Favorite psychedelic lyrics
2005-01-19 19:35:31 UTC
Between songs like Walrus, Strawberry Fields, TNK and She Said, She
Said, John
probably has a strong claim on the best psychedelic lyrics.
But what about outside of the Beatles?
It rides sideways through time
It's an electric line to your zodiac sign
-- Hawkwind, "Silver Machine"
Oh goodness, it's Hawkwind.
I saw them once, along with a group called Mann. Hawkwind, with the
lizard sax player and the groovy light show. The only song I can
claim
to actually remember is 'Space is Deep" which went something like
"Space is Deep (dark?) and is so endless.
When you're lost is so relentless.
it does not feel, it does not die.
Space is neither truth nor lie.
Is this the reason deep in our minds?"
I wonder where that album went? I guarantee wherever it is, there are
seeds in the spine!
Speaking of seeds in the spine [old double album vinyl album covers,
ya'll young-us], Blonde On Blonde is the most tripped out lyrics imo,
and sometimes it's a *bad* trip... and "Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands"
was a sister to "Lucy In The Sky", headed for a fall:

<http://bobdylan.com/audio/albumtracks/RealAudio/lowlands_blonde.ram>

With your mercury mouth in the missionary times,
And your eyes like smoke and your prayers like rhymes,
And your silver cross, and your voice like chimes,
Oh, who among them do they think could bury you?
With your pockets well protected at last,
And your streetcar visions which you place on the grass,
And your flesh like silk, and your face like glass,
Who among them do they think could carry you?
Sad-eyed lady of the lowlands,
Where the sad-eyed prophet says that no man comes,
My warehouse eyes, my Arabian drums,
Should I leave them by your gate,
Or, sad-eyed lady, should I wait?

With your sheets like metal and your belt like lace,
And your deck of cards missing the jack and the ace,
And your basement clothes and your hollow face,
Who among them can think he could outguess you?
With your silhouette when the sunlight dims
Into your eyes where the moonlight swims,
And your match-book songs and your gypsy hymns,
Who among them would try to impress you?
Sad-eyed lady of the lowlands,
Where the sad-eyed prophet says that no man comes,
My warehouse eyes, my Arabian drums,
Should I leave them by your gate,
Or, sad-eyed lady, should I wait?

The kings of Tyrus with their convict list
Are waiting in line for their geranium kiss,
And you wouldn't know it would happen like this,
But who among them really wants just to kiss you?
With your childhood flames on your midnight rug,
And your Spanish manners and your mother's drugs,
And your cowboy mouth and your curfew plugs,
Who among them do you think could resist you?
Sad-eyed lady of the lowlands,
Where the sad-eyed prophet says that no man comes,
My warehouse eyes, my Arabian drums,
Should I leave them by your gate,
Or, sad-eyed lady, should I wait?

Oh, the farmers and the businessmen, they all did decide
To show you the dead angels that they used to hide.
But why did they pick you to sympathize with their side?
Oh, how could they ever mistake you?
They wished you'd accepted the blame for the farm,
But with the sea at your feet and the phony false alarm,
And with the child of a hoodlum wrapped up in your arms,
How could they ever, ever persuade you?
Sad-eyed lady of the lowlands,
Where the sad-eyed prophet says that no man comes,
My warehouse eyes, my Arabian drums,
Should I leave them by your gate,
Or, sad-eyed lady, should I wait?

With your sheet-metal memory of Cannery Row,
And your magazine-husband who one day just had to go,
And your gentleness now, which you just can't help but show,
Who among them do you think would employ you?
Now you stand with your thief, you're on his parole
With your holy medallion which your fingertips fold,
And your saintlike face and your ghostlike soul,
Oh, who among them do you think could destroy you
Sad-eyed lady of the lowlands,
Where the sad-eyed prophet says that no man comes,
My warehouse eyes, my Arabian drums,
Should I leave them by your gate,
Or, sad-eyed lady, should I wait?
-Bob Dylan

Copyright © 1966; renewed 1994 Dwarf Music
K***@aol.com
2005-01-19 19:56:50 UTC
VISIONS OF JOHANNA - Dylan

(especially: "The ghost of 'lectricity howls in the bones of her face,"
& "Inside the museums, Infinity goes up on trial," & "The harmonicas
play the skeleton keys and the rain.")

Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin' to be so
quiet?
We sit here stranded, though we're all doin' our best to deny it
And Louise holds a handful of rain, temptin' you to defy it
Lights flicker from the opposite loft
In this room the heat pipes just cough
The country music station plays soft
But there's nothing, really nothing to turn off
Just Louise and her lover so entwined
And these visions of Johanna that conquer my mind

In the empty lot where the ladies play blindman's bluff with the key
chain
And the all-night girls they whisper of escapades out on the "D" train
We can hear the night watchman click his flashlight
Ask himself if it's him or them that's really insane
Louise, she's all right, she's just near
She's delicate and seems like the mirror
But she just makes it all too concise and too clear
That Johanna's not here
The ghost of 'lectricity howls in the bones of her face
Where these visions of Johanna have now taken my place

Now, little boy lost, he takes himself so seriously
He brags of his misery, he likes to live dangerously
And when bringing her name up
He speaks of a farewell kiss to me
He's sure got a lotta gall to be so useless and all
Muttering small talk at the wall while I'm in the hall
How can I explain?
Oh, it's so hard to get on
And these visions of Johanna, they kept me up past the dawn

Inside the museums, Infinity goes up on trial
Voices echo this is what salvation must be like after a while
But Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues
You can tell by the way she smiles
See the primitive wallflower freeze
When the jelly-faced women all sneeze
Hear the one with the mustache say, "Jeeze
I can't find my knees"
Oh, jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule
But these visions of Johanna, they make it all seem so cruel

The peddler now speaks to the countess who's pretending to care for him
Sayin', "Name me someone that's not a parasite and I'll go out and say
a prayer for him"
But like Louise always says
"Ya can't look at much, can ya man?"
As she, herself, prepares for him
And Madonna, she still has not showed
We see this empty cage now corrode
Where her cape of the stage once had flowed
The fiddler, he now steps to the road
He writes ev'rything's been returned which was owed
On the back of the fish truck that loads
While my conscience explodes
The harmonicas play the skeleton keys and the rain
And these visions of Johanna are now all that remain
m***@yahoo.ca
2005-01-19 20:10:50 UTC
Nobody wrote better psychedelic lyrics than Dylan. Although, I don't
think that a lot of people view them as psych as such. But they
are...look at the lyrics of something like It's Alright Ma (I'm Only
Bleeding), they are a trip!
t***@veryfast.biz
2005-01-20 12:44:31 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.ca
Nobody wrote better psychedelic lyrics than Dylan. Although, I don't
think that a lot of people view them as psych as such. But they
are...look at the lyrics of something like It's Alright Ma (I'm Only
Bleeding), they are a trip!
"I pushed my soul into a big dark hole, and then I followed it in...

Kenny Rogers... "What Condition My Condition Was In".

When the record forst came out I thought it was pretty cool.
Chuck

http://chucklysaght.envy.nu/MyDailyRant.html
Will Dockery
2005-01-20 14:08:48 UTC
Post by t***@veryfast.biz
Post by m***@yahoo.ca
Nobody wrote better psychedelic lyrics than Dylan. Although, I don't
think that a lot of people view them as psych as such. But they
are...look at the lyrics of something like It's Alright Ma (I'm Only
Bleeding), they are a trip!
"I pushed my soul into a big dark hole, and then I followed it in...
Kenny Rogers... "What Condition My Condition Was In".
When the record first came out I thought it was pretty cool.
Chuck
Yeah, when Kenny Rogers was a folk rocker with the First Edition, he
was pretty interesting. I saw him on television back in those days
several times.

One song of his that's always stuck in my mind, must have been 1967 or
'68, was "Ruby"..:

"It wasn't me that started that old crazy asian war
I just went and did my patriotic chore...
The shadows on the wall tell me the sun is going down
Ruby... don't take your love to town."

Psychedelic in a subtle dark way...

Never surrender! Take no prisoners!
Will

The Shadowville/Netherlands project:
http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm

"Mirror Twins":
<http://www.lulu.com/items/29000/29085/preview/Will_Dockery_-_03_-_Track__3.mp3>

"Black Eagle Lady" by Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://www.lulu.com/items/84000/84578/1/preview/Henry_Conley_-_06_-_Black_Eagle_Lady.mp3
mcnews
2005-01-20 14:16:49 UTC
Post by t***@veryfast.biz
Post by m***@yahoo.ca
Bleeding), they are a trip!
"I pushed my soul into a big dark hole, and then I followed it in...
Kenny Rogers... "What Condition My Condition Was In".
When the record first came out I thought it was pretty cool.
Chuck
Yeah, when Kenny Rogers was a folk rocker with the First Edition, he
was pretty interesting. I saw him on television back in those days
several times.
One song of his that's always stuck in my mind, must have been 1967 or
"It wasn't me that started that old crazy asian war
I just went and did my patriotic chore...
The shadows on the wall tell me the sun is going down
Ruby... don't take your love to town."
Psychedelic in a subtle dark way...
why do you, an 'authentic american poet' want to call that psychedelic.
isn't it just good imagery?
Will Dockery
2005-01-20 14:42:10 UTC
Post by mcnews
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
"It wasn't me that started that old crazy asian war
I just went and did my patriotic chore...
The shadows on the wall tell me the sun is going down
Ruby... don't take your love to town."
Psychedelic in a subtle dark way...
why do you, an 'authentic american poet' want to call that
psychedelic.
Post by mcnews
isn't it just good imagery?
Yeah, it was a stretch, I guess... the song is probably more paranoid
psychotic than it is darkly psychedelic... a better example of "darkly
psychedelic" would definately be something like, again, it always comes
back to old Bob, "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues":

