Deep Blue Sassafras / Will Dockery
2017-12-05 23:35:42 UTC

2017-12-05 23:40:44 UTC
2017-12-06 00:16:08 UTC
The flowers
that smelled like sassafras.
Like you,
never leave my thoughts
day in, day out.
-Will Dockery
Short sweet to the point..well written
Thanks for reading, Jim...

I thought Google had lost this one, and started writing a poem about that... scrapped that idea.

:)
drive-by
2017-12-06 00:18:03 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Deep Blue Sassafras
You never left
as another day passes.
Your love
my love
continues.
You sleep
or you wander,
depending on the chosen myth.
But those
deep blue flowers in a box
the color of your eyes.
The deep blue flowers
I found blooming
in the lumber yard.
I brought them to you
that summer morning in 1982.
It read as though it rolled off with one thought...I like those that were meant to be written...
Will Dockery

Thanks Jim, at least my work isn't a total wash out for you...
drive-by
when it's good, it's good..and I say so
Will Dockery

This one was written for Lady Katherine as well, Jim.
Will Dockery
Yes, Jim Senetto really wrote all that... I kid you not.
Michael Pendragon
2018-04-13 20:18:23 UTC
What do you get when you cross crimson and clover with crystal blue persuasion?
Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
2018-04-13 21:24:25 UTC
What do you get when you cross crimson and clover with crystal blue persuasion?
Your plagiarising white supremacism.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
2018-04-19 17:11:07 UTC
What do you get when you cross crimson and clover with crystal blue persuasion?
For once you've added something worthwhile to the thread, rather than lying
endlessly... a good sign.

2018-05-11 10:24:57 UTC
What do you get when you cross crimson and clover with crystal blue persuasion?
Do Tommy James and The Shondells rate well in your Rock-N-Roll ratings, Pendragon?

I enjoyed a lot of their songs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_James_and_the_Shondells

Never read the bio on Tommy James, though, and this was an eye-opener:

"... in 1965, Pittsburgh dance promoter Bob Mack had unearthed the forgotten single "Hanky Panky", playing it at various dance parties, and radio stations there touted it as an "exclusive". Listener response encouraged regular play, and demand soared. Bootleggers responded by printing 80,000 black market copies of the recording, which were sold in Pennsylvania stores."
h***@gmail.com
2018-05-11 11:25:18 UTC
I was listening to Crimson and Clover
on the car radio the other day,
when someone asked who that was
covering the old Joan Jett song,
and suddenly I felt very, very old.

Then the news came on announcing
the sudden death of a local politician
of a massive heart attack. He was 60.

His funeral is this morning at the
Baltimore Hebrew Congregation.
Will Dockery
2018-05-11 17:03:54 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
I was listening to Crimson and Clover
on the car radio the other day,
when someone asked who that was
covering the old Joan Jett song,
and suddenly I felt very, very old.
Joan Jett, I can't really remember her version, it didn't stick with me.
Deaths of friends here this year have ranged from 47 with Ronald to 68 with Jerry, who passed away a couple of days ago.
Michael Pendragon
2018-05-11 12:37:08 UTC
What do you get when you cross crimson and clover with crystal blue persuasion?
Do Tommy James and The Shondells rate well in your Rock-N-Roll ratings, Pendragon?
They had a couple of decent, if hippy-dippy songs.

Nor were they "Rock 'n' Roll" artists. That art form died when the Beatles came on the scene (Stateside) in 1964. Since that time the only new artists of any note to play "R'n'R" have been George Thorogood and The Stray Cats.
Will Dockery
2018-05-11 20:24:50 UTC
What do you get when you cross crimson and clover with crystal blue persuasion?
Do Tommy James and The Shondells rate well in your Rock-N-Roll ratings, Pendragon?
They had a couple of decent, if hippy-dippy songs.
Nor were they "Rock 'n' Roll" artists. That art form died when the Beatles came on the scene (Stateside) in 1964. Since that time the only new artists of any note to play "R'n'R" have been George Thorogood and The Stray Cats.
Oh yes, I remember even Bob Dylan states that he draws the line at Little Anthony and The Imperials, which he said Rock-N-Roll "ended" after them...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-as-filmmaker-im-sure-of-my-dream-self-i-live-in-my-dreams-19780126

"Rock & roll ended with Phil Spector. The Beatles weren't rock & roll, either. Nor the Rolling Stones. Rock & roll ended with Little Anthony and the Imperials. Pure rock & roll. The one before that . . . Rock & roll ended in 1959. You're right, there's no more rock & roll. It's an imitation, we can forget about that. Rock & roll has turned itself inside out. I never did do rock & roll, I'm just doing the same old thing I've always done..." -Bob Dylan
Will Dockery
2018-05-12 19:35:39 UTC
What do you get when you cross crimson and clover with crystal blue persuasion?
I see now this may have been a joke... so, what was the punch line?
Michael Pendragon
2018-05-13 01:52:46 UTC
Deep blue sassafras.
Will Dockery
2018-05-13 04:16:34 UTC
I dont remember which thread the PJR statement on violent threats is right now is either, Pendragon.

