similarly rewritten
Morpheal?

Post by Will Dockery
[...]
HTH & HAN holiday, Cythera!
Cythera
2010-12-24 05:45:21 UTC
"Cornhole Town"
Second time: let's see your link.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/ed9016d31...
Will Dockery's "Fawn Greyhound" (parody by Cythera)
So you've read *most* of my poetry, and it's one poem, which is based on "Fawn Greyhound"?
That's an example.
That's all you've got?
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/a311e5e70888fcca?dmode=source
"Cythera, from what I've seen, most of the poetry that you've posted
here you've based on Morpheal, Rainshadow, Hearn... me. "
Link to four of those poems total.
Any configuration you like.
Anything that you yourself copy/paste(d) doesn't apply.
Last chance for you to save face, dockery.
2010-12-24 13:32:00 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
And since most of those listed ggamble don't even write poetry any more...
Try to
Hasn't written a poem in years, alleged to have written some recent
haiku.
No poetry on these newsgroups for at least a year.
No new poetry on these newsgroups in years.
Again, no poetry on these newsgroups in over a year.
PJR is one f the few prolific poets on Gamble's list, having posted
two or three poems over the last year.
Never posted a poem on these newsgroups.
Once prolific, Karla hasn't posted a poem on the newsgroups formonts.
At least four poems posted on the newsgroups over the last year.
One or two poems posted over the last year, nothing posted for months,
though.
No poetry posted on the newsgroups for over a year.
Post by Cythera
It's in the archives.
Yes, it is certainly is.
HTH & HAN holiday, Cythera.

Will Dockery
2010-12-23 03:54:23 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

Cythera
2010-12-23 09:55:31 UTC
Post by George Dance
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
And since most of those listed ggamble don't even write poetry any
more...
Try to have your mumbles make sense.

<snip>
George Dance

George Dance

Will Dockery
2010-12-25 23:53:36 UTC
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
23 - Ceremonies for Christmas - Robert Herrick> 22 - Christmas Cheer - Thomas Tusser
Post by George Dance
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Great series...

George Dance
2010-12-26 17:11:37 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

Post by George Dance
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Great series...
Thanks, Will. I enjoy reading and finding these poems, and I think
others will enjoy them, too. That's the whole point here; to get poems
to readers. It's a good day to remind everyone that TBB is not just
shutting down Christmas the day after, but that we'll be running
Christmas poems till the 30th (followed by two New Year's poems).

I updated Betty's list, above, so that it's current as of this
morning, as this will be the only post I'll send to aapc about the
series today.
Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Starshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBhcN1WK144
Will Dockery
2010-12-26 23:10:48 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Post by George Dance
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Great series...
Thanks, Will. I enjoy reading and finding these poems, and I think
others will enjoy them, too. That's the whole point here; to get poems
to readers. It's a good day to remind everyone that TBB is not just
shutting down Christmas the day after, but that we'll be running
Christmas poems till the 30th (followed by two New Year's poems).
I updated Betty's list, above, so that it's current as of this
morning, as this will be the only post I'll send to aapc about the series today.
Yes, the bittersweet holiday standards... at his Christmas party at
Woolfolk Mansion last night, flautist Geno played for us one of the
tapes of the performances we did last year with other local singer-
songwriters of X-mas standards, at an old folks home, the Rivercenter
For Performing Arts, Idle-Hour Park, and on, including my cover of
"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". I didn't know any tapes
existed of those shows, but maybe next year we can release some of
that, or at least mine as a single, cover art something like this:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7446924&l=6586d6e695&id=620409362

Anyway, proably it won't happen because of copyrights and so on, as I
asume "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" isn't a public domain
tune. Perhaps someday I'll write my own holiday tune...
Will Dockery
2011-02-01 20:44:34 UTC
Post by ggamble
We've been through this before
And we'll no doubt go through it again: When someone posts lies and/or
misrepresentations about me here, I'll be here to correct the lies and
set the record straight.

But you probably already know that, having been through this before.

--
Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars

ggamble
2011-02-01 21:02:10 UTC
When someone posts lies and/or
misrepresentations about me here, I'll be here to correct the lies and
set the record straight.
Lies and misrepresentations?

Let's see, in this thread, you lied when you said that every post Cythera
makes is about you and/or george.

That's a deliberate lie.

What other lies and misrepresentations are you babbling about?

If you don't like your best friend, mensageorge, posting his felatio
fantasies about you, maybe you should have a word with him about it, in
email, of course, as you know, as the archives show, as has been
demonstrated, apparently, no?
Hieronymous Corey
2011-02-01 22:25:46 UTC
felatio fantasies
Imagine a bris like a kiss on the cheek.
A proud mushroom clouded head 'hears', so to speak,
each mention of tension along shaft and vein.
You just have to laugh, or it drives you insane.

The threat that a net has on Yahoos, you see,
contains the remains of a Google times three,
which means, as you've seen by this smooth interjection,
great cause for applause, a la Allah's erection!
adamlynn
Felatio was one of Gepetto's other puppets.
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 17:12:37 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Post by George Dance
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Again, nice collection, man... I need to get the link out to my more
"General Audience" friends...

George Dance
2010-12-23 21:36:38 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Post by George Dance
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Again, nice collection, man... I need to get the link out to my more
"General Audience" friends...
Thanks. I'd appreciate that; as always I'd like to get as many readers
as I can. And I think I've got some really good works in the hopper
for Christmas Eve and Day, and Boxing Day, I'd like readers to catch
those.

Tell you what: I know you're on Betty's announcement list on facebook.
I'll send out a general announcement from there within the hour, and
message you there that I've done so. If you can "Share" that message
with your (probably hundreds of) friends over there, that would be
most excellent.
Music & poetry by Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
ggamble
2010-12-23 21:53:14 UTC
You should try it sometime.
not ggamble
2010-12-23 22:17:30 UTC
Post by ggamble
You should try it sometime.
Changing the subject header? All righty, then ...
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 23:00:32 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Post by George Dance
[...]
Great, going over there to have a look, now...

--
Post by George Dance
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
George Dance
2010-12-24 16:31:12 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day for your reading pleasure
from The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

George Dance

George Dance

George Dance
2010-12-29 14:42:04 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day for your reading pleasure
on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

Minstrels - William Wordsworth
28 - Mistletoe - Walter de la Mare
Post by George Dance
27 - The Oxen - Thomas Hardy
George Dance
2010-12-30 18:14:15 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day for your reading pleasure
on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

Old Christmas - Mary Howitt
Post by George Dance