Obama! vs. Ayn Rand
George Dance
2012-10-27 18:58:25 UTC
"'The President is pulling the same old trick that collectivists have been pulling for the last hundred fifty years. Rather than openly defend the proposition that you have a duty to serve society, he misrepresents and smears individualism."
- Don Watkins, Ayn Rand Institute

GD's Political Animal: "Ayn Rand Institute Questions Whether Obama Has Read Ayn Rand"
http://gdspoliticalanimal.blogspot.ca/2012/10/ayn-rand-institute-questions-whether.html
Hieronymous707
2012-10-28 12:11:32 UTC
OMG! Why, why, WHY?

LOL.
George Dance
2012-10-28 15:32:57 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
OMG! Why, why, WHY?
Because Paul Ryan called /Atlas Shrugged/ one of his favorite books; and the chance to call him a 'misunderstood teenager' was too good for B.O. to pass up.
Post by Hieronymous707
LOL.
I thought /Reason's/ take on the interview was funny (though YMMV, of course):

Rolling Stone Continues Proud Tradition of Kissing Barack Obama's Ring
http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/26/rolling-stone-continues-proud-tradition
Hieronymous707
2012-10-28 15:46:11 UTC
Ryan told the National Review. “I, like millions of young people in America, read Rand’s novels when I was young. I enjoyed them. I reject her philosophy.” after previously telling the Atlas Society “I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand." What's to misunderstand? LOL.
Hieronymous707
2012-10-28 16:20:48 UTC
Ryan's claims to have six to eight percent body fat and to have once run a marathon in under three hours were also widely reported before being similarly recanted and disavowed. Atlas shrugged? Yeah, right. LOL.
Hell Stomper
2012-10-28 17:00:50 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Ryan's claims to have six to eight percent body fat and to have once run a marathon in under three hours were also widely reported before being similarly recanted and disavowed. Atlas shrugged? Yeah, right. LOL.
Atlas puked and died.
Vultures picked at his rancid corpse until
some people from a nearby village shooed them away.
They dragged the shredded remains through the streets of Chicago,
laughing and shooting people at random.
An old black man began to shout at the mob, that they were acting
like fools. They noticed this and set him on fire.
Hieronymous707
2012-10-28 17:04:10 UTC
Buildings in and around Toronto are among the most deadly in the world for migratory birds that crash into their gleaming facades. It has been estimated that one million to nine million birds die every year from impact with buildings in the Toronto area. Read more about the innovative efforts being undertaken to improve safety for birds there: http://nyti.ms/VwQJKS
Hell Stomper
2012-10-28 17:12:54 UTC
LOUSY CANUCK BIRD KILLING BASTARDS FROM HELL!!!
Hieronymous707
2012-10-28 17:42:18 UTC
George lives in Toronto.
He'll take care of them.
George Dance
2012-10-28 17:58:05 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
George lives in Toronto.
He'll take care of them.
I'm sure I can count on your support, Corey.

Your posts are always for the birds.
Hieronymous707
2012-10-28 18:08:06 UTC
I'd say "Go Ravens!" but the team has a bye this week.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
http://www.heise.de/ix/raven/Literature/Lore/TheRaven.html
Hell Stomper
2012-10-28 18:55:40 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I'd say "Go Ravens!" but the team has a bye this week.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'http://www.heise.de/ix/raven/Literature/Lore/TheRaven.html
You know that part that goes like, "..as each dying ember cast its
ghost upon the floor"?
Yeah, that was cool. I mean like, only a really cool, awesome person
would say something like that.
I mean like, really cool.
Like, totally.
Hieronymous707
2012-10-28 19:12:18 UTC
Yeah, Poe's a cool character and among "Baltimore's Best". You ever hear of a guy named Karl Shapiro? He's another local guy of some renown. If you're not familiar, check this out.

The Dirty Word
by Karl Shapiro

The dirty word hops in the cage of the mind like the Pondicherry vulture, stomping with its heavy claw on the sweet meat of the brain and tearing it with its vicious beak, ripping and chopping the flesh. Terrified, the small boy bears the big bird of the dirty word into the house, and, grunting, puffing, carries it up the stairs to his own room in the skull. Bits of black feather cling to his clothes and his hair as he locks the staring creature in the dark closet.

