Edward Rochester - asshole, psychopath, or creep?
2019-02-09 20:12:21 UTC
Discuss.

"And, Mr. Rochester, if he isn’t an asshole, he’s a psychopath–or, simply creepy and duplicitous....

"Let’s consider some points against old Edward, shall we?

1. We should just get the big one out of the way. Dude keeps his first wife locked up. He never lets her out, if he can help it. “Bitch is crazy!” he cries, but that is no excuse.

2. Not only does Mr. Rochester lock Bertha up, he keeps her a secret from everyone in town–including Jane! After the truth has come out (at the altar, no less, minutes before he’s about to marry–or “marry”–Jane), Rochester insists that he was planning to tell his new wife the truth after a year and a day of marriage. Sure you were, Edward, sure you were.

3. Adele, Mr. Rochester’s little French ward, might possibly his daughter, but, you know, her mom slept around, so he’s not entertaining that notion very seriously. He’ll be her benefactor, sure, but he will never ever be her dad.

4. When Mr. Rochester has the rich guests staying with him at his estate, he goes off to attend to some business or other, and in his absence, a gypsy fortune-teller comes to read the fortunes of the ladies. Jane goes to see said gypsy in the dark library, and remarks that the woman’s face “is a strange one. It looked all brown and black: elf-locks bristled out from beneath a white band which passed under her chin, and came half over her cheeks or rather jaws.” The gypsy talks mostly of Mr. Rochester, and, surprise, surprise, she IS Rochester. That’s right, Jane’s boss has dressed up in drag, and put on a little minstrel make-up, and asked the house’s governess to kneel before him. “I wonder with what feelings you came to me to-night,” she/he says. Why Jane doesn’t throw up in her mouth a little when she discovers his little game is beyond me.

5. When dressed as a gypsy, Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he’s engaged to be married to one of the women visiting, Blanche Ingram. Later, after Jane has confessed her love, he admits that his engagement to Miss Ingram was only a ruse to get Jane to react. He basically says, “I wasn’t really going to marry her! I just wanted you to be jealous, little fairy of mine!” No matter how much of a pill Miss Ingram is, and she is a pill, this charade just seems cruel.

6. At the end of the book, Rochester is blind and maimed from the fire that ultimately destroyed Thornfield Hall and killed Bertha. (He does rescue the servants and tries to rescue his wife–I’ll give him that.) But once Jane has declared that her love for him still remains, he reveals that for the past year, he’s been wearing the pearl necklace (ahem) he had given her during their engagement.... I wouldn’t be surprised if Rochester likes to wear Jane’s underwear, too. Or, let’s be honest: Bertha’s.

7. Mr. Rochester is ugly. Before you start to yell at me, let me say this: I love that the heroine of this novel isn’t good looking. That’s interesting, refreshing, and complicated. But, you know, if a man is ugly, he has to have one hell of a personality. And if he’s going to have a fake history and a secret wife, he needs to be smokin’ hot to get away with it. (Two words: Don. Draper.)"
General Zod
2019-02-09 22:34:51 UTC
[...]
Robert Stevenson's memorable 1943 adaptation of "Jane Eyre," Welles' first film performance for another director. He starred as Rochester opposite Joan Fontaine's Jane.

Jane Eyre (Joan Fontaine) gets a job as a governess at Thornfield Manor - and finds that her rude, brooding employer Edward Rochester (Orson Welles)

Will Dockery™
2019-02-09 23:14:10 UTC
Orson Welles of course put his persona onto the character.
General Zod
2019-02-10 04:57:01 UTC
yES............
Michael Pendragon
2019-02-10 05:13:27 UTC
[...]
George Dance plagiarized this entire article from Edan Lepucki:

https://themillions.com/2010/08/mr-rochester-is-a-creep-a-list.html
Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
2019-02-10 05:40:17 UTC
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 9:13:28 PM UTC-8, FakeJewScarlotti whimpers...
Discuss.
https://themillions.com/2010/08/mr-rochester-is-a-creep-a-list.html
So speaks the psychotic. He can blow it out his goy ass. George put it in proper quotes. FakeJewScarlotti forgets that George is a poet and editor, but FJS remains a fraud

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

לעולם לא אשכח

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel ben Avraham v'Rachel Riva:
Yes, George put it in quotes... he simply forgot to credit the author he was quoting. He must be quite an editor, that George!
General Zod
2019-02-10 09:38:56 UTC
Accidents do happen....
NancyGene
2019-02-10 12:17:09 UTC
Edward is aware that Dunce is trying to stalk him. Proper measures will be put into place.
h***@gmail.com
2019-02-10 12:19:28 UTC
LOL, 'proper measures'. Measure this.
General Zod
2019-02-11 02:33:02 UTC
He is amusing..........
George J. Dance
2019-02-12 19:57:38 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 9:13:28 PM UTC-8, FakeJewScarlotti whimpers...
Discuss.
https://themillions.com/2010/08/mr-rochester-is-a-creep-a-list.html
So speaks the psychotic. He can blow it out his goy ass. George put it in proper quotes. FakeJewScarlotti forgets that George is a poet and editor, but FJS remains a fraud
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, George put it in quotes... he simply forgot to credit the author he was quoting. He must be quite an editor, that George!
Sure thing. Look at this edit:

