"I Met A Girl" / a poem by Will Dockery
2017-04-04 23:07:55 UTC
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007

"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Will Dockery
2017-04-05 11:59:15 UTC
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007

"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.

Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.

:)
a***@gmail.com
2017-04-11 22:42:37 UTC
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007
"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.
:)
Good and almost as if I know you, very warm and personal poetry.

Enjoyed.
Will Dockery
2017-04-18 23:25:16 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007
"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.
:)
Good and almost as if I know you, very warm and personal poetry.
Enjoyed.
Hello April, glad you liked the poem.

And George Dance, I will be typing this one up very shortly...
g***@gmail.com
Agreed completely..........................
George Dance
Are the words online?
g***@gmail.com
Good words, hope he posts them.
Will Dockery
2017-04-24 02:40:26 UTC
Thanks Zod...

Lyrics are coming soon.

2017-04-23 20:56:52 UTC
George Dance:

I have the words to "I Met A Girl", in a dusty old tome dated May 8 1982. I'll take some time and type it up and post here soon. Quite a few lines on my old Underwood typewriter, originally titled "Twilight Zone" but later changed for obvious reasons...
Dental River
2017-04-24 02:27:28 UTC
That's a cool title for an old typewriter, why change it? Was the sixth grade already named "Twilight Zone"?
Richard Oakley
2017-04-24 02:48:54 UTC
Cheerios!
Dental River
2017-04-24 03:10:29 UTC
Stoned Wheat Thins!
Richard Oakley
Fired up Marshmallows!
George Dance
2017-05-04 16:32:29 UTC
Post by Dental River
Post by Will Dockery
I have the words to "I Met A Girl", in a dusty old tome dated May 8 1982. I'll take some time and type it up and post here soon. Quite a few lines on my old Underwood typewriter, originally titled "Twilight Zone" but later changed for obvious reasons...
That's a cool title for an old typewriter, why change it? Was the sixth grade already named "Twilight Zone"?
Pedant!

Did you know that Ayn Rand named herself after a typewriter?
Michael Pendragon
2017-05-04 18:54:43 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Dental River
Post by Will Dockery
I have the words to "I Met A Girl", in a dusty old tome dated May 8 1982. I'll take some time and type it up and post here soon. Quite a few lines on my old Underwood typewriter, originally titled "Twilight Zone" but later changed for obvious reasons...
That's a cool title for an old typewriter, why change it? Was the sixth grade already named "Twilight Zone"?
Pedant!
Did you know that Ayn Rand named herself after a typewriter?
Apparently, that's just an urban legend:

http://remingtonrand.dhwritings.com/AynRand.html
George Dance
2017-05-04 19:23:43 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Dental River
Post by Will Dockery
I have the words to "I Met A Girl", in a dusty old tome dated May 8 1982. I'll take some time and type it up and post here soon. Quite a few lines on my old Underwood typewriter, originally titled "Twilight Zone" but later changed for obvious reasons...
That's a cool title for an old typewriter, why change it? Was the sixth grade already named "Twilight Zone"?
Pedant!
Did you know that Ayn Rand named herself after a typewriter?
http://remingtonrand.dhwritings.com/AynRand.html
Thanks. That looks conclusive.

My source of the story was Barbara Branden's biography, which was based on interviews with Rand herself, so though she did not indicate which parts were Rand's own statements, I always thought that was.

(It was funny to see all the denunciations by name of the people responsible for that falsehood, yet no mention of Branden's; just a link to what looks like [from the first paragraph, which is all I bothered to read] a hit-piece on her.
There's a story there: Rand and Branden's husband Nathaniel were allegedly lovers for 10 years, and it was Nathaniel's taking another mistress that got him and Barbara drummed out of Rand's circle. But we have only the Brandens' word for that; the Orthodox Objectivists don't mention the circumstances, or even the Brandens.)
Will Dockery
2017-05-05 01:44:11 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Michael Pendragon
Post by George Dance
Post by Dental River
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
George, I typed up and posted the "I Met A Girl" poem in a new thread, check it out.

2017-05-05 18:47:23 UTC
George, I typed up and posted the "I Met A Girl" poem in a new thread, check it out.

For continuity, here it is here, as well:

May 4 (17 hours ago)

I Met A Girl

I met a girl
she came from California.
It was in a dream
we knew each other instantly.
She was a little freckled girl
from out of
my high school past.

And she looked up at me
and talked real spacey.
I've forgotten her name
though she told it to me twice.

We talked
a really detached situation.
She said years ago
I was so shy
she thought I was gay.
At this point I kissed her
and put my finger to her hole.

And she looked up at me
and talked real spacey.
I have forgotten her name
though she told it to me twice.

I don't know why it was
that I would think of her.
I made a couple of puns
about her name that made me blush.
But her softness in tone
made me feel all right.

All I want to do
is get in contact.

-Will Dockery / May 8 1982

2017-05-05 19:11:53 UTC
George, I typed up and posted the "I Met A Girl" poem in a new thread, check it out.
May 4 (17 hours ago)
I Met A Girl
I met a girl
she came from California.
It was in a dream
I kissed her
and put my finger to her hole.
All I want to do
is get in contact.
-Will Dockery / May 8 1982
Not at all creepy or stalkerlike.
Will Dockery
2017-05-05 19:14:05 UTC
George, I typed up and posted the "I Met A Girl" poem in a new thread, check it out.
May 4 (17 hours ago)
I Met A Girl
I met a girl
she came from California.
It was in a dream
I kissed her
and put my finger to her hole.
All I want to do
is get in contact.
-Will Dockery / May 8 1982
Not at all creepy or stalkerlike.
It was 1982, things were a lot different back then.

:)
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 19:16:43 UTC
Where'd you go to college again? The
rules of English haven't changed that much.
Michael Pendragon
2017-05-05 19:23:43 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Where'd you go to college again? The
rules of English haven't changed that much.
If you're talking to me, I went to Harvard on the Boulevard.

And you graduated from ...?
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 19:30:17 UTC
If I was talking to you, you'd know I was talking to you. That's how I talk.
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 20:00:39 UTC
When someone claims to have studied English in college,
but obviously doesn't read or write on a college level, it's
like someone claiming to have studied Computer Science
in college, and having difficulty navigating a mobile tablet.

Credibility belongs to the credible, not to incredible claims.
Incredibly, a college education isn't necessary to obtain and
maintain professional credibility. Credibility can be bought
with experience, but it has to be real personal experience.
Michael Pendragon
2017-05-05 20:17:52 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
When someone claims to have studied English in college,
but obviously doesn't read or write on a college level, it's
like someone claiming to have studied Computer Science
in college, and having difficulty navigating a mobile tablet.
Credibility belongs to the credible, not to incredible claims.
Incredibly, a college education isn't necessary to obtain and
maintain professional credibility. Credibility can be bought
with experience, but it has to be real personal experience.
You're the one challenging everyone about what college they studied English at. Yet, you write on the level of a Dr. Seuss story, and apparently have no formal education beyond high school.

And, yes, you're right that this is about credibility -- your credibility.

This whole thing started when you failed to comprehend one of George's posts, and responded with some half-baked truism about the author (ESVM). Since George's post was written in clear, concise English, one can only conclude that either your reading comprehension skills are lacking, or that you weren't really paying attention to what you were doing.

I had given you the benefit of the doubt, and assumed the latter; but since, you've seen fit to question everyone else's English skills/education instead of owning up to your mistake, I'm beginning to suspect that it is, in fact, the former.
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 20:23:56 UTC
I didn't actually challenge anyone. I actually only asked one question twice.
I actually have a Kappa key and an Honours degree, but don't like to brag.
Michael Pendragon
2017-05-05 20:34:10 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
I didn't actually challenge anyone. I actually only asked one question twice.
I actually have a Kappa key and an Honours degree, but don't like to brag.
Was this a mail-order degree?

Please supply the following information:

1) College,
2) Major.
Michael Pendragon
2017-05-05 20:36:23 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Keep your cookie. I'm not looking
for a commission. I'm just telling
you that you can make extra money
in your spare time using my posts,
that's all. No strings attached. No
obligations. No contracts. No worries.
You know you want the cookie.
Richard Oakley
2017-05-05 20:43:45 UTC
It's all crumbling away...
Brooke
2017-05-06 16:53:23 UTC
Fuck him. Give me the cookie and make it white chocolate macadamia, please.
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 20:44:45 UTC
Actually, I went to a sit down in class, go to school school
as an undergrad, but grad school was a more laid back, come
and go as you please as long as you do the work atmosphere.
We couldn't mail it in, because email didn't exist back then.
Michael Pendragon
For the 5th time ... what college did you attend, and what was your major?
Richard Oakley
So many places where Morbo could destroy this...
Richard Oakley
h***@gmail.com
+1
Richard Oakley
2017-05-05 20:28:03 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
with experience, but it has to be real, personal experience.
i beg to differ
as i go down

roads no one
could really

take. flights
that have a

fancy view
with colors

no one made
and shading

where the light
made mistakes.
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 20:35:20 UTC
i beg to differ as i go down roads no one could really take.
That's a sentence.
flights that have a fancy view with colors no one made and
shading where the light made mistakes.
That's not a sentence.

