Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
George Dance
2010-12-21 18:19:34 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman

20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page

19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley

18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson

17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Will Dockery
2010-12-21 19:27:12 UTC
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!

--
Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars

George Dance
2010-12-21 22:11:41 UTC
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville http://youtu.be/qBhcN1WK144
ggamble
2010-12-21 22:17:55 UTC
Who the fuck asked you?
George Dance
2010-12-21 22:23:56 UTC
Post by ggamble
Who the fuck asked you?
Hey, it's my thread, troll. Go fuck off to your own.
Cythera
2010-12-22 19:55:39 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by ggamble
Who the fuck asked you?
Hey, it's my thread
Well, yours and Dreckery's. Thank you both for allowing educated
people to use it.
George Dance
2010-12-22 20:07:02 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Hey, it's my thread
Thank you
for allowing educated
people to use it.
No problem. If you run into an educated person, feel free to send him
or her over.
Will Dockery
2010-12-22 16:22:34 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by George Dance
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
Who the fuck asked you?
Wow, you seem more bitter and angry than ever this morning, Gary...
regretting the 'Nam again?

--
Black Crow's Brother / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:

Cythera
He wrote that yesterday afternoon when you were blacked out.
Peter J Ross
2010-12-22 19:40:39 UTC
Cythera
2010-12-22 18:02:50 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Betty has a stolen hat.
Peter J Ross
2010-12-22 19:52:33 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
Betty has a stolen hat.
now Batty has two hats
neither of them stolen
a red hat that is good
and a stripy hat that's new
but let it not be said
that the red hat is old
or the stripy hat is bad
both are good and in fashion

his striped hat is blue
for Dunce's misery and green
for Dunce's envy and bile
not even I hear Batty speak
but perhaps he says
fuck off Dunce and die
Cythera
2010-12-23 03:32:41 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
lafcadio had a white hat
george told us
[I'd put one on Mt. Fuji
to keep the mountain cool]
george read "hat" in lafcadio
he told us
he stuck one on my poem
what a tool
"it's in the archives"
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 10:57:18 UTC
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
<snip for focus>
Post by Cythera
lafcadio had a white hat
Lafcadio Hearn, interestingly, also had a "Cythera" connection.. he
was born there!

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2920285

Lafcadio Hearn's mother was from "one of the best families from the
island of Cerigo: the antique Cythera, just south of ancient Sparta in
the Mediteranean Sea..."

And from:

http://tinyurl.com/Hearn-Cythera

"Cythera, the birthplace not only of Aphrodite but of Lafcadio Hearn,
both hovering on the water as insubstantially as puffs of pale blue
smoke..."

References linkig Hearn to Cythera are multiple, in fact:

http://tinyurl.com/2c3qlz5

Interesting coincience, eh?

--
Black Crow's Brother / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/WxO1RAYTIFA
Peter J Ross
2010-12-23 16:36:02 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 19:32:41 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by Peter J Ross
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:02:50 -0800 (PST),
Post by Cythera
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
[...]
I think yours is funnier than mine.
2010-12-23 03:54:23 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Good old Betty..!
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
And since most of those listed ggamble don't even write poetry any
more...

Cythera
2010-12-23 09:55:31 UTC
Post by George Dance
Hey, when it comes to "notable poets" and/or "notable poems", I'd pick
one of Betty's lists over one of ggamble's any day. 8)
And since most of those listed ggamble don't even write poetry any
more...
Try to have your mumbles make sense.

<snip>
George Dance
2010-12-22 15:20:33 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

22 - Christmas Cheer - Thomas Tusser
George Dance
2010-12-23 16:38:00 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas

A holiday poem a day on The Betty Blog, Dec. 17-30:

http://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

23 - Ceremonies for Christmas - Robert Herrick
Will Dockery
2010-12-23 17:12:37 UTC
Betty's 14 Days of Christmas
Post by George Dance
21 - A Christmas Greeting - Walt Whitman
20 - Santa's Letter - Bernice Ann Page
19 - Now thrice welcome Christmas - William Winstanley
18 - It is the day that he was born - Alfred Tennyson
17 - The Burning Babe - Robert Southwell
Again, nice collection, man... I need to get the link out to my more
"General Audience" friends...

--
Music & poetry by Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery