Sensitive One / Will Dockery
2016-10-07 21:24:49 UTC

2016-10-07 21:33:01 UTC
Sit around on Nebraska Street
and just stew.
Your ice cream from Venus
on my lips.
I must see you tonight
love me
I am the sensitive one.
-Will Dockery
jesus, there are so many references there, it's ridiculous!!!!!
Will Dockery
2016-10-10 14:03:50 UTC
Post by Rachel
Post by Will Dockery
Sensitive One
When we were young
when we were cool.
That pancake thick mask
made you look like a fool.
Got a stash in my mind
so I can get higher
than you'll ever be.
Pentagrams and cages
pretending to be
a slave of Thoth
you see.
I know you have courage
and you're a midget
just for me.
And he, he's the owl
and sees everything.
Disco salsa
a load of lumpy love
from a casualty
in the battles of love.
Under reconstruction
by the good grace of the King.
By his consent
you bestow on me
your magnanimous love.
Ghost of Cortez the Killer
a spontaneous Hitler.
The mystic ringed
an industrial collapse.
Like a rolling snowball
come feel my nature.
Let's come simultaneously
rebuked and accumulating karma.
It was a lot of fun
but just one of those things.
And that is or isn't a good thing?
Samsung Experience
2016-10-16 00:07:25 UTC
No phone but can you gave Jeff email me?
Will Dockery
2016-10-16 01:05:38 UTC
Oh this is you, George Sulzbach?
drive-by
2016-10-07 21:54:37 UTC
Seems you have rolled all the "beats" into one.....I shall mull over...
Will Dockery
2016-10-08 01:58:18 UTC
Thanks for the reads... On the road right now, will comment more fully soon!

😎
Will Dockery
2016-10-08 03:42:06 UTC
Jim and Rachel... I am typing this from the Walmart shoes section.

Isn't modern life weird but kind of interesting?
drive-by
2016-10-08 03:57:25 UTC
Basic black , I hope!
Will Dockery
2016-10-08 04:01:44 UTC
Shoes?

Brown Hushpuppies, Jimmy Buffet style.

πŸ˜‹
Will Dockery
2016-10-08 12:16:01 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I take that as success, Jim, and somewhat high praise for a disciple of the Beat Generation that I remain.

:)
Search Group Enterprises
2016-10-08 20:26:39 UTC
Dynamite, reads like circa 1987 Dockery to my eyes.
Will Dockery
2016-10-09 00:26:59 UTC
Hey George, good to see you.

Yeah, still trying to pinpoint the year on this one and he others... I add not date any of his stack when I typed them up, and none of this collection made it into any chapbooks or zines.

Definitely 1980s-1990s vintage.
Search Group Enterprises
2016-10-12 19:51:12 UTC
I hope to be downtown on Thursday, to see all the poetry friends, I'll be outside the coffee shop, chilling, if you come that way.
Will Dockery
2016-10-14 10:00:27 UTC
Post by Search Group Enterprises
Post by Will Dockery
Hey George, good to see you.
Yeah, still trying to pinpoint the year on this one and he others... I add not date any of his stack when I typed them up, and none of this collection made it into any chapbooks or zines.
Definitely 1980s-1990s vintage.
I hope to be downtown on Thursday, to see all the poetry friends, I'll be outside the coffee shop, chilling, if you come that way.
Hey George, I just came across a post of yours from 2002, worth a look:

http://boards.ancestry.com.au/surnames.sulzbach/6/mb.ashx

history in america
george john sulzbach III (View posts)
Well come on downtown... It is rocking here at the sidewalk coffee table.

