John Sinclar chosen for 1st legal weed purchase in Michigan
2019-12-02 22:30:10 UTC
On Sunday, Michigan became the 9th US state to allow retail cannabis sales to the public. Arbor Wellness dispensary in Ann Arbor, Michigan, selected poet John Sinclair (famous for being sentenced to 10 years in prison for selling two joints in 1969) to make the ceremonial first purchase. According to MLive.com, "Sinclair made what was likely the first-ever licensed recreational retail marijuana sale in Michigan" (according to MLive.com).

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/12/activist-and-poet-john-sinclair-among-first-to-purchase-legal-recreational-marijuana-in-michigan-50-years-after-his-historic-arrest.html
Will Dockery
2019-12-02 22:34:36 UTC
On Sunday, Michigan became the 9th US state to allow retail cannabis sales to the public. Arbor Wellness dispensary in Ann Arbor, Michigan, selected poet John Sinclair (famous for being sentenced to 10 years in prison for selling two joints in 1969) to make the ceremonial first purchase. According to MLive.com, "Sinclair made what was likely the first-ever licensed recreational retail marijuana sale in Michigan" (according to MLive.com).
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/12/activist-and-poet-john-sinclair-among-first-to-purchase-legal-recreational-marijuana-in-michigan-50-years-after-his-historic-arrest.html
I always think of John Lennon:

John Sinclair · John Lennon
Sometime In New York City
General Zod
2019-12-03 23:59:00 UTC
On Sunday, Michigan became the 9th US state to allow retail cannabis sales to the public. Arbor Wellness dispensary in Ann Arbor, Michigan, selected poet John Sinclair (famous for being sentenced to 10 years in prison for selling two joints in 1969) to make the ceremonial first purchase. According to MLive.com, "Sinclair made what was likely the first-ever licensed recreational retail marijuana sale in Michigan" (according to MLive.com).
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/12/activist-and-poet-john-sinclair-among-first-to-purchase-legal-recreational-marijuana-in-michigan-50-years-after-his-historic-arrest.html
http://youtu.be/Qx1og_HqyBk
John Sinclair · John Lennon
Sometime In New York City
Love the J.L.
George J. Dance
2019-12-04 00:29:21 UTC
On Sunday, Michigan became the 9th US state to allow retail cannabis sales to the public. Arbor Wellness dispensary in Ann Arbor, Michigan, selected poet John Sinclair (famous for being sentenced to 10 years in prison for selling two joints in 1969) to make the ceremonial first purchase. According to MLive.com, "Sinclair made what was likely the first-ever licensed recreational retail marijuana sale in Michigan" (according to MLive.com).
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/12/activist-and-poet-john-sinclair-among-first-to-purchase-legal-recreational-marijuana-in-michigan-50-years-after-his-historic-arrest.html
http://youtu.be/Qx1og_HqyBk
John Sinclair · John Lennon
Sometime In New York City
I wanted to add the Sinclair story as a line to his 'recognition' section, but in the process I discovered he didn't have one; so I moved the info about Lennon recording the song in 1972 down there, and moved a footnote about Blind Melon covering it in 1996 into the text. Those 3 items gave me enough room to embed Lennon's LP version. In fact, I was able to embed both versions into that section, because I checked the Wikipedia article on him, and found and copied some information on the John Sinclair Foundation:

"Created in 2004, The John Sinclair Foundation is a non-profit organization based out of Amsterdam, Holland.[14] Its mission is to ensure the preservation and proper presentation of the creative works – in poetry, music, performance, journalism, editing and publishing, broadcast and record production – of John Sinclair. To date, the foundation has produced books, zines, records, and documentaries highlighting John Sinclair's contribution to the historic cannabis legalisation effort, rock music in Detroit, and psychedelic communitarianism." So maybe in time he'll be remembered for more than just Lennon's song.
Will Dockery
2019-12-04 01:10:54 UTC
Yes, being a character in a John Lennon song was pretty much the only thing I did know about him up to now.

2019-12-03 00:30:59 UTC
Interesting news.....
Z***@none.i2p
2019-12-30 03:10:44 UTC
George J. Dance wrote on Mon, 02 December 2019 22:30
Post by George J. Dance
On Sunday, Michigan became the 9th US state to allow retail cannabis sales to the public. Arbor Wellness dispensary in Ann Arbor, Michigan, selected poet John Sinclair (famous for being sentenced to 10 years in prison for selling two joints in 1969) to make the ceremonial first purchase. According to MLive.com, "Sinclair made what was likely the first-ever licensed recreational retail marijuana sale in Michigan" (according to MLive.com).
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/12/activist-and-poet-john-sinclair-among-first-to-purchase-legal-recreational-marijuana-in-michigan-50-years-after-his-historic-arrest.html
Got sidetracked..... will read now.........