When I get back home and off the mobile gizmo, I'll link to it for you.

2018-05-13 04:54:20 UTC
Never mind. 193 threads later, I chanced on it.
Will Dockery
2018-05-13 05:20:12 UTC
I dont remember which thread the PJR statement on violent threats is right now is either, Pendragon.
When I get back home and off the mobile gizmo, I'll link to it for you.
Never mind. 193 threads later, I chanced on it.
You didn't have to go through all that trouble, just a search for "Peter J Ross" + "threats of violence":

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/HVE8TPmpfGE/B4pF5eMvAwAJ

"Your case would be stronger if you didn't accompany it with implied
threats of violence. On Usenet, threats of violence are generally
regarded as kookier than mere dishonesty. Please stop doing that.." -PJR

There were another couple of similar posts, but that was the main one.

One needs to bear in mind that PJR only drops in sporadically, and is unfamiliar with Jim's proposition to settle your differences with a charity boxing match -- Queensberry rules, old chap. I don't know how Peter feels about this gentleman's sport, but only the most rabid opponents of contact sports would decry such challenges as "threats of violence."
Will Dockery
2018-05-13 06:09:30 UTC
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/HVE8TPmpfGE/B4pF5eMvAwAJ
"Your case would be stronger if you didn't accompany it with implied
threats of violence. On Usenet, threats of violence are generally
regarded as kookier than mere dishonesty. Please stop doing that.." -PJR
There were another couple of similar posts, but that was the main one.
One needs to bear in mind that PJR only drops in sporadically, and is unfamiliar with Jim's proposition to settle your differences with a charity boxing match -- Queensberry rules, old chap. I don't know how Peter feels about this gentleman's sport, but only the most rabid opponents of contact sports would decry such challenges as "threats of violence."
No, you must have missed the other developments, such as, if I go to visit my son, Jim has a fantasy of stalking me down... his fantasy is to beat me up, but things don't always work out like the fantasy.

Think of it as more of a duel ... only a more humane variation in which fists replacing swords or pistols, and the loser keeps his life (if not necessarily all of his teeth). Dueling is an honorable means of redressing perceived wrongs, which you should, as a Southerner, be familiar with.
Will Dockery
2018-05-13 06:38:15 UTC
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/HVE8TPmpfGE/B4pF5eMvAwAJ
"Your case would be stronger if you didn't accompany it with implied
threats of violence. On Usenet, threats of violence are generally
regarded as kookier than mere dishonesty. Please stop doing that.." -PJR
Think of it as more of a duel ... only a more humane variation in which fists replacing swords or pistols, and the loser keeps his life (if not necessarily all of his teeth). Dueling is an honorable means of redressing perceived wrongs, which you should, as a Southerner, be familiar with.
I don't have enough of a problem with Jim to fight him, for one thing.

For another... I feel that fighting a 71 year old man is wrong... Hell, he'll be lucky enough to make it past June as it is.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 04:24:02 UTC
I'm quite sure my son doesn't have any use for listening to a 71 year old
obsesso come up to him blabbering about his father, Jim.

I don't think you stalking my son is such a great idea.
Will Dockery
2018-02-26 01:22:59 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Or sather you used to, when you were honest and senility hadn't set in so
badly yet.

2017-12-08 22:29:49 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]

I read this one on the Tavern stage last night for the Songwriter's Guild,
with just a simple acoustic guitar strum. The simplicity was a nice change
of pace, and the audience seemed to dig it, Apple Montage, and a few other
of my recent poems.
Will Dockery
2018-01-10 05:10:51 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]

I read this one on the Tavern stage last week for the Songwriter's Guild,
with just a simple acoustic guitar strum. The simplicity was a nice change
of pace, and the audience seemed to dig it, Apple Montage, and a few other
of my recent poems.

And so it goes.

2018-04-13 05:18:48 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Interesting, this seems like genuiane praise for my poem... from Jim
senetto, of all people.
Will Dockery
2018-02-23 22:33:18 UTC
Why not, Corey?

After all, I've been posting the link to this poem in quite a few places, including LinkedIn.

