will dockery unemployed again.
ggamble
2011-09-26 17:38:47 UTC
Apparently, he can't deliver pizza anymore.

Are there any jobs for which he is qualified?
Peter J Ross
2011-09-26 17:47:53 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:38:47 GMT, ggamble
Post by ggamble
Apparently, he can't deliver pizza anymore.
Are there any jobs for which he is qualified?
Walking insomnia remedy?
Barbara's Cat
2011-09-26 18:20:57 UTC
Post by ggamble
Apparently, he can't deliver pizza anymore.
Are there any jobs for which he is qualified?
Walking insomnia remedy?
Wretch aide for aspiring bulimics?
Cm~
Will Dockery
2011-09-26 18:24:49 UTC
Post by Barbara's Cat
Wretch aide for aspiring bulimics?
--
Cm~
Wow, the thread that brought Barbie out of retirement, I'm impressed!
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
Veronica O'Donoghue
Zoooorrrrooooo?
Will Dockery
2011-09-27 14:27:14 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Veronica O'Donoghue
"Will Dockery" wrote in
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Veronica O'Donoghue
Zoooorrrrooooo?
Ah, the legendary "Zorro" project, a decade later and still playing.
http://youtu.be/G64jUD1tRRA
lol... I had forgotten about this...
Thanks, Dockery, you made my night
Oh God, what have I unleashed?
Timing is everything. Ask that question next time you fart in the
elevator and see what kind of response you get.
Timing sure is everything.

Having a look at Google with "Zorro" + "Netherlands" once always brought up
only details of my collaboration with M.H. Benders years ago, while last
night I noticed numerous notices of the "Netherlands Zorro", on stage, on
video, even a sort of "American Idol" television show last year, earlier
this year where Dutch folks come on and do a Zorro bit...

Indeed, what have /I/ unleashed?!?
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
Will Dockery
2011-09-27 15:38:46 UTC
Walking insomnia remedy?
"Peace, peace! he is not dead, he doth not sleep,
He hath awaken'd from the dream of life;
'Tis we, who lost in stormy visions, keep
With phantoms an unprofitable strife,
And in mad trance, strike with our spirit's knife
Invulnerable nothings. We decay
Like corpses in a charnel; fear and grief
Convulse us and consume us day by day,
And cold hopes swarm like worms within our living clay.

He has outsoar'd the shadow of our night;
Envy and calumny and hate and pain,
And that unrest which men miscall delight,
Can touch him not and torture not again;
From the contagion of the world's slow stain
He is secure, and now can never mourn
A heart grown cold, a head grown gray in vain;
Nor, when the spirit's self has ceas'd to burn,
With sparkless ashes load an unlamented urn."

-Percy Bysshe Shelley
--
In A Dream I Saved You:

adamlynn
2011-09-26 17:55:27 UTC
Post by ggamble
Apparently, he can't deliver pizza anymore.
Are there any jobs for which he is qualified?
And you're gainfully employed, right, Gary?
Or are you just bored and on the dole?
Are you a professional poet? Is that still an
option in Canada? I'm just wondering. And
bored.
Will Dockery
2011-09-26 18:35:31 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
Apparently, he can't deliver pizza anymore.
Are there any jobs for which he is qualified?
And you're gainfully employed, right, Gary?
Or are you just bored and on the dole?
Are you a professional poet? Is that still an
option in Canada? I'm just wondering. And
bored.
*** "Hire a Vet."
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
that9one1matt1dude
2011-09-26 19:07:24 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
Apparently, he can't deliver pizza anymore.
Are there any jobs for which he is qualified?
And you're gainfully employed, right, Gary?
Or are you just bored and on the dole?
Are you a professional poet? Is that still an
option in Canada? I'm just wondering. And
bored.
What about you, Adam. What do you do
besides being bored? Your IP address places
you near Bronxville, NY.

"Bronxville is an affluent village within the town of Eastchester, New
York, in the United States. It is a suburb of New York City, located
approximately 15 miles (24 km) north of midtown Manhattan[2] in
southern Westchester County. At the 2000 census, Bronxville had a
population of 6,543. It currently[when?] ranks 20th in the US on a
list of the highest income places in the United States." -Wikipedia

So the question stands...what the hell are you besides bored?

Living in moms basement, maybe?
I mean, who with any kind of "valuable" time on their hands comes here
as frequently
as you? I bet you can count on one hand how many Bronxville residents
know
who Will Dockery, Gary Gumball and Peter Toss are, let alone how many
spend
their idle time cruising newsgroups for some kind of social
interaction.

Of course, I'm sure even Broxville needs grocery clerks and bag
handlers.
It might even need a street bum to kick around here and there...an
"Otis" of
sorts. Are you an Otis, Adam? Is this the Bronxville library you're
chiming
in from? Or, are you that one that has achieved all the material
success
in the world, but is in desperate search of someplace to release his
essence...
his soul...kind of like an ethereal fart?

Please, be your usual squirmy, elusive self as you answer. That's the
fun part.