See the difference?
Michael Pendragon
Technically, neither is "See the difference?"
Richard Oakley
2017-05-05 20:46:19 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
i beg to differ as i go down roads no one could really take.
That's a sentence.
flights that have a fancy view with colors no one made and
shading where the light made mistakes.
That's not a sentence.
See the difference?
Technically, neither is "See the difference?"
Oh Micheal, give him a break! The "Do you" in "Do you see the difference?"
Is implied, nowadays.
Michael Pendragon
2017-05-05 20:48:49 UTC
Post by Richard Oakley
Post by Michael Pendragon
Post by h***@gmail.com
i beg to differ as i go down roads no one could really take.
That's a sentence.
flights that have a fancy view with colors no one made and
shading where the light made mistakes.
That's not a sentence.
See the difference?
Technically, neither is "See the difference?"
Oh Micheal, give him a break! The "Do you" in "Do you see the difference?"
Is implied, nowadays.
So Corey fashioned an implied sentence.

I'll send him another cookie.
Richard Oakley
lol
Richard Oakley
2017-05-05 20:41:16 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
i beg to differ as i go down roads no one could really take.
That's a sentence.
flights that have a fancy view with colors no one made and
shading where the light made mistakes.
That's not a sentence.
See the difference?
It's not suppose to be a sentence.
If I wanted to write a sentence,
I'd write a sentence.
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 20:49:13 UTC
Excuse me. I don't understand what you mean,
but I suppose if you wanted me to understand
what you mean, I'd understand what you mean,
because then you'd write more understandably.
Michael Pendragon
This time my 2 cents are on Richard.
Richard Oakley
...uck, I was told there was cake!
Richard Oakley
wiggle, wiggle
Michael Pendragon
2017-05-05 20:02:06 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
If I was talking to you, you'd know I was talking to you. That's how I talk.
No one ever knows who you're talking to.

Each time you make a post (apparently) responding to someone, the rest of us send each other emails, making bets on who it is.

In this instance, I was betting on myself; and, as I don't know that you were talking to me, I figure I must've lost. I owe somebody here at least seven cents, and would like to pay up -- so please identify the person you were responding to.
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 20:11:56 UTC
There are better, easier, more profitable
ways to make money from my posts than
that. Incredibly, people pay me to read to
them what you read here for free every day.
Michael Pendragon
That's nice. Your cookie's in the mail.
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 20:29:46 UTC
Richard Oakley
2017-05-05 20:18:56 UTC
They say, "Breaking up is hard to do."
Michael Pendragon
2017-05-05 19:21:41 UTC
George, I typed up and posted the "I Met A Girl" poem in a new thread, check it out.
May 4 (17 hours ago)
I Met A Girl
I met a girl
she came from California.
It was in a dream
I kissed her
and put my finger to her hole.
All I want to do
is get in contact.
-Will Dockery / May 8 1982
Not at all creepy or stalkerlike.
It was 1982, things were a lot different back then.
:)
I was around in 1982. It was a pretty eventful year for me: I graduated High School, went to Disney World, and joined the Navy.

And it would have sounded every bit as stalkerish then as it does today.
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-05 19:28:31 UTC
In 82, I had a one night stand
with a girl I met in a bar.
In 83, we got married.
In 86, our son was born.
It's been a blur since then.
Will Dockery
2017-05-05 21:46:07 UTC
Michael, the poem did begin with "It was in a dream..."

A lot of things happen in dreams differently than they do in real life, and this was IP me of them.

2017-05-06 02:57:54 UTC
Michael, the poem did begin with "It was in a dream..."
A lot of things happen in dreams differently than they do in real life, and this was IP me of them.
Okay, fine.

You dream about a girl you barely knew back in high school. You dream that upon meeting up with her, you almost immediately stick your finger in her "hole" (apparently to prove to her, or yourself, or both) that you weren't gay. Then you end the poem with an open message to her (presuming that might see it in print some day) telling her (in a Freudian double-entendre) that all you want to do is get in contact.