All day the small boy returns to the closet to examine and feed the bird, to caress and kick the bird, that now snaps and flaps its wings savagely whenever the door is opened. How the boy trembles and delights at the sight of the white excrement of the bird! How the bird leaps and rushes against the walls of the skull, trying to escape from the zoo of the vocabulary! How wildly snaps the sweet meat of the brain in its rage.

And the bird outlives the man, being freed at the man’s death-funeral by a word from the Rabbi.

(But I one morning went upstairs and opened the door and entered the closet and found the great bird dead. Softly I wept it and softly removed it and softly buried the body of the bird in the hollyhock garden of the house I lived in twenty years before. And out of the worn black feathers of the wing I have made these pens to write these elegies, for I have outlived the bird, and I have murdered it in my early manhood).
Hell Stomper
2012-10-28 23:47:03 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
You do realize don't you, that there isn't a chance in hell that
anybody is going to click on your post with the header that reads,
"SEE ME NAKED"?
Hieronymous707
2012-10-28 23:56:28 UTC
Why not? You did. LOL.
Hell Stomper
2012-10-29 00:00:42 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Why not? You did. LOL.
I click on everything, but I am a masochist.
Hieronymous707
2012-10-29 01:17:44 UTC
That explains a lot actually.
George Dance
2012-10-29 14:27:03 UTC
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
Someone using the "new Google Groups" interface might, because it displays only the Original header and poster, rather than the most current ones. There may be a way to change that, but I don't see one. Any Google user finding the thread would think you and Corey are still discussing "Obama! vs Ayn Rand".

Speaking of which, here's another story on the same subject:

"Obama Thinks Ayn Rand is For Teens (For Predictably Childish Reasons) - Reason.com"

http://gdspoliticalanimal.blogspot.ca/2012/10/obama-thinks-ayn-rand-is-for-teens-for_29.html
Hieronymous707
2012-10-29 15:37:45 UTC
The "most important question" anybody could ever ask President Obama is about a dead Russian novelist. OMG, that's rich.
Hell Stomper
2012-10-29 22:41:39 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
The "most important question" anybody could ever ask President Obama is about a dead Russian novelist. OMG, that's rich.
There is only one question and we all know what it is. Ready? All
together now...
Who is......?
George Dance
2012-10-30 13:11:27 UTC
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
The "most important question" anybody could ever ask President Obama is about a dead Russian novelist. OMG, that's rich.
There is only one question and we all know what it is. Ready? All
together now...
"Halloween's coming up. If you could have Mitt Romney dress in a costume, what should he be for Halloween?"

http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/26/rolling-stone-continues-proud-tradition

At least Rolling Stone asked Obama! that. They didn't have time for anything about the NDAA, marijuana, or Gitmo, but they were able to get that in.
Who is......?
Hieronymous707
I don't understand your exclamation, or point.
Hell Stomper
2012-10-30 16:08:46 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by George Dance
Post by Hieronymous707
The "most important question" anybody could ever ask President Obama is about a dead Russian novelist. OMG, that's rich.
There is only one question and we all know what it is.  Ready?  All
together now...
"Halloween's coming up. If you could have Mitt Romney dress in a costume, what should he be for Halloween?"
http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/26/rolling-stone-continues-proud-tradi...
At least Rolling Stone asked Obama! that. They didn't have time for anything about the NDAA, marijuana, or Gitmo, but they were able to get that in.
Who is......?
I don't understand your exclamation, or point.
If you need a reminder to buy bottled water and tape the widows before
a hurricane, Obama is your man.

If you’re running a machine gun, soon to be covered in your own blood,
on the roof of a building under fire in Libya at 3 a.m., if you’ve
called three times over a period of almost seven hours for air cover
that is within a couple of hours away (or, as we might learn, in the
armed drone directly above) — well, you’re on your own.