: )
Will Dockery
2011-09-26 19:37:42 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
[...]

*** Problem, or point, is... does it really matter?
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
adamlynn
2011-09-26 20:20:00 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
[...]
:  )
No, I moved out of mom's basement
years ago Matt. I live in Schenectady, N.Y.
I'm employed by the pharmaceutical
industry. I'm far from affluent, but I'm
better off than a lot of people. I know
what it feels like to have money, and
I know how it feels not to have money.
I won't lie: it's true that having money
can't buy happiness, but it can rent it.
Any more questions Matt?
Hieronymous707
2011-09-26 22:10:56 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
[...]
Any more questions Matt?- Hide quoted text -
I've been through your neighborhood. You're really not that far from
affluent; a long walk, short bike ride away. You got some nice homes
up there. Your people all seem kind of rude and stand-offish, but
your homes are real nice.
adamlynn
2011-09-27 01:09:58 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
[...]
your homes are real nice.- Hide quoted text -
It's funny Corey, people here ARE rude and stand-offish.
I've lived in, and visited, many places, and I think that
the Capital District of NY may have the highest
asshole to nice-guy ratio in the entire world.

Maybe it's the long winter.
Maybe there's something in the water.
I'm not sure.
But living around rude and stand-offish
people can make one rude and stand-offish.
Unless one's careful.

There is some amazing real estate around here;
and there are some really good people too.
It's not a bad place to live.
Hieronymous707
2011-09-27 10:34:35 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by adamlynn
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
[...]
The GE campus is pretty nice, but other than that you've got some
generally shoddy hotels up there. Everybody raves about the Fall
leaves, and the mountain views, and the bla bla bla, but I found the
whole place just dark, damp, and depressing. Of course I was just
there for work. My wife didn't go; Tony did, and I remember he was in
a foul mood. The drive sucked. I ordered a No.1 combo at a fast food
restaurant in a turnpike rest stop. It wasn't so bad that the counter
girl's English didn't extend beyond menu items, but the fries were
colder than the frickin' Coke. I wouldn't avoid the place like the
plague, but it would sure take some convincing to get me to go back,
your invitation notwithstanding. No offense.
adamlynn
2011-09-27 15:15:37 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by adamlynn
Post by adamlynn
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
[...]
your invitation notwithstanding.  No offense.- Hide quoted text -
No offense taken. Once Albany was a great American city.
It's location, just a few miles south from where the Mohawk
and the Hudson rivers meet, made the city an important
early trading post and meeting place for settlers and natives.
Many a treaty (long since broken) was signed at Albany.
Albany was once at the hub of all of the trade that flowed
down the Hudson to New York City, and then across the
Atlantic, to cities like Amsterdam, or London. Europe
was hungry for beaver skins, and the ponds and the lakes
of the region were teaming with beavers. The natives were
happy to trap them and trade them. For guns. Or rum.
The natives have long since disappeared.

You can still feel the ghosts of the powerful that once resided
in Albany. The bankers and the builders, the policemen and the
gangsters, the politicos and the prostitutes-- all mingled in the
brothels that one lined Green street; all bathed in the same
glowing red light. Now there's a greyhound bus station, and the
trash piles up in the empty parking lots, where crowded clubs
once swung. Where legends (like Lester Young and Count Basie
and Lady Day) once played. The place is now dead. No
brothels remain, and not even the echo of the President's sax.
But the newsstand on the corner sells a wide variety of
pornography. And there was once a used record shop a few
doors down, but it went under years ago, about the same
time as vinyl.

And you’re right: there are no good hotels.
Will Dockery
2011-09-27 03:20:45 UTC
Post by adamlynn
No, I moved out of mom's basement
years ago Matt. I live in Schenectady, N.Y.
I'm employed by the pharmaceutical
industry. I'm far from affluent, but I'm
better off than a lot of people. I know
what it feels like to have money, and
I know how it feels not to have money.
I won't lie: it's true that having money
can't  buy happiness, but it can rent it.
Any more questions Matt?
Well, thanks, Adam... we'll add that to the a.a.p.c bios section...

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
adamlynn
2011-09-28 09:18:55 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
[...]
What about you, Matt? Apparently you have some spare time,
and superfluous mental energy enough to waste, as well. You
had to use my IP address to try to suss out where I live?
You could have saved yourself some valuable time.
You could have been pondering ___________.

You have the freedom to fill in the blank.
You're responsible for the choice that you make.

---all you ever have to do is ask---

Am I an Otis? No.
Are you an Ernest T. Bass?
"He's a nut!" Or are you some
kind of a ponce, like Malcolm Merriweather?
You're far too smart to be a Floyd the barber,
or a Goober "Judy, Judy....." or a Gomer "Golly!"

-Nip it!

I don't have to release my essence, Matt.
My essence was emancipated ages ago.
And you know what they say about farts:
"He who smelt it, dealt it." That stench
that you smell, that's your own.
Deal with it. Or not.