<http://bobdylan.com/audio/albumtracks/RealAudio/tomthumb_live1966.ram>

When you're lost in the rain in Juarez
And it's Eastertime too
And your gravity fails
And negativity don't pull you through
Don't put on any airs
When you're down on Rue Morgue Avenue
They got some hungry women there
And they really make a mess outa you

Now if you see Saint Annie
Please tell her thanks a lot
I cannot move
My fingers are all in a knot
I don't have the strength
To get up and take another shot
And my best friend, my doctor
Won't even say what it is I've got

Sweet Melinda
The peasants call her the goddess of gloom
She speaks good English
And she invites you up into her room
And you're so kind
And careful not to go to her too soon
And she takes your voice
And leaves you howling at the moon

Up on Housing Project Hill
It's either fortune or fame
You must pick up one or the other
Though neither of them are to be what they claim
If you're lookin' to get silly
You better go back to from where you came
Because the cops don't need you
And man they expect the same

Now all the authorities
They just stand around and boast
How they blackmailed the sergeant-at-arms
Into leaving his post
And picking up Angel who
Just arrived here from the coast
Who looked so fine at first
But left looking just like a ghost

I started out on burgundy
But soon hit the harder stuff
Everybody said they'd stand behind me
When the game got rough
But the joke was on me
There was nobody even there to call my bluff
I'm going back to New York City
I do believe I've had enough

-Bob Dylan

Copyright © 1965; renewed 1993 Special Rider Music

Will Dockery:
<http://www.sohobarandgrill.com/pa01152005crowd/images/Crowd034_JPG.jpg>
Paul Heslop
2005-01-20 09:16:11 UTC
ARTIST: Jefferson Airplane
TITLE: White Rabbit

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice when she was just small

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
--
Paul (That's what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Lush
2005-01-19 20:18:17 UTC
Favourite is Dark Side of the Moon, but I think that is more because of the
music it's paired with. While the effect of the whole is phenomenal, I don't
think you could compare the lyrics with the Lennon you mention belwo.

The lunatic is on the grass.
The lunatic is on the grass.
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs.
Got to keep the loonies on the path.

The lunatic is in the hall.
The lunatics are in my hall.
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more.

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

The lunatic is in my head.
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

"I can't think of anything to say except...
I think it's marvelous! HaHaHa!"

--

Lush

"I like the pants around your feet
I like the dirt that's on your knees
I like the way you still say please
When you're looking up at me
You're like my favourite damn disease"

John Fields
2005-01-19 22:11:57 UTC
Between songs like Walrus, Strawberry Fields, TNK and She Said, She
Said, John
probably has a strong claim on the best psychedelic lyrics.
But what about outside of the Beatles?
What song has your favorite trippy lyrics?
---
Procol Harum's "Whiter Shade of Pale"

We skipped the light fandango
turned cartwheels 'cross the floor
I was feeling kinda seasick
but the crowd called out for more
The room was humming harder
as the ceiling flew away
When we called out for another drink
the waiter brought a tray

And so it was that later
as the miller told his tale
that her face, at first just ghostly,
turned a whiter shade of pale

She said, 'There is no reason
and the truth is plain to see.'
But I wandered through my playing cards
and would not let her be
one of sixteen vestal virgins
who were leaving for the coast
and although my eyes were open
they might have just as well've been closed

And so it was that later
as the miller told his tale
that her face, at first just ghostly,
turned a whiter shade of pale

Keith Reid
John Fields
Mick Davis
2005-01-20 00:09:21 UTC
THE DOORS did it best -

Take a journey to the end of the night -
End of the night
End of the night

Take a journey to the bright midnight -
End of the night
End of the night

Realms of bliss, realms of light -
Will Dockery
2005-01-22 16:27:31 UTC
I apologize for my incompetence, sir, and say that I am most
heartily
sorry
for your loss.
Thanks... Vagina? [I'm reminded of a certain Seinfeld episode
here!]
*grin* As it happens, I just wrote a bit about Katherine to a
friend
who's grieving the loss of the love of her life, and I feel that we
walked a similar path in 2004, I'll repost it, since it didn't come
this way when I posted it a few minutes ago, but I'll snip it down
to a
Thank you. Kind I say.
I still call his number just to listen to the rainging tone before
recorded voice reminds me has left here for good. I leave messages
beneath
the moonlight on rice paper.. words of love and praise.. of heart
break and
loss..I leave words and rivers of emotions for that is my only way
top
communicate at the moment... and so I do.. and I am thankful to
have
even
that.
Words pull hard at one's heart, yes Will? Amazing the impact of them.
Quite
beautiful once the lump in the throat disappears.
"Engine exhaust
from the car ahead
looks liike ghost horses." -Dockery 2004
Sounds much like Jim Morrison, a man I greatly admire and miss to
this day.

