Wise thoughts from Antti L.
2020-06-14 21:32:00 UTC
Michael, you just described the insurmountable odds he is fighting.
Can you imagine the mental state a person is in after being homeless for years?
Add possible addiction problems, age and the truth is. The state should help him.
But in US people believe in this dogshit notion of overcoming your problems. Mostly said by people who have overcome some minor problems and then make one massive mistake.
They think other people are just like them.
I would have been dead in US.
People like Zod need benefits. Medical and state sponsored. As you guys ridicule him for serving 4 years in the navy. My question to you is. How many years did you guys serve? How many years did the draft dodging president serve.
Zod is a human being. Not a butt of a joke. He is a human being deserving human treatment. Instead you snicker at him for living under a tarp.
Why is he living under a tarp, instead of in a state sponsored house? Because it would cost you in taxes?
Meanwhile US debt is 26 trillion dollars.
Money is printer brrrrr when the rich need it, when the poor are dying on the street. Fuggetabout it.
You could easily afford a little bit more human treatment for people like Zod. Former vet who may have been discharged early. But hell. The man served 4 years and lives under a damn tarp.
Lack of equality is the reason why people protest in US. Zod is a living proof of that lack. His life matters too.
Antti
I thank you, Antti, and moved to a new thread so they can't bury it as easily...
Michael Pendragon
2020-06-14 22:09:38 UTC
Michael, you just described the insurmountable odds he is fighting.
The point is that he's not fighting them, Antti.
He's proclaimed himself a "Dharma Bum," posts pictures of himself proudly displaying his tarp, and boasts about how he's living high on the hog from the food stamps he gets from the Government.
Can you imagine the mental state a person is in after being homeless for years?
Add possible addiction problems, age and the truth is. The state should help him.
The state does help him. And his brother in Florida has offered to take him in. But neither the state nor his brother can force him to accept their help.
But in US people believe in this dogshit notion of overcoming your problems. Mostly said by people who have overcome some minor problems and then make one massive mistake.
They think other people are just like them.
If you've read his posts, you'll see that there are literally hundreds of them telling us how he's enjoying his "well-earned retirement" by sitting in his tent, enjoying his view of the river, cooking some steak on his "campfire," and swilling his bottle of wine.
He finishes off each of these posts with a proclamation that "Life is good."
I would have been dead in US.
People like Zod need benefits. Medical and state sponsored. As you guys ridicule him for serving 4 years in the navy. My question to you is. How many years did you guys serve? How many years did the draft dodging president serve.
I also served in the Navy. Jim fought in Vietnam. Neither of us are ridiculing him for his years of service.
And you're mistaken about Stink. People like him readily take the benefits that enable them to sustain their chosen lifestyle (food stamps, free coffee and showers from the Safe House, etc.) while they turn down offers from family to take them in/help them combat their addictions.
Zod is a human being. Not a butt of a joke. He is a human being deserving human treatment. Instead you snicker at him for living under a tarp.
If he wishes to be treated with respect, he needs to respect the wishes of others.
When Stink first began posting here, he was met with kindness and civility from all. Jim even sent him money (but let's not reopen that can of worms). He made himself unwelcome here by constantly bumping posts -- even numerous, polite requests that he cut down on his number of posts.
Why is he living under a tarp, instead of in a state sponsored house? Because it would cost you in taxes?
His brother (who, one presumes, is living in a house) has offered to take him in. He claims to hold a bus ticket to his brother's town in Florida, but *chooses* to remain in his tarp.
Meanwhile US debt is 26 trillion dollars.
Which is an argument against supporting freeloaders.
Money is printer brrrrr when the rich need it, when the poor are dying on the street. Fuggetabout it.
This isn't a question of rich vs poor, Antti.
Stink has chosen to live the way he does.
He doesn't have to work. He can sit and watch the sunset on the Chattahoochee every evening and he can party around the "campfire" every night with Dirty Mike and Loretta singing and dancing for his entertainment.
I agree with you that the Government should provide shelter, food, medicine, clothing for those in trouble. I also believe that the Government should actively work to find them suitable jobs so that they can return to their former place in society.
But the Government cannot forcefully take the mentally ill off of the streets, and force them to receive treatment. They should have the authority to do this, but the Liberal faction feels that it is a violation of human rights.
So nut-jobs like Stink are permitted to live under tarps, and to subsist on free coffee and food stamps. And there is nothing we can do to remedy this without surrendering what has been mistakenly perceived to be one of our human rights.
You could easily afford a little bit more human treatment for people like Zod. Former vet who may have been discharged early. But hell. The man served 4 years and lives under a damn tarp.
And so I have. I was most cordial to Stink when he first arrived here. And I treated him politely for well over a year. As previously noted, any animosity toward Stink was brought on by his actions over time -- not due to any prejudices against the homeless or mentally ill.
Lack of equality is the reason why people protest in US. Zod is a living proof of that lack. His life matters too.
I disagree. Stink's life doesn't matter.
Stink has chosen to drop out of society (while continuing to exploit it).
He has chosen not to matter.
Not only has he chosen not to matter, but he's chosen to make a nuisance of himself here.
He'll get no pity from me.
Zod
2020-06-14 22:14:00 UTC
Michael, you just described the insurmountable odds he is fighting.
The point is that he's xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You do not have the right to speak for me, Pendragon.....