😀
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 22:44:04 UTC
Why not? I can give you a bunch of reasons why it's an implausible scenerio,
but if you're happy with that story, I'm certainly not going to pee in your cereal.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 04:27:32 UTC
A 71 year old man with a history of seizures claiming he wants to fistfight
me, you must be senile.

2018-02-26 05:30:07 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Why not? I can give you a bunch of reasons why it's an implausible
scenerio
That's what's so funny about you, Corey... you so often write "I can do
this... I can do that..." but in the end you wind up never actually doing
anything.

2018-03-01 01:25:50 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Why not?
How so?
Will Dockery
Thanks again for your honesty.
Will Dockery
2018-02-25 23:45:27 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I like honesty over bitter anger, also... thanks, from the future.

2018-04-19 21:56:25 UTC
Exactly, and thanks for the rare show of honesty about my poetry.
Will Dockery

Jimmy before the meltdown... a sad case he turned out to be.
Will Dockery
2017-12-08 14:59:01 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Nice lament.
Thanks for reading and the comment, Corey.
Will Dockery
2017-12-10 22:45:40 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Nice lament.
How so?
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-10 22:56:26 UTC
How so what?
Will Dockery
2017-12-10 23:20:58 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
How so what?
How is this poem [a lament], or 'nice',
and how is its message [a lament]?
How, if you read it at least once or twice,
have you totally misunderstood?
Or if you have't misunderstood, can you explain?

Thanks in advance, Corey.

:)
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-10 23:25:07 UTC
I can't explain why you took my verse
from another thread, changed a word
or two, and reposted it in this thread.
Can you explain why you did that?
Will Dockery
2017-12-10 23:52:15 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
I can't explain
You never can, so that's no surprise, Corey.

:)
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-11 00:01:04 UTC
Why post edit? Why not just explain,
and discuss your poem like an adult?
A nice lament is a good cry, and that
is how your poem reads, like a grown
man crying about his past failures.
Will Dockery
2018-02-23 21:57:11 UTC
That seems to be what happened, Corey.

😀
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 22:19:54 UTC
Really?
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 04:25:50 UTC
He'll tell you that's none of your business, of course, and shoo you away
like the shabby, obsessed stalker you are, no doubt.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 14:42:46 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Really?
Indeed, all real...

:)
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-24 14:46:20 UTC
Bwahahahaha.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 01:25:09 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Talk about mood swings...

Here, Jim Senetto writes that the poem is good, later n the thread he's flip flopped to the opposite opinion.

Senile, or just wishy-washy?
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-24 01:41:36 UTC
You've had that effect on a lot of people.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 05:12:15 UTC
Hello Stephan, I will check the messages now.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 03:29:30 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Thanks, Jim... glad you liked this one.

:)
drive-by
2018-02-24 03:33:33 UTC
Didn't want to hurt your ego.....it sucks in reality...writing to your dead ex wife about the lumber yard adventure..and leaving out the fact that she ran from you....and found a real man...but it's your way of making all perfect...
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 03:41:09 UTC
Better than the sappy crap you write, old son.

😀
drive-by
2018-02-24 03:46:24 UTC
Better than the sappy crap you write, old son.
😀
This 'old son' can kick your ass...for charity...

Just give me the doo nanny dates.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 04:19:08 UTC
You're saying I need to let my son know he has a man with a violent
obsession with his father threatening to stalk him, Jim?
drive-by
2018-02-24 04:22:53 UTC
You're saying I need to let my son know he has a man with a violent
obsession with his father threatening to stalk him, Jim?
If I wanted to contact your son..it would be quite easy, considering our locations....I want to ask your son what kind of daddy you were...simple as that. You can always ask him here, if you think I'm too violent.

You're the one I want to box for charity not your son...he's had enough of your shit already..
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 04:20:54 UTC
[...]
Good to see you adnmit the truth for a change.

2018-02-24 14:04:04 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Good to see soe honesty from you, Jim... and happy birthday.

2018-02-24 15:23:26 UTC
No... you've deleted your posts, Corey.
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-24 15:26:33 UTC
I KNOW. That's what's SO funny!
Will Dockery
2018-03-15 00:50:39 UTC
[...]

Thanks again, Jim... now that we finally got the money issues settled,
perhaps we can get back to poetry?
drive-by
2018-03-15 01:00:28 UTC
[...]
Don't butter me up buttercup....you and I are very far apart....You still love yourself a little too much, for my liking...

Call PIck out for being a asshole..and you and me can once again, sail into the sunset....you don't even defend past friends against his bullshit...just pass them by as if all is hunky fucking dory....

see ya
Will Dockery
2018-03-15 01:12:10 UTC
"See ya?"

No, that won't happen, Jim.

And stay away from my son, you dirty old man.