The president will get back to you.
Hieronymous707
2012-10-30 19:08:36 UTC
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by George Dance
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
If personal integrity matters to you at all, then Semper fi. Otherwise
nevermind.
t***@veryfast.biz
2012-10-30 20:18:01 UTC
Well said, Hellstomper.
Hieronymous707
2012-10-30 21:03:09 UTC
Post by t***@veryfast.biz
Well said, Hellstomper.
Semper fi, Chuck. Look it up.
t***@veryfast.biz
2012-10-31 00:02:28 UTC
Perhaps you should ask Peter J Ross what it means.
Hieronymous707
2012-10-31 00:04:55 UTC
I didn't ask what it means. I know exactly what it means. I said look it up. It's the very least you can do.
George Dance
2012-10-31 04:00:50 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I didn't ask what it means. I know exactly what it means. I said look it up. It's the very least you can do.
From his earlier post, it sounds like Chuck did look it up here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!topic/rec.arts.poems/i2KnmI3jYOk
t***@veryfast.biz
2012-10-31 08:37:04 UTC
Thanks George. Just another example of how vile and contemptible Peter J Ross is.
Will Dockery
2012-10-31 12:19:03 UTC
Post by George Dance
"'The President is pulling the same old trick that collectivists have been pulling for the last hundred fifty years. Rather than openly defend the proposition that you have a duty to serve society, he misrepresents and smears individualism."
- Don Watkins, Ayn Rand Institute
GD's Political Animal: "Ayn Rand Institute Questions Whether Obama Has Read Ayn Rand"
http://gdspoliticalanimal.blogspot.ca/2012/10/ayn-rand-institute-questions-whether.html
Pretty interesting... so Obama's not an Ayn Rand fan.

Who ever would have guessed?

Her influence on me and my art is the road not taken...

I first read Ayn Rand back in 1982, and was floored and enthralled by the adventures and thoughts of the iconic characters of The Fountainhead... Howard Roark, the ultimate spokesman for Creator's Rights, Dominique Franken the strong-willed and elusive Muse, Elsworth Tooey the borrower and colaborator, and so on and on.
And all of these statements by Paul Ryan, I can agree with and chuckle at the irony of roads not taken:
<quoted text>
Still fascinating and complicated influence, Ayn Rand. Like Paul Ryan, I can say the same as he dows about the influence of Ayn Rand on my life and art.
A couple of quick quotes from Ayn Rand herself (or rather Howard Roark in The Fountainhead) that made me set the book down and say "Yeah..." and move forward as a creator myself, immediately typing up and self-publishing my first chapbook of poems, my first poetic /skyline/:
http://www.nasonart.com/personal/lifelessons/fountainhead.html
"The creator originates... The creator faces nature alone.
The basic need of the creator is independence. The reasoning mind cannot work under any form of compulsion. It cannot be curbed, sacrificed or subordinated to any consideration whatsoever. It demands total independence in function and in motive. To a creator, all relations with men are secondary... one cannot give that which has not been created. Creation comes before distribution—or there will be nothing to distribute. The need of the creator comes before the need of any possible beneficiary. Yet we are taught to admire the second-hander who dispenses gifts he has not produced above the man who made the gifts possible. We praise an act of charity. We shrug at an act of achievement." -Ayn Rand

--
"Over You" / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_13207558
Peter J Ross
2012-10-31 19:16:02 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 31 Oct 2012 01:37:04 -0700 (PDT),
Post by t***@veryfast.biz
vile and contemptible
http://shywriter.diaryland.com/
--
PJR :-) | οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ, τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
t***@veryfast.biz
2012-10-31 19:51:31 UTC
Ross. How's your dead Mother?
Peter J Ross
2012-10-31 20:08:05 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 31 Oct 2012 12:51:31 -0700 (PDT),
Post by t***@veryfast.biz
Ross. How's your dead Mother?
Remarkably lively for a corpse, last time I spoke to her. She enjoyed
her recent 83rd birthday.

She's never refused to tell me she loved me, but I've never felt so
comically insecure that I needed to ask.

