Shambles / Will Dockery
2016-11-17 07:46:58 UTC
Shambles

Yes, that Richard Pryor looking guy
was somewhat interesting and being drunk
he drooled rather than spoke words
thinking I looked like Mark Twain or Gene Wilder,
as I sat watching it all go by on Broadway, at midnight.

He mentioned Kentucky, was bourbon on the mind?
North oats, was sour mash on the mind? Carolina,
where his family worked on crab boats,
then Tom Hanks was on my mind, though his dream
was shrimp.

Politics reared its ugly head, drunk or sober it’s all the talk,
though quiet I was, being entertained, while playing the straight white guy,
thinking, possibly, my Einstein hairdo might just have been the candle
to this drunken moth.

His stumble into me, brought it to a close,
my coffee wetting the same sidewalk he wandered off on…
and from the other end a hooker chick approached,
she too, in shambles offering a down and dirty for five bucks
but saved, I was, a chilly breeze whispered, go home now.

I wanted dark this night and wasn't let down.

-Will Dockery
(with thanks to Blackpool Jimmy)
EBG
Lies, no such thing happened. FCC is in a college neighborhood with a college crowd. Your facade of seediness if a farce. College kids, with one creepy fat old man hanging around leering... that be you.
Will Dockery
2016-11-17 15:52:43 UTC
Damn, you don't even live here, yet you keep chiming in like some armchair stalker.

Yes, it happened just as I wrote it, and in fact wrote most if this as it happened.

Columbus GA has a huge homeless population living on the River Walk just two blocks west of Broadway, and these folks do come out at night looking for... Something.

Broadway is not only college kids but also an "entertainment" district with bars, hotels, and yes, even a coffee shop, most of which was closed at the hour and night I was writing this, I think it was the slow night of Monday, maybe Tuesday.

There's an endless parade of these types of folks wandering all over town, as are probably in most cities, downtown Columbus having a particularly large one in camps along the Chattahoochee River.

But since you are just an stalker obsessed with "Will Dockery", you'd have no real way of knowing what the streets here are like after Midnight.

Another possibility for where some of these particular type of people come from is, I suspect, the Ralston Towers just a couple of blocks over, on 2nd Avenue. This is a hotel for various "disturbed" and otherwise handicapped and retired folks, including recovering
addicts and so on.

Basically, to sum up, you know zero, jack shit, about this area of what I encounter here.

😀
drive-by
2016-11-18 01:14:35 UTC
[...]
Why defend? You can find seedy two blocks from Trump Tower (and in the Trump Tower) Seedy has no particular address and that includes any college campus...and anywhere in the world for that matter...I thought 'ignore' was the best policy, Will. Practice, practice, practice..:-)

2016-11-18 03:50:16 UTC
A city block can change depending on the time of day, or in many other ways, Jim... I'm sitting in the same general area, completely different scenario.
drive-by
2016-11-18 03:55:03 UTC
I know well....
Will Dockery
2016-11-18 10:37:15 UTC
I'm sure you do, Jimmy, on those New York City streets.
George John
2016-11-19 04:30:56 UTC
Agreed he should not feed the trolls.
Will Dockery
2016-11-19 06:56:58 UTC
Definitely will leave this one behind soon, but sometimes I admit I do enjoy winning an argument with an ignorant fool such as this Emmett fellow.

😀
EBG
2016-11-19 08:06:45 UTC
Who was arguing and how can you possibly construe yourself as winning? I just stated facts, not opinion. Facts can't be argued. You can't even win at life, let alone best someone who is your superior. The best you can do is beg people to come over from your Facebook page to pat you on the head over your shitty poetry. You can't hold your own here without outside help. You are weak.
Will Dockery
2016-11-19 08:54:04 UTC
Post by EBG
Post by George John
Post by EBG
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Lies, no such thing happened.
How do you know... were you stalking him in real life as well?
Doc is
In your thoughts constantly?

You probably mumble my name in your sleep, don't you, little obsesso?

:)

George John
Will Dockery
2016-11-18 00:54:03 UTC
Post by George John
Post by EBG
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Well if so, tell him he can find me here at Open mic, all are welcome...

https://www.facebook.com/events/576856539176262

:)
EBG
Listening to a bunch of amateurs bleating their nonsense on a sidewalk? No thanks. The college kids are bad, but you are even worse save for the comic relief.
Will Dockery
2016-11-19 08:31:35 UTC
Post by George John
Post by EBG
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Excellent, because we really don't need anonymous, creepy stalker types
lurking about, anyhow.

:)
EBG
So you speak for this business? I will be sure to forward this to them. I am also sure they will not take kindly to you taking the liberty of running off paying customers by acting as their representative. God knows, you run enough off with that horrible grunting that you refer to as "singing".
EBG
Simple logic, Georgie Boy. Not to mention, Doc is a dishonest creep prone to fabricating stories to inflate his ego.
Will Dockery
2016-11-19 08:16:43 UTC
Post by EBG
facts, not opinion
Such as the FACT that you're an obsessed troll hiding behind a fake name?

"We know."
EBG
2016-11-19 08:32:32 UTC
Post by EBG
facts, not opinion
Such as the FACT that you're an obsessed troll hiding behind a fake name?
"We know."
As usual, the self-proclaimed "winner" can't even answer a simple question.

"You lose"
a***@gmail.com
2016-11-18 22:33:31 UTC
[...]
Gloomy but effective poem.