Apple Montage / explained scene by scene
Add Reply
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-05 21:34:59 UTC
Here, I will explain the poem scene by scene.....
Apple Montage
Sneaking around
with Cousin Jenny,
smoking menthol
beyond the sheds.
1.....
Late summer vacation 1973
in the backwoods of Tennessee.
2....
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
that makes 3 scenes... or images...
There were several
of those trees
4th scenes in the montage.....
and other trees
behind them
5th scene as the "camera" backs up...
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Bam... 6th scene is a big Vista Vision shot.......
Later, I stood near
as a crowd
7th scene... montage of crowd....
watched Pops and my Uncle
cooking apple butter;
8th scene close up of the two men.....
stirring the brown gunk,
boiling in a huge black kettle.
9th scene.... zoom into the view in the pot...

Such as...

Only with apples cooking in the image....
I saw my father
secretly pass
a wine bottle
to my Uncle Clarence.
10th scene in the montage....
I went from
breathing cold mist
out back behind the barn,
11th scene.....
to breathing
the hot misty steam.
"Misty" steam swirl effect... montage style... #12 scene...
The air smelled of apple fumes
and strong booze.
Scene 13 with Doc and Jenny......
-Will Dockery
The other thread for this poem is getting so long I want to start a new one specifically for discussion of the poem, which continues.
http://alt.arts.poetry.comments.narkive.com/cEgduQLs/apple-montage-will-dockery-ping-george
:)
There you have it... the montage explained scene by scene.....
Hieronymous Corey
2019-07-05 21:49:30 UTC
LOL
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-05 22:20:10 UTC
LOL
Hello Pastor Corey...……….
Hieronymous Corey
2019-07-05 22:39:32 UTC
Thanks for the laughs.
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-05 22:42:21 UTC
Thanks for the laughs.
Well you are welco9me Pastor Corey......
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-11 03:53:33 UTC
Yes, Cook did steal "Karma Bombs" word-for-word and used it without attribution to me as the writer.
I have read all the archived posts and this is how it went down...

Cook stole Doc's poem as a joke, but he still did steal the poem, and abused Doc's copyright in the process..
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-12 03:37:21 UTC

Edward Rochester Esq.
2019-07-05 22:08:54 UTC
http://www.jpost.com/sites/default/files/BloggersImages/822%5C/image/goat_head_soup_alt.jpg
[...]
You are a drunken fool for sure...anyway

enter woods stage right

curious squirrels watch from above

Lady Bunny drops drawers, preparing to take a shit

crane shot..squirrels scamper..leaping branch to branch

fade out

fade in..Lady Bunny looks for leaves.

long shot...Lady Bunny uses a sleeve to clean up

slow fade...cue music "All Things Must Pass' G. Harrison

roll credits.
NancyGene
Is he going to draw a cartoon of that? Has anyone found Zid's missing penis?
Peter J Ross
2019-07-06 21:50:05 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 6 Jul 2019 14:25:16 -0700 (PDT),
Post by NancyGene
Has anyone found Zid's missing penis?
Perhaps it's owned by the same woman who keeps Dreckery's balls on a
stick as a souvenir of their ten-minute relationship.

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-07-07 03:00:26 UTC
It's a montage because Doc told me it's one. That's all you need to know. There is a bottle of wine and a blowjob in it for me to go along with it so shit the fuck up.
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-07 05:06:39 UTC
Post by Rex Hunter Jr.
It's a montage
For once we agree ye forging fool.....
Michael Pendragon
2019-07-07 05:40:53 UTC
ROTFLMAO!
Will Dockery
It is visual enough as is that I think most readers can see it themselves as they read it...
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-07 21:37:15 UTC
Post by Rex Hester Jr.
Post by NancyGene
Post by Rex Hester Jr.
[...]
I see it more as a movie....

Which i have a great deal of experience in making as well.....
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-13 01:59:06 UTC

Michael Pendragon
2019-07-06 01:19:42 UTC
Post by Rex Hester Jr.
[...]
1) Look up "scene."
2) Ask Dr. Schwimmer to explain it to you.
3) Ask Dr. Schwimmer to explain it to you a second time.
4) Get sloshed on bum wine and pass out in your tent.
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-06 03:15:40 UTC
Post by Rex Hester Jr.
[...]
1) Look up "scene
I don't need to...….

