Shiva Sit
2019-07-26 10:33:50 UTC
Good mourning,

It's really not bad to be left
behind. I find my mind bereft

of ill conceived notions.

So now my devotions

rest upon my gluteal cleft.

On what this depends, let's hope you've some left,
that thing likened unto my gluteal cleft.
To have, then have not, can cause you to miss.
To covet thy neighbor's creates an abyss,
a schism, a chasm, consumption and bile.
Fear not to own your own vertical smile.

So, I am the one done wrote this Sit,
and I am sure glad you got to see it,
since sitting's what I do do best.
I wouldn't Sit you though; no jest.

Shiva me timbers! An ember's aglow,
alight from a night sitting in a shadow;
alone by the phone, wishing only to know
your voice. I rejoice when I hear the cock's crow.

Rex Entwhistle
2019-07-26 21:41:28 UTC
http://youtu.be/S6sK8rZFxmE
Good afternoon, Pastor Corey.....
ME
Zid, do you know what shiva means?
Hieronymous Corey
2019-07-26 23:00:02 UTC
Can you tell me what time it is?
ME
2019-07-26 23:18:54 UTC
Can you tell me what time it is?
Corey, you really need to either provide context or direct your comment to whom you’re responding to.
Ok?
Hieronymous Corey
2019-07-27 07:50:27 UTC
7
Will Dockery
2019-07-27 08:30:33 UTC
7
?
Rex Entwhistle
I know of the mythological being named Shiva...
George J. Dance
Different language. In Hebrew, "shiva" means seven. It's the seven-day mourning period for a loved one; there are different customs, but essentially you're to stay home, have friends and family drop in, and mourn the deceased.
Will Dockery
Interesting, George... I love learning something new every day.
Hieronymous Corey
2019-07-27 11:25:29 UTC
'Interesting, George.' LOL
Will Dockery
2019-07-27 14:51:31 UTC
'Interesting, George.' LOL
So... it was.

2019-07-27 15:02:33 UTC
Okay. That's fine. I'm glad you thought so.
I just thought your response was funny.
Will Dockery
2019-07-27 15:10:23 UTC
Okay. That's fine. I'm glad you thought so.
I just thought your response was funny.
That's okay. I only knew of the Hindu god Shiva, so George's explanation was illuminating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva

Shiva is known as "The Destroyer" within the Trimurti, the Hindu trinity that includes Brahma and Vishnu.[1][12] In Shaivism tradition, Shiva is one of the supreme beings who creates, protects and transforms the universe.
Hieronymous Corey
2019-07-27 15:15:41 UTC
Good. Hopefully George's illuminating explanation
provided some insight on the poem for you. LOL.
Will Dockery
2019-07-27 15:25:04 UTC
Good. Hopefully George's illuminating explanation
provided some insight on the poem for you. LOL.
I already said it did.

2019-07-27 15:30:06 UTC
No, you really didn't, nor did you explain how, but
that's okay. I understand. Nobody else here did either.

Will Dockery
2019-07-26 23:18:05 UTC
Shiva isn't that obscure.

;)