50 year ago...
Add Reply
Ron Roach
2019-08-02 17:09:36 UTC
50 years ago: The New York Mets won the World Series.
https://stephenjaymorrisblog.tumblr.com/
Rex Warren Jr.
2019-08-02 21:41:22 UTC
1969 Was a very good year.....
George J. Dance
2019-08-03 00:21:51 UTC
Post by Rex Warren Jr.
1969 Was a very good year.....
Let's do 1969 as the theme for this week's Dancehall.
Edward Rochester Esq.
2019-08-03 00:37:34 UTC
Post by Rex Warren Jr.
1969 Was a very good year.....
Let's do 1969 as the theme for this week's Dancehall.
I do hope you include this cunt face:

1969: Deaths in Vietnam, 11,780

Full facts:

http://www.history-of-american-wars.com/vietnam-war-casualties.html

Care to dance, Dunce
George J. Dance
2019-08-03 01:52:39 UTC
Post by Edward Rochester Esq.
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Rex Warren Jr.
1969 Was a very good year.....
Let's do 1969 as the theme for this week's Dancehall.
If you can suggest something of yours that I can use. Or post it into the thread yourself.
Post by Edward Rochester Esq.
1969: Deaths in Vietnam, 11,780
http://www.history-of-american-wars.com/vietnam-war-casualties.html
According to that page, 11,780 is the number of U.S. military deaths in Vietnam. Why aren't you counting:
* ARVN deaths
* VC / NVA deaths
* other forces deaths
* South Vietnamese civilians
* North Vietnamese civilians?

Do you think they weren't "real" deaths of human beings? Or that they don't count for some other reason?
You want to obsess with me for a change, Obsesso, then feel free to obsess.
Rex Warren Jr.
2019-08-03 04:00:56 UTC
Post by Rex Warren Jr.
1969 Was a very good year.....
Let's do 1969 as the theme for this week's Dancehall.
Great idea....

I will start with my favorite of Cash first heard in 1969.....

A Boy Named Sue...…………...
Warren Peace III
2019-08-03 20:39:32 UTC
This starts.... today....??
George J. Dance
2019-08-04 05:07:39 UTC
Alas, I was out all day, for at least 12 hours, and didn't get home until 20 minutes or so. So it'll be next week.
General Zod
Tomorrow will be good, as 1969 will be a blockbuster of a thread, I predict.....
George J. Dance
2019-08-04 10:29:48 UTC
Post by Warren Peace III
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Rex Warren Jr.
1969 Was a very good year.....
Let's do 1969 as the theme for this week's Dancehall.
This starts.... today....??
Alas, I was out all day, for at least 12 hours, and didn't get home until 20 minutes or so. So it'll be next week.
Tomorrow will be good, as 1969 will be a blockbuster of a thread, I predict.....
You want me to start SND on a Sunday morning? Well, OK, as next week I'll have moved on to something else anyway, and it will be a good thread. So I'll open something today.

Just to warn you, I'll be out most of the day, so I'll drop out early.
Will Dockery
2019-08-04 10:33:27 UTC
Start it out with "In The Year 2525" one of the most memorable songs of Summer !969.
George J. Dance
2019-08-04 13:09:58 UTC
Start it out with "In The Year 2525" one of the most memorable songs of Summer !969.
I started it with Iggy's "1969" of course. Thank you for adding "2525"; you inspired me to add 2 more of my own already.
George J. Dance
2019-08-04 13:12:43 UTC
Now let's turn this thread back to discussion. I wonder if anyone from NGBS - Pig Pen, NastyGene, or even mini-ME - cares to defend Jim Obsesso's claim that there were less than 12,000 deaths in the Vietnam War in 1969. Quite frankly, I found his claim had racist and even fascist connotations.
Will Dockery
2019-08-04 13:17:02 UTC
Mr. Rochester is on a roll this morning, so I expect he'll be here to spew his delusions of normalcy here soon... heh.
Edward Rochester Esq.
2019-08-04 13:53:26 UTC
Start it out with "In The Year 2525" one of the most memorable songs of Summer !969.
I started it with Iggy's "1969" of course. Thank you for adding "2525"; you inspired me to add 2 more of my own already.
Now let's turn this thread back to discussion. I wonder if anyone from NGBS - Pig Pen, NastyGene, or even mini-ME - cares to defend Jim Obsesso's claim that there were less than 12,000 deaths in the Vietnam War in 1969. Quite frankly, I found his claim had racist and even fascist connotations.
So silly cunt face...I posted all the stats, mine was focused on American deaths for the year 1969.