😎
Richard Oakley
2016-10-11 00:17:34 UTC
Sensitive One
When we were young
www y?
Post by Will Dockery
when we were cool.
www c?
Post by Will Dockery
That pancake thick mask
perhaps "That thick pancake mask"?
Post by Will Dockery
made you look like a fool.
cool-fool is a pedestrian rhyme.
Post by Will Dockery
Got a stash in my mind
on my mind?
Post by Will Dockery
so I can get higher
blah
Post by Will Dockery
than you'll ever be.
you won't know till you have a smoke-off and the winner probably won't remember and the looser will lie.
Post by Will Dockery
Pentagrams and cages
ok... whatever that's about but cages don't pretend.
Post by Will Dockery
pretending to be
a slave of Thoth
you see.
without reference this is meaningless to most...you've been reading too much PJR.
Post by Will Dockery
I know you have courage
and you're a midget
wth
Post by Will Dockery
just for me.
And he, he's the owl
and sees everything.
even though true the first thing one thinks of with owls isnt accute vision...when one wants to use creatures to describe human behavior 'one' usually uses well known and the most pronounced features.
Post by Will Dockery
Disco salsa
salsa the dance? is this amalgamation of the two style$ (cool thought) an amalgamation like the mix of vegetables that is salsa?
Post by Will Dockery
a load of lumpy love
uhmm. la la la.
Post by Will Dockery
from a casualty
dead man's scum?
Post by Will Dockery
in the battles of love.
your 'battle of love' is weak.
Post by Will Dockery
Under reconstruction
get back on that horse, pahdna.
Post by Will Dockery
by the good grace of the King.
By his consent
you need both his grace and consent? are they not tied together? they are mutual exclusives?
Post by Will Dockery
you bestow on me
your magnanimous love.
magnanimous? why starting to use big words by small? they becomebig and ugly eyesores...big meatballs rolling around over icecream hills.
Post by Will Dockery
Ghost of Cortez the Killer
a spontaneous Hitler.
Hitler carried no direct blood...always another to do the dirty work... indirect not direct...these are dissimilar entities.
Post by Will Dockery
The mystic ringed
I'm calling from the greeeeat beyond, will you accept the charges?
Post by Will Dockery
an industrial collapse.
ok
Post by Will Dockery
Like a rolling snowball
this another dope ref? lacing it with pcp or coke?
Post by Will Dockery
come feel my nature.
ok
Post by Will Dockery
Let's come simultaneously
rebuked and accumulating karma.
buyers remorce by both?
Post by Will Dockery
It was a lot of fun
but just one of those things.
Sit around on Nebraska Street
and just stew.
marinated just right? that raw meat.
Post by Will Dockery
Your ice cream from Venus
on my lips.
I must see you tonight
love me
I am the sensitive one.
whatever line works...
Post by Will Dockery
-Will Dockery
thanks Will.
Will Dockery
2016-10-11 00:52:27 UTC
Wow, I'm out on the road with the iPad so just a quick thanks for the read and in depth critique.

I'll comment more in a moment probably, having a KFC country fried steak dinner and that is taking up most of my attention at the moment.

😘
Richard Oakley
2016-10-11 00:55:46 UTC
lol
Will Dockery
2016-10-11 01:25:31 UTC
Now I'm a bit too stuffed to write... A couple mile stroll along the Riverwalk seems to be in order, then up the coffee shop, and log back on then.

πŸ˜„
Richard Oakley
2016-10-11 03:35:29 UTC
Now I'm a bit too stuffed to write... A couple mile stroll along the Riverwalk seems to be in order, then up the coffee shop, and log back on then.
πŸ˜„
take your time and enjoy yourself.

πŸ˜€
Will Dockery
2016-10-11 05:20:20 UTC
Had a pretty nice photoshoot downtown with my photographer friend Robert Wright... An interesting parade of street people downtown on this finally chilled Autumn night.

Now in an all night hamburger stand, trying out THEIR wifi... Modern Times, living in a connected world.
Will Dockery
2016-10-11 08:28:57 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Now in an all night hamburger stand, trying out THEIR wifi... Modern Times, living in a connected world.
Here's one of those photos that I'm using as a profile pic. As can easily be seen, Rob is an excellent artist:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154692012839363&set=a.466959649362.263350.620409362&type=3&theater