===[begin_quoted_text]================================================
A few weeks ago I asked my mom if she still loved me, or cared about
me. She said, "Well..." Do you have any idea how that would make a man
feel?
===[end_quoted_text]==================================================
Hieronymous707
2012-10-31 22:18:50 UTC
My mom sent me a small check in a big card wishing me birthday. Moms have a way of making you feel like a little kid no matter how old you get.
t***@veryfast.biz
2012-11-01 03:06:12 UTC
I agree, Corey. Thanks for sharing.
Hieronymous707
2012-11-01 09:25:36 UTC
Fuck that. Call your mom, asshole.
t***@veryfast.biz
2012-11-01 12:01:56 UTC
I speak with her just about every day,dumbass. My family is coming to see me Christmas.
Hieronymous707
2012-11-01 12:27:40 UTC
I don't care how fucking often you two talk. One more time can't fucking hurt, can it? It is a bit surprising (NOT) that you'd respond so defensively to such an innocuous request as call your mom. Maybe, despite the fact that you talk to her just about every day, you never actually tell her what you really, really, really want to say. Maybe my use of the word asshole got you all preoccupied with your own asshole and all the cancer left in there so that you couldn't think straight with respect to other people. Maybe you just have your head up your ass. No worries. It happens to the best of us. Now wash your face, clean your ears, and call your mom. Stop acting like your asshole is the most important thing in the world. It's just an asshole, asshole.
t***@veryfast.biz
2012-11-01 13:13:06 UTC
You're contradicting yourself again, Corey.
Hieronymous707
2012-11-01 13:17:05 UTC
LOL. Say it AGAIN, asshole!
t***@veryfast.biz
2012-11-01 13:20:54 UTC
Try making sense, Corey.
Hieronymous707
2012-11-01 13:59:47 UTC
Be specific, asshole.
Peter J Ross
2012-11-09 17:42:56 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 1 Nov 2012 05:01:56 -0700 (PDT),
Post by t***@veryfast.biz
My family is coming to see me Christmas.
Evidently it will be an open coffin.
Chuck Lysaght
2012-11-09 18:18:28 UTC
Ross. Your replies are lame. Get a fucking life.
Will Dockery
2012-11-11 20:44:19 UTC
PJR's life /is/ following you, Chuck... heh.
Will Dockery
2012-11-11 20:43:25 UTC
Evidently it will be an open coffin.
Can't make up your mind can you, PJR?

Will Dockery
2012-11-03 22:54:03 UTC
Post by t***@veryfast.biz
Ross. How's your dead Mother?
Remarkably lively for a corpse, last time I spoke to her. She enjoyed
her recent 83rd birthday.
She's never refused to tell me she loved me
A face only a mudder could love...
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Hieronymous707
2012-10-31 08:41:19 UTC
I recognize the reference, as well as the propensity for denial, obfuscation, and deflection. Thanks.
Will Dockery
2012-11-03 21:26:04 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Hieronymous707
I didn't ask what it means. I know exactly what it means. I said look it
up. It's the very least you can do.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!topic/rec.arts.poems/i2KnmI3jYOk
Great thread, folks...

Will Dockery
A chilling reminder of the "3am call" Mrs. Clinton foretold...
Will Dockery
2012-11-11 18:10:44 UTC
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
The "most important question" anybody could ever ask President Obama is
about a dead Russian novelist. OMG, that's rich.
There is only one question and we all know what it is. Ready? All
together now...
"Halloween's coming up. If you could have Mitt Romney dress in a costume,
what should he be for Halloween?"

http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/26/rolling-stone-continues-proud-tradition

At least Rolling Stone asked Obama! that. They didn't have time for anything
about the NDAA, marijuana, or Gitmo, but they were able to get that in.
Post by Hell Stomper
Who is......?
I missed that... what was Obama's Halloween costume?

General Zod
Interesting slice of history here....
George J. Dance
2020-01-14 13:51:31 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
Shapiro is a good minor poet, who won the Pulitzer. (Perhaps the first Jew to win one for poetry; too bad I can't check with Stephan anymore.)

Here's a link to some of his other poems:
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poets/karl-shapiro
Will Dockery
2020-01-14 17:30:56 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
Karl Shapiro's poetry has been mentioned and quoted here a few times, I think even Stuart L. mentioned admiring Karl Shapiro's poetry, we should get Zod to check the archives.

;)
Mr Zodiac
Thanks again....
Will Dockery
2012-11-05 18:04:52 UTC
"Hieronymous707" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea18bbe8-e22f-4fdd-980b-***@googlegroups.com...
Ryan told the National Review. “I, like millions of young people in America,
read Rand’s novels when I was young. I enjoyed them. I reject her
philosophy.” after previously telling the Atlas Society “I got involved in
public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it
would be Ayn Rand." What's to misunderstand? LOL.