I'm sure any girl reading that would be flattered -- and would never dream of looking into the possibility of a restraining order. ;-)
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2017-05-06 03:28:46 UTC
Michael, the poem did begin with "It was in a dream..."
A lot of things happen in dreams differently than they do in real
life, and this was IP me of them.
Okay, fine.
You dream about a girl you barely knew back in high school. You dream
that upon meeting up with her, you almost immediately stick your
finger in her "hole" (apparently to prove to her, or yourself, or
both) that you weren't gay. Then you end the poem with an open
message to her (presuming that might see it in print some day) telling
her (in a Freudian double-entendre) that all you want to do is get in
contact.
I'm sure any girl reading that would be flattered -- and would never
dream of looking into the possibility of a restraining order. ;-)
Suggested title: "Will Dockery, Perverted Stalker: The Early Days".
"The Google archives; for 7 years and running--for all to see for as long
as the Internet shall live--evidences that I am the victor, and you
are the failures." - Edmo, keeping a record of his failures.
This signature was made by SigChanger.
You can find SigChanger at: http://www.phranc.nl/
Will Dockery
2017-05-06 05:29:38 UTC
Michael, the poem did begin with "It was in a dream..."
A lot of things happen in dreams differently than they do in real life, and this was one of them.
Okay, fine.
You dream about a girl you barely knew back in high school. You dream that upon meeting up with her, you almost immediately stick your finger in her "hole" (apparently to prove to her, or yourself, or both) that you weren't gay. Then you end the poem with an open message to her (presuming that might see it in print some day) telling her (in a Freudian double-entendre) that all you want to do is get in contact.
I'm sure any girl reading that would be flattered -- and would never dream of looking into the possibility of a restraining order. ;-)
Well, again, it was a poem based on a dream. A very sexual dream, true. I could have either not written the poem, changed the language or the "story" (which I actually did do a couple of years later, before just shelving the poem for 35 years, perhaps now I see for very good reasons, actually changing th line "put my finger to her hole" to "played in the snow" which made no sense, but I suppose that's better in this case) or, as I did do, shelve the poem.

I'm detecting a Bukowski influence in there, as well, which I now doesn't help matters. :)

I can also fall back on the Karla Rogers defense I suppose:

"Do not mistake the speaker of the poem with the writer of the poem..."

But in the end, I accept the blame... I was young, horny, had a thrilling dream, and wrote it down the next morning.

And so it goes... or in my dreams it went somewhat smoothly.

I'm just messing around. I've written stuff a hundred times more creepy in a stalker sorta way than that. For instance, I've got a first person, stream of conscious, psycho-stalker-killer story about a guy who kidnaps his pretty co-worker, beats her, rapes her, kills her, then rapes her again. Sonofabitch gets away with it, too.
Will Dockery
2017-05-06 08:09:26 UTC
[...]
I think I remember that one... or a poem of yours called "Stalker", or something similar to that?

In these super politically correct times, I'm even getting a bit of flack over my innocent comedy song about a truck stop hooker from a feminist, or either a troll pretending to be one:

:)
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-06 10:37:11 UTC
Most people probably imagine the life of a truck stop hooker
being tragic rather than funny, so if you're going to present it
as comedy, people need to know exactly what's funny. Chicks
have completely different senses of humor about prostitution.
Richard Oakley
2017-05-06 12:15:51 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Most people probably imagine the life of a truck stop hooker
being tragic rather than funny, so if you're going to present it
as comedy, people need to know exactly what's funny. Chicks
have completely different senses of humor about prostitution.
Well, I doubt his circle he runs within, really cares
about female sensibility.
Will Dockery
2017-05-06 18:09:46 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Most people probably imagine the life of a truck stop hooker
being tragic rather than funny, so if you're going to present it
as comedy, people need to know exactly what's funny. Chicks
have completely different senses of humor about prostitution.
"We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians, that's all." -Paul McCartney / 8-24-1966

http://www.beatlesinterviews.org/db1966.0828.beatles.html
h***@gmail.com
2017-05-06 10:30:20 UTC
Writing is more a responsibility than a blame game,
and accepting responsibility sounds a whole lot better
than accepting blame. Young, horny, and thrilling are
things that everybody can identify with. Crude, not so
much. Chicks don't dig crude references to their holes.
Put my finger to her, whole, looks and sounds less crude.
Richard Oakley
2017-05-06 12:13:51 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Writing is more a responsibility than a blame game,
and accepting responsibility sounds a whole lot better
than accepting blame. Young, horny, and thrilling are
things that everybody can identify with. Crude, not so
much. Chicks don't dig crude references to their holes.
Put my finger to her, whole, looks and sounds less crude.
I'm glad you're learning this,
but now it's time for practice.
Will Dockery
2017-05-06 17:52:51 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Writing is more a responsibility than a blame game,
and accepting responsibility sounds a whole lot better
than accepting blame. Young, horny, and thrilling are
things that everybody can identify with. Crude, not so
much. Chicks don't dig crude references to their holes.
Put my finger to her, whole, looks and sounds less crude.
Thanks for the perspective, and I got away from the "crude" phase very quickly and many years ago (the poem was written in 1982, remember).