Will Dockery in downtown #Shadowville as photographed by Robert Wright, October 10Β 2016.
New poetry, "Sensitive One"Β by Will Dockery: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/UqHLAb5IQk8/tN13IxCCBAAJ
:D
Michael Pendragon
2016-10-11 04:03:34 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Will Dockery
Sensitive One
When we were young
www y?
Post by Will Dockery
when we were cool.
www c?
Post by Will Dockery
made you look like a fool.
cool-fool is a pedestrian rhyme.
Post by Will Dockery
Got a stash in my mind
on my mind?
Post by Will Dockery
so I can get higher
blah
Post by Will Dockery
pretending to be
a slave of Thoth
you see.
without reference this is meaningless to most...you've been reading too much PJR.
Post by Will Dockery
I know you have courage
and you're a midget
wth
Post by Will Dockery
just for me.
And he, he's the owl
and sees everything.
even though true the first thing one thinks of with owls isnt accute vision...when one wants to use creatures to describe human behavior 'one' usually uses well known and the most pronounced features.
Post by Will Dockery
Disco salsa

"The owls are not what they seem."
Will Dockery
2016-10-11 05:11:17 UTC
Yeah!

I was just writing about David Lynch on another newsgroup, the focus there being his film version of Dune.

This does point me to the time this poem was written as being early 1990s possibly.
t***@gmail.com
2016-10-12 02:19:15 UTC
Love it especially the line about the ghost of Cortez... Touches my Mexican heritage
Will Dockery
2016-10-12 02:25:10 UTC
Hey hey Rob, where you at?
Will Dockery
2016-10-12 02:38:50 UTC
Let's say we put this to music.... Another great hit in the works to coincide with Cohen's new release!
Will Dockery
2016-10-12 10:24:48 UTC
Yes, this one might go good recited with backing music.
Search Group Enterprises
2016-10-12 19:42:20 UTC
Hello Robbie, hope all is fine with you, glad I gave you that stack of my art to hold for me... it has become increasingly rare these last few days.
Will Dockery
2016-10-13 03:02:33 UTC
Yes, and quite a few scans are available online of your paintings, so all is not lost.
Martin Bruce
2016-10-12 21:43:27 UTC
I see your comic book and science fiction influences coming through on this one, again, Bravo.
Will Dockery
2016-10-13 00:13:09 UTC
Hello Martin, thanks for stopping by, and yes, that sci-fi trivia does manifest in the poetry at times.
Ruby Dawsey
2016-10-17 22:29:26 UTC
[...]
Some of this disturbs me, when you venture to the dark side, I am reminded of an old movie, Rosemarie's Baby.

All the things wayward of the Lord's plan.
drive-by
Trump?
Will Dockery
2016-10-18 01:01:31 UTC
A lot of Trump cage rattling going on down here... So much so that I went ahead and voted early... For Hillary.

Things are just looking too tight down this way to risk otherwise.
drive-by
2016-10-18 01:29:13 UTC
good on ya....
Will Dockery
2016-10-18 05:50:23 UTC
Yeah, I stepped back in the ranks, Yellow Dogs, they call us down South.

πŸ˜€
drive-by
2016-10-18 11:16:28 UTC
sounds more like intelligent dogs, to me.
Will Dockery
2016-10-18 12:25:36 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Yeah, I stepped back in the ranks, Yellow Dogs, they call us down South.
πŸ˜€
sounds more like intelligent dogs, to me.
Perspective finally forced my hand, literally. I was at the voting gizmo yesterday and there were three choices down here in Georgia, Clinton, Trump, or the fellow I expected I would vote for eventually, Gary Johnson.

There was really no other choice, I had to cast a solid vote /against/ Trump the screaming and jumping for joy over him in this neck of the woods is becoming overwhelming, oppressive... and I don't think it'll end after the election.

So, I voted early yesterday... a little dab of blue on the red clay landscape.

:D
drive-by
Slim pickens indeed....but our country has been through the mill, eventually staying whole.....if we can withstand our national guard shooting our college students back in Kent State days.....or the "colored" people being strung-up in the night...back when the backs were turned...we can withstand the lunacy we're witnessing at the present..,..
Will Dockery
Good point, the dark moments in the history of America are many, including, of course, at the very start of it all with the very near Genocide of the Native Americans, as we touched upon earlier this week with the "Standing People" poem ideas.
Will Dockery
2016-10-19 00:44:33 UTC
America weathering another storm... I wager we will prevail.
Will Dockery
2016-10-18 21:32:41 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Yeah, I stepped back in the ranks, Yellow Dogs, they call us down South.
πŸ˜€
sounds more like intelligent dogs, to me.
The leaning to the Democratic party in my family and the Deep South in general really leans in twisted ways, the South was Democrat before and after the Civil War, obviously, since Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, and remained solidly so up until around Nixon and his "southern strategy", until, by the Reagan era, Georgia, Alabama, et cetera were solidly "red states".

