Deep Blue Sassafras / Will Dockery
2018-05-25 16:11:55 UTC
Interesting trivia, in real life, Charles Laughton was married to Elsa Lancaster.

Get that image:

Quasimodo married to the Bride of Frankenstein.

๐Ÿ‘
Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
2018-05-25 16:18:34 UTC
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 4:27:28 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney cannot ask questions...
Do yourself a favour. Everyone, for years, has know you are a bullshitting goy. Why don't you withdraw your presence. You are never taken seriously with your juvenile cartoonish mentality.
You haven't answered my question, Pick.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
STEPHAN PICKERING / ื—ืคืฅ ื—"ื ื‘ืŸ ืื‘ืจื”ื
Torah ืืœื™ืœื” Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa Researcher
ืœื—ื™ื•ืช ื–ืžืŸ ืจื‘ ื•ืœืฉื’ืฉื’...ืœืขื•ืœื ืœื ืขื•ื“
THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT
ืœืขื•ืœื ืœื ืืฉื›ื—

IN PROGRESS: Shabtai Zisel benAvraham v'Rachel Riva:
davening in the musematic dark
m***@gmail.com
Yeah, I'm sure by now we've all forgotten that you still haven't answered my question, Pick.
Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
2018-05-25 17:05:40 UTC
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 9:36:19 AM UTC-7, PaedoDaemon does not have an inquiring mind...
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
Yeah, I'm sure by now we've all forgotten that you still haven't answered my question, Pick.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...PaedoBarney's constant whining is ignored. I do not answer questions from disgraced, white supremacist, lying, opus dei trash.

m***@gmail.com
You don't answer questions from anybody, Pick. What are you trying to hide?
Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
2018-05-25 18:43:18 UTC
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 10:09:41 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney grovels...
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...PaedoBarney's constant whining is ignored. I do not answer questions from disgraced, white supremacist, lying, opus dei trash.
I 'hide' nothing. PsychoPaedoDaemonicBarney remains what my statements outline.

m***@gmail.com
2018-05-25 18:54:41 UTC
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 10:09:41 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney grovels...
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...PaedoBarney's constant whining is ignored. I do not answer questions from disgraced, white supremacist, lying, opus dei trash.
I 'hide' nothing.
Yes you do.

If you had nothing to hide, you'd have answered my question.
Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
2018-05-25 19:26:54 UTC
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 11:54:42 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney's ESL difficulties...
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 10:09:41 AM UTC-7, PaedoBarney grovels...
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Post by Chafetz Chayim haYehu'di
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...My statement stands. PaedoBarney's mental bankruptcy, fascism, and autocoprophagia continue unabated. These are noted, ignored, archived.
Shalom & Boker tov, everyone...PaedoBarney's constant whining is ignored. I do not answer questions from disgraced, white supremacist, lying, opus dei trash.
I 'hide' nothing.
Again, I do not discuss ideas or reality with his kind of fascist trash.

2018-05-25 19:40:19 UTC
Indeed, Stephan, this is a poetry group, personal questions are off topic.

๐Ÿ‘
h***@gmail.com
2018-05-25 19:47:36 UTC
So discussing ideas or reality
is off topic as far as you two
are concerned. Got it. Good to
know. That explains a lot.
Will Dockery
2018-05-25 20:38:16 UTC
No, Corey, not reality, really, but personal details such as family and real life details are inappropriate here, on a poetry group.
h***@gmail.com
2018-05-25 20:52:01 UTC
So you decide what's appropriate for you,
and leave other people to make decisions
for themselves. How about that? Snort. Ugh.
Michael Pendragon
2018-05-26 02:04:13 UTC
Indeed, Stephan, this is a poetry group, personal questions are off topic.
But personal insults are not?
m***@gmail.com
2018-05-25 16:35:33 UTC
Interesting trivia, in real life, Charles Laughton was married to Elsa Lancaster.
You just found this out???
Will Dockery
2018-05-25 16:49:53 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
Interesting trivia, in real life, Charles Laughton was married to Elsa Lancaster.
You just found this out???
No, but I didn't know much about Charles Laughton until somewhat recently.

I found one of his movies on DVD last night, "Captain Kidd", at a local used media store:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Kidd_(film)

"Captain Kidd is a 1945 adventure film starring Charles Laughton, Randolph Scott and Barbara Britton. It was directed by Rowland V. Lee and produced by Benedict Bogeaus and James Nasser. The music was conducted by Werner Janssen. The film was released by United Artists. It has entered the public domain because the producers neglected to renew the copyright in 1972..."

I haven't watched it yet, but it is good to have in the collection.
m***@gmail.com
It's a rather forgettable "B" film.
Will Dockery
2018-05-25 17:07:37 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
It's a rather forgettable "B" film.
The Charles Laughton film I really look forward to finding is The Beachcomber aka Vessel of Wrath:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vessel_of_Wrath

"Vessel of Wrath is a 1938 British film directed by Erich Pommer, and produced by Pommer and starring Charles Laughton and Elsa Lanchester. It was based on the Somerset Maugham short story "The Vessel of Wrath". The film is also known as The Beachcomber in the US...."
Will Dockery
2018-05-25 18:41:18 UTC
The main point is that the Hunchback of Notre Dame is considered one of the Universal Pictures "monsters", as is the Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, and so on.
Michael Pendragon
2018-05-26 02:03:35 UTC
The main point is that the Hunchback of Notre Dame is considered one of the Universal Pictures "monsters", as is the Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, and so on.
Not really.

The Lon Chaney version is considered, first and foremost, as a Lon Chaney film. Despite having been filmed at Universal, Chaney films constitute their own sub-genre.

It's technically considered a horror film, although it really doesn't fit the genre format; and, unlike horror, is adapted from a rather boring novel (French literature) by Victor Hugo. And, at least when I was a kid, we sometimes referred to horror films as "monster movies," so speaking in an extremely broad sense, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" is a monster movie.

However, the "Universal Monsters" generally refers to the quartet of monsters who appeared in franchise films throughout the 1930s and 40s: Frankenstein (The Monster), The Wolf Man, Dracula, and The Mummy.

The Hunchback, Quasimodo, was certainly not a monster. He was a physically deformed man who'd been abandoned as a baby and raised by the clergy at Notre Dame Cathedral.

That said, I think Hunchback poetry would qualify for this week's Sampler.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2018-05-26 02:36:19 UTC
[...]
How about Torgo? Or The Master?

Before you ask, I'm planning on doing Torgo.

http://www.jophan.org/mimosa/m18/brandt.htm

"What kind of movie would a fertilizer salesman from El Paso, Texas
make?" -- Michael Weldon, The Psychotronic Encyclopedia of Film
"And again, anyone who believes they have THE answers, is suffering from
delusions of granduer, a liar, a fool, and lacking in mature
perspectives."
- Edmo in self-diagnosis mode.