Edward Rochester Esq.
2020-06-14 23:31:45 UTC
[...]

My Grand Pappy
by ER

Never, he said, ever fall
for the con artists in life
but I didn't listen,
sending some money to a stranger,
a stranger that beat his friends brother
with a pipe.

But he was homeless, I said to myself,
licking that envelope and sending off
a bit of help.

Now this real close friend of his
took that small donation and filled
his fat cheeks with it, along with
this Zod dude and brother.

This real close friend of his has a roof
over his head, shares it with a brother
who gets a check from the government
being a bit disabled.

I'm not sure why his real close friend
doesn't offer a space, but does pay this Zod
to mow the lawn with his brothers money.

This Zod guy has a brother in Florida,
been telling ud he has a ticket to ride
but doesn't use it. Seems the brother's wife
doesn't want him around.

This Zod guy went to the VA but I don't think
he was accepted or at least gets anything from them
though he has a shower day and soup line and gadget
to post here 24/7.

This Zod fellow boasts about Kerouac
wanting the life style of a Dharma Bum.

This Zod guy feeds us poems and art
as he collects bottles for smokes
and does the cha cha with Loretta,
his Chattahoochee love.

Now we are told to have some compassion,
for this Zod guy who tells us his life is
the good life.

So be it, Zod man..enjoy the sweet ride
Heathcliff
2020-06-14 23:57:04 UTC
Post by Edward Rochester Esq.
[...]
This
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post by Edward Rochester Esq.
My Grand Pappy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well lokahere, if it isn't Jim "Senile" Senetto to blubber away with more of his obsessive dementia and violent day dreams….

Ha ha ha...
Edward Rochester Esq.

Heathcliff
2020-06-15 00:09:50 UTC
Michael, you just described the insurmountable odds he is fighting.
You must be really feeling the senility today, Senetto….

You already posted your drooling rant here...

Ha ha ha....
Edward Rochester Esq.

Heathcliff
2020-06-15 00:12:59 UTC
On Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 5:11:16 PM UTC-7, Edward Rochester Esq. wrote:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Take your anti-dementia meds, Rochester, and get some rest... you seem more feeble than usual tonight...

Ha ha ha...
Edward Rochester Esq.

General Zod
2020-06-15 00:25:18 UTC
Post by Heathcliff
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jim "Senile" Senetto shows more signs of senility... endlessly repeating himself...
Read what Anti wrote, and learn something, my feeble minded friend...
Edward Rochester Esq.
Oh, Mr. Zod. If your read it close enough, you are to be pitied rather than ridiculed. I do not pity someone whose dreams have come true.
Zod
*******
Edward Rochester Esq.
2020-06-15 00:51:06 UTC
Post by Zod
[...]
No you didn't you silly man.

I know the homeless, you aren't one, you're a leech under the homeless guise, playing the system for all you can get. I wish you all the luck in the world.
Edward Rochester Esq.
Silly fuck, this in regards to Anti and his post. Bottoms up.
Zod
Edward Rochester Esq.
Pity, you could have learned something.
Zod
2020-06-15 01:25:00 UTC
[...]
learned something xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From a feeble minded fuckhead such as you, I have learned not to pay attention to your demented, senile rants and violent thoughts, Rochester...

With all due respect...
Edward Rochester Esq.
2020-06-15 01:29:10 UTC
[...]
From a feeble minded fuckhead such as you, I have learned not to pay attention to your demented, senile rants and violent thoughts, Rochester...
With all due respect...
I can see that. Now you drink up that wine and get some well earned sleep.
Zod
2020-06-15 01:37:00 UTC
[...]
From a feeble minded fuckhead such as you, I have learned not to pay attention to your demented, senile rants and violent thoughts, Rochester...
With all due respect...
I can see that. Now you drink up that wine xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Again, that shows how ignorant you are of me and my life, Senile Senetto...

I have been in a non-drinking phase for the past couple of weeks, as I often do from time to time...

A little known fact is that I stopped drinking in the Navy, and remained a non drinker until well into 1994...

Now, take your Anti-Dementia meds and get some rest, you seem more feeble minded than usual tonight...

Ha ha ha....