Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
George Dance
2010-12-21 18:19:34 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman

20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page

19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley

18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson

17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Will Dockery
2010-12-21 19:27:12 UTC
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!

--
Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBhcN1WK144
George Dance
2010-12-21 22:11:41 UTC
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Starshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBhcN1WK144
ggamble
2010-12-21 22:17:55 UTC
Who the fuck asked you?
George Dance
2010-12-21 22:23:56 UTC
Post by ggamble
Who the fuck asked you?
Hey, it's my thread, troll. Go fuck off to your own.
Cythera
2010-12-22 19:55:39 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by ggamble
Who the fuck asked you?
Hey, it's my thread
Well, yours and Dreckery's. Thank you both for allowing educated
people to use it.
George Dance
2010-12-22 20:07:02 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Hey, it's my thread
Thank you
for allowing educated
people to use it.
No problem. If you run into an educated person, feel free to send him
or her over.
Will Dockery
2010-12-22 16:22:34 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
Who the fuck asked you?
Wow, you seem more bitter and angry than ever this morning, Gary...
regretting the 'Nam again?

--
Black Crow's Brother / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxO1RAYTIFA
Cythera
He wrote that yesterday afternoon when you were blacked out.
Peter J Ross
2010-12-22 19:40:39 UTC
Cythera
2010-12-22 18:02:50 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Betty has a stolen hat.
Peter J Ross
2010-12-22 19:52:33 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
Betty has a stolen hat.
now Batty has two hats
neither of them stolen
a red hat that is good
and a stripy hat that's new
but let it not be said
that the red hat is old
or the stripy hat is bad
both are good and in fashion

his striped hat is blue
for Dunce's misery and green
for Dunce's envy and bile
not even I hear Batty speak
but perhaps he says
fuck off Dunce and die
Cythera
2010-12-23 03:32:41 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
lafcadio had a white hat
george told us
[I'd put one on Mt. Fuji
to keep the mountain cool]
george read "hat" in lafcadio
he told us
he stuck one on my poem
what a tool
"it's in the archives"
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 10:57:18 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
<snip for focus>
Post by Cythera
lafcadio had a white hat
Lafcadio Hearn, interestingly, also had a "Cythera" connection.. he
was born there!

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2920285

Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."

And from:

http://tinyurl.com/Hearn-Cythera

"Cythera, the birthplace not only of Aphrodite but of Lafcadio Hearn,
both hovering on the water as insubstantially as puffs of pale blue
smoke..."

References linkig Hearn to Cythera are multiple, in fact:

http://tinyurl.com/2c3qlz5

Interesting coincience, eh?

ggamble
2010-12-23 17:13:11 UTC
Whatever would you do without Google, you ignorant fool?
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 17:39:41 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
lafcadio had a white hat
Lafcadio Hearn, interestingly, also had a "Cythera" connection.. he
was born there!
http://www.jstor.org/pss/2920285
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
http://tinyurl.com/Hearn-Cythera
"Cythera, the birthplace not only of Aphrodite but of Lafcadio Hearn,
both hovering on the water as insubstantially as puffs of pale blue
smoke..."
http://tinyurl.com/2c3qlz5
Interesting coincience, eh?
--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery & friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
ggamble
2010-12-23 17:48:25 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
So, you're trying to claim that you know how to read?
So, you're trying to claim you know something about Greece?
So, you're trying to claim that Kythera is called Cerigo by anyone except
the Italians?
So, you're trying to claim that ancient Sparta is in the Mediterranean?

no wait, you're only quoting your sole source of information.

You're not fooling anyone.
m@tt
2010-12-23 17:58:05 UTC
snip duck shit

look at you: playing right into the hands
of the duck; because you think you're so
fuckin smart.

Yet, here you are...playing.

Go, doggy...fetch the duck bone; shoot at
the duck little duck fucker.

You get what you came for...nothing.

enjoy!
George Dance
2010-12-23 19:07:50 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
Not for any of that, anyway. He's pretending that he knew all of it
already.
ggamble
2010-12-23 19:20:09 UTC
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
Not for any of that, anyway. He's pretending that he knew all of it
already.
Am I really pretending?

I've been all over the Mani, have you?
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:18:19 UTC
Post by ggamble
Am I really pretending?
crickets
not ggamble
2010-12-23 20:24:41 UTC
Post by ggamble
crickets
One can only wish.

What part of Fuck Off did you not understand?
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:33:45 UTC
Post by not ggamble
Post by ggamble
crickets
One can only wish.
What part of Fuck Off did you not understand?
Oh, you're all socked up!

