Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
2019-05-06 23:46:11 UTC

2019-05-06 23:46:56 UTC
2019-05-07 03:34:00 UTC
2019-05-12 04:14:50 UTC

2019-05-13 04:40:08 UTC
2019-05-14 03:46:35 UTC
2019-07-25 09:19:46 UTC
Thank ye both....
Zod
2019-05-15 23:24:18 UTC
Post by Rachel
Post by General Zod
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
byoootiful.
Thank you so much for your kind critique Rachel...............
Brainiac
2019-06-11 22:26:05 UTC
Post by Rachel
Post by General Zod
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
byoootiful.
I thank thee...............

Again.............

And where art thou..?? ?
Victor Hugo III
2019-06-17 08:24:41 UTC
Post by Rachel
Post by General Zod
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
byoootiful.
I thank ye...........

Doing okay....?? ?
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-06-21 05:32:14 UTC
I thank ye Rachel......
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-08 08:46:25 UTC
Thank you so much for the kind comments....
High Number
2019-08-20 04:54:37 UTC
Post by Rachel
Post by General Zod
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
byoootiful.
Rachel.... you are greatly missed here.....

Will Dockery
2019-05-07 00:28:20 UTC
Hey...

The original painting you did for the Shadowville Speedway CD.

Looks great.
General Zod
2019-05-07 07:54:55 UTC
Yes... I think it worked real good......
Zod
2019-05-12 08:08:42 UTC
Thx
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-06-24 22:32:46 UTC
I thank thee once more Doc................
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-03 21:31:03 UTC
I thank you...
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-13 02:30:49 UTC
Rex Hunter III
2019-07-15 23:39:59 UTC
Post by Brainiac Five
Post by George J. Dance
Well, what I need and can use, if you have it, is an illustration for part 2. Just a black and white sketch, either square or portrait proportions (landscape would look lost on the page).
The title of part 2 is "My Wayward Muse". The "Muse" is all the women in his life, with Kathy at #2, because #1 is Will's art, his music and poetry. My idea on that would be a woman, (not necessarily Kathy as it's a composite "Muse) - best would be a bust to match off Will's in part 1 - with something in the picture to suggest his music and poetry.
Please mull it over, and do not try to rush out something right away. There's time to cogitate, meditate, kick around different ideas in one's mind and on paper, that sort of thing.
In the interim, I will use the "Shadowville Speedway" picture with your poem on PPB, with your permission. No need to send me anything - I'll download the link.
I'd better get that firmed up now, as (per our original schedule) "EI" will appear this Sunday. I mention that in case you want to change that - I'm fine with it myself.
What is current status on art for the book...? ??
Yay or Nay...?? ?
Nay. Don't worry about drawing the "Wayward Muse".
Right now, Will's given a "Nay" to your art, my preface, Stefan's introduction, and even his dedication. I got the idea he felt that his original vision was being turned into something else - sort of in the way Howard Roark's public housing design got changed by Toohey's committee - and wanted to blow all that up and get back to the original concept.
I can understand that, and live with it; if he wants to be the sole writer/artist represented, well, it is meant to be a book by and about him, his showcase. I intend to fight for the dedication, as well as some of the early poems he's cut; but that's a different story.
I'm still mulling over exactly what direction the book needs to go in, but a more streamlined volume seems to be what is needed for 2019.
As for the earlier poems... were we not planning an "Earlier Poems" volume already, George?
I can dig the Ayn Rand essence of the vision......
Rod Rexroth Jr.
2019-07-18 03:48:02 UTC
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
This one is very weird; like something done by Dali high on shrooms.
It does remind me of mescaline visuals, from long ago.
I know.....

