PPB: After Tea / F.O. Call
2019-02-02 19:35:17 UTC
After Tea, F.O. Call

See how the aged trembling hands of Day
Spill over the white cloth and tea-cups blue,
Red wine from his last goblet poured away;
So let me by the window sit with you
[...]

https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2019/02/after-tea-fo-call.html
Zod
Outstanding poem....
George J. Dance
Hi, Zod. I'm glad to see someone reading poetry on the group today, and I'm glad you liked Call's. He's another Canadian, long forgotten, even here.
r***@gmail.com
2019-02-02 22:00:36 UTC
After Tea, F.O. Call
See how the aged trembling hands of Day
Spill over the white cloth and tea-cups blue,
Red wine from his last goblet poured away;
So let me by the window sit with you
[...]
https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2019/02/after-tea-fo-call.html
Alter your course, young man,
For we shall dine as one!
Tops of heads hold hats,
Enough! Take them off!
Real as the dawn, we shall drink,

Tonight, then we shall
Enter our slumber—
After arranging our ghost, together.

r.0
George J. Dance
Hello, Richard. As a response, this is ... intriguing. I'd like to see what you do with it.
r***@gmail.com
2019-02-03 03:45:12 UTC
After Tea, F.O. Call
See how the aged trembling hands of Day
Spill over the white cloth and tea-cups blue,
Red wine from his last goblet poured away;
So let me by the window sit with you
[...]
https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2019/02/after-tea-fo-call.html
I see the aging hands that tremble, they
Will spill all over teacups and white clothes too,
Reduced wine gets thicker, then poured away,
But let us sit by Windows, though bills are due.
r***@gmail.com
But let us sit by Windows®️, our tax are due.
Will Dockery™
2019-02-03 04:55:37 UTC
F.O. Call is certainly a new poet for me, glad you are keeping him remembered, George.
George J. Dance
2019-02-03 18:53:03 UTC
The blog has become a place to find obscure poems by obscure poets. Itreally fell into that role by accident, but I agree that it's become its second-most important purpose. (Archiving my own poetry has to be #1, of course).
r***@gmail.com
2019-02-03 21:20:39 UTC
Post by Will Dockery™
F.O. Call is certainly a new poet for me, glad you are keeping him remembered, George.
The blog has become a place to find obscure poems by obscure poets. Itreally fell into that role by accident, but I agree that it's become its second-most important purpose. (Archiving my own poetry has to be #1, of course).
I like to delete my old shit...
but you keep trucking.
George J. Dance
That reminds me, Richard: you still have two poems on PPB.
r***@gmail.com
2019-02-04 06:57:39 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Will Dockery™
F.O. Call is certainly a new poet for me, glad you are keeping him remembered, George.
The blog has become a place to find obscure poems by obscure poets. Itreally fell into that role by accident, but I agree that it's become its second-most important purpose. (Archiving my own poetry has to be #1, of course).
I like to delete my old shit...
but you keep trucking.
That reminds me, Richard: you still have two poems on PPB.
Right—old poems that should be taken down, as, they have since, been revised
several times over.
George J. Dance
2019-02-04 12:51:40 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Will Dockery™
F.O. Call is certainly a new poet for me, glad you are keeping him remembered, George.
The blog has become a place to find obscure poems by obscure poets. Itreally fell into that role by accident, but I agree that it's become its second-most important purpose. (Archiving my own poetry has to be #1, of course).
I like to delete my old shit...
but you keep trucking.
That reminds me, Richard: you still have two poems on PPB.
Right—old poems that should be taken down, as, they have since, been revised
several times over.
That is not an issue; unlike with a printed publication, I can substitute new versions of the poem for the old on the blog at any time.

I'm glad you gave me a reason, so I could give you an alternative (just as, when Jim complained about his and a line of text on his wiki, I made sure those were not on the wiki). However, you can have them removed for no reason if you want, AFAIC; as the reason is not important. That would be only for you to justify the demand; and you can't do that anyway.