Although, I will add, my county, Muscogee County, has remained majority Democrat in almost all the presidential elections, with few exceptions. This year I fear may be one of those exceptions... Trump seems to have won a bizarre love from a huge number of people around here. It seems the more crazy he gets, the more mistakes he makes, the more they love him down this way.

More on that later. For now, here's some interesting details on the term "Yellow Dog":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_dog_Democrat

Yellow Dog Democrats was a political term applied to voters in the Southern United States who voted solely for candidates who represented the Democratic Party. The term originated in the late 19th century. These voters would allegedly "vote for a yellow dog before they would vote for any Republican". The term is now more generally applied to refer to any Democrat who will vote a straight party ticket under any circumstances.
The phrase "yellow dog" may be a reference to a breed of dog known as the Carolina Dog indigenous to the Americas, specifically the Southern United States, and not descended from Eurasian breeds.

The phrase "Yellow Dog Democrat" is thought to have achieved popularity during the 1928 presidential race between Democratic candidate Al Smith and Republican candidate Herbert Hoover, when Senator J. Thomas Heflin (D-Alabama) crossed party lines and formally supported Hoover. Many Southern voters disliked several items on Smith's platform but still voted for him.

And so it goes.
Will Dockery
2016-10-19 18:44:57 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Yeah, I stepped back in the ranks, Yellow Dogs, they call us down South.
πŸ˜€
sounds more like intelligent dogs, to me.
We do have our moments down in this neck of the words.

2016-10-21 15:58:37 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
A lot of Trump cage rattling going on down here... So much so that I went ahead and voted early... For Hillary.
Things are just looking too tight down this way to risk otherwise.
good on ya....
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/IwkIRJZmqlQ/2Ss0nzjQAwAJ

I will point out that a vote of support for anything but Trump down here in the middle of his "southern strategy" will have a price, in the reactions of your friends, who, for whatever reasons, are overwhelmingly rabid Trump fans. As I wrote another friend who had informed me that there seemed to be a "smear campaign" underway against me he had noticed:

"Oh, I thought the smears you mentioned were because I finally had to decide on which Presidential candidate to vote for, and endorse, and I've been catching some Hell from quite a few friends... Because it isn't Trump.

While I am in favor of the right to own and bear arms, and a wall on our borders is actually a logical security measure, I just can't abide Trump's documented racism.

Over the last few days actual friends have called me everything from 'brainwashed' to being a 'Libtard'..."

:D
Michael Pendragon
2016-10-21 18:38:20 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
A lot of Trump cage rattling going on down here... So much so that I went ahead and voted early... For Hillary.
Things are just looking too tight down this way to risk otherwise.
good on ya....
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/IwkIRJZmqlQ/2Ss0nzjQAwAJ
"Oh, I thought the smears you mentioned were because I finally had to decide on which Presidential candidate to vote for, and endorse, and I've been catching some Hell from quite a few friends... Because it isn't Trump.
While I am in favor of the right to own and bear arms, and a wall on our borders is actually a logical security measure, I just can't abide Trump's documented racism.
Over the last few days actual friends have called me everything from 'brainwashed' to being a 'Libtard'..."
:D
Perhaps if you explained to them how Hillary's ... ehm ... platform ... is superior to Trump's ...

Oh, right, she's rigorously avoided that topic in all three debates. Never mind.

Frackin' brainwashed Libtard.
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 19:02:36 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
My son Clay, like you and Jimmy, a bona-fied New Yorker explained his appreciation of Hillary like this, last month, when I was still undecided:

"Hillary Clinton will be like a Liberal Margaret Thatcher... she'll get things done."

Actually the main thing that I have against Trump is his proven racism.

Here is my official statement on the matter, top to bottom:

Announcement from Will Dockery on the reports of a "Smear Campaign" against me:

[...]