Go eat your wife..
George J. Dance
2019-08-04 14:03:17 UTC
Start it out with "In The Year 2525" one of the most memorable songs of Summer !969.
I started it with Iggy's "1969" of course. Thank you for adding "2525"; you inspired me to add 2 more of my own already.
Now let's turn this thread back to discussion. I wonder if anyone from NGBS - Pig Pen, NastyGene, or even mini-ME - cares to defend Jim Obsesso's claim that there were less than 12,000 deaths in the Vietnam War in 1969. Quite frankly, I found his claim had racist and even fascist connotations.
So silly cunt face... I posted all the stats, mine was focused on American deaths for the year 1969.
And you pretended they were all "the deaths" from the war that year: as if only Americans counted as people, or as if only the U.S. military counted.
Go eat your wife..
This from Jim Obsesso, whose only claim to artistic fame is that he once got John Lennon's sloppy seconds. As they say, "Consider the source of all the comments."
Edward Rochester Esq.
2019-08-04 14:08:54 UTC
[...]
I have no idea waht you are talking about..but anyway:

I do hope you include this cunt face:

1969: Deaths in Vietnam, 11,780

Full facts:

http://www.history-of-american-wars.com/vietnam-war-casualties.html

I assume you can read FULL FACTS with those beady eyes..

now you go and eat your wife..
General Zod
2019-08-04 22:01:33 UTC
Start it out with "In The Year 2525" one of the most memorable songs of Summer !969.
I started it with Iggy's "1969" of course. Thank you for adding "2525"; you inspired me to add 2 more of my own already.
Now let's turn this thread back to discussion. I wonder if anyone from NGBS - Pig Pen, NastyGene, or even mini-ME - cares to defend Jim Obsesso's claim that there were less than 12,000 deaths in the Vietnam War in 1969. Quite frankly, I found his claim had racist and even fascist connotations.
The trolls seem to be avoi8ding this thread...…

Wonder why...??
Will Dockery
2019-08-11 19:52:10 UTC
Start it out with "In The Year 2525" one of the most memorable songs of Summer !969.
I started it with Iggy's "1969" of course. Thank you for adding "2525"; you inspired me to add 2 more of my own already.
Now let's turn this thread back to discussion. I wonder if anyone from NGBS - Pig Pen, NastyGene, or even mini-ME - cares to defend Jim Obsesso's claim that there were less than 12,000 deaths in the Vietnam War in 1969. Quite frankly, I found his claim had racist and even fascist connotations.
The trolls seem to be avoiding this thread...…
Wonder why...??
Oh, the sleazy trolls will stay clear of this thread, no doubt.

2019-08-06 07:00:27 UTC
Start it out with "In The Year 2525" one of the most memorable songs of Summer !969.
I started it with Iggy's "1969" of course. Thank you for adding "2525"; you inspired me to add 2 more of my own already.
Now let's turn this thread back to discussion. I wonder if anyone from NGBS - Pig Pen, NastyGene, or even mini-ME - cares to defend Jim Obsesso's claim that there were less than 12,000 deaths in the Vietnam War in 1969. Quite frankly, I found his claim had racist and even fascist connotations.
Interestingly, another one none of the trolls see to be willing to take on.

;)
Johnny Galt
2019-08-06 08:15:12 UTC
That Rochester is one smarmy little toad indeed.....
Will Dockery
2019-08-04 23:52:09 UTC
Good selections.
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-13 23:38:47 UTC
Post by Rex Warren Jr.
1969 Was a very good year.....
Let's do 1969 as the theme for this week's Dancehall.

Song
The Other Side Of This Life (Altamont Festival, 06.12.69)

Artist
Jefferson Airplane

Album
Altamont Festival
Will Dockery
2019-08-03 01:45:41 UTC
Yes, Summer of 1969 had some amazing music.
Will Dockery
2019-08-03 23:58:55 UTC
Iggy Pop first with Stooges was also in 1969.
Will Dockery
2019-08-04 22:20:07 UTC
Oh, the sleazy trolls will stay clear of this thread, no doubt.