As I see it, if you put poems up on the blog, we've made an agreement - given each other out words. I'd never remove your poems on my own initiative, because that would be breaking my word to you. Similarly, if you tell me to remove them, I will, but not by agreement; you'll be breaking your word to me. And you'll be classified as an backstabber, a snake in the grass, someone who can't be trusted.

In that light, feel free to make a formal request. A note here on aapc will be sufficient.

In that light,

However, if you ask me to remove them, I'll remove them. I don't need to know the reason.
ME
2019-02-04 13:00:58 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Will Dockery™
[...]
IOW Richard, you are probably one of the very few living authors on his blog.

Similarly, if you tell me to remove them, I will, but not by agreement; you'll be breaking your word to me. And you'll be classified as an backstabber, a snake in the grass, someone who can't be trusted.

Oooooo Richard. Can you afford george’s threat?
You’ve got quite a dilemma.
That’s good to know george.
George J. Dance
2019-02-04 13:22:34 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by Will Dockery™
[...]
As usual, mini-ME, you don't know what you're talking about. There are 20-30. Of course, after getting burned once, I don't go out of my way to seek them out any more: I have to know something about the poet as well as the poem.
Post by ME
Similarly, if you tell me to remove them, I will, but not by agreement; you'll be breaking your word to me. And you'll be classified as an backstabber, a snake in the grass, someone who can't be trusted.
Oooooo Richard. Can you afford george’s threat?
You’ve got quite a dilemma.
Not really. I know a couple of people here who don't care if they're seen as reliable or not.
Why would you think so? This is really none of your business, as we all know. You don't have any poetry there, and probably never will.
ME
2019-02-04 13:30:37 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by ME
Similarly, if you tell me to remove them, I will, but not by agreement; you'll be breaking your word to me. And you'll be classified as an backstabber, a snake in the grass, someone who can't be trusted.
Oooooo Richard. Can you afford george’s threat?
You’ve got quite a dilemma.
Not really. I know a couple of people here who don't care if they're seen as reliable or not.
You certainly do. And how long have you and will been friends?
In that light, feel free to make a formal request. A note here on aapc will be sufficient.
However, if you ask me to remove them, I'll remove them. I don't need to know the reason.
That’s good to know george.
Why would you think so? This is really none of your business, as we all know. You don't have any poetry there, and probably never will.
You make it my business by posting it here george.
But bullying and threatening your poets makes you seem a little desperate to keep their poetry on your blog.
Will Dockery™
2019-02-04 13:37:58 UTC
how long have you and will been friends?
Since 2007 at least, possibly a bit earlier.
George J. Dance
2019-02-04 13:59:26 UTC
That’s good to know george.
Why would you think so? This is really none of your business, as we all know. You don't have any poetry there, and probably never will.
You make it my business by posting it here george.
So you're a gossip and a busybody, who likes to stick their nose in other people's affairs. Whatever; no one can stop you. That's good to know, too.
Post by ME
But bullying and threatening your poets makes you seem a little desperate to keep their poetry on your blog.
First of all, I'm not bullying anyone. Lie to people, and honest people will see you as a liar. Cheat people, and honest people will see you as a cheat. That's simply a fact of life - only liars and cheats would whine about it being unfair.

Second, of course I appreciate the reads Richard's brought to my blog (and I've brought to his poems), and definitely would like that to continue. But it's only .03% or so of total reads, so it's not a big deal in that respect.
Michael Pendragon
2019-02-04 13:51:48 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by George J. Dance
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by ME
Similarly, if you tell me to remove them, I will, but not by agreement; you'll be breaking your word to me. And you'll be classified as an backstabber, a snake in the grass, someone who can't be trusted.
Oooooo Richard. Can you afford george’s threat?
You’ve got quite a dilemma.
Not really. I know a couple of people here who don't care if they're seen as reliable or not.
Real editors don't classify contributors as "backstabbers" if they wish to remove their poem from a blog.

Publications generally receive 1-time rights to a poem. These rights usually include that the author keep it out of circulation for a period of 3 months following publication. Keeping a poem "published" indefinitely in a blog robs the poet of almost any chance of future publication for said poem.
Will Dockery™
2019-02-03 20:26:03 UTC
Both are important for the forward movement of poetry, of course.