Like a neon lit Navaho blanket....
NancyGene
2019-07-18 11:00:37 UTC
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
This one is very weird; like something done by Dali high on shrooms.
It does remind me of mescaline visuals, from long ago.
I know.....
Like a neon lit Navaho blanket....
Another example of Zid deleting his original comment and reposting the exact same comment (no change, not correcting misspellings or oaf-reasonings):

Will Dockery
2019-07-18 13:40:46 UTC
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNitO7Td7Ef1ZbcuQWOUoPG43aSjsw4D96vUAXnlHh5qgdODrj_JLo6m8iEPp69oA?key=d055QXF2QWZZc2hJWGhpNEdQMXFyUVFqVFA2YUR3

The muted Earth-tones add to that Native American/Magic Mushroom vibe, as well.
NancyGene
2019-07-18 17:53:14 UTC
The muted Earth-tones add to that Native American/Magic Mushroom vibe, as well.
Nonsense. It looks like an amoeba with teeth. Dental River can help us identify the teeth that were pulled either from Zid himself or Will (perhaps Sandy), but we see 1-16 and 17-32 glued to the canvas. There is also a crudely modeled Play-Doh dragon in the bottom right corner.
Michael Pendragon
2019-07-18 18:50:37 UTC
I see a dead duck laid out in a womb-like coffin, draped in jewels like the skeletons of kings and saints.
NancyGene
2019-07-18 19:58:13 UTC
Duck à l'orange? Who has a duck for a muse? Zid glued his jewels to the painting? This may be a companion piece to the "dick that got away."
Dental River
It's "the adult life that got away"
Rex Rodroth Jr.
Thanks...
Rex Hunter Jr.
I thank thee for looking and observing....
Will Dockery
2019-05-12 20:43:59 UTC
Perhaps we will combine the poetry with your painting again one of these days.
Zod
2019-05-12 21:32:28 UTC
Perhaps we will combine the poetry with your painting again one of these days.
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA

I would like that....

Maybe on George Dance's blog....?? ?
George J. Dance
2019-05-17 01:57:55 UTC
Perhaps we will combine the poetry with your painting again one of these days.
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
I would like that....
Maybe on George Dance's blog....?? ?
It's got nothing to do with your poem, except that it's by the same person, which is enough of a connection to include it.

Even though you're a street poet in the 3-poem series, it does make more internal sense to see you as an painter sitting by your paintings for sale; and a picture by you would reinforce that idea.
Zod
2019-05-19 08:46:49 UTC
Perhaps we will combine the poetry with your painting again one of these days.
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
I would like that....
Maybe on George Dance's blog....?? ?
It's got nothing to do with your poem, except that it's by the same person, which is enough of a connection to include it.
Even though you're a street poet in the 3-poem series, it does make more internal sense to see you as an painter sitting by your paintings for sale; and a picture by you would reinforce that idea.
I agree most assuredly............

Thanks G.D.
Brainiac Five
I thank thee G. D.
Zod
2019-05-15 03:50:18 UTC
I would almost for sure say use this one in the book since it was paited for a Doc collection from the start......
George J. Dance
2019-05-17 02:02:32 UTC
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
I would almost for sure say use this one in the book since it was paited for a Doc collection from the start......
I would for sure say no, we can't. There's no color, just black & white, inside the book; I have no idea what putting in a 4-color glossy page would cost, but it would drive the price up too high.

I don't have a picture for part II of the book. That's something I'd like to have from you, to balance off your picture of Will that opens part I. If you're interested in creating that, I'll give you the details of what's needed.
Zod
2019-05-17 08:12:28 UTC
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
I would almost for sure say use this one in the book since it was paited for a Doc collection from the start......
I would for sure say no, we can't. There's no color, just black & white, inside the book; I have no idea what putting in a 4-color glossy page would cost, but it would drive the price up too high.
I don't have a picture for part II of the book. That's something I'd like to have from you, to balance off your picture of Will that opens part I. If you're interested in creating that, I'll give you the details of what's needed.
I do understand how color costs more.......

And I know that when jacking up the price of a book the market can only bear so much.....
George J. Dance

Zod
2019-05-17 21:29:56 UTC
[...]
I am good with the plan G.D.

And I look forward to seeing the poem..................

On your blog...............
Brainiac Five

Yay or Nay...?? ?
Michael Pendragon
2019-06-09 07:46:32 UTC
Post by Brainiac Five
[...]
As far as your art is concerned, a resounding nay.

Michael Pendragon
"Memories... pressed between the pages just like fine wine...…........"
-- George "Lady Bunny" Sulzbach
Brainiac Five
Thanks for looking Pendragon................
George J. Dance
2019-06-12 22:46:01 UTC
Post by Brainiac Five
Post by George J. Dance
[...]
To make it short:
Nay. Don't worry about drawing the "Wayward Muse".