:)
Johnny Galt
2019-08-06 23:43:51 UTC
Yep...
Will Dockery
2019-08-09 22:31:32 UTC
Post by Ron Roach
50 years ago: The New York Mets won the World Series.
https://stephenjaymorrisblog.tumblr.com/
Johnny Cash was at the top of the music charts:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157905074284363&set=gm.2356513717731293&type=3&theater&ifg=1

WDAK 540 AM
COLUMBUS, GEORGIA

Week: 07/31/69
Format: T40 Big Johnny Reb
HIT PARADE WDAK '69
Channel 54 / Columbus

WEEK OF JULY 31 -- AUGUST 6

1 4 JOHNNY CASH A BOY NAMED SUE
2 1 JACKIE DESHANNON PUT A LITTLE LOVE IN YOUR HEART
3 6 TONY JOE WHITE POLK SALAD ANNIE
4 2 ZAGER & EVANS IN THE YEAR 2525 (EXORDIUM & TERMINUS)
5 3 ARCHIES SUGAR SUGAR
6 5 BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS SPINNING WHEEL
7 29 ROLLING STONES HONKY TONK WOMEN
8 23 GRASS ROOTS WAIT A MILLION YEARS
9 11 JOHNNY RIVERS MUDDY RIVER
10 9 TOMMY JAMES & SHONDELLS CRYSTAL BLUE PERSUASION
11 12 SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES DOGGONE RIGHT
12 28 BOX TOPS SOUL DEEP
13 13 JR. WALKER & THE ALL STARS WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO WIN YOUR LOVE
14 18 JAMES BROWN MOTHER POPCORN (YOU GOT TO HAVE A MOTHER FOR ME)
15 15 EMOTIONS SO I CAN LOVE YOU
16 22 MARK LINDSAY FIRST HYMN FROM GRAND TERRACE
17 14 BILLY JOE ROYAL CHERRY HILL PARK
18 17 NEIL DIAMOND SWEET CAROLINE (GOOD TIMES NEVER SEEMED SO GOOD)
19 25 5TH DIMENSION WORKING ON A GROOVY THING
20 8 JOHN LENNON / PLASTIC ONO BAND GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
21 31 CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL GREEN RIVER
22 7 CHARLES RANDOLPH GREAN SOUND QUENTIN'S THEME
23 14 JOHNNY ADAMS RECONSIDER ME
24 TOMMY ROE JACK & JILL
25 23 UNDERGROUND SUNSHINE BIRTHDAY
26 GUESS WHO LAUGHING
27 CLARENCE CARTER FEELING IS RIGHT
28 LOU RAWLS YOUR GOOD THING IS ABOUT TO END
29 -- BOB DYLAN LAY LADY LAY
30 ARETHA FRANKLIN SHARE YOUR LOVE WITH ME
31 THE RUGBYS YOU, I
32 LETTERMEN HURT SO BAD
33 ROY CLARK YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS YOUNG
34 GLEN CAMPBELL TRUE GRIT
35 TOM JONES I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
36 -- ILLUSION DID YOU SEE HER EYES
37 -- YOUNGBLOODS GET TOGETHER
38 -- DICK MILES THE DEAL
39 -- CROSBY, STILLS & NASH MARRAKESH EXPRESS
40 -- EDDIE FLOYD & MAVIS STAPLES AIN'T THAT GOOD

WDAK BEST SELLING LPS
1 JOHNNY CASH SAN QUENTIN
2 5TH DIMENSION AQUARIUS
3 HENRY MANCINI WARM SHADE OF IVORY

WDAK TOP THREE REQUESTS
1. Put a Little Love in Your Heart
2. Polk Salad Annie
3. A Boy Named Sue

Contributed by: Tim Warden (Friday, January 9, 2004) — with Jack Snipe and George Dance at WDAK News Radio 540.

And... that's the name of that tune.

:)
Admiral Fripp
Interesting list of hits.... I would like to compare with my own hometown radio list....
André Hugo
So much wonderment to be found in the music world of my youth.....
Will Dockery
2019-08-11 04:58:14 UTC
I have wanted to compare local music charts with national ones.
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-11 21:40:08 UTC
I have wanted to compare local music charts with national ones.
There are many ouyt there on the web.....