:)
drive-by
I've seen your son...you posted for all to see......he is just not my type, at all..and I don't own a pony suit, if he was.
Will Dockery
2018-03-15 01:30:36 UTC
Just a joke, Senetto.

Lighten up, you old grouch.

😀
Will Dockery
2018-04-05 18:17:00 UTC
Post by drive-by
I've seen your son...you posted for all to see......
Yes, and his photograph is still up, and still looks great.

http://www.coalhill.com/coal-hill-faculty.html

" I should mention that the root of that - Psychodragon's insistence that dressing like Peter Wright was "gay" - was something he took to PJ Ross (whom I'd call the group's Dr. Who expert), and got smacked down for. If anything, that only increased PJ's contempt for the Psycho. ..." -George Dance
Will Dockery
2018-03-24 14:01:20 UTC
Update on the back story of this poem, Cliff read it and had a flood of memories from those days at the lumber yard, where we worked together 1980-1983.

The man who ran the woodshop across the parking lot was named McLeod, and he was the one who grew the blue flowers.

Another few poems about all those scenes, coming soon.
Will Dockery
2018-04-12 14:36:12 UTC

Wow, thank you, Jim.
Will Dockery
2018-05-12 09:42:56 UTC

Thank you for the rare honesty, Jimmy.
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-05 23:42:57 UTC
Nice lament.
Will Dockery
2017-12-06 00:47:43 UTC
Thanks for reading and commenting, Corey, although your post has been deleted.

😀
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-06 00:51:07 UTC
You had your chance.
Will Dockery
2017-12-07 21:46:57 UTC
Thanks for reading and commenting, Corey, although your post has been deleted.
😀
Meaning I did see your post but you deleted it too quickly for me to reply, Corey.

Thanks, very to-the-point take on this poem from you.

Appreciated.
Will Dockery
2017-12-06 00:54:35 UTC
I'll look for it on Narkive.org later.

😀
Will Dockery
2017-12-06 03:48:56 UTC
Thanks again for reading and commenting, folks.

😀
f***@gmail.com
2017-12-06 07:30:42 UTC
Great! I loved it.
Will Dockery
2017-12-07 22:12:08 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
Great! I loved it.
Thank you for reading and commenting, Fui.

2018-01-18 21:44:46 UTC
Will Dockery
2018-02-03 04:08:10 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
Great! I loved it.
Thanks for having a read, glad you liked.
Will Dockery
2017-12-11 00:23:51 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
A nice lament is a good cry, and that
is how your poem reads, like a grown
man crying about his past failures.
Thanks, Corey, I knew you had it in you to make a worthwhile post.

Now, the original poem, which you snipped:

:)
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-11 00:32:55 UTC
You're welcome.
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-11 22:37:10 UTC
As I recall, and you can correct me if I'm wrong,
but you promised to make a comment on one of
my poems if I commented on yours. I'm waiting.
Will Dockery
2017-12-11 22:56:01 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
As I recall, and you can correct me if I'm wrong,
but you promised to make a comment on one of
my poems if I commented on yours. I'm waiting.
I did comment on your recent poem, "If I Failed", which I think is one of your best poems.

That's the poem of yours I've chosen to comment on and discuss.

If you'd like to repost "If I Failed", we can continue, if your interest is sincere.

:)
h***@gmail.com
2017-12-11 22:59:56 UTC
Yes, I saw your comment, and if that's the
best you can do, that's the best you can do.
No worries. I wasn't expecting much anyway.
Will Dockery
2017-12-11 23:03:14 UTC
Likewise, of course, as always, Corey.

😀
Robert Burrows
2017-12-11 02:14:00 UTC
Really like this one, Will.

Please forgive the edit...

another day passes
as if you never left

our love continues
You sleep or you wander

depending upon
the chosen myth

but those deep blue
flowers in a box

those deep blue flowers
the color of your eyes

those deep blue flowers
that I found blooming

in the lumber yard
and brought to you

that summer morning
in 1982

those flowers
that smelled like sassafras.

like you they never
leave my thoughts

day in, day out
Robert Burrows
2017-12-11 02:52:17 UTC
Really like this one, Will.
Please forgive the edit...