*** Good to know Ryan and me don't agree after all.

--
Over You / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_xzWH8
Will Dockery
2012-11-05 18:01:50 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Hieronymous707
OMG! Why, why, WHY?
Because Paul Ryan called /Atlas Shrugged/ one of his favorite books; and
the chance to call him a 'misunderstood teenager' was too good for B.O. to
pass up.
Post by Hieronymous707
LOL.
Rolling Stone Continues Proud Tradition of Kissing Barack Obama's Ring
http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/26/rolling-stone-continues-proud-tradition
Obama sure missed the boat on Ayn Rand.

--
Over You / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:

Will Dockery
2012-12-02 12:58:15 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Hieronymous707
OMG! Why, why, WHY?
Because Paul Ryan called /Atlas Shrugged/ one of his favorite books; and
the chance to call him a 'misunderstood teenager' was too good for B.O. to
pass up.
Post by Hieronymous707
LOL.
Rolling Stone Continues Proud Tradition of Kissing Barack Obama's Ring
http://reason.com/blog/2012/10/26/rolling-stone-continues-proud-tradition
I missed most of this thread first time around.

Yes, some funny stuff there.

--
Under The Radar / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/12609809
Will Dockery
2020-01-14 18:52:05 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
Karl Shapiro's poetry has been mentioned and quoted here a few times, I think even Stuart Leichter mentioned admiring Karl Shapiro's poetry, we should get Zod to check the archives.

I deleted the post above, corrected the selling of Stuart's name, and re-posted it.

HTH & HAND.

2020-01-14 18:54:36 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
You corrected the selling of Stuart’s name? Do you mean spelling? What
about the hacker? Are you sticking to that story, or have you given it up?
Will Dockery
2012-11-05 18:34:42 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Defensive self-interest.
"Which side are you on?"

"Mine."

--
Over You / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_xzWH8
Hieronymous707
2012-11-05 19:18:46 UTC
Dumbass.
Will Dockery
2012-11-05 22:32:04 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Dumbass.
The New No Comment.
Hieronymous707
The new whatever, Will.
Will Dockery

Didn’t you just post and delete that, or was that the hacker?
Will Dockery
2020-01-14 18:38:16 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
No, I corrected some spelling from the last post.

No you didn’t just post that, or no there is no hacker?
Will Dockery

No, he didn't post "that" (he posted something else).
Hieronymous Corey
Thank you for trying to be helpful. That is what you were doing, wasn’t it?
Mr Zodiac

Will Dockery
2012-10-31 12:09:51 UTC
Post by George Dance
"'The President is pulling the same old trick that collectivists have been pulling for the last hundred fifty years. Rather than openly defend the proposition that you have a duty to serve society, he misrepresents and smears individualism."
- Don Watkins, Ayn Rand Institute
GD's Political Animal: "Ayn Rand Institute Questions Whether Obama Has Read Ayn Rand"
http://gdspoliticalanimal.blogspot.ca/2012/10/ayn-rand-institute-questions-whether.html
Pretty interesting... so Obama's not an Ayn Rand fan.

Who ever would have guessed?

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Hieronymous707
2012-10-31 12:24:14 UTC
Ryan is the reason Rand is part of the discussion. Try to stay focused on what's specifically relevant. Make as much sense as you can. Have the best day possible under the circumstances.
Will Dockery
2012-10-31 13:47:54 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Ryan is the reason Rand is part of the discussion.
Not for me.

Feel free to take it or leave it, pal.

Hieronymous707
2012-10-31 14:26:52 UTC
You may apply Rand's philosophy to whatever context you like, Will. You may take Obama or whoever to task for what you believe to be discrepancies between your understanding of her texts and theirs. You may think Rand is the most important thinker and author ever to commit words to paper, and judge every living soul in context to that personal paradigm. You can't deny that Rand's books were injected into the present political discussion by virtue of Ryan's early and frequent self-association with and subsequent disavowal of her work. Well, of course you could deny it, but just imagine how that would make you look.
Will Dockery
2012-11-03 21:34:38 UTC
"Hieronymous707" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:52fd0b0c-9543-4826-8594-***@googlegroups.com...
You may apply Rand's philosophy to whatever context you like, Will. You may
take Obama or whoever to task for what you believe to be discrepancies
between your understanding of her texts and theirs. You may think Rand is
the most important thinker and author ever to commit words to paper, and
judge every living soul in context to that personal paradigm. You can't deny
that Rand's books were injected into the present political discussion by
virtue of Ryan's early and frequent self-association with and subsequent
disavowal of her work. Well, of course you could deny it, but just imagine
how that would make you look.

