Reb Ilya Kaminsky's 'Galya's toast'
Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
2019-04-16 05:06:07 UTC
Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. 'Galya's toast', in Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. Deaf republic: poems (Graywolf Press), 1-76 (59)
© 2019 Ilya Kaminsky. Reprinted for not-for-profit educational purposes

To your voice, a mysterious virtue,
to the twenty-six bones of one foot, the four dimensions of breathing,

to pine, redwood, sword fern, peppermint,
to hyacinth and bluebell lily,

to the train conductor’s donkey on a rope,
to the smell of lemons, a boy pissing splendidly against the trees.

Bless each thing on earth until it sickens,
until each ungovernable heart admits: I confused myself

and yet I loved—and what I loved
I forgot, what I forgot brought glory to my travels,

to you I traveled as close as I dared, Lord.

לעולם לא אשכח

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel ben Avraham v'Rachel Riva:
2019-04-16 07:52:57 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. 'Galya's toast', in Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. Deaf republic: poems (Graywolf Press), 1-76 (59)
© 2019 Ilya Kaminsky. Reprinted for not-for-profit educational purposes
To your voice, a mysterious virtue,
to the twenty-six bones of one foot, the four dimensions of breathing,
to pine, redwood, sword fern, peppermint,
to hyacinth and bluebell lily,
to the train conductor’s donkey on a rope,
to the smell of lemons, a boy pissing splendidly against the trees.
Bless each thing on earth until it sickens,
until each ungovernable heart admits: I confused myself
and yet I loved—and what I loved
I forgot, what I forgot brought glory to my travels,
to you I traveled as close as I dared, Lord.
לעולם לא אשכח
davening in the musematic dark
Outstanding read I thank thee....
Chafed Foreskin ha'Yehu'di
Fuck you and your Nazi ancestors, George Sulzbach.
General Zod
2019-04-17 03:51:58 UTC
Post by Chafed Foreskin ha'Yehu'di
Post by General Zod
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. 'Galya's toast', in Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. Deaf republic: poems (Graywolf Press), 1-76 (59)
© 2019 Ilya Kaminsky. Reprinted for not-for-profit educational purposes
To your voice, a mysterious virtue,
to the twenty-six bones of one foot, the four dimensions of breathing,
to pine, redwood, sword fern, peppermint,
to hyacinth and bluebell lily,
to the train conductor’s donkey on a rope,
to the smell of lemons, a boy pissing splendidly against the trees.
Bless each thing on earth until it sickens,
until each ungovernable heart admits: I confused myself
and yet I loved—and what I loved
I forgot, what I forgot brought glory to my travels,
to you I traveled as close as I dared, Lord.
לעולם לא אשכח
davening in the musematic dark
Outstanding read I thank thee....
Fuck you
Fuck off forging troll....

Michael Pendragon
2019-04-16 12:45:00 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. 'Galya's toast', in Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. Deaf republic: poems (Graywolf Press), 1-76 (59)
© 2019 Ilya Kaminsky. Reprinted for not-for-profit educational purposes
Copyright law doesn't work that way, Pick.

You can discuss a poem in a classroom, and pass out printed copies for study.

However, that use of those copies must be limited to both the classroom and a relatively brief period of time.

Posting a copyrighted work to the internet is violates both stipulations.
NancyGene
2019-04-16 15:39:54 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. 'Galya's toast', in Ilya Kaminsky, 2019. Deaf republic: poems (Graywolf Press), 1-76 (59)
© 2019 Ilya Kaminsky. Reprinted for not-for-profit educational purposes
Copyright law doesn't work that way, Pick.
You can discuss a poem in a classroom, and pass out printed copies for study.
However, that use of those copies must be limited to both the classroom and a relatively brief period of time.
Posting a copyrighted work to the internet is violates both stipulations.
Since Pickles shows every sign of copying each of the author's poems onto aapc, we will notify Graywolf Press:

https://www.graywolfpress.org/about-us/contact-us#subsidiary-rights

"Permission Requests
If you are interested in reprinting part of a Graywolf book, please send the following information by mail, fax, or email to Fred Courtright of The Permissions Company (contact information below). Please apply for permission as far in advance as possible. We receive many requests and need adequate time to process them. Please do not send your request more than once.

For all requests
Graywolf author, book title, and title of poem, story, or essay (or page numbers) you wish to use
Your email address, fax number, or mailing address
For reprint on a website
Website address
Length of time you wish to have the work posted"

Even if he had permission, it would not be permission in perpetuity. They want to know how long the person intends to use their work.
Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
2019-04-16 21:03:40 UTC
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 8:39:55 AM UTC-7, NaziQueene is still babbling...

NaziQueene is babbling with impotence...his racism is noted, archived, ignored.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NancyGene
Are we racist in pointing out that you steal other people's work?
Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
2019-04-17 00:11:24 UTC
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 4:58:01 PM UTC-7, NaziQueene babbles...

Shalom & Erev tov, everyone...his lying is noted, archived, ignored. There is no 'we'.

Will Dockery
2019-04-17 00:44:47 UTC
The racist posts against Nelly Black and Ahmos Zu-Boton you have made and encouraged have been plenty, Nancy G.