The Lost Loretta Poem
Add Reply
Johnny Galt
2019-08-07 08:55:35 UTC
The Lost Loretta Poem....

Now being written by the light of a camp fire...

Down by old man river...

I want to sail away on with her...
Will Dockery
2019-08-07 17:29:38 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
The Lost Loretta Poem....
Now being written by the light of a camp fire...
Down by old man river...
I want to sail away on with her...
That's pretty much a poem in itself.

2019-08-07 17:36:28 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
The Lost Loretta Poem....
Now being written by the light of a camp fire...
Down by old man river...
I want to sail away on with her...
That's pretty much a poem in itself.
Yes, it reminds me very much of your "poetry."

Michael Pendragon
“Well, knowing Sulzbach as I do, I was pleasantly surprised he decided to spend the money on something other than booze and drugs.”
-- Wee Whiny Willie Dockery, quintessential dumb fuck, alcoholic pissbum
Will Dockery
2019-08-07 17:40:41 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
The Lost Loretta Poem....
Now being written by the light of a camp fire...
Down by old man river...
I want to sail away on with her...
That's pretty much a poem in itself.
Yes, it reminds me very much of your "poetry."
While your "Loretta" poem reminds me of misogynist Hip-Hop crap.

:)
Admiral Fripp
Definitely not my vision of the poem at all.....
Johnny Galt
Yes... I see Loretta has become the object of obsession today......
Will Dockery
Your fan club in full force... heh.
Johnny Galt
It might well be with some polish.....
Edward Rochester Esq.
Shoe polish?
Johnny Galt
It may well be at that....
Will Dockery
That's why it would make a great four line Instagram poem.
Michael Pendragon
2019-08-11 07:52:30 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Johnny Galt
The Lost Loretta Poem....
Now being written by the light of a camp fire...
Down by old man river...
I want to sail away on with her...
That's pretty much a poem in itself.
:)
It may well be at that....
That's why it would make a great four line Instagram poem.
You need to work on your counting skills as well. The alleged "poem" contains only three lines.

The second line "borrows" the phrase "Old Man River" from Oscar Hammerstein II. It also confuses the Mississippi for the Chattahoochee.

The third line is gibberish. How, pray tell, does one "sail away on with" someone? One either sails away with Loretta, or he sails away on Loretta. I'm rooting for the latter, as it would make for a far less clichéd line.
Will Dockery
2019-08-11 07:58:50 UTC
The alleged "poem" contains only three lines

The Lost Loretta Poem....

Now being written by the light of a camp fire...

Down by old man river...

I want to sail away on with her...

I call it four lines, you don't have to agree.

When counting the lines of a poem, one does not include the title.
Will Dockery
That looks like a first line to me rather than a title.
Michael Pendragon
The fact that it's the title of this thread should have been a dead give-away.
Rex Hunter Jr.

Better now Pendragron….?
Andre Hugo
You are quite correct..............
NancyGene
How many times has Dunce sailed away on the Good Ship Maureen (under cover of darkness of course)?
Will Dockery
2019-08-11 19:03:45 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
The Lost Loretta Poem....
Now being written by the light of a camp fire...
Down by old man river...
I want to sail away on with her...
How many times has Dunce
Obsessed with George Dance much, Nancy G?
Michael Pendragon
2019-08-11 22:10:41 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
The Lost Loretta Poem....
Now being written by the light of a camp fire...
Down by old man river...
I want to sail away on with her...
How many times has Dunce sailed away on the Good Ship Maureen (under cover of darkness of course)?
Hey you sailor (ho! ho!) way out on your whaler
With your harpoon and your trusty line
If she shows now, yo! there she blows now
It just may be chunky Maureen Dunce.

Slightly modified from Bobby Darin's recording of "Clementine," written by Percy Montrose/Woody Harris (modern lyrics).
Rex Hunter Jr.
You are correct, Doc...……….
Will Dockery

https://www.instagram.com/willdockery007
Rex Hunter Jr.
Good plan really....
Will Dockery
2019-08-08 01:21:34 UTC
Definitely a buzz developing out there for this one, Zod.

:)
Johnny Galt
2019-08-08 03:10:04 UTC
Yes I see that Loretta has become the main object of attack by the misogyny gang....
Will Dockery
2019-08-08 11:45:58 UTC
True, that should be expected from these scumbag trolls by this point.
Will Dockery
Instagram it.
The Real General Zod
Yes maybe....
Will Dockery
2019-08-14 03:45:36 UTC
Make it so...

;)
Rex Hunter Jr.
2019-08-14 03:48:54 UTC
Make it so...
;)
The poem is still being written.... had new ideas today for it....
Rex Hunter Jr.
No this poem is growing to epic size again.....
Will Dockery
2019-08-16 03:21:39 UTC
Post by Rex Hunter Jr.
Post by Johnny Galt
The Lost Loretta Poem....
Now being written by the light of a camp fire...
Down by old man river...
I want to sail away on with her...
No this poem is growing to epic size again.....
I saw Loretta and her two sisters racing up Second Avenue on their bikes this afternoon, they were leaving the Salvation Army soup line.

She is quite an epic worthy young Lass.

:)
Rex Hunter Jr.
When those three team up it is hell on wheels.....
Will Dockery
2019-08-16 19:43:29 UTC
Post by Rex Hunter Jr.
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Rex Hunter Jr.
Post by Johnny Galt
The Lost Loretta Poem....
Now being written by the light of a camp fire...
Down by old man river...
I want to sail away on with her...
No this poem is growing to epic size again.....
I saw Loretta and her two sisters racing up Second Avenue on their bikes this afternoon, they were leaving the Salvation Army soup line.
She is quite an epic worthy young Lass.
:)
When those three team up it is hell on wheels.....
That really sounds like a different poem starting.

Loretta

The Lost Loretta Poem....

Now being written by the light of a camp fire...

Down by old man river...

I want to sail away on with her...

By General Zod

Again, I still think the four line version of the poem works best, simple in a nearly haiku form, Ray.
Ray Novack
I am thinking of making it a POEM CYCLE actually..........
Andre Newman
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Cycle
Andre Hugo
It does work well as-is..................
Andre Hugo
2019-08-19 01:34:14 UTC
Post by Johnny Galt
The Lost Loretta Poem....
Now being written by the light of a camp fire...
Down by old man river...
I want to sail away on with her...
There you go Rochester....

The poem so far......