Ganesha Girl on Rankin / Will Dockery (Jan. 2005)
2019-07-29 21:01:59 UTC
Playgrounds Magazine / January 2005 issue:

https://issuu.com/willdockery/docs/012005playgroundsall/18

Page 18:
Right on topic, here's the original publication of "Ganesha Girl on Rankin", originally titled "Elephant Girl on Rankin", a poem by Will Dockery.
Rex Entwhistle
2019-07-30 02:21:51 UTC
Good one, Doc.....
Edward Rochester Esq.
2019-07-30 02:22:57 UTC
https://issuu.com/willdockery/docs/012005playgroundsall/18
Right on topic, here's the original publication of "Ganesha Girl on Rankin", originally titled "Elephant Girl on Rankin", a poem by Will Dockery.
When, in your miserable life, did you go wrong? Was it after your wife ran?
After your first 'trip'? After your children x'd you out as 'daddy'? After the GED? After pizza delivery? After moving in with your brother (and his monthly check)

A man in his sixties, posting the same junk over and over.

Is this 14 year old story, meant to impress? Supposed to change all our thoughts of your failures? Do you really believe you're successful? Do you not know, your social security will not carry the day. Are you aware you will end up by the river as your best buddy does...happy for a sip of wine by the river and campfire.

Do you think yourself the next 'poet' to be revered or are you aware in the middle of the night, you're just a caged monkey, visitors passing by to laugh as you shell peanuts and make funny sounds.

If rumors are correct, Pickles has died. That leaves you with the admiration of a homeless drunk and a guy from Canada who sweats over a blocked up blog needing a good industrial strength cleaning.

Keep trying, keep posting the old stuff, we'll keep laughing.

Pickles has supposedly passed...reach out to your children, make your apologies for your DNA...they might forgive you, blood being thicker than water, they say. It isn't too late.
Will Dockery
2019-08-07 06:00:11 UTC
Thanks for the scrutiny and feedback, General Zod.
Johnny Galt
Worth a bump I daresay.....
Johnny Galt
A class act all around....
Will Dockery
2019-08-11 07:44:22 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Right on topic, here's the original publication of "Ganesha Girl on Rankin", originally titled "Elephant Girl on Rankin", a poem by Will Dockery.
A good read....
Thanks for reading ad commenting, General Zod.
Will Dockery
2019-07-30 02:32:37 UTC
Thanks Zod, no thanks, Rochester.

πŸ˜‰
Edward Rochester Esq.

Will Dockery
2019-07-30 02:37:33 UTC
Like I said...

πŸ˜‰
Edward Rochester Esq.

Johnny Galt
2019-08-06 02:47:43 UTC
Post by Edward Rochester Esq.
Post by Will Dockery
Like I said...
πŸ˜‰
When, in your
Better watch it Rochester r Peter J. Ross may report you to Google Gro9ups....
Michael Pendragon
Shut up, Todd.
Johnny Galt
2019-08-11 03:57:33 UTC
Why do you repeat the same post, you silly little man...?
George J. Dance
2019-08-11 10:55:28 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
Post by Edward Rochester Esq.
When, in your
Why do you repeat the same post, you silly little man...?
Because Jim Obsesso aka "Edward Rochester" is a spamtroll. That's what spamtrolls do: they post the same thing over and over into multiple threads (spamming) to disrupt whatever discussions are going on in them (trolling).

Obsesso started spamtrolling the group in 2018, spamming a personal attack on Stephan Pickering that NastyGene had written dozens, possibly hundreds, of times. After he started spamming that shit into the threads I was on, I asked him to stop; and he just kept spamming the same shit. To get him to stop, I had to start counter-spamming the same shit back into his "poetry" threads (yes, he was pretending to write "poetry" in those days).

That did make him stop. Of course he had a meltdown about my counter-spamming, demanding that I take his poems out of /April/ magazine and (later) that I take the article about him off; but that was no big loss.
Hieronymous Corey
2019-08-11 11:02:28 UTC
Question: Isn't the Socratic method what got Socrates killed? Why would anybody want to do that?
Michael Pendragon
2019-08-11 16:38:03 UTC
Question: Isn't the Socratic method what got Socrates killed? Why would anybody want to do that?
It wasn't his method of questioning that brought about his death so much as his publicly denying the existence of the Greek gods, which was a capital offense.

One might counter that it was his method which led him to question the gods in the first place, however it was not his method that prompted him to make his conclusions known.
Will Dockery
2019-08-11 18:44:34 UTC
Question: Isn't the Socratic method what got Socrates killed? Why would anybody want to do that?
Which, ask the questions or kill Socrates?
Will Dockery
Oh, and what a spectacular melt-down it was...
Rex Hunter Jr.
What a fool that Rochester is...........
Will Dockery
At least he seems to know his limitations these days.
Rex Warren Jr.
2019-08-02 20:52:44 UTC
Thanks Zod, no thanks, Rochester.
πŸ˜‰
Thou art most welcome Sahib....

High-yo...!
Will Dockery
2019-08-06 21:02:10 UTC
Post by Rex Warren Jr.
Post by Will Dockery
Thanks Zod, no thanks, Rochester.
πŸ˜‰
Thou art most welcome Sahib....
http://youtu.be/TwcfDa0gEPQ
High-yo...!
Ed McMahon, one of the classic sidekicks of comedy.
Johnny Galt
And now, heeeeeeeere's Doc....
Michael Pendragon
Shut up, Todd.
Michael Pendragon
Shut up, Todd.
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-14 03:28:48 UTC
Ha ha ha...
Will Dockery
2019-07-30 02:40:41 UTC
Run along now, Rochester... I hear Jack Benny calling for you.

πŸ˜‰
Rex Entwhistle
2019-07-30 03:25:46 UTC
Good one, Doc.....
Will Dockery
2019-07-30 07:20:34 UTC
Coco DeSockmonkey
2019-07-30 17:35:36 UTC
A good read....
Shut up, Todd.
Rex Entwhistle
2019-07-30 23:32:49 UTC
Post by Coco DeSockmonkey
A good read....
Shut up
You first you stupid motherfucking troll.......
Rex Warren Jr.
Not a problem....
Will Dockery
More to come... nearly twenty years, twelve issues a year, Playgrounds Magazine makes a great history o the local arts scene from the 1990s to the present.
Johnny Galt
2019-08-05 02:41:13 UTC
Looking forward....
Will Dockery
2019-07-30 21:44:03 UTC
Thanks for reading ad commenting, Zod.
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-12 03:18:28 UTC
Getting this back to the poetry where we belong....
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-13 04:09:38 UTC
A true classic....
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-13 23:36:22 UTC
A classic from the Mid years... poetry just before the song....
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-14 23:50:35 UTC
Was this one of them?