Morning Of My Life / Will Dockery
2019-03-23 05:05:06 UTC
You made a good move catching that Greyhound down to Miami (Just like
Ratso
in Midnight Cowboy) because the weather keeps getting more wintery by
the
moment here.
One of my favorite films.
Yes, you've told us how you identify with Joe Buck...
Will Dockery
2019-03-23 05:09:30 UTC
In some ways I do.
Will Dockery™
2019-03-23 06:00:20 UTC
And thanks for reading and commenting, Pendragon.

😊
General Zod
2019-03-23 06:09:57 UTC
You made a good move catching that Greyhound down to Miami (Just like
Ratso
in Midnight Cowboy) because the weather keeps getting more wintery by
the
moment here.
One of my favorite films.
Yes, you've told us how you identify with Joe Buck...
The story has great resonance.....

Big dreams... big chances taken....

Big falls from grace.....
Will Dockery
2019-03-24 20:19:58 UTC
Fine lyrics Will. It's hard to say something new in a love song, but you
have, and you've expressed it well.
I appreciate the feedback, Tom.
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-02 00:58:45 UTC
Seconded and agreed.....
Will Dockery
2019-04-01 04:16:12 UTC
Thanks for reading and commenting, folks.

2019-04-07 03:55:11 UTC
All joking aside, Zod would be perfect for the Dustin Hoffman role as
Ratso... get him a shave and some more old school clothing and he's there.
"I'm walking, here!"
I can dig it man......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlmgmR4a4g

That's it...
Pentagram
2019-10-11 00:13:53 UTC
https://soundcloud.com/will-dockery/morning-of-my-life-will-dockery
Morning Of My Life
Walking down my street
she shakes her head
in the summer heat
we met back at
Richards Junior High.
Talking to the Grass-man
all about the Taxman
I never wanted to
have to say goodbye.
She walked right in
into the morning of my life.
All around the curfew
barefoot in the wet dew
we chased a dream
we could never realize.
Talking about Black Betty
I felt like J. Paul Getty
I never knew a kiss
could get me this high.
She walked right past
through the morning of my life.
When she sang that song to me
her secret longing to be free
on the corner
in soft summer rain.
Bought America in a jar
filled with samples from afar
I felt her vibe shake me
like a steam train.
She walked right through
deep in the morning of my life.
She shook me
she really woke me up.
Perfect sky
and her big blue eyes.
She smiled my blues away
pretty baby I wish
you could have stayed.
Then she kind of moved away
life called
and we could not stay.
Sweet little lady
I think you've seen that movie too.
Saying goodbye to a friend
you never think it is the end
I never thought
you were gone to stay.
She walked right out
out of the morning of my life.
-Will Dockery
High on the listing...…
Will Dockery
2019-10-11 14:47:51 UTC
Zod's brother is a non-drinking, non-smoking devout Catholic, Pendragon.
Chances are actually that Zod will live longer by moving to Florida.
Ratso didn't survive the bus ride there.
Ratso was only a character in a movie, Pendragon.

2019-10-11 17:42:34 UTC
Well movie or no movie, Ratso looked a helluva lot healthier than
Well, Dustin Hoffman was only 22 when he played Ratso.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Cowboy
Z***@none.i2p
2019-10-11 21:43:56 UTC
Will Dockery wrote on Fri, 11 October 2019 17:42
Pendragon knows nothing but his own fantasies from a sheltered life......
ME
2019-10-11 22:32:17 UTC
He was 32.
Z***@none.i2p
2019-10-11 22:43:00 UTC
ME[8
Well movie or no movie, Ratso looked a helluva lot healthier than
Well, Dustin Hoffman was only 22 when he played Ratso.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Cowboy
He was 32.
That is true:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Hoffman