Read the posts linked to below for more on this story... it is all happening behind my back, so remember that when you hear these nasty backstabbers and their libels of me, these people give me no chance to rebut their nasty lies.

:D
Michael Pendragon
2016-10-21 19:16:28 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
As Trump has repeatedly pointed out Hillary, whose been in a position of power for the past thirty years, has yet to get any things done.
Post by Will Dockery
Actually the main thing that I have against Trump is his proven racism.
You mean how as a landlord/real estate agent in the 1970s, he kept certain properties segregated?

While that's nothing to be proud of, it was standard practice at the time. And Trump's agenda was to make a lot of money, not to crusade against discriminatory practices in the real estate business.

Chalk it up as a mark against his character (one of many).

But despite the concerted efforts of the media to convince Americans otherwise, we aren't voting for which candidate we'd rather be besties with.

The only thing that matters is the platform each represents.
One thinks you'd have more empathy for Trump under the circumstances.
Richard Oakley
oy we had to go here? Is anyone having their mind changed by another, nope, theirs other, more fruitfull things to argue about...
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 22:15:10 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Just one more, then... this is good...

"Confessions Of A Trump Fact-Checker":

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/one-month-253-trump-untruths-214369
Samsung Experience
2016-10-22 00:03:53 UTC
Anything but that election debate crap.
Will Dockery
2016-10-22 01:27:40 UTC
Oh just about anything, Richard, how true, how true.
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 21:55:44 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I have stated many times (even a decade ago in arguments here) that I'm not a fan of Hillary, either. She's mainly more tolerable than Trump because she at least knows when to keep her mouth shut on some matters, whereas Trump just blurts out whatever he feels, no matter if it is racist, against my opinion... or just plain stupid.

Abraham Lincoln said it is better to keep your mouth shut and let folks think you are a fool rather than open your mouth and let them know you are a fool.

2016-10-22 02:42:00 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
You're right. Hillary's a pro when it comes to public speaking.

But what do you think of her plans to boost the economy, eradicate the national debt, stop businesses from relocating to foreign countries, stop terrorism, etc.?
Will Dockery
2016-10-22 02:59:31 UTC
To Michael:

Hey, I had hoped to vote for someone else, but Jill Stein is anti-Semitic, Trump is a racist, Johnson doesn't stand a chance of winning, and Hillary is none if the above, so I voted for her.

My son told me he thinks she will be the "Liberal Margaret Thatcher" and that she will "get things done"... So, if Clay is right on this, I reckon Hillary will be doing a whole lot of things. πŸ˜ƒ
Michael Pendragon
2016-10-22 04:07:49 UTC
I'd hoped to vote for someone else as well, but Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin, and Pat Boone weren't running.
Richard Oakley
2016-10-22 04:46:56 UTC
Hey, I had hoped to vote for someone else, but Jill Stein is anti-Semitic, Trump is a racist, Johnson doesn't stand a chance of winning, and Hillary is none if the above, so I voted for her.
My son told me he thinks she will be the "Liberal Margaret Thatcher" and that she will "get things done"... So, if Clay is right on this, I reckon Hillary will be doing a whole lot of things. πŸ˜ƒ
I'd hoped to vote for someone else as well, but Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin, and Pat Boone weren't running.
is that a joke? forgive if not.

Sulzbach Services
2016-10-18 23:38:21 UTC
Oh Golly, Big Steven Wood is not going to like that... ha ha.
Will Dockery
2016-10-19 00:33:32 UTC
Yeah, I hear Big Steve still has his old poster of Nixon shaking hands with Elvis.

I'm sure that fat slob Steve has wet dreams about Trump.

πŸ˜‡
Sulzbach Services
That's crazy, this is pure Dockery stem to stern.
Will Dockery
2016-10-18 00:48:57 UTC
As Kenny Rogers sings:

"Ruby... Don't take your love to town."