A poet of the people.

Vagina, a pal of mine, Alric Knebel, who's writing a book on Morrison
and his poetry hopes to use this photo on the cover:

http://www.ironeyefortress.com/morrison.html.

Should be one hell of a book.
Alicia, we walked a very similar path in 2004. Last August, Lady
Katherine, the once and future love of my life crossed over to a
new
level after fighting a brave fight for life. g0g would have made
her
laugh, and perhaps he's telling a story somewhere in the blue and
golden waves, and she's giggling. In a series of dreams she's
always
happy, sometimes sweeping up the latest new place we're moving
into.
Anyhow, enough of that for the moment, Katherine's story can be
found
http://tinyurl.com/6cf8g
http://tinyurl.com/43msw
Oh, Will, how utterly delightful. She must have been something very
special
to many more than you, perhaps.
Yes, that she was.
I wish I had tears at times.
Out of all the poets and others of Usenet, most proved to be less
than
inhuman in their response to my simple elegy, except a note from a
most
unlikely source, a man who earned my respect during those dark
days,
living proof of a man with integrity and courage to go against the
mob
when the situation warrants it.
"Celebrating life: Kathy S. Fuller July 27, 1960 - August 1, 2004
In her prime. Tragedy, know you no solace?
*I
got these two notes yesterday from a fellow poet, Michael Cook,
who's
never been the best of friends with me. Amazing, and touching, to
see
this poet warrior/sparring partner lay down the sword and send
these
important words to me.* I wrote: "At least she's not suffering
now...
the last few days must have been Hellish, how much so, I'll never
know.
Through this long night, I choose to remember my beautiful muse as
she
was, and always will be, to me." Michael responded: "You are
different
or un indifferent which is different Could it be true does the
shadowville hero have a heart and soul? Where is the crass
indifference
for the benign? Ah, the speed of life as measured by death we don't
want it to slow yet deny an interminable end, an odd mix don't ya
think? What was that 'school' of poetry called anyway, the
metaphysical
poets? Best of all luck mdc"
A foe in time of merry, a friend in time of woe! Enchanting. I
sincerely
hope that this remakes anew your relationship.
If that is best. Sparring is a healthy exercise if controlled.
A good fight is one of life's little pleasures, as you say, when under
a certain amount of control.
So no matter what's gone down, and what will gone down, friend or
foe... Cook's a made man in my book, yeah, a *poet* and a man. Kiss
of
death or not.
Excellent!
Jane was up last nite and so was I. We thought about you both you and
Lady
Katherine and, in step, of what we might offer. Paulie wrote these
words
for Jane, so he said, or so she believes; she would like to give them
back
to you for she has always claimed ownership of them. They are duly
transferred to one Will Dockery.
As I have said before, I am inadequate at this but if you will allow
us, we
As I write this letter
Send my love to you
Remember that I'll always
Be in love with you
Treasure these few words
Till we're together
Keep all my love forever
P.S. I love you
you, you, you
I'll be comin' home again to you, love
Until the day I do love
P.S. I love you
you, you, you
As I write this letter
Send my love to you (you know I want you to)
Remember that I'll always
Be in love with you (yeah)
Treasure these few words
Till we're together
Keep all my love forever
P.S. I love you
you, you, you
As I write this letter
Send my love to you (you know I want you to)
Remember that I'll always
Be in love with you (yeah)
I'll be comin' home again to you, love
Until the day I do love
P.S. I love you
you, you, you
you, you, you
I love you
Simple, poetic, thanks.

You're a very charming Vagina, a pleasure to make your *aquaintance*..!

Jane Asher's Vagina
2005-01-22 17:12:34 UTC
Sounds much like Jim Morrison, a man I greatly admire and miss to
this day.
A poet of the people.
Vagina, a pal of mine, Alric Knebel, who's writing a book on Morrison
http://www.ironeyefortress.com/morrison.html.
Should be one hell of a book.
Superb. Jim looks so wonderful. Hope to get a copy of that tome.

Is this the same Mississippi Knebel of alt.music.the-doors fame? We used to
visit there quite often. Should return unless it is in a state of disarray
as it once became.
Post by Will Dockery
You're a very charming Vagina, a pleasure to make your *aquaintance*..!
Our pleasure. The compliment is more than gracious, thank you so very much.
I am well treated having, just two days past, been bestowed the Wiliam F.
Buckley Award so early in the year and now to be handed such kindness!!

I always say, and Jane agrees, that a man should always have at least one
vagina befriended.

