SND (Teenage Love) 19/11/30
2019-12-01 01:10:03 UTC
The Wackers, Teenage Love
(Bob Segarini)

I don't want no older woman
Who really doesn't dig my scene
And I don't want no spaced out groupie
Who wants to be a gypsy queen
And I don't want no nasty lady
Who doesn't dig rock 'n' roll -
I just want the dew-eyed daughter
Of a father that lost control
[...]

General Zod
2019-12-01 06:07:39 UTC
This should be a good one...!!
George J. Dance
2019-12-01 12:37:30 UTC
This should be a good one...!!
We shall see. My own thoughts turn to the 50s:

Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers, Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
(Frankie Lymon & Morris Levy)
[Herman Santiago & Jimmy Merchant]

Why does my heart
Skip a crazy beat
For I know
It will bring defeat
[...]

George J. Dance
2019-12-01 17:46:04 UTC
This should be a good one...!!
Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers, Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
(Frankie Lymon & Morris Levy)
[Herman Santiago & Jimmy Merchant]
Why does my heart
Skip a crazy beat
For I know
It will bring defeat
[...]
http://youtu.be/iNXHXP-IheY
Dion & the Belmonts, Teenager in Love

Each time we have a quarrel, it almost breaks my heart,
Because I'm so afraid that we will have to part.
Each night I ask the stars up above:
Why must I be a teenager in love?
[...]

George J. Dance
2019-12-01 17:55:50 UTC
This should be a good one...!!
Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers, Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
(Frankie Lymon & Morris Levy)
[Herman Santiago & Jimmy Merchant]
Why does my heart
Skip a crazy beat
For I know
It will bring defeat
[...]
http://youtu.be/iNXHXP-IheY
Dion and the Belmonts, A Teenager in Love
(Doc Pomus / Mort Shuman)
Post by George J. Dance
Each time we have a quarrel, it almost breaks my heart,
Because I'm so afraid that we will have to part.
Why must I be a teenager in love?
[...]
http://youtu.be/FuXGWEsEOYQ
Dion and the Belmonts, I Wonder Why
(Milton Campbell / Oliver Sain)

When you're with me, I'm sure you're always true
When I'm away, I wonder what you do
I wonder why
I'm sure you're always true, always true
[...]

General Zod
2019-12-03 20:15:19 UTC
Meat Loaf...!!

Almost forgot about him...!!
Will Dockery
2019-12-01 19:00:14 UTC
This should be a good one...!!
Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers, Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
(Frankie Lymon & Morris Levy)
[Herman Santiago & Jimmy Merchant]
Why does my heart
Skip a crazy beat
For I know
It will bring defeat
[...]
http://youtu.be/iNXHXP-IheY
I had one I thought was pretty good, but turns out YouTube has blocked it for Copyright reasons, so I'll try again shortly.

2019-12-02 00:01:00 UTC
This should be a good one...!!
Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers, Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
(Frankie Lymon & Morris Levy)
[Herman Santiago & Jimmy Merchant]
Why does my heart
Skip a crazy beat
For I know
It will bring defeat
[...]
http://youtu.be/iNXHXP-IheY
I had one I thought was pretty good, but turns out YouTube has blocked it for Copyright reasons, so I'll try again shortly.
Sure; there's lots we can use. It certainly doesn't have to be 50s, though that was the Golden Age for songs about teen love. Here's a 21st-century look back on a teenage romance:

Katy Perry, The One That Got Away
(Katy Perry / Lukasz Gottwald / Max Martin)

Summer after high school, when we first met,
We'd make out in your Mustang to Radiohead
And on my eighteenth birthday we got matching tattoos;
Used to steal your parents' liquor and climb to the roof,
Talk about our future like we had a clue;
Never planned that one day I'd be losing you
[...]

Will Dockery
2019-12-03 09:02:31 UTC
Fast forward to 1973 or so:

"Now I know your mama she don't like me
because I play in a rock and roll band
And I know your daddy he don't dig me but he never did understand
Papa lowered the boom he locked you in your room
I'm coming to lend a hand
I'm coming to liberate you confiscate you I want to be your man
Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny..."

-Bruce Springsteen
Z***@none.i2p
2019-12-03 17:08:17 UTC
Will Dockery wrote on Tue, 03 December 2019 09:02
http://youtu.be/HC4bf67s5lQ
Bruce S. at his finest.......
George J. Dance
2019-12-03 19:57:07 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/HC4bf67s5lQ
"Now I know your mama she don't like me
because I play in a rock and roll band
And I know your daddy he don't dig me but he never did understand
Papa lowered the boom he locked you in your room
I'm coming to lend a hand
I'm coming to liberate you confiscate you I want to be your man
Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny..."
-Bruce Springsteen
Bruce S. at his finest.......
Springsteen brought back rock n roll, and with rock n roll returned the theme of teen love. Rosalita is a great humorous look at the subject. This, though, is the paradigm:

Meatloaf, Paradise by the Dashboard Light
(Jim Steinman)

I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday
Parking by the lake and there was not another car in sight
And I never had a girl looking any better than you did
And all the kids at school were wishing they were me that night
[...]

