Sampler Topic: Adjustment
Gilad Timmings
2020-06-30 10:58:14 UTC
The topic will be Adjustment, unless someone doesn’t like that one, then it
can be adjusted...
Gilad
NancyGene
2020-06-30 11:03:27 UTC
Post by Gilad Timmings
The topic will be Adjustment, unless someone doesn’t like that one, then it
can be adjusted...
--
Gilad
Great, thanks, Gilad. "Adjustment" it will be.

(We deleted this morning's post to George Dance.)
George J. Dance
2020-06-30 16:12:27 UTC
Post by Gilad Timmings
The topic will be Adjustment, unless someone doesn’t like that one, then it
can be adjusted...
--
Gilad
Heh! No, anyone who doesn't like the topic can adjust themselves.

Thanks for picking it.
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 11:25:18 UTC
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Gilad Timmings
The topic will be Adjustment, unless someone doesn’t like that one, then it
can be adjusted...
--
Gilad
Heh! No, anyone who doesn't like the topic can adjust themselves.
Thanks for picking it.
Excellent topic, I have one of a possible two poems ready for Sunday:

"La Maison Apartment #602"

:)
ME
2020-07-02 11:31:49 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Gilad Timmings
The topic will be Adjustment, unless someone doesn’t like that one, then it
can be adjusted...
--
Gilad
Heh! No, anyone who doesn't like the topic can adjust themselves.
Thanks for picking it.
"La Maison Apartment #602"
:)
Does that old word jumble have the word ‘adjustment’ in it?
Try writing new poetry for a change will.
Jim can come up with several new poems everyday while you post the same bs you’ve been posting for decades.
Stretch your mind and write something new.
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 11:35:35 UTC
Post by ME
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Gilad Timmings
The topic will be Adjustment, unless someone doesn’t like that one, then it
can be adjusted...
--
Gilad
Heh! No, anyone who doesn't like the topic can adjust themselves.
Thanks for picking it.
"La Maison Apartment #602"
<snip>
Post by ME
Jim can come up with several new poems everyday
Actually, most of those poems Jim's been posting are repeats (look them up), but I see nothing wrong with that.

;)
ME
2020-07-02 11:38:24 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ME
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ME
Jim can come up with several new poems everyday
Actually, most of those poems Jim's been posting are repeats (look them up), but I see nothing wrong with that.
;)
That’s a lie will.
He and NG write a lot of fresh, new poetry constantly.
And theirs consist of more than just a catchy title. Their poems have substance. And are readable.
Will Dockery

You can check for yourself or I can show you what I mean.
ME
2020-07-02 11:58:09 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ME
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ME
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ME
Jim can come up with several new poems everyday
Actually, most of those poems Jim's been posting are repeats (look them up), but I see nothing wrong with that.
;)
That’s a lie will
Absolutely not.
You can check for yourself or I can show you what I mean.
Only 2 of them, but since he doesn’t repost his poetry here 50 times a year ,they were new to ME.
But you’re unable to write anything new. That takes talent.
Will Dockery
No, I counted more than that just yesterday.
ME
You are NOT deriding someone else for reposting old poems here! What a talentless hypocrite you are will.
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 12:08:03 UTC
Post by ME
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ME
Post by ME
Jim can come up with several new poems everyday
Actually, most of those poems Jim's been posting are repeats (look them up), but I see nothing wrong with that.
I counted more than that just yesterday.
You are NOT deriding someone else for reposting old poems here
No, not at all... just correcting your mistake in thinking they were new poems.

;)
Edward Rochester Esq.
Mr. Dockery, your world of poetry is confined to past conquests and walking around town. They show little in the vast world around you. You're stunted as a writer. Pizza delivery and getting laid does not make decades of poetry.
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 12:22:00 UTC
Post by Edward Rochester Esq.
Mr. Dockery, your world of poetry is confined to past conquests and walking around town. They show little in the vast world around you. You're stunted as a writer. Pizza delivery and getting laid does not make decades of poetry.
Mr. Rochester, your poetry runs in a similar pattern of your own navel gazing.

;)
Michael Pendragon
2020-07-02 17:09:40 UTC
Actually, it's quite the opposite. Jim's poetry is usually based on his observations of others.
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 18:52:20 UTC
Post by Michael Pendragon
Post by Will Dockery
Mr. Rochester, your poetry runs in a similar pattern of your own navel gazing.
Jim's poetry is usually based on his observations of others
<snip>

Right... usually his obsessive observations of me and Zod.

;)
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 12:25:49 UTC
Post by ME
Jim can come up with several new poems everyday
Perhaps so, but I'm sure Mr. Rochester will not deny that most of the poetry he's posted here have been repeats.