If you do not mind, I, Will, will take a proper peek at your webwork.
Will Dockery
2005-01-22 17:42:27 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Will Dockery
http://www.ironeyefortress.com/morrison.html.
Should be one hell of a book.
Superb. Jim looks so wonderful. Hope to get a copy of that tome.
Is this the same Mississippi Knebel of alt.music.the-doors fame? We used to
visit there quite often. Should return unless it is in a state of disarray
as it once became.
One and the same! What the heck, I'll crosspost you right on over
there, it's one of my favorite newsgroups, these days...
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
I always say, and Jane agrees, that a man should always have at least one
vagina befriended.
As my buddy Ben, owner of Pizza Roma says: "It's all about the three
*P*s... poetry, pizza, and... eh... vagina."

"...wondering if she'd changed at all, if her hair was still red..."
-Dylan
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
If you do not mind, I, Will, will take a proper peek at your webwork.
Take care, dear Vagina. And Lady Jane, also.

The first batch of reworked poems in their original state can be found
at this link. At this point they're going through drastic
rewrites-edits-rethinks... all comments welcomed, as usual:
http://tinyurl.com/3onfo

---
The Netherlands/Shadowville cross cultural exchange
project <http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm>

"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't
think he'd remember.
You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing
over to Jersey on the
ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry
pulling in, and on it there
was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had
on. She was carrying a
white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She
didn't see me at all, but I'll
bet a month hasn't gone by since, that I haven't
thought of that girl."
--Mr. Bernstein (Everett Sloane) "Citizen Kane"
Jane Asher's Vagina
2005-01-23 00:36:22 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
as it once became.
One and the same! What the heck, I'll crosspost you right on over
there, it's one of my favorite newsgroups, these days...
So you did! With your approval and action, surely I have been well spoken
of and for !

Much thanks, Sir Dockery, for it appears, for reasons unknown, I have been
given few warm welcomes on RMBeatles.
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
vagina befriended.
As my buddy Ben, owner of Pizza Roma says: "It's all about the three
*P*s... poetry, pizza, and... eh... vagina."
Three things that blend splendidly together I might add. Add a toddy and
you have a Wild Child, not so full of grace!
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
If you do not mind, I, Will, will take a proper peek at your webwork.
Take care, dear Vagina. And Lady Jane, also.
O, Wil, she will be so happy that you thought of her. You already know I
do.
The first batch of reworked poems in their original state can be found
at this link. At this point they're going through drastic
http://tinyurl.com/3onfo
Much to read but what fun!

This caught my attention:

"Love may come tomorrow, bone, the way this is going,
devil's drink takes all night, in this tomcat mirror."

Imagery, splendid imagery. You are so talented! I feel I am in the midst of
established genius with budding potential.

Jane is printing your art this evening. She and I will cozy to the fire and
be so sure of a fine time. Thank you, kindly, for sharing.
---
The Netherlands/Shadowville cross cultural exchange
project <http://www.kannibaal.nl/shadowville.htm>
"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't
think he'd remember.
You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing
over to Jersey on the
ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry
pulling in, and on it there
was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had
on. She was carrying a
white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She
didn't see me at all, but I'll
bet a month hasn't gone by since, that I haven't
thought of that girl."
--Mr. Bernstein (Everett Sloane) "Citizen Kane"
One for you, sir.

"A Man needs a little madness or else... he never dares cut the rope, and
be free."

I'm sure Jim, Winston (Jane liked to call John that to anger him), you and
few others agree by splicing the hemp so.
Will Dockery
2005-01-23 09:46:40 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
as it once became.
One and the same! What the heck, I'll crosspost you right on over
there, it's one of my favorite newsgroups, these days...
So you did! With your approval and action, surely I have been well spoken
of and for !
Much thanks, Sir Dockery, for it appears, for reasons unknown, I have been
given few warm welcomes on RMBeatles.
All the news groups people have their own certain agendas... warm
welcomes, for me, are'nt always expected, or needed. Sometimes it's a
question of whether you were attacked or ignored. That's often the
"welcome' newsgroups provide. Let them do what they must.
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
vagina befriended.
As my buddy Ben, owner of Pizza Roma says: "It's all about the three
*P*s... poetry, pizza, and... eh... vagina."
Three things that blend splendidly together I might add. Add a toddy and
you have a Wild Child, not so full of grace!
On a night like this, particularly. The wind's been rocking Shadowville
and the sky is clear as a bell. My fingers are brittle from the cold as
I type this. A night where these elements would indeed blend
splendidly.
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
"...wondering if she'd changed at all, if her hair was still
red..."
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
-Dylan
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
If you do not mind, I, Will, will take a proper peek at your webwork.
Take care, dear Vagina. And Lady Jane, also.
O, Wil, she will be so happy that you thought of her. You already know I
do.
The first batch of reworked poems in their original state can be found
at this link. At this point they're going through drastic
http://tinyurl.com/3onfo
Much to read but what fun!
"Love may come tomorrow, bone, the way this is going,
devil's drink takes all night, in this tomcat mirror."
Imagery, splendid imagery. You are so talented! I feel I am in the midst of
established genius with budding potential.
Jane is printing your art this evening. She and I will cozy to the fire and
be so sure of a fine time. Thank you, kindly, for sharing.
With my mind's eye I easily imagine this scene: Hot Toddy & Wild Child
by the fire.
Jane Asher's Vagina
2005-01-23 21:11:57 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
given few warm welcomes on RMBeatles.
All the news groups people have their own certain agendas... warm
welcomes, for me, are'nt always expected, or needed. Sometimes it's a
question of whether you were attacked or ignored. That's often the
"welcome' newsgroups provide. Let them do what they must.
It makes me no nevermind, Will, boors exist and I am stout of clit. I do
appreciate the advice!
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
you have a Wild Child, not so full of grace!
On a night like this, particularly. The wind's been rocking Shadowville
and the sky is clear as a bell. My fingers are brittle from the cold as
I type this. A night where these elements would indeed blend
splendidly.
Nice pictures of you and your friends, Will, a poet, a musician and a
handsome man. No wonder you are such a catch!
Will Dockery
2005-01-23 21:27:23 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
given few warm welcomes on RMBeatles.
All the news groups people have their own certain agendas... warm
welcomes, for me, are'nt always expected, or needed. Sometimes it's a
question of whether you were attacked or ignored. That's often the
"welcome' newsgroups provide. Let them do what they must.
It makes me no nevermind, Will, boors exist and I am stout of clit. I do
appreciate the advice!
Apparently, they're offended by your choice of nickname... I'm curious,
why *did* you or *how* did you come across such a unique and
controversial name?