Me? Elusive?
I can be slippery when I need to be ;)

What about you, Matt? Just how many socks
do you need? It doesn't matter anyway, all of them,
all of the ones that I've seen, have had gaping holes
in them, and I've yet to see you wear a matching pair.
Certainly a man of your means can afford to purchase
at least one pair of comfortable socks. Silk ones. Right?

Dare to dream!

---all you ever have to do is ask---
Hieronymous707
2011-09-28 10:34:38 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
[...]
Hey, Adam. Remember when you said you were just being an asshole?
Just so you know, you're doing it again. Take it from someone who
knows. This is the voice of experience talking, in case you didn't
recognize it while you had your head all stuck up in there.
Will Dockery
2011-09-28 14:56:18 UTC
Post by adamlynn
Post by ggamble
[...]

*** He does have a certain charm wirh it, though...
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
Will Dockery

http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
that9one1matt1dude
2011-09-28 12:35:58 UTC
Post by adamlynn
What about you, Matt?
I'm not afraid to admit it...I'm not the squirmy type unless I'm bored
or playng games.
I'm an unsuccesful dreamer. Music is my calling. I rock and roll. I
jam. I improvise.
I write...freelance style. I dream. I have my head in the clouds
which people mistake
for my ass quite frequently. I was raised in Arizona. I play the
guitar pretty damn well,
but nobody cares because there are ten million guitar players and many
of them play
pretty well. I stepped out on the road, Kerouac style, more times
than I can count on
one hand. I failed each time at the kind of success society deems
noteworthy. Learned
a shit load, though. Anyway, came back to where I was raised,
Arizona, with my tail
between my legs and colorful tale wagging off my tongue. I didn't
look back. Got
a job at ten an hour and stayed put. Never been married. Got no
kids. Don't like people
much. And, I come here because I don't have to see or smell your
scraggly asses.
Plus, I fancy myself a writer of sorts. Yet another in a long list of
hopeless dreams I
hope to squeeze out of my proverbial ass for all to see and smell.

Post by adamlynn
[...]
Well, you did what I suspected and squirmed your way out of an answer
by going on the offensive. I'm not going to guess what your story is
anymore.
When you've got the guts to share it with total strangers who halfway
give
a shit, let me know.

: )
Will Dockery
2011-09-28 13:39:28 UTC
Post by adamlynn
[...]
Yeah, the best Matt trivia to me is the fact that you & Alice Cooper
live in the same town!

--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
ggamble
2011-09-28 14:31:25 UTC
trivia to me
Did that hovel you live in ever sell?
I guess you'll have to move if it does.
that9one1matt1dude
2011-09-28 20:06:16 UTC
snipit
Post by Will Dockery
Yeah, the best Matt trivia to me is the fact that you & Alice Cooper
live in the same town!
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
I gave him some bad directions once.
me it was.
Will Dockery
2011-09-29 02:26:29 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Yeah, the best Matt trivia to me is the fact that you & Alice Cooper
live in the same town!
I gave him some bad directions once.
As he was driving off with them I said "nice to
meet you Mr. Cooper."  It loved how typical
me it was.
I thought you two were golfing buddies.

--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
Will Dockery
2011-09-28 13:24:55 UTC
[...]
When you get like this you remind me of... Howard Sprague?

http://amayberrystateofmind.com/hs.aspx
Am I an Otis?  No.
Are you an Ernest T. Bass?
"He's a nut!"  Or are you some
kind of a ponce, like Malcolm Merriweather?
You're far too smart to be a Floyd the barber,
or a Goober "Judy, Judy....." or a Gomer "Golly!"
-Nip it!
Interestingly (to me, anyhow), many years ago here on a.a.p.c. there
was a long cool thread on making an alt.arts.poetry.comments movie,
with the regulars of that day cast & recast.

Yet all through the thread I was cast without change as... Don Knotts:

http://www.photokb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/photo-digital/30499/Usenet-photo-galleries

----
From: Lulubell Scruggs (***@hotmail.com)
Subject: Casting of the AAPC movie
Date: 2003-05-25 19:00:38 PST

My initial picks. Alternative/additional suggestions welcome:

[...]

Dale Houstman: Jeremy Brett
http://www.sherylfranklin.com/sh-brett.html

Dennis Hammes: Walter Mathau
http://www.matthau.com/sys-tmpl/door/

Gwyneth Box: Angelica Huston
http://www.angelfire.com/ny3/anjelicahuston/

Tom Bishop: Mike Meyers
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/6172/

Michael Cook: Pete Postlethwaite
http://film.guardian.co.uk/Player/Player_Page/0,4159,45416,00.html

Will Dockery: Don Knotts
http://www.worldofcheese.org/knotts/

Chuck Lysaght: Jeffrey Jones
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/15/actor.arrested/

I admit it was flattering to be compared to a legendary actor of
genius such as the great Don Knotts!
     I don't have to release my essence, Matt.
     My essence was emancipated ages ago.
     "He who smelt it, dealt it." That stench
     that you smell, that's your own.
     Deal with it. Or not.
Me?  Elusive?
I can be slippery when I need to be ;)
"Keep a cool head and always carry a light bulb."
What about you, Matt? Just how many socks
do you need?  It doesn't matter anyway, all of them,
all of the ones that I've seen, have had gaping holes
in them, and I've yet to see you wear a matching pair.
Certainly a man of your means can afford to purchase
at least one pair of comfortable socks. Silk ones. Right?
Dare to dream!
---all you ever have to do is ask---
"All you have to do... is dream!"

