To the Sea Angel / Will Dockery (1997)
W***@none.i2p
2019-09-15 19:26:23 UTC

2019-09-15 21:27:00 UTC
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
Another of what must have a place in my TOP 100...........
Will Dockery
2019-09-16 11:52:02 UTC
Post by High Number
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Thanks for reading and commenting, H.N.
Perry Winkle
Right to the on Doc...……...
Will Dockery
2019-09-22 04:56:00 UTC
Post by Perry Winkle
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
Right to the on Doc...……...
Thanks for the nod, Zod.

2019-09-22 06:05:12 UTC
Post by Perry Winkle
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
Right to the on Doc...……...
Thanks for the nod, Zod.
;)
Another great favorite....
H***@novabbs.i2p
2020-01-27 20:36:26 UTC
All time fave....
k***@gmail.com
2020-03-07 07:31:04 UTC
Post by Perry Winkle
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Was "choral" supposed to be a pun or is it a misspelling?
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Perry Winkle
Post by W***@none.i2p
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
Right to the on Doc...……...
Thanks for the nod, Zod.
2020-03-07 11:12:15 UTC
ktellefsen2 wrote on Sat, 07 March 2020 07:31
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Was "choral" supposed to be a pun or is it a misspelling?
Post by Will Dockery
Post by W***@none.i2p
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
Right to the on Doc............
Thanks for the nod, Zod.
;)
I always read it as intentional since it is "in his mind".......
Peter J Ross
2020-03-08 19:05:34 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Fri, 6 Mar 2020 23:31:04 -0800 (PST),
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Was "choral" supposed to be a pun or is it a misspelling?
You're asking the question of somebody who sometimes spells the
definite article "thee".

μεγάλη ἡ ἀλήθεια καὶ ὑπερισχύει.
- Esdras A 4.41
Will Dockery
2020-03-08 19:15:45 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Was "choral" supposed to be a pun or is it a misspelling?
You're asking the question of somebody who sometimes spells the
definite article "thee".
μεγάλη ἡ ἀλήθεια καὶ ὑπερισχύει.
- Esdras A 4.41
One typo, I typed "thee" just once, yet PJR never forgets.

I wonder if PJR remembers the time he referred to Paul McCartney as "Sir Paulm"?

No kidding, the supposedly perfect Peter J. Ross actually did that.

2020-03-08 19:58:45 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Was "choral" supposed to be a pun or is it a misspelling?
Post by W***@none.i2p
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
I read it as a pun. The poem's addressing someone (presumably a female partner) who left the speaker because he couldn't "stay happy" - so the question comes up: what was preventing him? Reading "brain choral" provided an answer: I interpreted it to mean the musical fixation cluttering up his mind, like the barnacles encrusting all over the shell (with the idea that it's his musical obsession - the fact he couldn't just forget all that and "stay happy" just being with her = is why she left him).
Z***@none.i2p
By George, you have nailed it, G.D.
k***@gmail.com
Thanks George
Will Dockery
2020-03-11 06:39:55 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by W***@none.i2p
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
I read it as a pun. The poem's addressing someone (presumably a female partner) who left the speaker because he couldn't "stay happy" - so the question comes up: what was preventing him? Reading "brain choral" provided an answer: I interpreted it to mean the musical fixation cluttering up his mind, like the barnacles encrusting all over the shell (with the idea that it's his musical obsession - the fact he couldn't just forget all that and "stay happy" just being with her = is why she left him).
Thanks George
Thanks for your interest, Karen.

2020-03-09 00:28:56 UTC
Post by W***@none.i2p
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
I read it as a pun. The poem's addressing someone (presumably a female partner) who left the speaker because he couldn't "stay happy" - so the question comes up: what was preventing him? Reading "brain choral" provided an answer: I interpreted it to mean the musical fixation cluttering up his mind, like the barnacles encrusting all over the shell (with the idea that it's his musical obsession - the fact he couldn't just forget all that and "stay happy" just being with her = is why she left him).
Yes, sadly, that's how it went down... since I no longer discuss personal matters, we can let the poem tell the story.

:(
G Terrance Zod
The poems suffice, my friend...
Peter J Ross
2020-03-16 16:03:40 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 8 Mar 2020 17:28:56 -0700 (PDT),
Post by Will Dockery
I no longer discuss personal matters
On the contrary, you never discuss anything else, except when you
become hopelessly obsessed with one of your Usenet opponent's personal
life.

The very first post of yours I saw (and replied to) today was all
about your personal life as a shiftless drunken bum.

μεγάλη ἡ ἀλήθεια καὶ ὑπερισχύει.
- Esdras A 4.41
m***@yahoo.com
The only story your "poems" tell are ones of drug addiction, alcoholism and quite possibly some brain damage as a result of the two.
Z***@none.i2p
Your lack of reading comprehension is noted, Dink....
Z***@none.i2p
2020-02-23 03:39:15 UTC
Will Dockery wrote on Mon, 16 September 2019 11:52
Post by High Number
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
Another of what must have a place in my TOP 100...........
Thanks for reading and commenting, H.H.
Right on,,,,,
G Terrance Zod
Right on....
G Terrance Zod
2020-03-17 02:04:47 UTC
Post by High Number
Post by W***@none.i2p
To the Sea Angel
Riptide waves,
there goes the sea angel,
right above the waves.
These mystery years,
where would I be without them?
What if I'd stayed happy?
Years lost,
these last few I've played catch up,
drifting from the shore.
Barnacles on an olive shell,
brain choral in my mind.
Instrumental tune,
made by the incoming waves.
I tossed a starfish back in,
watched it twirl away,
and thought of you.
-Will Dockery 1997
Another of what must have a place in my TOP 100...........
Thanks for reading and commenting, H.N.
One of your best, Doc.....

H***@novabbs.i2p
2020-02-08 23:12:48 UTC
Keeping this group on poetry, here is another good one from Doc....
H***@novabbs.i2p
2020-03-07 07:02:20 UTC
Will-Dockery wrote on Sun, 15 September 2019 19:26
Another top shelf work from the Doc....
H***@novabbs.i2p
Exactly....
Z***@none.i2p
2020-03-16 18:07:25 UTC
--
PJR :)
μεγάλη ἡ ἀλήθεια καὶ ὑπερισχύει.
- Esdras A 4.41
"when you
become hopelessly obsessed with one of your Usenet opponent's personal
life...."

That's pretty funny, coming from you, PJR....

Ha ha ha .....!!

! !