Selected Poems cover art / Wil Dockery
2019-09-09 00:57:19 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me know what you think, G.J.D.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Art for Sale
2019-09-09 02:56:26 UTC
Looks good Doc......
Will Dockery
2019-09-10 01:25:19 UTC
Post by Art for Sale
Looks good Doc......
Thanks, Zod.

;)
M Pentagram
2019-09-10 23:46:55 UTC
Yep........!!!
High Number
2019-10-08 23:43:13 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me
know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Is it possible to move all the text 1/4" to the left?
I'm sure I can, but I was going for a bit of a rough, not perfect, look...
OK; if that's the effect you wanted. The words are perfectly legible.
Indeed...…

George J. Dance
2019-09-09 03:01:47 UTC
High Number
2019-09-09 03:51:38 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Is it possible to move all the text 1/4" to the left?
I noticed that...…

In a way I like the effect......
Will Dockery
George J. Dance
Michael Pentagon
2019-09-11 09:08:14 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me
know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Is it possible to move all the text 1/4" to the left?
I'm sure I can, but I was going for a bit of a rough, not perfect, look...
OK; if that's the effect you wanted. The words are perfectly legible.
I am with you G.D.

I think a neater package would be best..... just my opinion...

Have a look at my cover design for the last major Doc release....
High Number
Indeed...…..
Will Dockery
No, I am open for changes, if you think they are needed, George.
Perry Winkle
Bravo...............
General Zod
Right on.............
General Zod
Right on..............
General Zod
2019-09-29 21:49:25 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me
know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Is it possible to move all the text 1/4" to the left?
I'm sure I can, but I was going for a bit of a rough, not perfect, look...
OK; if that's the effect you wanted. The words are perfectly legible.
No, I am open for changes, if you think they are needed, George.
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me
know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Is it possible to move all the text 1/4" to the left?
I'm sure I can, but I was going for a bit of a rough, not perfect, look...
OK; if that's the effect you wanted. The words are perfectly legible.
I like how it harkens to the look of an old typewriter......…

Perhaps print the poems in a smiliar FONT....?

??
George J. Dance
2019-09-29 22:01:21 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me
know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Is it possible to move all the text 1/4" to the left?
I'm sure I can, but I was going for a bit of a rough, not perfect, look...
OK; if that's the effect you wanted. The words are perfectly legible.
No, I am open for changes, if you think they are needed, George.
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me
know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Is it possible to move all the text 1/4" to the left?
I'm sure I can, but I was going for a bit of a rough, not perfect, look...
OK; if that's the effect you wanted. The words are perfectly legible.
I like how it harkens to the look of an old typewriter......…
Perhaps print the poems in a [similar] FONT....?
??
That's a good idea.
Will Dockery
2019-09-29 23:22:49 UTC
I like it...

George, look for the "Chonker" font.
W***@none.i2p
Are we using it?
Perry Winkle
Looks like you are..................
High Number
Will it be happening....?
W***@none.i2p
I'll try to get another version ready soon.
General Zod
Outstanding.................
General Zod
Indeed...…
Zod
2019-09-28 03:18:33 UTC
That older cover still has some quality in favor of it...………..
Zod
2019-10-02 03:24:10 UTC
Lovely..
W***@none.i2p
2019-10-04 19:00:49 UTC
George J. Dance wrote on Mon, 09 September 2019 03:01
The text looks right, now, yes?
Michael Pendragon
2019-09-09 03:47:43 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
It's not often that one sees a poetry collection with the poet's face on the cover. Collections for great poets from the past will often feature a moderately sized photo or drawing of them... but their images are already iconic (Poe, Shakespeare, Whitman, et al.). Current poets? Not so much.

In my experience, it's considered gauche (even downright tacky) for a poet or author to put his own image on the cover. The few poets who do are usually pretentious, no-talent hacks whose egos far exceed their talents.

Hell, even a dyed-in-the-wool narcissist like myself manages to content himself with a slightly-larger-than-a-postage-stamp size photo on the *back.*

My advice is to pick a "catchy" title for the collection (the title of a poem, or something that hints about the style of the collection as a whole) and select a public domain work of art to serve as the background.

For example, the classy little volume featured here:

https://www.amazon.com/Crossed-Swords-Collected-Michael-Pendragon/dp/1533148899/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=crossed+swords+-+michael+pendragon&qid=1568000820&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Will Dockery
2019-09-09 05:49:59 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
It's not often that one sees a poetry collection with the poet's face on the cover
It worked for Leonard Cohen:

& Charles Bukowski:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkuSlMtB4VoABWt_D6TbtgrePn9FMdb4iFMDCFRaG9pTRNAOVWyA

& Jack Kerouac:

Art for Sale
2019-09-09 09:03:54 UTC
https://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/slaves2.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkuSlMtB4VoABWt_D6TbtgrePn9FMdb4iFMDCFRaG9pTRNAOVWyA
https://img.thriftbooks.com/api/images/l/0a17cb8e78c85cba7e2b447df9977e02e6623652.jpg
Exactly......
Michael Pendragon
2019-09-09 12:20:53 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
It's not often that one sees a poetry collection with the poet's face on the cover
https://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/slaves2.jpg
When this book came out in 1972, Cohen was already successful as a folk-rock singer. As I've been trying to explain to you for the past couple of years, Cohen piggybacked his success as a singer-songwriter into a career as a poet.

His first collection, published long before his success, was limited to less than 400 copies and looked like this:

https://www.raptisrarebooks.com/product/let-us-compare-mythologies-leonard-cohen-first-edition-signed-rare/
Post by Will Dockery
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkuSlMtB4VoABWt_D6TbtgrePn9FMdb4iFMDCFRaG9pTRNAOVWyA
The collection came out one year before Bukowski's death, and six years after "Barfly" made him a pop icon.