I already know what a scene and a montage of scenes is...….
Michael Pendragon
Obviously not.
Will Dockery
2019-07-06 02:35:06 UTC
Give up, Pendragon, you've lost this one.

😉
Michael Pendragon
2019-07-06 02:50:29 UTC
Give up, Pendragon, you've lost this one.
I gave up on this one on "montage."
ME
2019-07-06 08:48:34 UTC
Lost what?
Will Dockery
2019-07-06 08:44:52 UTC
No, those were scenes in the poem, Pendragon.
Michael Pendragon
2019-07-06 17:44:06 UTC
No, those were scenes in the poem, Pendragon.
Pick up any Shakespeare play.

Notice how it's divided into Acts and Scenes.

Read Act 1, Scene 1 and see if there isn't a bit more to it than "zoom in to a shot of apple cider cooking in a pot."

Extract your foot from your mouth (if possible) and STFU.
Will Dockery
2019-07-06 08:53:07 UTC
The argument.

2019-07-06 08:56:53 UTC
The argument.
:)
I thought it was about the poetry. Not about winning at all cost.
Will Dockery
2019-07-06 09:05:26 UTC
You have a point.
Will Dockery
2019-07-06 17:59:54 UTC

Post by Rex Hester Jr.
[...]
Or, as in "that makes 3 scenes... or images", image by image.

Give up, Pendragon... your protest is futile.

2019-07-06 18:41:57 UTC
Post by Rex Hester Jr.
[...]
"Image" and "scene" are not synonymous and cannot be interchanged.

And a literary images comprises *all* of the persons, places and things mentioned in the scene -- not *each* of the nouns that go into the creation of the scene.
Post by Will Dockery
Give up, Pendragon... your protest is futile.
Protesting a p.o.s. poem by an illiterate nobody would indeed be futile.

I was making an (equally futile) attempt to teach an illiterate nobody some of the basics of literary theory.

Whine all you like, but "Apple Non-tage" remain two scenes and a transition. Not because I've called it such, but because that's what it so obviously is.
Will Dockery
2019-07-06 19:15:19 UTC
<snip for brevity>
Post by Rex Hester Jr.
There you have it... the montage explained scene by scene.....
Or, as in "that makes 3 scenes... or images", image by image.
"Image" and "scene" are not synonymous
Call it sections of the poem, call it what you want, they are the pieces edited together to make a montage effect in my poem.

There's nothing to argue about here, either you take it or leave it.
Michael Pendragon
Fine. They are two "sections" with a transition... and nary an apple in sight.
Will Dockery
2019-07-07 07:53:32 UTC
Fine. They are two "sections" with a transition... and nary an apple in sight
No, there are thousands of apples to be visualized, in the trees:

To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
that makes 3 scenes... or images...
Post by Michael Pendragon
There were several
of those trees
4th scenes in the montage.....

==================================

You have to be either ignoring the poem in your comments or simply trolling me not to be able to see all this, Pendragon.
Michael Pendragon
2019-07-07 08:10:35 UTC
Fine. They are two "sections" with a transition... and nary an apple in sight
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
that makes 3 scenes... or images...
Post by Michael Pendragon
There were several
of those trees
4th scenes in the montage.....
Post by Michael Pendragon
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Bam... 6th scene is a big Vista Vision shot...
==================================
You have to be either ignoring the poem in your comments or simply trolling me not to be able to see all this, Pendragon.
And you must be dumber than dogshit not to realize that the appearance of nouns in a poem does not constitute a literary image, much less a literary montage.

Every poem (that I'm aware of) contains nouns. According to your imbecilic reasoning, every poem would therefore contain montages of images.
Will Dockery
2019-07-07 09:15:14 UTC
Fine. They are two "sections" with a transition... and nary an apple in sight
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
that makes 3 scenes... or images...
Post by Michael Pendragon
There were several
of those trees
4th scenes in the montage.....
Post by Michael Pendragon
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Bam... 6th scene is a big Vista Vision shot...
==================================
You have to be either ignoring the poem in your comments or simply trolling me not to be able to see all this, Pendragon.
And you must be dumber than dogshit
<rant snipped>

That's it, get your frustrations out, since you'll never win this argument.