I was going through a Charles Bukowski phase, not to mention long standing studies of Beat poets such as Ginsberg and Burroughs who also dealt in crude imagery often, and a heavy dose of the Atlanta punk rock scene I was living in and enjoying at the time.

I made the choice to post this poem and the others with minimal editing, so hang on to your hat, it may be a bumpy ride.

:)
Richard Oakley
2017-05-06 11:56:00 UTC
[...]
In my dream, she always comes
as we talk and lay for hours.

She would far better than the flowers
and loved all my various rums.

We had a safe place, here
even if butterflies turned to

lions, they would kneel down too
at bedside, as she twirled their hair.

In my dreams I climbed bowers
where fruits lay open, with me she comes.
Brooke
2017-05-06 16:28:49 UTC
George, I typed up and posted the "I Met A Girl" poem in a new thread, check it out.
May 4 (17 hours ago)
I Met A Girl
I met a girl
she came from California
we knew each other instantly.
She was a little freckled girl
she thought I was gay.
At this point I kissed her
and put my finger to her hole.
And she looked up at me
made me feel all right.
All I want to do
is get in contact.
-Will Dockery
Pedophilia and gay fantasy noted.
What a sick fuck you are, wanting to finger little girls.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2017-05-06 17:22:13 UTC
Post by Brooke
Post by Will Dockery
George, I typed up and posted the "I Met A Girl" poem in a new thread, check it out.
May 4 (17 hours ago)
I Met A Girl
I met a girl
she came from California
we knew each other instantly.
She was a little freckled girl
she thought I was gay.
At this point I kissed her
and put my finger to her hole.
And she looked up at me
made me feel all right.
All I want to do
is get in contact.
-Will Dockery
Pedophilia and gay fantasy noted.
What a sick fuck you are, wanting to finger little girls.
I used to wonder why little willie douchebag would defend Kluckles
Liezlotz. I don't anymore.
"... George Clooney, Cher and Jimmy Stewart--Three well known
politicians who were assassinated." - Edmo really loses it.
Will Dockery
2017-05-06 17:27:40 UTC
On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 12:28:50 PM UTC-4, Brooke wrote:

<snip>
Post by Brooke
Pedophilia and gay fantasy
No, you snipped my poem out of context (and showing your usual reading comprehension problems, I hate to remind you), which in the original complete form has neither of these:

[...]

First, it was a description of a dream, second, in 1982 when the poem was written, bout I and the female were well past 21 years of ae.

2017-05-06 17:39:42 UTC
Post by Brooke
Pedophilia and gay fantasy
No, [slap!]
Yes.

You disgusting freak. Joinn Kluckles in death real soon. Please?
"For the sake of the newsgroup I am going to get off for good." - Yet
another of Edmo's many lies.
Dental River
What if Will had come to stay at "The Brady Bunch" home for a time? How long would it have taken him to try something funny with one of the smaller kids, possibly cousin Oliver.
e***@gmail.com
Need the words to read....
Will Dockery
2017-04-26 12:17:03 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007
"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.
:)
Are the words online?
May be somewhat longer until I type these down, or up... I could take a photo of the original and post that online but probably will just wait a bit, last night was one of those long and difficult ones and I feel my age this morning.

2017-05-04 10:35:44 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007
"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.
:)
Are the words online?
Planning on this being the next of my older poems I type up, there were some good ones int that time period, 1981-82.

:)
George Dance
Excellent; I look forward to reading it.
Will Dockery
Thanks, George!
Richard Oakley
+1
Will Dockery
2017-04-12 18:03:37 UTC
Hello George D...

No, I will have to transcribe and type up the words to "I Met A Girl" since they were created in the studio with the rest of the band riffing.

At that time in 1982 the tape recorder seems to have been my "paper", my canvas.

2017-05-06 17:39:35 UTC
Wow, such typos, now corrected:

No, Brooke, you snipped my poem out of context (and showing your usual reading comprehension problems, I hate to remind you), which in the original complete form has neither of these:

[...]

First, it was a description of a dream, second, in 1982 when the poem was written, both I and the female were well past 21 years of age.

And so it goes.

2017-05-06 17:47:05 UTC
Wow, such typos
usual reading comprehension problems
That's a sad legacy to leave behind, douchebag. To think you've wasted your
life so and are too delusional to know it.
"I never said such an idiotic thing." - Ed demonstrates his
short-term memory loss.