Patti Smith-1973
Add Reply
j***@gmail.com
2019-09-03 05:08:30 UTC

Brainiac Five
2019-09-03 06:18:19 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/37pevRAIV78
Absolutely love Patti Smith, all of Buffalo revered her back in the day....
j***@gmail.com
2019-09-03 11:53:45 UTC
Me too, she is one of the great ones, Imo... particularly love her early music, but also love her books and concerts and performances... 👍☺️❤️🎶🥂
Michael Pendragon
2019-09-03 15:19:01 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Me too, she is one of the great ones, Imo... particularly love her early music, but also love her books and concerts and performances... 👍☺️❤️🎶🥂
NOTE TO NEWB: This is a poetry and discussions should be limited to the discussion of poetry. If you're going to join Will, Stinky George and Dunce in their ongoing effort to turn this into a music group, I'm going to have to start smacking you around.

Consider yourself warned.
j***@gmail.com
2019-09-03 15:51:59 UTC
Patti IS a poet, and the link is of her reading a poem...
Michael Pendragon
2019-09-03 15:57:10 UTC

The Real Will Dockery
2019-09-03 16:07:41 UTC
Patti Smith was a poet long before the music, yes.
High Number
2019-09-04 01:08:47 UTC
Damn right....
Brainiac Five
2019-09-03 20:40:27 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patti_Smith

*************Patricia Lee Smith (born December 30, 1946)[5] is an American singer-songwriter, musician, author, and poet who became an influential component of the New York City punk rock movement with her 1975 debut album Horses.

Called the "punk poet laureate," Smith fused rock and poetry in her work**********************************
Will Dockery
2019-09-05 15:43:54 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Me too, she is one of the great ones, Imo... particularly love her early music, but also love her books and concerts and performances... 👍☺️❤️🎶🥂
NOTE TO NEWB: This is a poetry and discussions should be limited to the discussion of poetry
<snip>

Your ignorance of modern poetry (such as by Patti Smith) is noted, Pendragon.

;)
Brainiac Five
How true....
Perry Winkler
2019-10-06 22:33:48 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Me too, she is one of the great ones, Imo... particularly love her early music, but also love her books and concerts and performances... 👍☺️❤️🎶🥂
Absolutely.......

Perry Winkler
2019-09-05 19:02:48 UTC
P.S. is a brilliant poet.....
j***@gmail.com
2019-09-05 19:15:23 UTC
Post by Perry Winkler
P.S. is a brilliant poet.....
And singer/songwriter and performer... “Horses” and “Easter” are both masterpieces... ❤️🙏
Will Dockery
2019-09-05 20:47:51 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Perry Winkler
P.S. is a brilliant poet.....
And singer/songwriter and performer... “Horses” and “Easter” are both masterpieces... ❤️🙏
I loved a lot of "Radio Ethiopia" as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Ethiopia
Perry Winkler
2019-09-05 23:40:01 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Perry Winkler
P.S. is a brilliant poet.....
And singer/songwriter and performer... “Horses” and “Easter” are both masterpieces... ❤️🙏
I loved a lot of "Radio Ethiopia" as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Ethiopia
She was great on side one for sure.....

Side two was a bit too Yoko Ono.....
Perry Winkler
2019-09-05 19:23:48 UTC
Agreed she was a big star back in Buffalo by 1978.......
Will Dockery
2019-09-06 02:57:52 UTC
Radio Ethiopia had some great rock tunes on it...
Perry Winkler
2019-09-06 04:00:25 UTC
Radio Ethiopia had some great rock tunes on it...
That is true.....

j***@gmail.com
2019-09-21 18:49:43 UTC
Can’t wait to read Patti’s new book which is being published this Tuesday!!! 🙏😊☺️❤️
Will Dockery
2019-09-21 20:11:59 UTC
Can’t wait to read Patti’s new book which is being published this Tuesday!!! 🙏😊☺️❤️😎
It does look interesting:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/patti-smith-new-memoir-year-of-the-monkey-842301/

Patti Smith Details New Memoir ‘Year of the Monkey’
Singer’s latest memoir, illustrated with original Polaroid photography, will be released on September 24th
j***@gmail.com
Yes, it does! ❤️😊 absolutely loved “Just kids” and to a lesser extent “M Train”, this will surely be very enjoyable to read as well! ❤️😎
Michael Pendragon
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Will Dockery
2019-09-21 20:52:56 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
Can’t wait to read Patti’s new book which is being published this Tuesday!!! 🙏😊☺️❤️😎
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/patti-smith-new-memoir-year-of-the-monkey-842301/
Patti Smith Details New Memoir ‘Year of the Monkey’
Singer’s latest memoir, illustrated with original Polaroid photography, will be released on September 24th
Yes, it does! ❤️😊 absolutely loved “Just kids” and to a lesser extent “M Train”, this will surely be very enjoyable to read as well! ❤️😎
And... good afternoon, Jordy.

;)
j***@gmail.com
And same to you, mon ami 😊☺️❤️
Michael Pendragon
If only you had the ability to read. Hopefully your library will get an audio book version for you.
General Zod
2019-09-21 21:38:18 UTC
Can’t wait to read Patti’s new book which is being published this Tuesday!!! 🙏😊☺️❤️😎
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/patti-smith-new-memoir-year-of-the-monkey-842301/
Patti Smith Details New Memoir ‘Year of the Monkey’
Singer’s latest memoir, illustrated with original Polaroid photography, will be released on September 24th
Fab news my friends.............

Good to see you Mr. Jordy......................
j***@gmail.com
And good to see you too, mon ami 😊☺️❤️
General Zod
Wow...……….
Will Dockery
2019-09-21 22:15:48 UTC
Perhaps you can select us a good featured poet for Saturday Night, Jordy?
General Zod
2019-09-21 22:22:31 UTC
Perhaps you can select us a good featured poet for Saturday Night, Jordy?
Great idea...…..

J.D. Chase always presents interesting poets for us to discuss....
j***@gmail.com
2019-09-21 23:01:48 UTC
2019-09-21 23:15:41 UTC
Great, looking forward to it, Jordy.

2019-09-22 21:40:14 UTC
Great, looking forward to it, Jordy.
:)
Good choice Jordy, I would go so far as to say how about you pick us a featured poem each evening.....?
j***@gmail.com
2019-09-22 22:32:27 UTC
thanks for the suggestion, GZ 😊 not sure that I’m up for the challenge of posting a poem every evening, but can certainly do that more frequently! 🙏😊☺️❤️
General Zod
Say, every Friday or something....?
j***@gmail.com
Sure! Sounds like a plan! ☺️👍😎
General Zod
2019-09-22 22:54:16 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by General Zod
Post by j***@gmail.com
Great, looking forward to it, Jordy.
:)
Good choice Jordy, I would go so far as to say how about you pick us a featured poem each evening.....?
thanks for the suggestion, GZ 😊 not sure that I’m up for the challenge of posting a poem every evening, but can certainly do that more frequently! 🙏😊☺️❤️
Say, every Friday or something....?
Sure! Sounds like a plan! ☺️👍😎
I like....

I like...….

Did you see the Leonard Cohen post I made yet....?
General Zod
2019-09-24 23:20:59 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
http://youtu.be/37pevRAIV78