another day passes
as if you never left

our love continues
you sleep or you wander

depending upon
the chosen myth

but those deep blue
flowers in a box

those deep blue flowers
the color of your eyes

those deep blue flowers
that I found blooming

in the lumber yard
and brought to you

that summer morning
in 1982

those flowers

day in, day out
Herold Bopkins
2017-12-11 09:05:31 UTC
Post by Robert Burrows
Really like this one, Will.
Please forgive the edit...
Yes, it’s getting close to what one would call English.
Thanks for fixing (somewhat) the broken prose.
Post by Robert Burrows
Another day passes as if
you never left
our love continues,
Post by Robert Burrows
you sleep, or you wander
depending upon
the chosen myth;
but those deep blue
flowers in a box,
those deep blue flowers wear
the color of your eyes,
those deep blue flowers that I found
blooming in the lumber yard,
Post by Robert Burrows
I brought to you
that summer morning
in ‘82,
those flowers bloomed as fresh
that newly cut wood
Post by Robert Burrows
and smelled as sweet as sassafras,
reminding why
Post by Robert Burrows
you never leave
my thoughts
day in, day out.
Will Dockery
2017-12-13 23:49:23 UTC
Post by Herold Bopkins
Yes, it’s getting close to what one would call English.
Thanks for reading and commenting, Mr. Bopkins.
Post by Herold Bopkins
Post by Robert Burrows
Another day passes as if
you never left
our love continues,
Post by Robert Burrows
and smelled as sweet as sassafras,
reminding why
Post by Robert Burrows
you never leave
my thoughts
day in, day out.
-Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2017-12-15 00:00:49 UTC
Post by Herold Bopkins
Yes, it’s getting close to what one would call English.
Mr. Bopkins... the name sounds familiar...
Post by Herold Bopkins
Post by Robert Burrows
Another day passes as if
you never left
our love continues,
Post by Robert Burrows
and smelled as sweet as sassafras,
reminding why
Post by Robert Burrows
you never leave
my thoughts
day in, day out.
-Will Dockery
Welcome to the group, H.B.

2018-03-23 15:26:00 UTC
I have more stories from this exact time coming, to put into poetry form...
see:

"Clifford's Blues".
Post by Robert Burrows
Post by Robert Burrows
Another day passes as if
you never left
our love continues,
Post by Robert Burrows
and smelled as sweet as sassafras,
reminding why
Post by Robert Burrows
you never leave
my thoughts
day in, day out.
-Will Dockery
The 1980-1984 era will get in depth, characters such as Larry, Corso, JAG,
Clifford and his brother Troy, and Tina.
Will Dockery
2017-12-11 13:12:26 UTC
Post by Robert Burrows
Really like this one, Will.
Please forgive the edit...
another day passes
as if you never left
our love continues
you sleep or you wander
depending upon
the chosen myth
but those deep blue
flowers in a box
those deep blue flowers
the color of your eyes
those deep blue flowers
that I found blooming
in the lumber yard
and brought to you
that summer morning
in 1982
those flowers
that smelled like sassafras
like you they never
leave my thoughts
day in, day out
This looks smooth, Robert, I'll have a coffee now and compare it to the original for details.

Thanks again for tossing the S.S. topic to me, I have two-three possible ideas, and will float one out, soon...
Will Dockery
2017-12-11 04:44:28 UTC
Thanks for read, Robert.

Your edit looks good.
Herold Bopkins
2017-12-11 08:52:37 UTC
Deep Blue Sassafras
Suffering Succotash!
Lady, your bloomers are showing!!
Big and blue as Xmas balls
are shining,
my love for you is growing,
are those blue bloomers falling?

H.M.B.
-Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2017-12-11 22:05:32 UTC
Herold, you seem like you'll be an interesting addition to the group.

Welcome to the fray.

😀
t***@outlook.com
2017-12-21 16:59:55 UTC
Very sweet
Will Dockery
2017-12-21 17:42:15 UTC
Post by t***@outlook.com
Very sweet
Thank you, Travis.

I love your songwriting, as well.

😀
Will Dockery
2017-12-21 19:30:50 UTC
Post by t***@outlook.com
Very sweet
Thank you, Travis.
I love your songwriting and, even more, your performance, as well.
Check out some samples of the songwriting of Travis McCrackin:

https://www.reverbnation.com/travismccrackin

About the Artist
"I'm Travis! I enjoy playing and writing music and I figured I might as well put some of it out there, enjoy!"

😀
Will Dockery
2017-12-25 07:23:19 UTC
Post by t***@outlook.com
Very sweet
Thank you, Travis.
I love your songwriting, as well.
😀
Here, on the first appearance of Travis, I did mention I love his songwriting, obviously meaning I am familiar with work he has not posted here.

Then, ina post that can be seen on Narkive.org, I did fully introduce Travis McCrackin:

https://www.reverbnation.com/travismccrackin

Travis McCrackin
Singer Songwriter / rock/pop folk pop/folk Columbus, Georgia.

How's that?