'Nuff said.

--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
Will Dockery
2011-09-26 18:19:16 UTC
Post by ggamble
Apparently, he can't deliver pizza anymore.
Are there any jobs for which he is qualified?
Thanks for the concern, Gary!

I wasn't really asking for myself, but this would be a good place & time to
mention that I am open for booking gigs & acting in television or films.
Here's an example of some of my work in that area:

"...I was pleased to have been involved as an actor with the recent
television ad for Larry Rich Nissan, and hope to do a follow-up soon:

Commercial for Larry Rich Nissan, Lagrange. Produced by Wesley Ker-Fox,
BassetandBecker Advertising, Allen Matthews, Will Dockery (The End is Near
Sandwich Board Guy), John Drew, Josh Becker, Bill Becker, Neely Ker-Fox..."
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:

ggamble
2011-09-26 20:18:17 UTC
I wasn't really asking for myself,
Any jobs around Atlanta?
A few of us down here could sure use some $$$ and an excuse to go to
The City.
Of course you weren't.
Will Dockery
2011-09-27 01:58:12 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
I wasn't really asking for myself,
Any jobs around Atlanta?
A few of us down here could sure use some $$$ and an excuse to go to
The City.
Of course you weren't.
The words "a few of us", should signify that.

And even if I was, why would it matter to you, Gary?

Will Dockery
2011-09-27 03:41:20 UTC
Post by Veronica O'Donoghue
Zoooorrrrooooo?
Ah, the legendary "Zorro" project, a decade later and still playing.

Here you go, Veronica:

Zorro recorded at SoHo 2005 for the Shadowville-Netherlands cross cultural
exchange project:

"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American
poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some
real American elements such as country music into his poetry." -M.H.Benders

Will Dockery- vocals
Henry Conley- guitar
Robert Earl Lowery- bass
Rick Edwards- mandolin
Jocelyn Lammons- backing vocals
Fred Hall
2011-09-27 03:50:04 UTC

Post by Will Dockery
Zorro recorded at SoHo 2005 for the Shadowville-Netherlands cross
"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most kOOky
American poets around. A real kOOk poet who is not scared of
mingling some real American elements such as kOOk music into his
kOOky poetry." -M.H.Benders
Will Dockery
2011-09-27 03:59:36 UTC
Post by Fred Hall
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Veronica O'Donoghue
Zoooorrrrooooo?
Ah, the legendary "Zorro" project, a decade later and still playing.
http://youtu.be/G64jUD1tRRA
lol... I had forgotten about this...
Thanks, Dockery, you made my night
Thanks for having a look/listen & for commenting, Fred...
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
Veronica O'Donoghue
Oh God, what have I unleashed?
Hieronymous707
Fred Hall
My laughter ;)
Will Dockery
2011-09-29 03:25:49 UTC
Post by Fred Hall
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Veronica O'Donoghue
Zoooorrrrooooo?
Ah, the legendary "Zorro" project, a decade later and still playing.
http://youtu.be/G64jUD1tRRA
My laughter ;)
Glad it was entertaining for you, Fred...

--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4
Will Dockery
2011-10-03 18:27:35 UTC
Post by Veronica O'Donoghue
Post by Fred Hall
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Veronica O'Donoghue
Zoooorrrrooooo?
Ah, the legendary "Zorro" project, a decade later and still playing.
http://youtu.be/G64jUD1tRRA
lol... I had forgotten about this...
Thanks, Dockery, you made my night
Oh God, what have I unleashed?
Just a little nostalgia for the days when Zorro was all the rage, I
reckon...

--
In A Dream I Saved You / Will Dockery & T.O.T.M. (Theatre of the
Mind):
http://youtu.be/ZGUZmzvqRP4
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 05:35:16 UTC
Just a little nostalgia for the days when Zorro was all the rage, I
reckon...
Good stuff Doc.
-gj
Thanks again Genjack.

Here's a newly discovered version of "Zorro"...

Check out "Autograph of Zorro" by W. Dockery, H. Conley & M.H. Benders" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/12308757

"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American
poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some
real American elements such as country music into his poetry." -M.H.Benders
- Martijn Benders, Kannibaal

And so it goes...
Will Dockery

And so it goes...
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 08:15:19 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 00:35:16 -0500, Will
Dockery wrote:

<snip>

Are you planning to post all your mindless spam twice today, or only
selected lowlights?

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 09:31:44 UTC
Have you any evidence of this alleged copyright infringement?
Sure, the video was posted on YouTube from a file you gave Kevin Fries.

Check out "Autograph of Zorro" by Will Dockery & Friends -
http://t.co/60kCTTpCDz
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 10:18:29 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 04:31:44 -0500, Will
Have you any evidence of this alleged copyright infringement?
Sure, the video was posted on YouTube from a file you gave Kevin Fries.
Believe it or not, not everything that appears on YouTube has my
imprimatur.

Anyway, you've endorsed the upload with an approving comment, so you
can stop whining.
Post by Will Dockery
Check out "Autograph of Zorro" by Will Dockery & Friends -
Do you have permission from the other copyright owners to post it?

Words: copyright M H Benders
Music: copyright the musicians
Video: copyright whoever made the recording
Bawling, mumbling and clowndancing: copyright Willy Dreckery

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 10:45:42 UTC
Anyway, you've endorsed the upload with an approving comment
Sure, just pointing out the fact that it was uploaded to YouTube without my
permission, making it, by your own logic, copyright infringement.
--
Check out "Chattahoochee Sunset / Dockery, Mallard & Snipe" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/11459910
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 11:34:12 UTC
As a co-writer of "Autograph of Zorro", the copyright is absolutely
mine.
the copyright with Conley and Benders.
You don't know the meaning of the word "co-writer", PJR?
--
Check out "Idle Hour Night / Dockery-Mallard-Snipe" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idle-hour-night--dockery-mallard
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 11:37:25 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 06:34:12 -0500, Will
As a co-writer of "Autograph of Zorro", the copyright is absolutely
mine.
the copyright with Conley and Benders.
You don't know the meaning of the word "co-writer", PJR?
What meaning do you attribute to the phrase "absolutely mine",
Dreckster? "Shared with at least two other people" would be an unusual
interpretation.

Incidentally, you're not a "co-writer". Benders wrote the words,
Conley wrote the music, and then you bawled, mumbled and staggered
around.

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 12:21:20 UTC
"Continuously flashing your small weener in public will not make it
grow, Dockery. You're just hungry for attention and there's only one
reason why: you're an empty windbag whose only talent in life consists
of irritating other people. A masochist who just keeps coming back
because he's addicted to getting hit. Your a sad old fuck, and I hope
someone will shoot you soon. The world will be a better place if that
happens."
Flame wars happen, of course... as you of all people know well.

After he cooled down, Benders gave me this endorsement:

"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most authentic American
poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is not scared of mingling some
real American elements such as country music into his poetry." -Martijn
Benders, Kannibaal

And so it goes...
Hieronymous
2014-01-06 13:02:45 UTC
What is your mental model of a flamewar and what motivates its participants?
By the way, Benders' endorsement is best left in your rear view mirror. It's no
compliment to you or the work you're doing today, but that's just my opinion.
Will Dockery
2014-01-08 22:44:35 UTC
Post by Hieronymous
What is your mental model of a flamewar and what motivates its
participants?
By the way, Benders' endorsement is best left in your rear view mirror. It's no
compliment to you or the work you're doing today, but that's just my opinion.
Well, agreed that I'm more interested in the current material, after all, I
didn't revive all the Zorro and Benders material from a decade ago on my
own, but I do find it amusing and interesting to look back at sometimes.
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 11:17:33 UTC
Did you send Cujo a copy of my video?
As I've demonstrated, it isn't "yours".
<lies snipped>

Try not to lie, PJR.

As a co-writer of "Autograph of Zorro", the copyright is absolutely mine.
--
Check out "Gone Too Far / Dockery-Mallard-Snipe" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/11596860
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 11:27:57 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 06:17:33 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
As a co-writer of "Autograph of Zorro", the copyright is absolutely mine.
In Message-ID: <lae2sv$onk$***@dont-email.me>, you say that you share
the copyright with Conley and Benders.

In which of the two posts are you lying, Dreckster?

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 09:12:15 UTC
Shouldn't you be getting up early later this morning to look for work?
You sure have a creepy interest in me and my life, don't you?
--
Check out "Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/8798203
Peter J Ross
2014-01-07 09:32:18 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 7 Jan 2014 04:12:15 -0500, Will
Shouldn't you be getting up early later this morning to look for work?
You sure have a creepy interest in me and my life, don't you?
What's creepy about telling a layabout to get a job?

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 11:59:22 UTC
What do your antics during the last decade have to do with a recording
made in 2003?
It all began with the endorsement from M.H. Benders:

Peter J Ross

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 07:58:06 UTC
spewing
abuse
PJR :-)
"We know."
Peter J Ross
2014-01-07 08:17:01 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 7 Jan 2014 02:58:06 -0500, Will
spewing
abuse
PJR :-)
"We know."
I posted the snipku rules a few months ago. If I used too many long
words, feel free to ask to have them explained to you.