2019-07-07 17:13:34 UTC
Fine. They are two "sections" with a transition... and nary an apple in sight
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
that makes 3 scenes... or images...
Post by Michael Pendragon
There were several
of those trees
4th scenes in the montage.....
Post by Michael Pendragon
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Bam... 6th scene is a big Vista Vision shot...
==================================
You have to be either ignoring the poem in your comments or simply trolling me not to be able to see all this, Pendragon.
And you must be dumber than dogshit
<rant snipped>
That's it, get your frustrations out, since you'll never win this argument.
One can never "win" any argument with you, due to your dogged insistence on maintaining your own stupidity regardless of the cost (be it of time or your own reputation).

Ultimately, one abandons the attempt to break through to your (supposed) intellect, and releases his frustrations in the revenge-tinted laughter of mockery.

This mirth is coupled with a masochistic tendency to test the endurance of one's patience in chipping away at an adamantine wall in full knowledge of the futility of one's self-imposed task.

You would do well to assume that I am in this latter phase where "Apple Non-tage" is concerned, and have been for quite some time.

Michael Pendragon
“I'd think so, but never underestimate the stupidity of a troll.”
-- Wee Whiny Willie Dockery, quintessential dumb fuck, pissbum
Will Dockery
2019-07-07 17:31:40 UTC
Fine. They are two "sections" with a transition... and nary an apple in sight
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
that makes 3 scenes... or images...
Post by Michael Pendragon
There were several
of those trees
4th scenes in the montage.....
Post by Michael Pendragon
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Bam... 6th scene is a big Vista Vision shot...
==================================
You have to be either ignoring the poem in your comments or simply trolling me not to be able to see all this, Pendragon.
One can never "win" any argument with you
Certainly not if you're in the wrong, Pendragon, which you are in this case.

2019-07-07 18:29:23 UTC
Fine. They are two "sections" with a transition... and nary an apple in sight
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
that makes 3 scenes... or images...
Post by Michael Pendragon
There were several
of those trees
4th scenes in the montage.....
Post by Michael Pendragon
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Bam... 6th scene is a big Vista Vision shot...
==================================
You have to be either ignoring the poem in your comments or simply trolling me not to be able to see all this, Pendragon.
One can never "win" any argument with you
Certainly not if you're in the wrong, Pendragon, which you are in this case.
;)
You are wrong pissbum.
Everyone else knows you are wrong.
Dunce and zid try to shore up your idiotic claim here, but they failed.
But please keep proving, for everyone else’s amusement here, what a complete and utter dumb ass mother fucker you are. Others have been pointing that undeniable fact about you for decades here.
And the laughs keep coming!
Will Dockery
2019-07-07 18:37:09 UTC
Fine. They are two "sections" with a transition... and nary an apple in sight
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
that makes 3 scenes... or images...
Post by Michael Pendragon
There were several
of those trees
4th scenes in the montage.....
Post by Michael Pendragon
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Bam... 6th scene is a big Vista Vision shot...
==================================
You have to be either ignoring the poem in your comments or simply trolling me not to be able to see all this, Pendragon.
One can never "win" any argument with you
Certainly not if you're in the wrong, Pendragon, which you are in this case.
;)
You are wrong
<troll rant snipped>

As if and ignorant yet obsessive stalker troll such as yourself would have enough intelligence to try to make that call.

2019-07-08 20:15:48 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 7 Jul 2019 10:13:34 -0700 (PDT),
<...>
That's it, get your frustrations out, since you'll never win this argument.
One can never "win" any argument with you, due to your dogged
insistence on maintaining your own stupidity regardless of the cost
(be it of time or your own reputation).
Ultimately, one abandons the attempt to break through to your
(supposed) intellect, and releases his frustrations in the
revenge-tinted laughter of mockery.
This mirth is coupled with a masochistic tendency to test the
endurance of one's patience in chipping away at an adamantine wall
in full knowledge of the futility of one's self-imposed task.
You would do well to assume that I am in this latter phase where
"Apple Non-tage" is concerned, and have been for quite some time.
If you think that's bad try getting him to acknowledge the obvious
facts that (a) Michael Cook (alias God) didn't steal his "poem", but
(b) he did steal God's (alias Michael Cook's) sound recording of the
"poem".

I've been trying for what seems like a thousand years but is probably
only a decade or two.