******************Dustin Lee Hoffman (born August 8, 1937) is an American actor and filmmaker.[2] He is known for his versatile portrayals of antiheroes and emotionally vulnerable characters*****************
ME
So, pissbum was wrong.
Z***@none.i2p
So was Pendragon.............
ME
2019-10-11 22:52:26 UTC
Pissbum was wrong.
Z***@none.i2p
So he guessed the age of Hoffman wrong... what is your big point, you smarmy little troll toad...?
ME
That pissbum is incapable of admitting when he’s wrong, pissbum.
Will Dockery
2019-10-12 00:14:36 UTC
Post by Z***@none.i2p
Well movie or no movie, Ratso looked a helluva lot healthier than
Well, Dustin Hoffman was only 22 when he played Ratso.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Cowboy
was wrong.
So he guessed the age of Hoffman wrong... what is your big point, you smarmy little troll toad...?
is incapable of admitting when he’s wrong
Sure I estimated the age of Dustin Hoffman incorrectly, probably because he played a teenager in the movie before "Midnight Cowboy", "The Graduate".

That still makes Dustin Hoffman about twenty years older than General Zod.

It makes him almost 30 years *younger* than Stinky in "Midnight Cowboy" (have you forgotten your original point?).
General Zod

It is only an actor in a movie, fool...………...
i***@gmail.com
2019-10-13 05:13:14 UTC
Beautifully written.
G***@none.i2p
2019-10-13 14:46:40 UTC
Where do you lace this in the book G.D.

In early section............ or later as a remembrance of things past....?
Z***@none.i2p
2019-10-13 22:07:06 UTC
I meant to type "place" not "lace" in that earlier post...........
Z***@none.i2p
2019-10-13 22:04:46 UTC
ibshambat wrote on Sun, 13 October 2019 05:13
Agreed, ibshambat..........
Will Dockery
2019-10-14 05:52:50 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
[...]
Thank you for reading and commenting, Ilya.

2019-10-15 22:58:33 UTC
Did you ever read the 1965 novel "Midnight Cowboy"?
Ratso and Joe are two all-time favorites, more than a little like me and
Zod, now that I think of it.
Uh ... Joe was a male prostitute serving a male clientele.
In fringe, I believe..
Great black hat, also.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/74222/15-uncensored-facts-about-midnight-cowboy
1.) “He looked up at me and said, ‘What have we done? What will they think of us?’ After all, we had made a film about a dishwasher who lives in New York and f*cks a lot of women.”
2.) What made the chemistry between Hoffman and Voight work so well is they were constantly competing with one another. Hoffman became a movie star before Voight did, and that brought some jealousy to the set. “We were like Marvin Hagler and Sugar Ray Leonard, two fighters going at it,” Hoffman told the Los Angeles Times.
3) The scene in which Joe and Ratso attempt to walk across the street and almost get hit by a cab was filmed guerilla-style, with a camera in a van across the street [...] They figured out how to properly time the walk but then almost got run over by a cab. “I guess the brain works so quickly, it said, in a split of a second, ‘Don’t go out of character,’” Hoffman said. “So I said, ‘I’m walking here...'
4) In 1994, the director found himself at a dinner party with a studio executive. "I said, ‘If I brought you a story about this dishwasher from Texas who goes to New York dressed as a cowboy to fulfill his fantasy of living off rich women, doesn’t, is desperate, meets a crippled consumptive who later pisses his pants and dies on a bus, would you—’ and he said, ‘I’d show you the door..."
And, so it goes.
Interesting...............
Z***@none.i2p
2019-10-23 22:10:41 UTC
Will Dockery wrote:[/color
http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/mf_image_3x2/public/midnight_hed.jpg?itok=kPzEL_FL&resize=1100x740
.
Zod The Mighty
2019-11-03 04:49:55 UTC
Fine lyrics Will. It's hard to say something new in a love song, but you have, and you've expressed it well.
Agreed and seconded....
Hector Heathcliff
2020-02-13 08:20:47 UTC
A great favorite, bumped up for the newcomers....
Hector Heathcliff