Does that make you happy?
Does it make you feel empowered?
Does it make you feel in control of the situation?
not ggamble
2010-12-23 20:44:04 UTC
Post by ggamble
Oh, you're all socked up!
So are you, troll.
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:49:39 UTC
Post by not ggamble
Post by ggamble
Oh, you're all socked up!
So are you, troll.
So you say.

Do you sometimes get frustrated when the fanciful things you type don't
immediately become reality?

I don't.
not ggamble
2010-12-23 20:23:40 UTC
Post by ggamble
I've been all over the Mani,
Mounfield?
have you?
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:39:54 UTC
Post by not ggamble
Post by ggamble
I've been all over the Mani,
Mounfield?
Post by ggamble
have you?
Since (according to you) I have an IQ in double digits, I had to look up
your cryptic reply only to discover it's another george dance gay lame!

Awesome.

I guess that's what really smart people like george like to do: infer that
other people in the ng are gay.

I say *like to do*, but that would infer that such activity makes george
happy, and we all know that's not the case.
Apparently, he does it because he thinks it demonstrates how intelligent he
is.

Oh, if only we were all as intelligent as george!
ggamble
2010-12-23 20:47:55 UTC
Post by ggamble
Oh, if only we were all as intelligent as george!
if we were, perhaps we could write deep, insightful poetry.

crickets
and then
deeper crickets
when one stands up
and spreads his wings
and looks like a cross
so we don't forget
Armistice Day
which doesn't come when spring
is here and I am with Maureen.
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 22:08:31 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
Not for any of that, anyway. He's pretending that he knew all of it already.
Well, gg may want to pretend to know it all, but hose types always
stumble evntually, such as..

Wonder if Cythera will pretend she *didn't* know what a connection she
has to Lafcadio Hearn, naming herself afer his mother's home and his
birthplace, not to mention what led me to learning about him in the
first place, her obvious borrowing of his ideas:

http://www.freak-search.com/en/thread/1386312/fuji-san_george_dance/3

"Lafcadio Hearn had the idea that Fuji looked like a straw hat in
1898...":

"They supplied me with a pilgrim-staff, heavy blue tabi (that is to
say, cleft-stockings, to used with sandals), a straw hat shaped like
Fuji, and the rest of a pilgrim's outfit;--telling me to be ready to
start with them at four o'clock in the morning."

http://www.ibiblio.org/eldritch/lh/fuji.html
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 18:25:22 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
Whatever would you do without Google
So you're trying to claim you don't use Google, gg?
So, you're trying to claim
Post by Will Dockery
lafcadio had a white hat
Lafcadio Hearn, interestingly, also had a "Cythera" connection.. he
was born there!
http://www.jstor.org/pss/2920285
Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."
http://tinyurl.com/Hearn-Cythera
"Cythera, the birthplace not only of Aphrodite but of Lafcadio Hearn,
both hovering on the water as insubstantially as puffs of pale blue
smoke..."
http://tinyurl.com/2c3qlz5
Interesting coincience, eh?
--
Music & poetry by Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
ggamble

Awesome.
Peter J Ross
2010-12-23 16:36:02 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:32:41 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by Peter J Ross
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
I think yours is funnier than mine.
2010-12-23 03:54:23 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
And since most of those listed ggamble don't even write poetry any
more...

Cythera
2010-12-23 09:55:31 UTC
Post by George Dance
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
And since most of those listed ggamble don't even write poetry any
more...
Try to have your mumbles make sense.

<snip>
George Dance
2010-12-22 15:20:33 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

22 - Christmas Cheer - Thomas Tusser
George Dance
2010-12-23 16:38:00 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

23 - Ceremonies for Christmas - Robert Herrick
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 17:12:37 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Post by George Dance
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Again, nice collection, man... I need to get the link out to my more
"General Audience" friends...

George Dance
2010-12-23 21:36:38 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Post by George Dance
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Again, nice collection, man... I need to get the link out to my more
"General Audience" friends...
Thanks. I'd appreciate that; as always I'd like to get as many readers
as I can. And I think I've got some really good works in the hopper
for Christmas Eve and Day, and Boxing Day, I'd like readers to catch
those.

Tell you what: I know you're on Betty's announcement list on facebook.
I'll send out a general announcement from there within the hour, and
message you there that I've done so. If you can "Share" that message
with your (probably hundreds of) friends over there, that would be
most excellent.
Music & poetry by Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
ggamble
2010-12-23 21:53:14 UTC
You should try it sometime.
not ggamble
2010-12-23 22:17:30 UTC
Post by ggamble
You should try it sometime.
Changing the subject header? All righty, then ...