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Will Dockery
2019-07-08 20:46:55 UTC
Michael Cook
didn't steal his "poem"
ME
2019-07-08 21:44:35 UTC
Michael Cook
didn't steal his "poem"
τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Yes, Cook did steal "Karma Bombs" word-for-word and used it without attribution to me as the writer.
But, you have no legal recourse for this allegation against Michael Cook.
That fact, alone, should have shut your ignorant, dumbass up a long time ago.
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-08 22:16:45 UTC
Yes, Cook did steal "Karma Bombs" word-for-word and used it without attribution to me as the writer.
But, you have no legal recourse for this allegation against Michael Cook
Doc wrote the poem and Cook tole the poem.....

Used it without permission......

And left any crdit to Doc off the Karma Bombs poem.....

How difficult for you to understand is that.....?? ?
Peter J Ross
2019-07-08 23:26:29 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 8 Jul 2019 15:16:45 -0700 (PDT),
Post by Rex Hester Jr.
Post by ME
Yes, Cook did steal "Karma Bombs" word-for-word and used it without attribution to me as the writer.
But, you have no legal recourse for this allegation against Michael Cook
Doc wrote the poem and Cook tole the poem.....
Used it without permission......
And left any crdit to Doc off the Karma Bombs poem.....
How difficult for you to understand is that.....?? ?
As you know, none of what you've just typed is true.

God (alias Michael Cook) did not "tole", or even steal, Dreckery's
illiterate, moronic spew.

He did not use the illiterate, moronic spew without permission.

He "crdited", or credited, Dreckery for the illiterate, moronic spew.

Subsequently, Dreckery stole Michael Cook's (alias God's) sound
recording of Dreckery's illiterate, moronic spew, pretended to be its
creator, and offered it for sale as his own work on his lulu.com
kookpage. He went on to steal numerous examples of God's (alias
Michael Cook's) other creative work, one of which was still being
plagiarised on Dreckery's Pinterest kookpage just a few weeks ago.

Why do you lie so much in defence of somebody who despises you, Plod?

"Don't give the money to Plod, because he'll just spend it on drink
and drugs." - Will Dreckery, paraphrased

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Rex Hester Jr.
2019-07-09 03:23:18 UTC

ME
2019-07-07 17:30:54 UTC
Fine. They are two "sections" with a transition... and nary an apple in sight
To the right
behind the barn
were apple trees.
that makes 3 scenes... or images...
Post by Michael Pendragon
There were several
of those trees
4th scenes in the montage.....
Post by Michael Pendragon
beyond a field
and behind them, other trees.
Bam... 6th scene is a big Vista Vision shot...
==================================
You have to be either ignoring the poem in your comments or simply trolling me not to be able to see all this, Pendragon.
And you must be dumber than dogshit
<rant snipped>
That's it, get your frustrations out, since you'll never win this argument.
There’s no argument to be won pissbum.
Once again, someone points out and calls you out on your blatant ignorance.
And, per your usual delusional behavior, you deny your stupidity over and over......
You do this because that’s the only attention you can garner here. You receive very little attention in real life, therefore you need whatever you can get here. No matter how negative and demeaning it is.
Will Dockery
2019-07-07 05:43:19 UTC
Post edit much, Pendragon?

2019-07-07 07:24:43 UTC
Post edit much, Pendragon?
By restoring the original quote that Lady Bunny had responded to?

Even you can't be that stupid.
Will Dockery
2019-07-07 07:48:53 UTC
By restoring the original quote
<snip>

Don't play so stupid, Pendagon.

Once the post is snipped the section snipped is gone... that's the point of snipping it.
Peter J Ross
2019-07-08 20:18:55 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sun, 7 Jul 2019 00:48:53 -0700 (PDT),
On Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 3:24:44 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon
Post by Michael Pendragon
By restoring the original quote
<snip>
Don't play so stupid, Pendagon.
Once the post is snipped the section snipped is gone... that's the point of snipping it.
Once your head is buried in the sand the less moronic camels will stop
picking on you, right?

τὸν οἰόμενον νόον ἔχειν ὁ νουθετέων ματαιοπονεῖ.
- Democritus
Will Dockery
2019-07-08 23:51:11 UTC
I did not give Michael Cook permission to use the Karma Bombs poem, and when he stole the poem he didn't attribute me as the writer of the poem.

Those are archived facts.