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 10:20:04 UTC
You really need to learn the difference between composing a snipku
<snip>

It all looks a bit silly to me, but thanks anyway.
Peter J Ross
2014-01-07 10:23:06 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 7 Jan 2014 05:20:04 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
silly
Dockery

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 18:41:11 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
I hadn't been aware that there was a claim of copyright. In fact,
you'd
seemed glad when it was posted. Did the comments change your mind or
something?
No, I kind of got a kick out of seeing the video after so many years.
It
actually sounds better than I remembered.
You do know you should have asked my permission first before you
posted
it to YouTube though, right?
It wouldn't be too late if I wanted YouTube to take it down.
I don't plan on sending a complaint to YouTube right now, since the
video is
interesting to me after all these years, and I don't have a copy of it
handy
right now, it seems.
And you've proudly advertised it all over Usenet.
Sure, I'm proud of the song, it was a good collaboration, I feel.
Post by Peter J Ross
Are you going to whine about Cujo as often and as hilariously as you
whine about Michael Cook?
No, because as with Cook, if I asked Cujo to take down the video, he
would.
If he didn't I know YouTube would since they frown on copyright
infriengement, piaracy and so on, and since the video was posted without
my
permission or knowledge, it could be considered one or all of those.
I don't plan to complain right now, but the fact that you avoid my point
is
interesting but not surprising, since your hypocrisy about copyright
infriengement is well known and achived here.
Whine much
I'm just calling it as I see it, my friend.
--
Check out "Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/8798172
Will Dockery
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 10:42:33 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 05:32:47 -0500, Will
Anyway, you've endorsed the upload with an approving comment
Sure, just pointing out the fact that it was uploaded to YouTube without my
permission, making it, by your own logic, copyright infringement.
So you're ready to stop pretending that I infringed your copyright?

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 10:11:23 UTC
obsessed
creepy
PJR :-)
"We know."
Peter J Ross
2014-01-07 10:16:24 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 7 Jan 2014 05:11:23 -0500, Will
obsessed
creepy
PJR :-)
"We know."

You really need to learn the difference between composing a snipku and
dishonestly snipping in order to express agreement with your own
previously-expressed moronic opinion.

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 11:49:42 UTC
Incidentally, you're not a "co-writer"
No, I'm a co-writer, since I did re-writes on the song several times over
the last decade, as agreed to with Benders.
Post by Peter J Ross
Benders wrote the words
Which I did re-writes on, eventually transforming the work into a completely
different work, as has been detailed here over the last decade.

Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 11:55:51 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 06:49:42 -0500, Will
Incidentally, you're not a "co-writer"
No, I'm a co-writer, since I did re-writes on the song several times over
the last decade, as agreed to with Benders.
What do your antics during the last decade have to do with a recording
made in 2003?

Have another swig of Wild I.

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 09:02:53 UTC
"Tired and emotional" is another euphemism for it.
"The Winter of our discontent"?
Peter J Ross
2014-01-07 09:06:24 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 7 Jan 2014 04:02:53 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
"Tired and emotional" is another euphemism for it.
"The Winter of our discontent"?
No, that's not a euphemism for the state you're in, as you might
realise if you weren't in the state you're in.

Shouldn't you be getting up early later this morning to look for work?

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Hieronymous
2014-01-06 12:00:22 UTC
I was just watching the weather. They're talking about wind chills
of -20F tonight and tomorrow. That's really cold, too cold for me.
Thank God I don't have to be out in weather like that for very long.
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 12:10:41 UTC
Post by Hieronymous
I was just watching the weather. They're talking about wind chills
of -20F tonight and tomorrow. That's really cold, too cold for me.
Thank God I don't have to be out in weather like that for very long.
Incredible cold, that seems.

Some of that's even reaching us down here in the Deep South.
Hieronymous
2014-01-06 12:14:38 UTC
It's just a metaphor anyway.
No big deal. Never mind.
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 12:29:40 UTC
Post by Hieronymous
It's just a metaphor anyway.
No big deal. Never mind.
Okay...
THE COLONEL
2014-01-06 16:50:35 UTC
Post by Hieronymous
It's just a metaphor anyway.
No big deal. Never mind.
Okay...
"As long as there are two people in the world there will be war."

--Colonel Edmund J. Burke
My Nam War Diary '67
Hieronymous
2014-01-06 17:10:30 UTC
I don't know which two people you're talking about,
but whoever they are, they've got to be getting old.
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 09:41:37 UTC
What's creepy about telling a layabout to get a job?
You just seem a bit obsessed with me and my life, that's all... and that's a
little creepy to me.

It seems that way to me, it doesn't matter how it seems to you, does it?
Peter J Ross
2014-01-07 10:07:54 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Tue, 7 Jan 2014 04:41:37 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
obsessed
creepy
Dockery

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 10:24:00 UTC
Post by THE COLONEL
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous
It's just a metaphor anyway.
No big deal. Never mind.
Okay...
"As long as there are two people in the world there will be war."
--Colonel Edmund J. Burke
My Nam War Diary '67
In this age of two member newsgroups, at that...
Will Dockery
2014-01-06 08:23:31 UTC
Are you planning to post
<snipped confusion>

No, you brought the "Zorro" material back, remember?