Your admission of no plagiarism has been noted and archived and may be ignored (depending on what you do).
Michael Pendragon
2019-02-13 02:04:25 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 9:13:28 PM UTC-8, FakeJewScarlotti whimpers...
Discuss.
https://themillions.com/2010/08/mr-rochester-is-a-creep-a-list.html
So speaks the psychotic. He can blow it out his goy ass. George put it in proper quotes. FakeJewScarlotti forgets that George is a poet and editor, but FJS remains a fraud
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, George put it in quotes... he simply forgot to credit the author he was quoting. He must be quite an editor, that George!
"George Dance plagiarized this entire article from Edan Lepucki"
"Yes, George put it in quotes... he simply forgot to credit the author"
Your admission of no plagiarism has been noted and archived and may be ignored (depending on what you do).
OMFG! You're as dumb as a Dockery, Dunce!

You plagiarized the poem.

You didn't mean to... you're just a dunce. But you plagiarized it all the same.
George J. Dance
2019-02-11 09:32:19 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 9:13:28 PM UTC-8, FakeJewScarlotti whimpers...
Discuss.
https://themillions.com/2010/08/mr-rochester-is-a-creep-a-list.html
So speaks the psychotic. He can blow it out his goy ass. George put it in proper quotes. FakeJewScarlotti forgets that George is a poet and editor, but FJS remains a fraud
It's true enough that it was all properly quoted (I'll call that the Cythera defense); but of course I should have had the author and the blog on it. It can happen when one writes in the early morning.

Anyway, your intervention (and his) helped correct things. Thanks to him speaking up, I've replaced the OP with a new one, with a proper cite. And thanks to you speaking up, he's changed his charge from "plagiarized" to "simply forgot," which is true. So it looks all good.
Michael Pendragon
2019-02-11 16:58:32 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
On Saturday, February 9, 2019 at 9:13:28 PM UTC-8, FakeJewScarlotti whimpers...
Discuss.
https://themillions.com/2010/08/mr-rochester-is-a-creep-a-list.html
So speaks the psychotic. He can blow it out his goy ass. George put it in proper quotes. FakeJewScarlotti forgets that George is a poet and editor, but FJS remains a fraud
It's true enough that it was all properly quoted (I'll call that the Cythera defense); but of course I should have had the author and the blog on it. It can happen when one writes in the early morning.
Anyway, your intervention (and his) helped correct things. Thanks to him speaking up, I've replaced the OP with a new one, with a proper cite. And thanks to you speaking up, he's changed his charge from "plagiarized" to "simply forgot," which is true. So it looks all good.
Why do you lie so much, Dunce?

The charge of "plagiarism" still stands.

You failed to attribute the author and source.

Whether you failed to do so out of carelessness, or whether you'd intended to pass the work of ass your own is irrelevant.

The fact remains that you had plagiarized the work.
Brother Dave Dockery
Duly noted, and not the first time DancyPants has been cited for plagiarism along with his fiendish trio of lowlifes Dockery, Pickering, and Sulzbach. It seems thievery suits them.
Chafetz Chayim ha'Yehu'di
2019-02-11 17:31:44 UTC
Post by Brother Dave Dockery
[...]
Shalom & Boker tov...you are not David Dockery, but just another creation of the psychotic PerpWalker Nazi Gene...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

davening in the musematic dark
Will Dockery™
2019-02-11 18:04:06 UTC
George corrected the mistake, so all is good.
ME
2019-02-11 18:16:50 UTC
Post by Will Dockery™
George corrected the mistake, so all is good.
He deleted it, pissbum.
But who cares. He’s only here to deflect and defend. And this is the only pace his threads or posts get any responses.
Most of his comments are copy/paste. His ‘edits’are mostly gobbledygook and bullshit.
But I’ll take george over pickles any day. Zod’s just a sad and pitiful suck-up.
George J. Dance
2019-02-16 01:33:22 UTC
Post by Will Dockery™
George corrected the mistake, so all is good.
He deleted it, pissbum.
I replaced it with a properly cited copy, shiteater. Do you understand the difference?
Post by ME
But who cares.
- what you think? Not me.

snip
General Zod
2019-02-17 00:46:22 UTC
Gadzooks....

Will Dockery™
2019-02-11 21:06:14 UTC
George also posted a correction.
Will Dockery™
2019-02-13 02:10:24 UTC
That is hilarious, a gay laming misogynistic fool calls someone else "dumb".

:)
Will Dockery™
2019-02-10 06:58:43 UTC
Thanks, good find, George Dance.
George J. Dance
2019-02-11 09:06:03 UTC
It's interesting to me who NG keeps coming up for role models: first the kidnapper, then the stalker and break-in artist, now this.
George J. Dance
2019-02-11 09:02:57 UTC
[...]
Edan Lepucki, "Mr. Rochester is a Creep: A List"
The Millions, Aug. 20, 2010.
https://themillions.com/2010/08/mr-rochester-is-a-creep-a-list.html