***Why would I deny it?

MANFRED the heat seeking OBOE
2012-11-03 22:32:44 UTC
"Will Dockery"
Post by Will Dockery
"Hieronymous707"
You may apply Rand's philosophy to whatever context you like, Will. You may
take Obama or whoever to task for what you believe to be discrepancies
between your understanding of her texts and theirs. You may think Rand is
the most important thinker and author ever to commit words to paper, and
judge every living soul in context to that personal paradigm. You can't deny
that Rand's books were injected into the present political discussion by
virtue of Ryan's early and frequent self-association with and subsequent
disavowal of her work. Well, of course you could deny it, but just imagine
how that would make you look.
***Why would I deny it?
"We Tried It. It's Not Like We Did Not Try"
OBAMA'12 on Free Markets.

DESERVE FREEDOM IMAGINE NO LIBS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CZ-4gnNz0vc

FOUR YEARS OF OBAMA IN A NUTSHELL.

LIBs. What PRICE their Vision?
---
YES *WE* CAN:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/photo/pid/2535859

What do you mean WE Paleface?

What OBAMA stands for:

What CTHILLARY stands for:
http://omglog.com/thomas/archives/4083
Will Dockery
2012-11-05 15:27:51 UTC
Post by MANFRED the heat seeking OBOE
Post by Will Dockery
that Rand's books were injected into the present political discussion by
virtue of Ryan's early and frequent self-association with and subsequent
disavowal of her work. Well, of course you could deny it, but just imagine
how that would make you look.
***Why would I deny it?
"We Tried It. It's Not Like We Did Not Try"
OBAMA'12 on Free Markets.
DESERVE FREEDOM IMAGINE NO LIBS.
Vote for Gary Johnson?

"We know."

--
"Kaleidoscope" with guest artist Ricky Greer

Hieronymous707
2012-11-04 12:40:12 UTC
Defensive self-interest.
Will Dockery
2012-11-11 20:05:51 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Ryan is the reason Rand is part of the discussion.
And I'm here to help keep the record straight about Ayn Rand.

As we discussed a while back:

http://alt.books.beatgeneration.narkive.com/wQTNBdZW/beat-yuhself-dockery.3

Corey
7 months ago
Post by Will Dockery

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 20:20:48 -0700 (PDT), Will Dockery wrote in

Post by Will Dockery
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery#!/play_now/song_12609809

Not bad. Kinda LouReedy, and I know why.

Thanks... but wie so, Herr Hall?

Would it matter if Nazi skinheads loved your music, Will? For example,
if you found out that there was a subculture of racist thugs who
really loved your music, and used your songs as a rallying and
recruiting tool at all their racist thug club meetings, how would you
react to their free use of your work? How would you feel if your music
was played in prison, and a child molesting, rapist, murderer thought
your music was the real cat's meow? What if, all of a sudden, you
became really popular, but only with the outcast, dregs of society.
How would that affect your perception of whatever the fuck you call
what you do?

I replied:

"I'd attempt to keep the record straight from misrepresentation and
misinterpretation."

Hieronymous707
2012-11-11 20:21:15 UTC
The ONLY thing you can offer is your perspective on Rand. In NO way can you keep the "record" straight, as is evidenced by your own post.
Will Dockery
2012-11-11 22:39:55 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
The ONLY thing you can offer is your perspective on Rand. In NO way can you keep the "record" straight, as is evidenced by your own post.
I'll go with that as long as you can accept the same for yourself and your own opinions.

Hieronymous707
2012-11-11 22:43:33 UTC
Taking responsibility for your own actions and opinions is not contingent on me, or anything I do.
Will Dockery
2012-11-11 22:46:23 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Taking responsibility for your own actions and opinions is not contingent on me, or anything I do.
And of course I don't need your permission for this, or your statement of this obvious fact.