Again, not that I have any problem with that.

;)
Michael Pendragon
2020-07-02 17:11:56 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ME
Jim can come up with several new poems everyday
Perhaps so, but I'm sure Mr. Rochester will not deny that most of the poetry he's posted here have been repeats.
Again, not that I have any problem with that.
You're evading the point.

ME challenged you to compose a *NEW* poem for the upcoming Sunday Sampler (as opposed to finding a way to plug the word "adjustment" into a poem you'd written 20 years ago).
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 18:50:19 UTC
Post by Michael Pendragon
ME challenged you to compose a *NEW* poem for the upcoming Sunday Sampler
<snip>

You seem confused, since I've been writing new poems for the S.S. for several weeks, now.

;)
ME
2020-07-02 18:55:28 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Michael Pendragon
ME challenged you to compose a *NEW* poem for the upcoming Sunday Sampler
<snip>
You seem confused, since I've been writing new poems for the S.S. for several weeks, now.
;)
I’ll have NG do a fact check on that.
Write a new poem about life right now. Or don’t you have the capacity to do that will?
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 18:59:51 UTC
Post by ME
Post by Will Dockery
You seem confused, since I've been writing new poems for the S.S. for several weeks, now.
;)
I’ll have NG do a fact check on that
<snip>

I'm sure that's the first thing Nancy G. does every week.

;)
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 19:15:18 UTC
Post by ME
Write a new poem about life right now
I wrote a new poem last night for the Sunday Sampler, you can read it then.

;)
Michael Pendragon
2020-07-02 19:23:08 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by ME
Write a new poem about life right now
I wrote a new poem last night for the Sunday Sampler, you can read it then.
Good boy, Will!

Your Milk Bone is in the mail.
NancyGene
2020-07-02 19:30:05 UTC
We hope that it is not in your boilerplate style of fragments, more fragments and a general wandering eye.
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 19:36:10 UTC
Post by NancyGene
We hope that it is not in your boilerplate style of fragments, more fragments and a general wandering eye.
As always, if my poetry isn't of interest to you, please feel free to skip and ignore it.

;)
ME
2020-07-02 19:59:29 UTC
Which is why most here do.
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 21:03:20 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
As always, if my poetry isn't of interest to you, please feel free to skip and ignore it.
;)
Which is why most here do
Again, that's their choice.

;)
NancyGene
2020-07-02 20:34:45 UTC
Since we compile the official SS poetry list, it is impossible to skip and ignore your poems. We would think that you would want to put your best effort forward for the Sunday Sampler, which would include polishing it, rereading and revising it, and making sure that it makes sense, has a point, and is actual poetry.
Will Dockery
;)
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 21:40:44 UTC
Play it like you want, trolls.

My original post was all I had to say here:

HTH & HAND.
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 21:43:18 UTC
Post by Gilad Timmings
The topic will be Adjustment, unless someone doesn’t like that one, then it
can be adjusted...
--
Gilad
Heh! No, anyone who doesn't like the topic can adjust themselves.
Thanks for picking it.
Of course they can always whine about it all day like they're doing here
today.

;)
Van (Van Couver)
I may do a poem for this week's Unsampled thread.....
ME
Well, van, you just jump all over that!
Michael Pendragon
He's just got to stay sober(-ish) long enough to come up with a rhyme for "blue."
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 20:30:46 UTC
Exactly... write your poetry and stop stressing about mine.

:)
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 20:44:36 UTC
Actually, of course I think my poetry is damned good, or else I would'nt post it.

:)
Dental River
2020-07-02 21:13:02 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Actually, of course I think my poetry is damned good, or else I would'nt post it.
:)
Perhaps he meant to say:

"I think my poetry is damned good, actually. Otherwise I wouldn't post it."

Other readers are welcome to interpret Will's attempt to write a sentence.
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 21:32:33 UTC
"I think my poetry is damned good, actually. Otherwise I wouldn't post it."

Thanks for the correction, Barry.

:)
NancyGene
2020-07-02 21:32:56 UTC
Post by Dental River
Post by Will Dockery
Actually, of course I think my poetry is damned good, or else I would'nt post it.
:)
"I think my poetry is damned good, actually. Otherwise I wouldn't post it."
Other readers are welcome to interpret Will's attempt to write a sentence.
Thanks, DR, for your clarification. We would parse Will's sentence as:

"Actually. Of course, I think? My poetry is damned. Good, or else. I would'nt post it."
Dental River
"Actually I think good? Of course my damned post, it wouldn't. Or else, poetry."
Will Dockery
2020-07-02 22:37:35 UTC
Thanks again, Barry.

;)