I had't seen that video in years until you reposted it (without my
permission, so technically you've infringed my copyright, you know).
--
Check out "Twilight Girl (W. Dockery & H. Conley)" -
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/17680972-twilight-girl-w-dockery--h-conley
Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 09:19:49 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 03:23:31 -0500, Will
Are you planning to post
<snipped confusion>
No, you brought the "Zorro" material back, remember?
Your drunken antics are hardly likely to be forgotten by anybody who's
seen them!
Post by Will Dockery
I had't seen that video in years until you reposted it (without my
permission, so technically you've infringed my copyright, you know).
Have you any evidence of this alleged copyright infringement? Of
course not. You're just lying again.

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery

Peter J Ross
2014-01-06 11:03:30 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 05:46:54 -0500, Will
So you're ready to stop pretending that I infringed your copyright?
Did you send Cujo a copy of my video?
As I've demonstrated, it isn't "yours".

Did I send Cujo a copy of the video for educational purposes? Yes.

Did I infringe anybody's copyright by doing so? No.
Post by Will Dockery
Just pointing out the fact that I'm a clueless whining drunkard.
Edited for truth.

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-07 04:40:27 UTC
Did I send Cujo a copy of the video for educational purposes? Yes.
Did I infringe anybody's copyright by doing so? No.
It would probably be a good idea for you to remember this "educational
purposes" excuse yourself, the next time you start spewing about "copyright
abuse" and so on.

Know what I mean?
Peter J Ross
2014-01-07 07:27:24 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 6 Jan 2014 23:40:27 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
spewing
abuse

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Will Dockery
2014-01-08 21:54:36 UTC
Post by g***@hotmail.com
And I watched it without your permission.
And I laughed at it
And we all laughed and laughed when we realized that Benders
M.H. Benders wrote the original poem that I rewrote and adapted for
American audiences as "Autograph of Zorro" way back in 2004, this original
footage has been lost almost as long. Here's the story, from 2004:

===============[Begin Quoted
Text]======================================

The Shadowville/Netherlands project:

http://spraci.net/cgi-bin/boards.cgi?area=europe&task=show&id=93807&bnarea=x0europe&size=3

"In my opinion Will Dockery is easily one of the most
authentic
American poets around. A real coffeehouse poet who is
not scared of
mingling some real American elements such as country
music into his
poetry. Whileas you just try to appear as European as
possible with
all your sucking up to 80 year old European
surrealists." -M.H.Benders

M.H. Benders: "Hey Dockery, what about you reading
some of my Dutch
poems in front of a live coffeehouse audience and
videotaping it? I'd
really like to make this sort of cross cultural art. I
will put it on
my website which is viewed by a lot of Dutch people
every day. I wrote
a new poem called 'The Autograph of Zorro'. I have
both an english and
a Dutch version. It would be fantastic if you could
read it to a
poetry club dressed as Zorro, preferaably in both the
english and the
Dutch version. Make someone videotape it and you can
send me the
cassette and I will convert it to an internet video. I
will promote
this video in whole Holland and you'll sure be a known
name to the
dutch poetry crowd. Let me know how we continue."

Will Dockery: "I think this could be interesting. I saw a
short video clip
of yours last Winter on one of the newsgroups that
reminded me of the
video films I made with Truman Bentley in the years
1996-99, and the
idea of the reading of "The Autograph Of Zorro" brings
back thoughts
of all those hours of footage. I'm thinking of a video
for "The
Autograph Of Zorro" that would use not only me reading
the English
translation of "The Autograph Of Zorro", backed by my
jazz musician
friends, Henry, Grumpy, Follicle, et al... but..."

M. H. Benders: "That's great. It sounds like a really
interesting
project. I will promote the video over my website
which has about
80.000 visitors a year, enough to give your name a
decent boost into
recognition by dutch people. It's nice that these sort
of
cross-cultural initiatives can develop over the
internet. So much
negativity floating around that it's good sometimes
something positive
happens."

Will Dockery: "Also various bits by other Shadowville poets
and regulars.
Basically, just bring the camera and record what
happens. The reading
of "Autograph Of Zorro" could serve as the promo for a
further video
surrounding the readings. Over the course of a month
of so, if it
clicks right, we could have several alternative
versions of the poem,
in both English and Dutch... So, that's the basics,
with extra shots
of audience members and other poets, et cetera. I send
you all the
results, and you can use the one[s] most appropriate."

M. H. Benders: "Thanks for showing an interest in the
cross cultural
project I am planning. You can arrange the reading
events in everyway
that you see fit, I trust your artistic vision. When
you have taped
the events you can send the tape. It would be nice, I
think, to have
some real American elements mixed with it like Country
Music (I have
always been a great country music fan) but you can
also use jazz if
you want. I will make sure the video is digitalised
and shown on
different locations on the Dutch internet. Then, in
the future, we can
also try it the other way around."

=================[End Quoted Text]============================

And so it goes, a classic momnet and work of Art /still/ being
discussed and remembered over a decade later.

And what have you done that's even lasted a week or two, Generic?

Right... nothing.
Post by g***@hotmail.com
a film of you
We did all of this without your permission.
Thanks for listening and giving your opinion on the poem, song and
video, Generic... after all, that's why we creat art. Without an audience it
is hardly worth it.