*Very* curious, in fact!
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Will Dockery
and the sky is clear as a bell. My fingers are brittle from the cold as
I type this. A night where these elements would indeed blend
splendidly.
Nice pictures of you and your friends, Will, a poet, a musician and a
handsome man. No wonder you are such a catch!
Awww, ya make me blush... as I wrote before, you're such a charming
little Vagina!

Jane Asher's Vagina
2005-01-23 22:32:01 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
appreciate the advice!
Apparently, they're offended by your choice of nickname...
I do not understand, Will. If I were a Big Toe, and posted the lie Jane's
Big Toe, would that be superior?
Post by Will Dockery
I'm curious,
why *did* you or *how* did you come across such a unique and
controversial name?
Unique? You flatter me again for I am far from unique, Will. Controversial?
Will, for the life of Jane, what is controversial, maybe conversational I
would agree, about vaginas? There are zillions of us, mammals, animals,
humans, they are everywhere.

No vagina, no Will. No vagina, no nobody!

Certainly no vaginas leaves much less joy, love and pleasure in this world.

They are works from God Himself, Will, made in His Image, beautiful flowers
of femininity.

A world without vaginas, Will, is a world I wish not(cannot)to live in.

No offence intended, Will, to your wonderful penis. I share the same
sentiments about him.
Post by Will Dockery
*Very* curious, in fact!
Curiouser and curiouser, Will, I see Lewis CarolLennon influences in you.
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Nice pictures of you and your friends, Will, a poet, a musician and a
handsome man. No wonder you are such a catch!
Awww, ya make me blush... as I wrote before, you're such a charming
little Vagina!
Why thank you, how you constantly make my day! Little, though, that I am
not.

I have known to have coddled in my canal lengths in millimeters expressed
in digits exceeding 500.
Alric Knebel
2005-01-24 07:04:06 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Nice pictures of you and your friends, Will, a poet, a musician and a
handsome man. No wonder you are such a catch!
Awww, ya make me blush... as I wrote before, you're such a charming
little Vagina!
Why thank you, how you constantly make my day! Little, though, that I am
not.
I have known to have coddled in my canal lengths in millimeters expressed
in digits exceeding 500.
Jane's V., I think you're "fab" -- an dated accolade, for sure -- your
immense talent magnified by your humility. Your eschewing of fame only
advances my curiosity. Do you smell nice, too?
Alric Knebel
Jane Asher's Vagina
2005-01-24 14:51:23 UTC
Post by Alric Knebel
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Why thank you, how you constantly make my day! Little, though, that I am
not.
I have known to have coddled in my canal lengths in millimeters expressed
in digits exceeding 500.
Jane's V., I think you're "fab"
Mr. Knebel, Jane used to blush me by calling me Fab6.
Post by Alric Knebel
-- an dated accolade, for sure -- your
immense talent magnified by your humility.
Oh, how you put airs on me and for no earthly reason, Mr. Knebel!
Post by Alric Knebel
Your eschewing of fame only
advances my curiosity.
As we are bound to common knowledge, the three of us, of Fame, as David
often repeated, "What's your name? Puts you there where things are hollow."