😎
h***@gmail.com
2016-10-19 23:44:44 UTC
I like your songs better, at least they make some sense, and rhyme... this just seems like sphegetti thrown on the wall and you want to clain that slop is art.
Richard Oakley
I don't think that metaphor works well, I think Will might have at least taken the time to arrange the noodles, with glue, on the wall so it sticks better, and that's not sauce, it's graaavy.
Will Dockery
So... For now, Richard, bear with me... I will attempt to keep decent context here.
Michael Pendragon
It's a joke from "The Odd Couple."
Richard Oakley
gr8 show!
Michael Pendragon

Will Dockery
2016-10-20 05:08:24 UTC
And I am still Oscar, at least.

😎
Will Dockery
2016-10-20 15:15:43 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Yes, and that reference makes me suspect that I might know the real life identity of "Hake", not that it matters, of course. I posted the link to here and I reckon if this is the best we can bring in from that arena, then so be it.

:)
Richard Oakley
yes?
Will Dockery
2016-10-20 19:47:09 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Quite a few people come to shows I'm performing in, in a fairly wide range of venues. I know a lot of these folks by name, some by face, and there's always new people passing by and through... Thursday nights we do a show on the sidewalk outside the coffee shop, where dozens, sometimes hundreds, of people pass along on the sidewalk, and the motor traffic on Broadway is steady.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154718742814363&set=a.466959649362.263350.620409362&type=3&theater

This (the photo via the link above) is the basic sight at the coffee shop downtown, there are four or five of these tables on the sidewalk, where folks get a coffee, sit and smoke (or not smoke) and listen to the sidewalk music/poetry/whatever show.

In other words, more people can see and know me, or of me, than I do likewise of them.

"Hake" is obviously one of these... on one level or another. From his tone I am thinking he's definitely not a part of my "inner circle" of friends, but possibly a well-known patron (or even employee) of the Fountain City Coffee House.

:)
Dental River
I would imagine that anyone who is trapped in the vicinity of your inept sidewalk display, employees and paying customers alike, are highly annoyed by now. Have you been run off the site by the police yet? Eventually there will be a pretext. Where will you squat next?
Richard Oakley
Hey Barry, can you all cut the shit already it was old 10 years ago.
b***@gmail.com
2016-10-20 22:14:10 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Dental River
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I can't help it, Richard. This group is so thoroughly poisoned by Dockery, posing as a patron of the arts and mainly versed in rehashed 70's pop music lyrics, some of us cannot go without saying something. And there have been plenty of complaints, going back to before I discovered Usenet.

Do a little research and you'll find an a.a.p.c. that produced commentary on a very different order from this message dump to which Dockery has reduced it. Those folks couldn't stand Dockery. They all left. Dollars to donuts the sidewalk cafe traffic in Columbus is also suffering.
Shatzberg Services
2016-10-20 22:51:49 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Dental River
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I can't help it
Apparently you can't control yourself, true.

Ha ha..
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 07:46:19 UTC
Post by Shatzberg Services
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Dental River
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Shatzberg Services
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Dental River
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Even in this obsession with me Barry lacks any unique qualities.

:)
Richard Oakley
All of us few, including yourself and "dockery" are all that's left, we should try and make the best of what we have. Lord knows i've tried to bring more writing than what we get, more commentary that what we have, but I'm one man out of few that write consistently on here and the little spats do nothing to help this group gain it's former luster. I'll take a hint from Mythbusters and polish some lion turds if need be.
Shatzberg Services
2016-10-20 23:04:07 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Dental River
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
As soon as I can shake this nasty writer's block (probly getting used to this new situation is mainly the trouble) then I will be back in the saddle, posting poems and offering some super-charged poetry reviews.

This I do pledge.

Ha ha...
Michael Pendragon
2016-10-21 03:50:28 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Dental River
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
It's a chicken-egg scenario: the group is a "message dump" because there aren't enough members to maintain a continually high level of commentary and critique. The anti-Dockery crowd could simply have chosen to ignore him, and gone on with their discussions.

I think Will fosters a casual, friendly atmosphere here. We can sit back, relax, say "howdy," and post a couple of comments and maybe even a poem.

Ideally, I'd like to post my latest poem (which I always think is a masterpiece) and have ten other poets immediately take it apart line-by-line and explain why it's an amateurish p.o.s., and suggest improvements (which I won't take, but will bear in mind on future works).