:)
Coco DeSockmonkey
2017-12-25 07:34:56 UTC
Post by t***@outlook.com
Very sweet
Thank you, Travis.
I love your songwriting, as well.
😀
Here, on the first appearance of Travis, I did mention I love his songwriting, obviously meaning I am familiar with work he has not posted here.
https://www.reverbnation.com/travismccrackin
Travis McCrackin
Singer Songwriter / rock/pop folk pop/folk Columbus, Georgia.
How's that?
You know, if you really want to impress us, you could reprimand Dunce for posting a porn video (you wouldn't want your grandkids to see that). Or you could explain to Stephan that it's unacceptable for him to accuse me of being a pedophile because I found his pro-NAMBLA views disgusting.

I'm sure you'd elevate yourself several levels in many of our eyes, if you acted on your personal ethics rather than giving your toadies free reign.
Will Dockery
2017-12-25 07:47:06 UTC
Post by Coco DeSockmonkey
Post by t***@outlook.com
[...]
George Dance posted a porn video?

That must have been one of the many threads I've skipped over lately, not being involved in, or having much of an interest in, this big "World War Three" flame war you guys are all tangled up in.

I told you I was stepping back from all that, and I'm still stepped back.

And so it goes.
driveby
2017-12-25 15:39:58 UTC
Post by Coco DeSockmonkey
Post by t***@outlook.com
[...]
Here you go Will, an update to your 'skipped over'.....

me (driveby change)

Dec 23

You worry about the word fuck, Will.....kids might see....

talk to your Buddy George:

George J. Dance

10:04 AM (1 hour ago)
Post by Will Dockery
From that moment on, I've been drawn to all things pumpkin. Pumpkin-flavored candy, coffee, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, cookies, ice-cream, yogurt, jack-o'lanterns, costumes, photos, decorations, you name it. The year before last, my wife put 52 icing-pumpkins on the top of my birthday cake. :-)
I think it started with Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte, but over the past half-dozen year or so, the available variety of pumpkin-flavored food has expanded beyond my wildest expectations ... at least from October through December of each year.
https://www.pornhub.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ph59e635c45dc89
Will Dockery
2017-12-25 15:50:08 UTC
Post by driveby
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Coco DeSockmonkey
Post by t***@outlook.com
[...]
Zip it, Jim, I need no help reading and posting here.

2018-01-26 04:24:48 UTC
https://www.reverbnation.com/travismccrackin
Travis McCrackin
Singer Songwriter / rock/pop folk pop/folk Columbus, Georgia.
I got to the show late last night, Travis... did you leave early?

Had a good set. caught it on video, which may get posted, not sure yet.
Will Dockery
2018-02-22 11:13:28 UTC
Only in my own poetry, whatever you do wit your own poetry is your problem.
Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2017-12-25 01:43:56 UTC
Post by t***@outlook.com
Very sweet
Thanks for reading and commenting, Travis, and even more for joining the group with your poetry and voice.

2018-01-18 21:45:33 UTC
Post by t***@outlook.com
Very sweet
Thank you for reading and commenting, Travis.
Will Dockery
2017-12-22 10:36:25 UTC
For Corey, a poem about/for Katherine for you to judge.

😁
Will Dockery
2018-03-30 17:54:14 UTC
In my opinion one of the best of my new poems.
Will Dockery
2018-01-21 23:22:26 UTC
Thanks, fellow poets, for your scrutiny.

😀
Will Dockery
2018-02-23 00:10:19 UTC
Here is another of the new poems definitely to be included in the next
poetry chapbook, read and comment on the page if you have time?

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/V2fxTKcwMcI/jMQVL_nLAwAJ

Deep Blue Sassafras / a poem by Will Dockery

.
b***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 14:08:35 UTC
I cried when I read this, my hubs recently passed away and this says it all.
Thank you❤️
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 14:18:22 UTC
I don't know exactly what hubs are,
or how many you had pass away,
but you must be devastating.
drive-by
2018-02-23 14:21:36 UTC
:-)
Will Dockery
2018-02-23 19:18:15 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
I don't know exactly what hubs
Her husband, obviously.

--
Twilight Girl / Will Dockery & Henry Conley (new page remix)
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/24647258-twilight-girl--will-dockery-henry

.
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 21:38:52 UTC
Someone who's never posted
here before suddenly pops up
and says your poem made her
cry because it reminded her of
her husband who passed away?
Really? Is that what happened?
drive-by
2018-02-23 23:13:03 UTC
The woman who cried has no idea about the woman fat man is writing about..or why she ran from him....
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 23:18:18 UTC
Color me incredulous.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 04:11:53 UTC
Looks like Stephan made the correct call, you really are melting down
big-time tonight, Jim.
drive-by
2018-02-24 04:17:13 UTC
Pick saw his daddy shot dead by his grandma....he has been disturbed since....and of course, a coward.
Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
2018-02-24 04:57:58 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Looks like Stephan made the correct call, you really are melting down
big-time tonight, Jim.
Pick saw his daddy shot dead by his grandma....he has been disturbed since....and of course, a coward.
Will...actually, my father was killed by his mother-in-law...who I never met...and I didn't attend the funeral.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018-04-21 18:14:50 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Color me incredulous.
Sure, too bad you never learned to quote text so we'd know WTF you refer to
here.