Will Dockery
2019-12-03 20:01:00 UTC
Post by Z***@none.i2p
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/HC4bf67s5lQ
"Now I know your mama she don't like me
because I play in a rock and roll band
And I know your daddy he don't dig me but he never did understand
Papa lowered the boom he locked you in your room
I'm coming to lend a hand
I'm coming to liberate you confiscate you I want to be your man
Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny..."
-Bruce Springsteen
Bruce S. at his finest.......
Meatloaf, Paradise by the Dashboard Light
(Jim Steinman)
I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday
Parking by the lake and there was not another car in sight
And I never had a girl looking any better than you did
And all the kids at school were wishing they were me that night
[...]
http://youtu.be/C11MzbEcHlw
The female singer in the duet with Meat is Ellen Foley, I think?

I can look it up but just seeing if my memory serves me well, still.

2019-12-03 23:26:56 UTC
Post by Z***@none.i2p
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/HC4bf67s5lQ
[...]
;)
Yes, it is. I was impressed enough by PBtDL to buy her debut LP.

Here's a song from it, that sorta fits. If it'll help to get you to listen, I'll mention that it was produced by Mick Ronson and Ian Hunter.

Ellen Foley, Night Out
(Philip Rambow)

It's a Saturday night on the lower East side
And the kids in from Queens have now taken their ride,
Starlight in their eyes.
They're chic on the streets and they're struttin' With pride
And they're light on their feet as they hustle inside;
They're all giggles and sighs
[...]

General Zod
2019-12-03 23:32:33 UTC
Post by Z***@none.i2p
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/HC4bf67s5lQ
[...]
http://youtu.be/jowoVFsAglM
She is lovely and talented....

Ellen Foley featuring The Clash "Torchlight"
Z***@none.i2p
Classic............
George J. Dance
2020-01-15 01:05:59 UTC
Post by Z***@none.i2p
George J. Dance wrote on Sun, 01 December 2019 12:37
This should be a good one...!!
Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers, Why Do Fools Fall in Love?
(Frankie Lymon & Morris Levy)
[Herman Santiago & Jimmy Merchant]
Why does my heart
Skip a crazy beat
For I know
It will bring defeat
[...]
http://youtu.be/iNXHXP-IheY
Classic............
Thanks. We should do a dancehall on the 50's sometime; there's lots to play.

Here's another great love song from the era.

Frankie Avalon, Venus

Will Dockery
2019-12-02 00:17:56 UTC
This is kind of interesting:

Bob Dylan - I Got A New Girl (Teen Love Serenade) [1959 - Early Dylan]
Zod The Mighty
2019-12-03 02:32:50 UTC
http://youtu.be/V8-3Xj--Ml0
Bob Dylan - I Got A New Girl (Teen Love Serenade) [1959 - Early Dylan]
Interesting and odd.....
Z***@none.i2p
2019-12-30 19:23:04 UTC
Will Dockery wrote on Mon, 02 December 2019 00:17
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/V8-3Xj--Ml0
Bob Dylan - I Got A New Girl (Teen Love Serenade) [1959 - Early Dylan]
Quite interesting.....
George J. Dance
2019-12-30 20:09:27 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
http://youtu.be/V8-3Xj--Ml0
Bob Dylan - I Got A New Girl (Teen Love Serenade) [1959 - Early Dylan]
Quite interesting.....
You know who I think he sounds like?

Buddy Holly, It's So Easy to Fall in Love

Z***@none.i2p
2019-12-30 22:37:48 UTC
George J. Dance wrote on Mon, 30 December 2019 20:09
http://youtu.be/V8-3Xj--Ml0
http://youtu.be/gIXwoA18sfk
Love B.H.
General Zod
2019-12-02 02:22:48 UTC
This should be a good one...!!
Way back in the old Buffalo days when I swooned over Suzy Q and all that, I had a job working at the Grand Island Holiday Inn......

Many famous folks stayed there and one night I rode in the elevator with.....

Wait for it.....

Donny and Marie Osmond.....!!!

Puppy Love..... ha ha ha.....
General Zod
2019-12-03 18:38:07 UTC
How about John Cougar Mellancamp and his little ditty about Jack and Diane...?
George J. Dance
2019-12-03 19:48:23 UTC
How about John Cougar Mellancamp and his little ditty about Jack and Diane...?
For sure:

Z***@none.i2p
2019-12-03 19:52:57 UTC
George J. Dance wrote on Tue, 03 December 2019 19:48
How about John Cougar Mellancamp and his little ditty about Jack and Diane...?
http://youtu.be/h04CH9YZcpI
And then there's Van Morrison's BROWN EYED GIRL...!!
Will Dockery
2019-12-03 19:49:47 UTC
How about John Cougar Mellancamp and his little ditty about Jack and Diane...?
I think it fits exactly.

2019-12-04 08:05:39 UTC
Post by Z***@none.i2p
http://youtu.be/HC4bf67s5lQ