The long story:

Brainiac Five
The dedication poem for Kathy....?? ?
Will Dockery

Victor Hugo III
Correctamundo...............
Victor Hugo III
Will Dockery
The dedication poem could probably stay... as for the other poems cut, they are gone to make room for fresher, more up-to-date material.
Rex Hester Jr.
I am curious which poems have been kept and which were cut...…….
Conley Brothers
Especially when the market is zero.
Zod
I can dig that...………..
Zod
True you must keep costs low..............
General Zod
Yes... quite trues................
Will Dockery
2019-05-15 06:54:53 UTC
Sure, I like the idea, I'll let George Dance decide.

.
Zod
2019-05-15 09:40:40 UTC
If you want to go for it.....
Zod
2019-05-16 10:07:57 UTC
Use this one for sure....

If you want it....
Will Dockery
2019-05-16 20:18:56 UTC
I say that we should use this one...

Are you out there, George Dance?
Coco DeSockmonkey
2019-05-16 20:25:03 UTC
I say that we should use this one...
Are you out there, George Dance?
Poor Dunce.

We may have our disagreements, but I really feel for you on this one.
Will Dockery
2019-05-16 20:37:04 UTC
Writes Michael Pendragon, who is afraid to even show his art.
George J. Dance
2019-05-17 01:53:22 UTC
Will Dockery
2019-05-17 05:16:19 UTC
Yes, in spite of the jeering by the Pat Boone faction, this type work is quite unique, it just doesn't come along every day, and although the Boonies think it is easy, they'd find out differently if they actually did try to create a painting like Zod produces regularly.
Zod
2019-05-20 02:02:52 UTC
Thanx for feedback G.D.
Will Dockery
2019-05-27 04:03:07 UTC
Zod

Victor Hugo III
2019-06-13 04:38:26 UTC
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
This one is very weird; like something done by Dali high on shrooms.
It does remind me of mescaline visuals, from long ago.
I tried some of that many years ago.....

Put the powder..... in water and drink it
Will Dockery
2019-05-17 02:37:08 UTC
Yes, true, I didn't consider the high cost of color printing... and even our front cover is black and white.
Will Dockery
2019-05-17 20:52:40 UTC
Sounds like a good plan, George.
Zod
2019-05-18 22:12:09 UTC
In the blog today?? ?
Will Dockery
2019-05-20 00:34:11 UTC
Yes, as you know by now, your poetry did spear on the George Dance blog today.
Will Dockery
2019-05-20 22:37:26 UTC
This painting goes well with the poem.
Zod
2019-05-25 01:58:00 UTC
This painting goes well with the poem.
I thank ye Doc.........
Will Dockery
2019-05-27 02:58:36 UTC

Good one, Zod.
Zod
2019-05-29 23:57:02 UTC
I thank ye all .....

For viewing and commenting....
Victor Hugo III
Correctamundo..........
Will Dockery
2019-06-26 08:22:53 UTC
You are welcome, Zod.

:)
Rex Hester Jr.

Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-14 02:41:02 UTC
Thanks for the feedback on my art folks
Rex Hunter III
2019-07-14 22:40:51 UTC
Be not concerned over what went down in the flood...

More art and poetry is forthcoming....
Rex Hunter III
2019-07-17 09:45:18 UTC

NancyGene
2019-07-17 11:38:42 UTC
Post by Rex Hunter III
Post by General Zod
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
Be not concerned over what went down in the flood...
More art and poetry is forthcoming....
We see that you have taken up Will's dishonest practice of deleting your previous message and reposting it, just to bump up the thread. Can you think of nothing original?
------
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
Rex Hunter III <***@gmail.com>: Jul 14 03:40PM -0700

Will Dockery
2019-07-17 11:58:03 UTC
Post by Rex Hunter III
Post by General Zod
Painting #16: Shadowville Speedway
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iuyUMiZoKukLt1XNA
Be not concerned over what went down in the flood...
More art and poetry is forthcoming....
That's good news, Zod.