And so it goes.

--
Check out "Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://t.co/uE8YXWj8Nd
Hieronymous
2014-01-08 22:08:09 UTC
"a classic momnet"

LOL.
Will Dockery
2014-01-08 22:11:53 UTC
Post by Hieronymous
"a classic momnet"
LOL.
Okay, so I need a proof reader and/or editor.

If I could afford you I'd hire you!
--
Check out "Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://t.co/uE8YXWj8Nd
Hieronymous
2014-01-08 22:20:02 UTC
Get George to help you edit your wiki. It needs work.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2014-01-07 11:06:21 UTC
Did I send Cujo a copy of the video for educational purposes? Yes.
Did I infringe anybody's copyright by doing so? No.
It would probably be a good idea for you to remember this "educational
purposes" excuse yourself, the next time you start spewing about
"copyright abuse" and so on.
Know what I mean?
I hadn't been aware that there was a claim of copyright. In fact, you'd
seemed glad when it was posted. Did the comments change your mind or
something?
"Would you translate that into K00KSPEKE so I can understand it?" -
Raytard
Murphy admits his failure to communicate.
Will Dockery

Hieronymous
2014-01-07 12:03:53 UTC
When you say 'should have asked',
do you mean should have by virtue
of moral imperative, or should have
by legal requirement? How is 'should
have' relevant to what's done is done,
and where do you expect to take it?
Will Dockery
2014-01-08 15:58:55 UTC
Post by Hieronymous
When you say 'should have asked',
do you mean should have by virtue
of moral imperative, or should have
by legal requirement? How is 'should
have' relevant to what's done is done,
and where do you expect to take it?
There are several directions /it/ can go if so desired.
--
Check out "Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://t.co/uE8YXWj8Nd
Peter J Ross

ἔστι τις σιῶν τίσις - Alcman
Hieronymous
2014-01-07 14:57:30 UTC
You know where dogs stick their noses when sniffing other dogs?
That's you. So sit up straight and pay attention, or go do a few laps.
Will Dockery
2014-01-08 16:03:27 UTC
Post by Hieronymous
You know where dogs stick their noses when sniffing other dogs?
That's you. So sit up straight and pay attention, or go do a few laps.
Who were you writing this to?

Just curious.
--
Check out "Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://t.co/uE8YXWj8Nd
Will Dockery
2014-01-08 16:02:05 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
I hadn't been aware that there was a claim of copyright. In fact, you'd
seemed glad when it was posted. Did the comments change your mind or
something?
No, I kind of got a kick out of seeing the video after so many years. It
actually sounds better than I remembered.
You do know you should have asked my permission first before you posted it
to YouTube though, right?
Too late
Not at all, from any perspective.
--
Check out "Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://t.co/uE8YXWj8Nd
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2014-01-08 02:13:37 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
I hadn't been aware that there was a claim of copyright. In fact,
you'd seemed glad when it was posted. Did the comments change your
mind or something?
No, I kind of got a kick out of seeing the video after so many years.
It actually sounds better than I remembered.
You do know you should have asked my permission first before you
posted it to YouTube though, right?
I'm not aware you had any objections to a non-commercial posting. Most real
artists do not. I have terabytes of legal bootleg material that have either
the explicit or implicit blessings of the artist.

In fact, you might do well to heed the model of Nine Inch Nails who not
only allow taping and filming of their shows but also produce shows they
give away for free.

The key point of such genrousity is that the person with the material not
profit in any way. So if I wanted to send you a 10 CD set of the best Joni
Mitchell shows, I could not morally even charge you for the postage or the
CDs. I could however trade that for other music in return. So in a digital
age, putting it up for all to see when there is no claim by the artist to
forbid such an act is normally welcomed.

So what precedent do you have to make a claim that I needed your
permission?
2014-01-08 16:05:17 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
[...]
So you are stating that you gad no malicious intent when you posted the
copyrighted video without my permission?
--
Check out "Shadowville Speedway / Will Dockery & Henry Conley" -
http://t.co/uE8YXWj8Nd
g***@hotmail.com
2014-01-08 18:50:39 UTC
So you are stating that you gad no malicious intent when you posted the
copyrighted video without my permission?
I took it to be a Public Service Announcement regarding the dangers of
drinking, smoking and being a delusional narcissist.

And I watched it without your permission.
And I laughed at it without your permission.
And Benders watched it, and laughed at it without your permission.
And we all laughed and laughed when we realized that Benders had trolled you
into making a film of you making an idiot of yourself.
We did all of this without your permission.
Hieronymous
2014-01-08 19:05:12 UTC
The sound of malicious
laughter is bad, very bad.
Bwa ha ha. See. That's bad.
Do not try this at home. LOL.
Will Dockery
2011-09-28 14:45:24 UTC
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
trivia to me
Did that hovel you live in ever sell?
I guess you'll have to move if it does.
Sounds like you've been stalking the wrong "Will Dockery" this morning,
ggamble.