We eschew, apologies for the plagiarism, it because it so entraps.
Post by Alric Knebel
Do you smell nice, too?
A lie would be always. A truth would be in the nose of the beholder
beholding me.
Alric Knebel
2005-01-24 06:43:15 UTC
< edit >
Much to read but what fun!
"Love may come tomorrow, bone, the way this is going,
devil's drink takes all night, in this tomcat mirror."
Imagery, splendid imagery. You are so talented! I feel I am in the midst of
established genius with budding potential.
Jane is printing your art this evening. She and I will cozy to the fire and
be so sure of a fine time. Thank you, kindly, for sharing.
Jane's V.: So, you're a vagina of discriminating intellect, I see. I
imagine you're a real credit to your proprietor. Jane should be so pleased
that in her spare time, you're frequenting the haunts of behemians, as she
did also. Fruit, falls, tree, and so on.
--
Alric Knebel
http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html
Jane Asher's Vagina
2005-01-24 14:58:07 UTC
Post by Alric Knebel
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Jane is printing your art this evening. She and I will cozy to the fire and
be so sure of a fine time. Thank you, kindly, for sharing.
Jane's V.: So, you're a vagina of discriminating intellect, I see. I
imagine you're a real credit to your proprietor. Jane should be so pleased
that in her spare time, you're frequenting the haunts of behemians, as she
did also.
Mr, Knebel, I must firmly put my vulva on you and request, no more, no more
of this flattery! I am awash with embarrassments!

Please, pay me no mind, continue, only if you must.
Post by Alric Knebel
Fruit, falls, tree, and so on.
How fortunate I have been, Mr. Knebel, think of it with me. Jane found
Paulie, he delighted in her, we delighted each other. If not that were
satisfactory in life, yet The Boys, and many of the entourage, followed
closely! Oh, my, times, times.

Jane was, without any of that, the finest of the fine in initiation. From
birth, a gem and I, collaterally attached, drew from her great independence
of thought.

Mr. Knebel, would I be dried of age if not at this time? Lordy, do we love
to screw.
Alric Knebel
2005-01-24 06:37:14 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
as it once became.
One and the same! What the heck, I'll crosspost you right on over
there, it's one of my favorite newsgroups, these days...
Will, I never said I was writing a BOOK on Morrison's POETRY. I said I was
going to dedicate a WEBSITE to the THE NEW CREATURES in particular. Should
be four or five pages at most. Such a book is probably needed, but I think
that privilege would have to go to one of Morrison's POET friends (as
opposed to his bandmates), someone he sat down with and discussed his
themes.
--
Alric Knebel
_________________________
Jane Asher's Vagina
2005-01-24 14:59:33 UTC
Post by Alric Knebel
Will, I never said I was writing a BOOK on Morrison's POETRY. I said I was
going to dedicate a WEBSITE to the THE NEW CREATURES in particular. Should
be four or five pages at most. Such a book is probably needed, but I think
that privilege would have to go to one of Morrison's POET friends (as
opposed to his bandmates), someone he sat down with and discussed his
themes.
This is combined sad/great news. Anything penned, XML or ink, would be
delightful from you, Sir.
Will Dockery
2005-01-24 19:21:04 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Alric Knebel
be four or five pages at most. Such a book is probably needed, but I think
that privilege would have to go to one of Morrison's POET friends (as
opposed to his bandmates), someone he sat down with and discussed his
themes.
This is combined sad/great news. Anything penned, XML or ink, would be
delightful from you, Sir.
I haven't Googled this, but didn't Michael McClure once write a book on
Morrison? I dimly recall something like this...

I've got a pretty good, maybe great, book that puts Morrison and
Rimbaud into a compasrison. I'll dig that up... probably something
about it here already in the archives and/or Google...
Jane Asher's Vagina
Please do, Will; Morrison mucho info do I seek, talented technologist.
Alric Knebel
2005-01-24 21:47:24 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Alric Knebel
Will, I never said I was writing a BOOK on Morrison's POETRY. I said I was
going to dedicate a WEBSITE to the THE NEW CREATURES in particular.
Should
be four or five pages at most. Such a book is probably needed, but I think
that privilege would have to go to one of Morrison's POET friends (as
opposed to his bandmates), someone he sat down with and discussed his
themes.
This is combined sad/great news. Anything penned, XML or ink, would be
delightful from you, Sir.
Why, Jane's V., I'm too flattered. I'll have to tell Alric's Cock all about
it.
--
Alric Knebel
_________________________
Jane Asher's Vagina
2005-01-24 22:53:01 UTC
Post by Alric Knebel
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
This is combined sad/great news. Anything penned, XML or ink, would be
delightful from you, Sir.
Why, Jane's V., I'm too flattered. I'll have to tell Alric's Cock all about
it.
Do you have a JPEG? Don't lie, Alric, men of size always do. Men of want,
rarely.
LennonRevolver
2005-01-25 04:38:12 UTC
There are no better psychedelic lyrics than White Rabbit by Jefferson
Airplane.