Thanks but no thanks.

Hieronymous707
2012-11-11 22:49:29 UTC
I don't get that at all. Sorry.
Will Dockery
2012-11-11 23:04:20 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
I don't get that at all. Sorry.
Not as much as I...
Will Dockery
2012-11-05 10:26:10 UTC
Post by George Dance
"'The President is pulling the same old trick that collectivists have been
pulling for the last hundred fifty years. Rather than openly defend the
proposition that you have a duty to serve society, he misrepresents and
smears individualism."
- Don Watkins, Ayn Rand Institute
GD's Political Animal: "Ayn Rand Institute Questions Whether Obama Has Read Ayn Rand"
http://gdspoliticalanimal.blogspot.ca/2012/10/ayn-rand-institute-questions-whether.html
Interesting read... reposting onto the Topix.com Forum.
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:

Mr Zodiac
Fascinating reading, thnx G.D.
Hieronymous Corey
2020-01-14 19:13:28 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
I deleted the post above, corrected the spelling of Stuart's name, and re-posted it.
Typo corrected.
:)
Okay, never mind. Enjoy your day.
Good afternoon, Corey..... who is Clair....?
Who am I talking to? Is that you, Stinky, or is this the hacker?
Z***@none.i2p
2020-01-14 19:19:54 UTC
Hieronymous Corey wrote on Tue, 14 January 2020 19:13
Post by George Dance
Post by Hell Stomper
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
Who are you....?

Are you really Corey....?

Is Claire ME's real name, is that what you were hinting at....?
Hieronymous Corey
Sorry. My time is up.
Mr Zodiac
2020-01-14 22:34:11 UTC
Is Clair ME's real name, is that what you were hinting at....?
Sorry. My time is up.
Let me know when you have time to answer.....
Hieronymous Corey
2020-01-14 22:37:02 UTC
Post by Mr Zodiac
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Is Clair ME's real name, is that what you were hinting at....?
Sorry. My time is up.
Let me know when you have time to answer.....
Okay. Who are you? What do you want
to know, and why should I tell you?
Mr Zodiac
Never mind, the name matches the one Stephan Pickering found for the person living in Bainbridge last year with a slightly different spelling so it seemed legit.......
Z***@none.i2p
No doubt.... ha ha ha....
Will Dockery

Mr Zodiac
2020-01-14 23:02:09 UTC
Post by George Dance
"'The President is pulling the same old trick that collectivists have been pulling for the last hundred fifty years. Rather than openly defend the proposition that you have a duty to serve society, he misrepresents and smears individualism."
- Don Watkins, Ayn Rand Institute
GD's Political Animal: "Ayn Rand Institute Questions Whether Obama Has Read Ayn Rand"
http://gdspoliticalanimal.blogspot.ca/2012/10/ayn-rand-institute-questions-whether.html
This is old but interesting.....

Ayn Rand Institute Questions Whether Obama Has Read Ayn Ran =- Lucia Greaves, Huffington Post::

October 26, 2012 - "After President Barack Obama said in an interview with Rolling Stone that Ayn Rand's books are largely for teenagers who are 'feeling misunderstood,' the Ayn Rand Institute is questioning whether the president has done his reading.

"'President Obama claims he has read Ayn Rand, but you wouldn’t know it from his recent comments," said Don Watkins, a fellow at the Ayn Rand Institute and co-author of Free Market Revolution: How Ayn Rand's Ideas Can End Big Government. 'To be an individualist, Obama suggests, is to be concerned with yourself with no regard for other people -- indeed, at the expense of other people. That is a total distortion of Rand's individualism'....

"'The President is pulling the same old trick that collectivists have been pulling for the last hundred fifty years. Rather than openly defend the proposition that you have a duty to serve society, he misrepresents and smears individualism....

"'Rand's argument is that other people are a tremendous value to an individualist: as teachers, friends, trading partners, lovers. But the key to successful human relationships, she argues, is that there should be no sacrifice of anyone to anyone.... Unlike the President, Rand doesn’t confuse ‘caring for others’ with having the government forcibly redistribute your wealth to others. She recognizes that our main obligation to other people is to respect their freedom.'"