"I Met A Girl" / a poem by Will Dockery
2017-04-04 23:07:55 UTC
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007

"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Will Dockery
2017-04-05 11:59:15 UTC
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007

"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.

Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.

:)
a***@gmail.com
2017-04-11 22:42:37 UTC
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007
"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.
:)
Good and almost as if I know you, very warm and personal poetry.

Enjoyed.
Will Dockery
2017-04-18 23:25:16 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007
"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.
:)
Good and almost as if I know you, very warm and personal poetry.
Enjoyed.
Hello April, glad you liked the poem.

And George Dance, I will be typing this one up very shortly...
g***@gmail.com
Agreed completely..........................
George Dance
Are the words online?
g***@gmail.com
Good words, hope he posts them.
Will Dockery
2017-04-24 02:40:26 UTC
Thanks Zod...

Lyrics are coming soon.

2017-04-23 20:56:52 UTC
George Dance:

I have the words to "I Met A Girl", in a dusty old tome dated May 8 1982. I'll take some time and type it up and post here soon. Quite a few lines on my old Underwood typewriter, originally titled "Twilight Zone" but later changed for obvious reasons...
Dental River
2017-04-24 02:27:28 UTC
That's a cool title for an old typewriter, why change it? Was the sixth grade already named "Twilight Zone"?
Richard Oakley
2017-04-24 02:48:54 UTC
Cheerios!
Dental River
2017-04-24 03:10:29 UTC
Stoned Wheat Thins!
Richard Oakley
Fired up Marshmallows!
George Dance
2017-05-04 16:32:29 UTC
Post by Dental River
Post by Will Dockery
I have the words to "I Met A Girl", in a dusty old tome dated May 8 1982. I'll take some time and type it up and post here soon. Quite a few lines on my old Underwood typewriter, originally titled "Twilight Zone" but later changed for obvious reasons...
That's a cool title for an old typewriter, why change it? Was the sixth grade already named "Twilight Zone"?
Pedant!

Did you know that Ayn Rand named herself after a typewriter?
e***@gmail.com
Need the words to read....
Will Dockery
2017-04-26 12:17:03 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007
"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.
:)
Are the words online?
May be somewhat longer until I type these down, or up... I could take a photo of the original and post that online but probably will just wait a bit, last night was one of those long and difficult ones and I feel my age this morning.

2017-05-04 10:35:44 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSepWRUDxAl/?taken-by=willdockery007
"I Met A Girl" poem-song by Will Dockery (vocals), Jim Pontius (guitar), Tito Wals (bass). Recorded 1982 in Atlanta.
Looking around, I'm surprised that this poem never made it onto the internet in any form until now, and it didn't even make the cut on my first chapbook, which I put out the year later, although it contained poems all written during this same time period of 1981-82. So, another poem to type up for an internet debut this month.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVRLlOjYX3/?taken-by=willdockery007
Cover art for "Red Zeros" first Will Dockery poetry chapbook, summer 1983.
:)
Are the words online?
Planning on this being the next of my older poems I type up, there were some good ones int that time period, 1981-82.

:)
George Dance
Excellent; I look forward to reading it.
Will Dockery

Will Dockery
2017-04-12 18:03:37 UTC
Hello George D...

No, I will have to transcribe and type up the words to "I Met A Girl" since they were created in the studio with the rest of the band riffing.

At that time in 1982 the tape recorder seems to have been my "paper", my canvas.