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call

And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead

Feed your head
Feed your head"

Come on- thats the trippiest song ive ever heard
Jane Asher's Vagina
2005-01-25 04:59:41 UTC
Fair true. No better? Several equal. No better? Yea, all of them.
Will Dockery
2005-01-25 05:22:40 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by LennonRevolver
Airplane.
Fair true. No better? Several equal. No better? Yea, all of them.
I like Grace Slick, but what she did with this song was recycle Lewis
Carrol--- an adaptation of sorts.

Lennon actually *ingested* Carrol, and put out completely new shit.
Will

Will Dockery:

"Mirror Twins":
http://www.lulu.com/items/29000/29085/preview/Will_Dockery_-_03_-_Track__3.mp3

"God Smiles":
http://www.lulu.com/items/26000/26881/preview/Irony_Waves_-_Track__5.mp3
Jane Asher's Vagina
No Carrol, no Lennon.
Will Dockery
2005-01-26 01:03:15 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Will Dockery
Lennon actually *ingested* Carrol, and put out completely new shit.
No Carrol, no Lennon.
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds has to be near the top of the list, and
probably already is, somewhere in this long thread.
Will

Jane Asher's Vagina
John taking simplicity from Julian and making it so, Will.
Will Dockery
2005-01-26 03:02:09 UTC
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Jane Asher's Vagina
Post by Will Dockery
Lennon actually *ingested* Carrol, and put out completely new shit.
No Carrol, no Lennon.
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds has to be near the top of the list, and
probably already is, somewhere in this long thread.
John taking simplicity from Julian and making it so, Will.
Kids can speak some great poetry. They hear and translate with a keen
eye for truth.
Victor Hugo Appreciation Society

Bob Dylan - Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again (Live 1976)
General Zod
And Mina Loy lived in the same apartment building as Dylan wrote this....
Will Dockery
2019-04-20 10:24:49 UTC
And Mina Loy lived in the same apartment building as Dylan wrote this....
I'll go with Surrealistic Pillow, the entire album:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrealistic_Pillow
Zod
2019-05-14 03:39:31 UTC
I keep thinking Glass Onion... Beatles....
George J. Dance
2019-05-14 23:55:21 UTC
And Mina Loy lived in the same apartment building as Dylan wrote this....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrealistic_Pillow
I keep thinking Glass Onion... Beatles....
For me it's always had to be the Moodies

Tuesday afternoon
I'm just beginning to see
Now I'm on my way
It doesn't matter to me
Chasing the clouds away
Something calls to me
The trees are drawing me near
I've got to find out why
Those gentle voices I hear
Explain it all with a sigh
[...]

General Zod
2019-04-20 08:26:44 UTC
[...]
I would go with the Rolling Stones....

Child of the Moom........
Michael Pendragon
Sleep it off, pissbum.
Zod
2019-05-15 00:00:13 UTC
Good choice G.D.
George J. Dance
2019-05-16 01:11:23 UTC
Good choice G.D.
Here's one that reminds me of; not the best lyrics, but definitely one of the best songs:

Over Bridge of Sighs
To rest my eyes in shades of green,
Under dreaming spires,
To Itchycoo Park, that's where I've been.

(What did you do there?) I got high.
(What did you feel there?) Well, I cried.
(But why the tears there?) Tell you why:
It's all too beautiful.[...]

Itchycoo Park
(by Ronnie Laine & Steve Marriott)
Zod
2019-05-16 03:16:19 UTC
Good choice G.D.
http://youtu.be/14ViwvgtvbA
Itchycoo Park
(by Ronnie Laine & Steve Marriott)
The phrase "Bridge of Sighs" puts me in the mind of a favorite psychedelic guitarist Robin Trower....

Bridge of Sighs (2007 Remaster) · Robin Trower · Robin Trower

Bridge of Sighs

℗ Chrysalis Records Limited

Released on: 1974-01-01
George J. Dance
2019-05-16 09:25:57 UTC
http://youtu.be/sBQXeb5iJCg
Bridge of Sighs (2007 Remaster) · Robin Trower · Robin Trower
Bridge of Sighs
℗ Chrysalis Records Limited
Released on: 1974-01-01
I have one Robin Trower song in my music collection - "Whiskey Train" on the lost Procol Harum best of - but that was enough for me to appreciate his instrumental talent.

BTW, the "Bridge of Sighs" is Waterloo Bridge, a favorite place for suicides in 19th-century London. PPP has a long poem by Thomas Hood about fishing a body from the water.

https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bridge_of_Sighs_/_Thomas_Hood
Hieronymous Corey
2019-05-16 09:36:57 UTC
I don't know about Waterloo Bridge, but the Bridge of Sighs is in Venice, Italy.
2019-05-16 09:30:14 UTC
I wonder if Waterloo Sunset is also referring to the dark history of the bridge as well..??
Zod
2019-05-16 09:41:47 UTC
Good morning Pastor Corey and thanks for the heads up.... ... ....