Art is a selective recreation of reality
2015-06-27 16:16:30 UTC
"Art is a selective recreation of reality according to an artist's metaphysical value judgements" -Ayn Rand

That might be the quote of the year!

I also notice how John Berryman echoed and agreed with Ayn Rand, and by influence, my own art.

"In style and temperament, Will Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dream Songs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated... self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth."
-From "William Dockery's New Poems" (critique by Rick Howe cica 1989)

.
Check out "Idol Hour Night" by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars - https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idol-hour-night--dockery-mallard
Peter J Ross
2015-07-01 13:16:17 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 27 Jun 2015 09:16:30 -0700 (PDT),
Post by Will Dockery
"Art is a selective recreation of reality according to an artist's
metaphysical value judgements" -Ayn Rand
That might be the quote of the year!
Psst. She's dead. The fact that you've just found it doesn't mean that
she's just drooled it.

Besides, is there a "quotation of the year" category for empty-headed
drivel written by empty-headed droolers?
Post by Will Dockery
I also notice how John Berryman echoed and agreed with Ayn Rand,
Citation?

No, of course not.
Post by Will Dockery
and by influence, my own art.
Mindless drunken thieves don't produce art, Dreckster.

<spewsnip>

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Will Dockery
2015-07-02 10:55:58 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
"Art is a selective recreation of reality according to an artist's
metaphysical value judgements" -Ayn Rand
That might be the quote of the year!
Psst. She's dead
I noticed.

:D
I also notice how John Berryman echoed and agreed with Ayn Rand,
Citation?
Scroll back and see the quote I snipped.

:D
Peter J Ross
2015-07-03 08:57:29 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 2 Jul 2015 03:55:58 -0700 (PDT),
Post by Will Dockery
"Art is a selective recreation of reality according to an artist's
metaphysical value judgements" -Ayn Rand
That might be the quote of the year!
Psst. She's dead
I noticed.
I also notice how John Berryman echoed and agreed with Ayn Rand,
Citation?
Scroll back and see the quote I snipped.
You didn't snip a quotation by John Berryman, Dreckster. That's
because you didn't quote him.

Why do you lie about absolutely everything?

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Blackpooljimmy
Broken record
Will Dockery
2015-07-04 10:16:53 UTC
You didn't snip a quotation by John Berryman
So much for your claims that you don't read my writing, eh?

:D
--
Check out "Walking (To The Edge Of Town) / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/13781789
Peter J Ross
2015-07-04 10:45:40 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 4 Jul 2015 03:16:53 -0700 (PDT),
You didn't snip a quotation by John Berryman
So much for your claims that you don't read my writing, eh?
So you admit that you were lying. Good! It's a start. Now you only
have to admit 4,375,420 other past offences, and you'll be on the road
to being a truthful person.

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Victor Hugo III
2019-06-16 22:23:14 UTC
You didn't snip a quotation by John Berryman
So much for your claims that you don't read my writing, eh?
:D
--
Check out "Walking (To The Edge Of Town) / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/13781789
Exactly........

He reads every word.....

General Zod
2019-04-16 08:26:47 UTC
"Art is a selective recreation of reality according to an artist's metaphysical value judgements" -Ayn Rand
That might be the quote of the year!
I also notice how John Berryman echoed and agreed with Ayn Rand, and by influence, my own art.
"In style and temperament, Will Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dream Songs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated... self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth."
-From "William Dockery's New Poems" (critique by Rick Howe cica 1989)
.
Check out "Idol Hour Night" by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars - https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idol-hour-night--dockery-mallard
Fabulous connections.....