2018-04-25 07:49:16 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Color me incredulous.
I know the feeling, believe it or not.

2018-02-24 04:10:07 UTC
Should I tell Clay you're making threats against him, Jim?
drive-by
2018-02-24 04:15:46 UTC
Should I tell Clay you're making threats against him, Jim?
...I want to ask him about you...if you consider that a threat, feel free....I'd like to know what he thinks of you as a father....you come here as some kind of gift to the masses...I want to compare notes...see if he's read your 'bio' things like that. No one should fear a senile old man. We might just get along....I could even show him my mullet.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 04:08:22 UTC
I don't hate your elderly fool ass to fight you, Jim, so if you come around
Doo-Nanny acting like a nut they'll either throw you out or we can let the
proper authorities figure out what to do with you, get it?
Will Dockery
2018-04-02 20:00:37 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Really? Is that what happened?
Yes, it really did happen, Corey.

2018-04-19 16:27:23 UTC
Apparently so, Corey...
Will Dockery
2018-05-12 08:23:02 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Someone who's never posted
here before suddenly pops up
and says your poem made her
cry because it reminded her of
bher husband who passed away?
Really? Is that what happened?
Yes, you know by now I've been widely promoting this newsgroup on the
internet, right, Corey?
Will Dockery
2018-02-23 18:55:26 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
I cried when I read this, my hubs recently passed away and this says it all.
Thank you❤️
Thank you, Sandra... click the link below for what I consider my best song/poem, "Twilight Girl":

https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/24647258-twilight-girl--will-dockery-henry
drive-by
2018-02-23 18:56:46 UTC
Trash...
1***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 18:33:22 UTC
Very interesting combination of eyes and flowers! I thank!!!
drive-by
Are you Putin us on?
ME
2018-02-23 18:43:12 UTC
Hahahaha!!
drive-by
2018-02-23 18:45:13 UTC
Hahahaha!!
DA
Will Dockery
Thank you, Olga, yes blue on blue...
drive-by
Hey Olga...you been Putin on the Ritz....
Will Dockery
2018-02-23 22:48:40 UTC
Not at all, Corey.

Let's see what you've come up with.

😀
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 22:50:42 UTC
Go stalk Sandra.
Will Dockery
2018-02-23 22:56:25 UTC
Is that the best you have, Corey?

😀
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 23:12:03 UTC
Best what? She's your admirer. You made her cry.
Go find her. Console her. Write her another poem.
Will Dockery
2018-02-23 23:23:21 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Best what? She's your admirer. You made her cry.
Go find her. Console her. Write her another poem.
Okay, that sounds better than your earlier post.

Thanks, Corey.

Here's what I've been sending out, at various "social networking" sites:

h***@gmail.com
2018-02-23 23:30:29 UTC
Well, good. That's important.
Feel all better now? I'm glad.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 05:00:56 UTC
I did read some of those posts, Stephan, but it isn't my or anyone else's
business what happened.
Chafetz Chayim benAvraham
2018-02-24 05:08:06 UTC
I did read some of those posts, Stephan, but it isn't my or anyone else's
business what happened.
I understand that, Will. Check your FB private message from me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2018-02-24 01:49:32 UTC
I can't think of any...
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-24 01:59:38 UTC
That's too bad.
If only you could.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 03:49:58 UTC
Reality check, old fool... you are 71 years old, have a history of seizures and strokes, with delusional fantasies of violent acts.

Have some warm milk and a nap, you senile geezer.

😀
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 03:51:57 UTC
Come on down to Doo-Nanny, I'll call 911 and let them figure out what to do with you.

😀
drive-by
2018-02-24 03:54:29 UTC
Wow, what courage...you are way too cool. Coward fuck.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2018-02-24 04:50:47 UTC
Come on down to Doo-Nanny, I'll call 911 and let them figure out what to do with you.
The Douchebag Drama Queen bunches his panties again! Quelle surprise.
"And again, anyone who believes they have THE answers, is suffering from
delusions of granduer, a liar, a fool, and lacking in mature perspectives."
- Edmo in self-diagnosis mode.
drive-by
2018-02-24 03:53:05 UTC
I hope you don't make me take this to Clay...you don't want me to do that, do you? You're a loser...have him come here and defend you, tell me what kind of man you are.......show us some courage..pudding face.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 04:54:28 UTC
Post by drive-by
pudding face
Oh, so you got splooged again?