Hopefully, a friendly, supportive atmosphere will allow poets to make honest critiques, without fear of hurting anyone's feelings or launching a flame war. Whereas constant attacks on one another will only drive others away.
b***@gmail.com
2016-10-21 04:36:36 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Dental River
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I realized while responding to Richard that my level of participation in the group really isn't commensurate with the disgust I express for Dockery, and it looks like trolling. But the group needs defending from Dockery's destructive effect, and it is his effect that stops me from fully participating.

Nobody I care to read minds if their poem gets taken apart for the right reasons, but where does one start with completely fake work? It's more practical to first point out the malefide intent of the poster, and raise an objection. But when that turns out to be shoveling shit against the tide, where does one quit? Apparently I've overstepped a limited role.

I'm sorry for denigrating the efforts of some of us by calling this a "message dump". It used to be safe to ignore Dockery, and I should help make it safe again by offering more to the group.
Shatzberg Services

Ha ha...
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 05:57:49 UTC
Post by Shatzberg Services
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Dental River
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
From what I've read of this Rivers guy, all he seems to think about is Dockery. Smacks a bit of a "man crush", doesn't it?
Ha ha...
Now that's getting creepy, which of course Barry already was from the get go.

πŸ˜€
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 02:49:50 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Dental River
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Poor Barry seems to have an abscessed grudge, doesn't he?

πŸ˜€
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 05:43:37 UTC
Post by Dental River
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
You spend a LOT of time thinking about "Will Dockery", don't you, Barry?

Heh...
Will Dockery
2016-10-20 00:51:36 UTC
Fair enough criticism, the songs are probably attuned to a larger audience.
t***@gmail.com
2016-10-20 01:10:57 UTC
I forgot you were the Sensitive one here Dockery.... Truth be told your poetry has grown on me over the years. Kind of like a fungus but one I have learned to appreciate.
Will Dockery
2016-10-20 01:20:43 UTC
Yes, I can just picture you and your bumper crop of fungus and gunk, Mush Mouth.

And thanks for the semi good review for once, my whistle lisping little friend.

πŸ˜€
MushmouthEvansthe3rd
2016-10-20 01:23:12 UTC
Don't let it go to your head Dockery, fungus like yours only grows on trash. Still can be appreciated every once in a while.
Will Dockery
2016-10-20 01:43:36 UTC
Wipe your mouth, Evans, you're drooling.

πŸ˜€
c***@gmail.com
2016-10-20 23:34:11 UTC
[...]
This one, I must confess, leaves me somewhat lost in all the surreal imagery.

Is it based on dreams?
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 05:12:52 UTC
[...]
Barry... Poor jealous Barry.

You want to actually contribute something to the group?

You might consider attempting to write a decent poem... Something we have yet to see from you.

Admit it, Barry, you wish you had even a touch of the poetic talent and skill I demonstrate on a daily basis.

Everyone here sees this... A pity you remain in denial, River.

Now, come on back and whine some more... You know you can't manage anything else here.

πŸ˜€
Richard Oakley
Will his last effort wasn't without merit, and itd be nice if you acknowledged just the one, two that are serious, and decent works.
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 06:06:15 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
[...]
I must not have seen that poem, Richard...

What was the title of Barry's poem that you liked?
Richard Oakley
Settling Sun.
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 07:26:59 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Richard Oakley
[...]
Okay, I did read that poem of his about the carcinogenic talcum powder or whatever, I wasn't as impressed by it as you may have been.

To each his own... I find Barry's poetry to be willfully obscure garbage.

Not knocking you if you found some enjoyment in that drivel, it just isn't of much interest to me.

:)
Richard Oakley
you wouldn't be so harsh if there wasn't bad blood. and if you could...pot and kettle.
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 07:54:13 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Richard Oakley
[...]
Perhaps not, but Barry was in attack mode from his very first post, as I recall.

Leaving zero choice but to dismiss him, obviously.

:)
Richard Oakley
...and you let him lead you that way.
Will Dockery
2016-10-21 09:50:11 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Richard Oakley
[...]
No, I mostly don't read him at all until, like last night, he went out of his way to "get in my face" with these posts in this thread.

I'm fine with skipping over his worthlessly obscure poems, since when I give them a read, I rarely come away with anything worth the read.