Bukowski's first collection looked quite different:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/608195825/flower-fist-and-bestial-wail-charles?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_ts1-a-books_movies_and_music-books-poetry_books&utm_custom1=d294c26e-410e-4440-ab26-18072148f704&utm_content=go_1844177498_71202066153_346363544769_pla-353214763819_c__608195825&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0YqLltnD5AIVk5OzCh0ruwNHEAQYAiABEgI1w_D_BwE
Post by Will Dockery
https://img.thriftbooks.com/api/images/l/0a17cb8e78c85cba7e2b447df9977e02e6623652.jpg
I can't find a copy of the original printing of "Pull My Daisy," but here's the first edition of his third collection (published almost a decade after "On the Road" when he was already a cultural icon in certain circles):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scripture_of_the_Golden_Eternity

Like I said: photos on the cover are generally reserved for poets who have reached a level of success where their image has become iconic. Cohen, Bukowski and Kerouac were all at that level when the books you've linked were published.

You, otoh, are not. And you're opening yourself to (further) ridicule with that cover. Vanity, thy name is Dockery!
Will Dockery
2019-09-09 19:10:16 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
https://img.thriftbooks.com/api/images/l/0a17cb8e78c85cba7e2b447df9977e02e6623652.jpg
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scripture_of_the_Golden_Eternity
Like I said: photos on the cover are generally reserved for poets who have reached a level of success where their image has become iconic. Cohen, Bukowski and Kerouac were all at that level when the books you've linked were published.
You, otoh, are not
Okay, thanks for giving your opinion, Pendragon.

;)
Me
Have you been checked for dementia lately, pissbum?
NancyGene
We laughed and laughed. Michael and everyone, please don't tip them off. It should go to the publisher exactly like it is.
Michael Pendragon
Aw, now that's just plain cruel.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2019-09-10 00:52:05 UTC
Post by Me
On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 8:20:54 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon
wro
Post by Me
Post by Michael Pendragon
You, otoh, are not
Okay, thanks for giving your opinion, Pendragon...
;)
Have you been checked for dementia lately, pissbum?
We laughed and laughed. Michael and everyone, please don't tip them
off. It should go to the publisher exactly like it is.
I laughed harder.

https://imgflip.com/i/3a4ppa

<snicker>
"I am a good counselor WITHOUT any degree." - Ed speaks TRVTH.
Will Dockery
2019-09-10 01:47:09 UTC
We laughed and laughed. Michael and everyone, please don't tip them off. It should go to the publisher exactly like it is.
Okay, I looked and sure see nothing wrong with the cover art, maybe George D. can spot it:

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Art for Sale
Rochester already has it bad, the poor senile little codger...........
General Zod
2019-09-10 03:15:08 UTC
Post by Art for Sale
The cover looks great as is......
Thanks, Zod.
https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Sandbox:_Act_of_Will_part_1

Looks damn good Doc.....
Conley Brothers
2019-09-10 03:29:11 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
It's not often that one sees a poetry collection with the poet's face on the cover. Collections for great poets from the past will often feature a moderately sized photo or drawing of them... but their images are already iconic (Poe, Shakespeare, Whitman, et al.). Current poets? Not so much.
In my experience, it's considered gauche (even downright tacky) for a poet or author to put his own image on the cover. The few poets who do are usually pretentious, no-talent hacks whose egos far exceed their talents.
Dockery will haul his cheaply produced, 3rd grade level "book" into every storefront, Piggly Wiggly, convenience store and other Columbus establishments and pester them to display it. You see, he lives in a little bubble here in Columbus. Once in a very rare while someone might recognize the asshole whose face they saw on a thin pamphlet propped up at the 7-11 cash register and think to their self "Man, what a miserable failure".
That's enough for Dockery, being a small fish in a small bowl. A big fat fuck small fish, that is.
Art for Sale
2019-09-10 03:36:01 UTC
Thanks for demonstrating you are indeed a forging fool who knows nothing about this area.....
Art for Sale
2019-09-09 19:31:27 UTC
The cover looks great as is......
Will Dockery
2019-09-09 22:44:27 UTC
Post by Art for Sale
The cover looks great as is......
Thanks, Zod.

Have a look at the online galleys for the book, let me and George D. know if you see any problems:

https://pennyspoetry.fandom.com/wiki/Sandbox:_Act_of_Will_part_1
Perry Winkle
Bravo......
General Zod
2019-09-10 10:40:59 UTC
Cover art looks good as is......
Michael Pendragon Jr
2019-09-11 17:10:06 UTC
So carry on....
i***@gmail.com
2019-09-22 03:10:54 UTC
You started writing in 1976?
Will Dockery
2019-09-22 04:06:45 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
You started writing in 1976?
Closer to 1968-69, when I first began writing and drawing my own comic strips, and selling them to kids in the schoolyard for a few cents each.

But my first serious poetry was pretty much 1976.
General Zod
Right on............
General Zod
2019-09-22 06:08:04 UTC
Out standing...…..
Will Dockery
2019-09-28 02:52:33 UTC
Thanks for the feedback, Zod.

2019-09-30 07:14:47 UTC
Lovely..
High Number
2019-10-04 07:55:24 UTC
I like em both really...…….
W***@none.i2p
2019-10-04 11:02:08 UTC
General Zod wrote on Fri, 04 October 2019 07:55
Post by Will Dockery
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
I like em both really..........
Thanks for the nod, Zod.
Perry Winkle
Right on....
Perry Winkler
2019-10-08 00:51:59 UTC
This seems to be the final on my poetry book cover, have a look and let me know what you think, G.J.D.
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/198267128/Will-Dockery
Maybe on a second volume eh...…?