You giggled as you wiped your chin, no doubt.

:)
a***@gmail.com
2018-02-24 03:52:35 UTC
AWESOME POEM BROTHER
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 04:52:02 UTC
Thanks for having a read and for the comment, Andrew...
r***@btinternet.com
2018-02-24 10:41:43 UTC
I found this to be very beautiful poem thank you. Best wishes from Rose
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 13:30:32 UTC
Thanks for stopping by, reading and commenting, Rose.
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 14:57:02 UTC
I was being serious.

:)
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-24 15:00:01 UTC
I KNOW. That's what's SO funny!
Will Dockery
2018-02-24 15:02:35 UTC
Deep Blue Sassafras

You never left
as another day passes.

Your love
my love
continues.

You sleep
or you wander,
depending on the chosen myth.

But those
deep blue flowers in a box
the color of your eyes.

The deep blue flowers
I found blooming
in the lumber yard.

I brought them to you
that summer morning in 1982.

The flowers
that smelled like sassafras.

Like you,
never leave my thoughts
day in, day out.

-Will Dockery

You found my poem funny, Corey?

How so?
h***@gmail.com
2018-02-24 15:11:29 UTC
NO. I found the fact that you were being serious funny!
You seriously couldn't discern that from what I'd posted?
s***@gmail.com
2018-02-25 19:35:31 UTC
reads like you just tossed this one out there doc...nice, but hast..never would have thought using sassafras in a poem though..let's see..there once was a girl smelled sassafras..through winter and fall twixt fields of grass..when once she felt of green and past..poppies came forth and witches brew tast..heh..and there you go.. <wink>
George J. Dance
2018-02-25 20:16:44 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Hmmm...

A girl would smell sassafras
All summmer, in fields of grass,
But they died in the fall
And the ice covered all,
So she slipped and fell on her ass.
Will Dockery
2018-02-25 21:39:09 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
It was a memorable smell, and vision... 36 years later and still as vivid as this morning.
--
Interview with artist George Sulzbach:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nla61NcT9Wo&t=527s

.
drive-by
some grunty's usually are.
Will Dockery
The nearly lost art of the OB Poem... thanks for the perspective, my friends.
Will Dockery

Thanks, for getting this thread back on track again...
George J. Dance
If it does. I hope so.
Will Dockery
2018-04-18 14:16:08 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Reasonably well, bringing new poets and readers in here slowly but steady. Did you see the poems and comments from my old friend from the poetry reading days of 20 years ago, Stephen Hawks? He posted his poems all on my thread so you may have missed them, superb poetry, highly crafted.

Right now, this is the promo post I'm putting out for a.a.p.c.:

"Talk about dark, this one is rather sad, but true story of my friends Joe and Irene from 1981-82 or so..."

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/2BiqeU7K91A/Sb8KOaczCgAJ

Needs a good guitar riff, melody... :D

Theory is they read and comment on the poem, then stick around to browse other poetry here.
Will Dockery
2018-02-25 19:53:50 UTC
Hello, Shaun... I didn't have to think to use the sassafras in the poem.

The flowers were blue and that's how they smelled.

😀
Will Dockery
2018-03-09 14:41:48 UTC
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.arts.poetry.comments/V2fxTKcwMcI/jMQVL_nLAwAJ

To Dan Davidson, who requested links to my newer poetry, here's a recent one of mine I continue to like after repeated views, "Deep Blue Sassafras".
Will Dockery
2018-04-02 06:48:44 UTC
Hey look, obsessio...

You missed a post to slobber over.

😀
Will Dockery
2018-04-12 01:48:23 UTC
Another one from the 1980-1983 era...

😀
Will Dockery
2018-04-17 23:24:34 UTC
Deep Blue Sassafras
You never left
as another day passes.
Your love
my love
continues.
You sleep
or you wander,
depending on the chosen myth.
But those
deep blue flowers in a box
the color of your eyes.
The deep blue flowers
I found blooming
in the lumber yard.
I brought them to you
that summer morning in 1982.
The flowers
that smelled like sassafras.
Like you,
never leave my thoughts
day in, day out.
-Will Dockery
To the top, for a friend... who has been watching today.

2018-05-12 15:59:06 UTC
Well, I've been here on the poetry group for many years, and I must say
things have never been creepier... what appears to be a seious threat to
murder me. Trolls, I know, but the weirdness of the fantasy would make
anyone pause, and take note... for future referemce.

Anyway, a return to poetry here would sure be a nice change of pace, here's
one of mine for C& C: