Deep Blue Sassafras / Will Dockery
2018-05-25 16:11:55 UTC
Interesting trivia, in real life, Charles Laughton was married to Elsa Lancaster.

Get that image:

Quasimodo married to the Bride of Frankenstein.

๐Ÿ‘
Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
2018-05-25 16:18:34 UTC
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 4:27:28 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney cannot ask questions...
Do yourself a favour. Everyone, for years, has know you are a bullshitting goy. Why don't you withdraw your presence. You are never taken seriously with your juvenile cartoonish mentality.
You haven't answered my question, Pick.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
STEPHAN PICKERING / ื—ืคืฅ ื—"ื ื‘ืŸ ืื‘ืจื”ื
Torah ืืœื™ืœื” Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa Researcher
ืœื—ื™ื•ืช ื–ืžืŸ ืจื‘ ื•ืœืฉื’ืฉื’...ืœืขื•ืœื ืœื ืขื•ื“
THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT
ืœืขื•ืœื ืœื ืืฉื›ื—

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
davening in the musematic dark
m***@gmail.com
Yeah, I'm sure by now we've all forgotten that you still haven't answered my question, Pick.
Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
2018-05-25 17:05:40 UTC
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 9:36:19 AM UTC-7, PaedoDaemon does not have an inquiring mind...
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
Yeah, I'm sure by now we've all forgotten that you still haven't answered my question, Pick.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...PaedoBarney's constant whining is ignored. I do not answer questions from disgraced, white supremacist, lying, opus dei trash.

m***@gmail.com
You don't answer questions from anybody, Pick. What are you trying to hide?
Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
2018-05-25 18:43:18 UTC
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 10:09:41 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney grovels...
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...PaedoBarney's constant whining is ignored. I do not answer questions from disgraced, white supremacist, lying, opus dei trash.
I 'hide' nothing. PsychoPaedoDaemonicBarney remains what my statements outline.

m***@gmail.com
2018-05-25 18:54:41 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 10:09:41 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney grovels...
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...PaedoBarney's constant whining is ignored. I do not answer questions from disgraced, white supremacist, lying, opus dei trash.
I 'hide' nothing.
Yes you do.

If you had nothing to hide, you'd have answered my question.
Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
2018-05-25 19:26:54 UTC
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 11:54:42 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney's ESL difficulties...
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 10:09:41 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney grovels...
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...PaedoBarney's constant whining is ignored. I do not answer questions from disgraced, white supremacist, lying, opus dei trash.
I 'hide' nothing.
Again, I do not discuss ideas or reality with his kind of fascist trash.

2018-05-25 19:40:19 UTC
Indeed, Stephan, this is a poetry group, personal questions are off topic.

๐Ÿ‘
h***@gmail.com
2018-05-25 19:47:36 UTC
So discussing ideas or reality
is off topic as far as you two
are concerned. Got it. Good to
know. That explains a lot.
Will Dockery
2018-05-25 20:38:16 UTC
No, Corey, not reality, really, but personal details such as family and real life details are inappropriate here, on a poetry group.
h***@gmail.com
2018-05-25 20:52:01 UTC
So you decide what's appropriate for you,
and leave other people to make decisions
for themselves. How about that? Snort. Ugh.
Will Dockery
2018-05-31 14:00:05 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
So you decide what's appropriate for you,
and leave other people to make decisions
for themselves. How about that? Snort. Ugh.
That seems to be a concept we all need to work on.

Fuck off, Will.
Michael Pendragon
2018-05-26 02:04:13 UTC
Indeed, Stephan, this is a poetry group, personal questions are off topic.
But personal insults are not?
m***@gmail.com
2018-05-25 16:35:33 UTC
Interesting trivia, in real life, Charles Laughton was married to Elsa Lancaster.
You just found this out???
Will Dockery
2018-05-25 16:49:53 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
Interesting trivia, in real life, Charles Laughton was married to Elsa Lancaster.
You just found this out???
No, but I didn't know much about Charles Laughton until somewhat recently.

I found one of his movies on DVD last night, "Captain Kidd", at a local used media store:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Kidd_(film)

"Captain Kidd is a 1945 adventure film starring Charles Laughton, Randolph Scott and Barbara Britton. It was directed by Rowland V. Lee and produced by Benedict Bogeaus and James Nasser. The music was conducted by Werner Janssen. The film was released by United Artists. It has entered the public domain because the producers neglected to renew the copyright in 1972..."

I haven't watched it yet, but it is good to have in the collection.
m***@gmail.com
It's a rather forgettable "B" film.
Will Dockery
2018-05-25 17:07:37 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
It's a rather forgettable "B" film.
The Charles Laughton film I really look forward to finding is The Beachcomber aka Vessel of Wrath:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vessel_of_Wrath

"Vessel of Wrath is a 1938 British film directed by Erich Pommer, and produced by Pommer and starring Charles Laughton and Elsa Lanchester. It was based on the Somerset Maugham short story "The Vessel of Wrath". The film is also known as The Beachcomber in the US...."
Will Dockery
2018-05-25 18:41:18 UTC
The main point is that the Hunchback of Notre Dame is considered one of the Universal Pictures "monsters", as is the Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, and so on.
Michael Pendragon
2018-05-26 02:03:35 UTC
The main point is that the Hunchback of Notre Dame is considered one of the Universal Pictures "monsters", as is the Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, and so on.
Not really.

The Lon Chaney version is considered, first and foremost, as a Lon Chaney film. Despite having been filmed at Universal, Chaney films constitute their own sub-genre.

It's technically considered a horror film, although it really doesn't fit the genre format; and, unlike horror, is adapted from a rather boring novel (French literature) by Victor Hugo. And, at least when I was a kid, we sometimes referred to horror films as "monster movies," so speaking in an extremely broad sense, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" is a monster movie.

However, the "Universal Monsters" generally refers to the quartet of monsters who appeared in franchise films throughout the 1930s and 40s: Frankenstein (The Monster), The Wolf Man, Dracula, and The Mummy.

The Hunchback, Quasimodo, was certainly not a monster. He was a physically deformed man who'd been abandoned as a baby and raised by the clergy at Notre Dame Cathedral.

That said, I think Hunchback poetry would qualify for this week's Sampler.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2018-05-26 02:36:19 UTC
[...]
How about Torgo? Or The Master?

Before you ask, I'm planning on doing Torgo.

http://www.jophan.org/mimosa/m18/brandt.htm

"What kind of movie would a fertilizer salesman from El Paso, Texas
make?" -- Michael Weldon, The Psychotronic Encyclopedia of Film
"And again, anyone who believes they have THE answers, is suffering from
delusions of granduer, a liar, a fool, and lacking in mature
perspectives."
- Edmo in self-diagnosis mode.
Michael Pendragon
2018-05-26 02:47:10 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
[...]
If they're in movies and considered "monsters," they should be good to go.
That was the first film book I'd ever come across that mentioned "Moonchild."
Will Dockery
I'm finishing mine up now, to be posted as a stand-alone post/thread.
Will Dockery
2018-05-27 22:51:38 UTC
Corey wrote in message news:1abce639-8cfe-4956-8927-***@googlegroups.com...

I was listening to Crimson and Clover
on the car radio the other day,
when someone asked who that was
covering the old Joan Jett song,
and suddenly I felt very, very old.

Then the news came on announcing
the sudden death of a local politician
of a massive heart attack. He was 60.

His funeral is this morning at the
Baltimore Hebrew Congregation.

Yes, I have had at least one friend pass away this year, almost twenty years
younger than me.
Will Dockery
2018-05-31 23:47:28 UTC
Someone who's never posted
here before suddenly pops up
and says your poem made her
cry because it reminded her of
her husband who passed away?
Really? Is that what happened?
What happened is I'm posting links and promoting the poetry group...
Will Dockery
2018-06-03 21:12:26 UTC
What do you get
Worthless trash from you lately, spambot.
Will Dockery
2018-06-05 05:30:29 UTC
No matter what your opinion may be, the Hunchback was a part of the Universal Pictures Monsters "franchise" .

Getting back to this, to correct your error, Pendragon.
m***@gmail.com
2018-06-05 13:05:58 UTC
No matter what your opinion may be, the Hunchback was a part of the Universal Pictures Monsters "franchise" .
Getting back to this, to correct your error, Pendragon.
No, he wasn't.

There was no "Frankenstein vs The Hunchback," or "House of Quasimodo," or "Abbott & Costello Meet The Hunchback of Notre Dame."

Add "franchise" to the ever-growing list of words and phrases that Douchebag Dockery refuses to understand.
Will Dockery
2018-06-05 09:04:52 UTC
Thanks for reading and commenting folks...
Will Dockery
2018-06-05 13:12:32 UTC
Look up "Universal monsters" on Wikipedia .
m***@gmail.com
2018-06-05 13:17:38 UTC
Look up "Universal monsters" on Wikipedia .
Look up "franchise" in any dictionary, dipshit.
Will Dockery
2018-06-05 14:25:46 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
No matter what your opinion may be, the Hunchback was a part of the Universal Pictures Monsters "franchise" .
Getting back to this, to correct your error, Pendragon.
No, he wasn't.
Yes, he was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_monsters

"The Universal monsters are fictional monsters that figured in various horror, suspense and science fiction films made by Universal Studios during the decades of the 1920s through the 1950s. They began with The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Phantom of the Opera [...] Universal continued with... Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man and Creature from the Black Lagoon."
m***@gmail.com
How many times are you going to flaunt your ignorance before looking up "franchise"?
Will Dockery
2018-06-05 15:03:52 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
"The Universal monsters are fictional monsters that figured in various horror, suspense and science fiction films made by Universal Studios during the decades of the 1920s through the 1950s. They began with The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Phantom of the Opera [...] Universal continued with... Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man and Creature from the Black Lagoon."
How many times
Look out, Pendragon's spambot rides again...

2018-06-09 08:05:42 UTC
What do you get when you cross crimson and clover with crystal blue
persuasion?
I was someplace last night, not sure where, during my Friday night errand in
Atlanta, and "Hamky Panky" by Tommy Hames came o the muzak in a store I was
in...

Wouldn't that song be considered "rock-n-roll", Pen?
Michael Pendragon
No.
Will Dockery
2018-06-14 14:31:31 UTC
What do you get when you cross crimson and clover with crystal blue
persuasion?
I was someplace last night, not sure where, during my Friday night errand in
Atlanta, and "Hamky Panky" by Tommy Hames came o the muzak in a store I was
in...
Wouldn't that song be considered "rock-n-roll", Pen?
No.
How does it miss the mark?

Will Dockery
2018-06-09 09:48:58 UTC