Twilight Girl / Will Dockery (Top 10 series)
2017-12-06 23:28:50 UTC
I'll say this one rates in my top ten, definitely perhaps my favorite of my
songs and performances.

"This is the wait,
the weight of the world.
Comes down sweet and heavy...
Twilight Girl."

Twilight Girl (for Lady Katherine July 27, 1960 - August 1, 2004)

// Twilight Girl, written by Will Dockery & Henry Conley, from the CD
Shadowville Speedway. Β© 2009 Library of Congress Registration Number / Date:
PAu003501816 / 2008-09-23 //
drive-by
2017-12-06 23:52:14 UTC
http://youtu.be/BYETTK16jQI
// Twilight Girl, written by Will Dockery & Henry Conley, from the CD
PAu003501816 / 2008-09-23 //
music B+....vocal D..unless you're trying to pull a Waits but he's has the soul behind the words off key on those high ends, no to little sustain...

next....
n***@gmail.com

next....
Will Dockery
2017-12-06 23:56:52 UTC
Heh... as if I could expect any insight from Jim Senetto.

We can judge some of your attempts to sing as well, if you have the balls to post a link.

πŸ˜€
drive-by
2017-12-07 00:20:47 UTC
This isn't a contest between you and I, this is my saying you can't sing and you saying top ten and now I'm listening and commenting, just like the group says to do...
Will Dockery
2017-12-07 00:23:38 UTC
You don't mind if we post a few Jim Senetto vocals, through, for perspective, do you?

πŸ˜€
drive-by
2017-12-07 00:30:00 UTC
http://picosong.com/AQRB/
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2017-12-07 04:12:18 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Heh... as if I could expect any insight from Jim Senetto.
We can judge some of your attempts to sing as well, if you have the balls to post a link.
This isn't a contest between you and I, this is my saying you can't
sing and you saying top ten and now I'm listening and commenting, just
like the group says to do...
little willie douchebag telling someoine else they have no nads?

Irony meters must be on back order.
"The point punk, is that abusers like you will soon be removed
completely from the internet and placed in custody for your criminal
activities." - Wollmann fucks up yet another prediction.
Will Dockery
2017-12-07 00:36:23 UTC
Thanks Jim, I've always liked your vocals but of course your no Sammy Davis Jr. any more than I am.

πŸ˜€
drive-by
2017-12-07 00:39:51 UTC
Oh..I don't want to sound like Sammy Davis Jr......you wanted comparison...you have one.
Will Dockery
2017-12-07 01:07:26 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Thanks Jim, I've always liked your vocals but of course your no Sammy Davis Jr. any more than I am.
πŸ˜€
Oh..I don't want to sound like Sammy Davis J
Or Wayne Newton, even...

r......you wanted comparison...you have one.

I like this one, also:

https://soundcloud.com/jim-senetto

Holding Out My Hand To You by Jim Senetto
drive-by
Gee, I thought you were posting your gems....you've posted one so far.....
Will Dockery
I'll try to get another one in today, and still have today's poem to type in, and have to be gone most of tonight, things may delay slightly...
m***@gmail.com
2017-12-07 04:13:22 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Thanks Jim, I've always liked your vocals but of course your no Sammy Davis Jr. any more than I am.
πŸ˜€
Oh..I don't want to sound like Sammy Davis Jr......you wanted comparison...you have one.
Honestly, Jim, your vocal bears no small amount of similarity to Will's. You pretty much talked-sang your way through this one, didn't hold any notes, and the guitar was too loud for me to hear all of your words. As I was listening, I was struck by the idea that this is how Will probably sounded before all the years of alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes put the gravel into his voice. Seriously. Your guitar, otoh, kicks the shit out of the Shadowville band's.

I don't mean this in any way to be an insult. Neither of your voices would ever have given Sammy and cause for worry, but they're both pleasant enough to listen to, and well-suited to your individual songs.
Will Dockery
2017-12-07 14:04:24 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com

Post by m***@gmail.com
Honestly, Jim, your vocal bears no small amount of similarity to Will's. You pretty much talked-sang your way through this one, didn't hold any notes, and the guitar was too loud for me to hear all of your words. As I was listening, I was struck by the idea that this is how Will probably sounded before all the years of alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes put the gravel into his voice. Seriously. Your guitar, otoh, kicks the shit out of the Shadowville band's.
I don't mean this in any way to be an insult. Neither of your voices would ever have given Sammy and cause for worry, but they're both pleasant enough to listen to, and well-suited to your individual songs.
Seconded, and noted in the past, the guitar part is outstanding.

:)
drive-by
2017-12-07 14:19:49 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
A small story on the creation....I never met anyone associated with the project...John Roles (guitar) in Canada took my vocal (lyrics) which I recorded on a four track, added what he thought worked..sent that back to me, and it went like that until finished..never met and had some fun....I do not expect a Grammy, for sure and considering it was a project where no one met, it has some merit.

We have done more work together in a similar fashion, but that's not for here...If Will and group actually work together in the same room, I would think a better product would come out...levels and such being more important in the long run, for me...

Thanks for listening

2017-12-07 14:48:55 UTC
Post by drive-by
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Indeed, it worked well... I've never managed to make that long distance collaboration come to much of a successful resolution, in my several tries.
2017-12-08 19:55:55 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by drive-by
Post by Will Dockery
Thanks Jim, I've always liked your vocals but of course your no Sammy Davis Jr. any more than I am.
πŸ˜€
Oh..I don't want to sound like Sammy Davis Jr......you wanted comparison...you have one.
Honestly, Jim, your vocal bears no small amount of similarity to Will's.
And several times Jim Senetto has submitted songs of his for me to cover, yet goes back to this "you have a terrible voice" rant about my singing over and over.

I've begun to come to understand that when Jim loses his temper he goes overboard on some points, and when he cools off, all is well again.

Best to step back from the keyboard during those angry moments, I have learned.
Post by m***@gmail.com
You pretty much talked-sang your way through this one, didn't hold any notes, and the guitar was too loud for me to hear all of your words. As I was listening, I was struck by the idea that this is how Will probably sounded before all the years of alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes put the gravel into his voice. Seriously. Your guitar, otoh, kicks the shit out of the Shadowville band's.
I don't mean this in any way to be an insult. Neither of your voices would ever have given Sammy and cause for worry, but they're both pleasant enough to listen to, and well-suited to your individual songs.
Thanks Pendragon... and this is from a guy who hates the Beatles.

2017-12-07 00:57:25 UTC
Oh, oh, Nancy is a critic...
Will Dockery
2017-12-07 01:39:40 UTC
I figure one vocal recording per day for the next ten days should be plenty, and give everyone time to listen and comment on this one, eh?

Right now I'm finishing up on tonight's poem, do you have your New poem ready, Jim?

Let's see what you have tonight.