John Berryman comparison
Will Dockery
2015-06-24 17:28:45 UTC
This is interesting (to me, at least).

I came across this nice quote about my poetry which I will use, that was really insightful and thus a good help.

"In style and temperment, William Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dream Songs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated... self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth." -From William Dockery's New Poems (critique by Rick Howe) circa 1989

About John Berryman, from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Berryman

John Allyn Berryman (October 25, 1914 - January 7, 1972) was an American poet and scholar, born in McAlester, Oklahoma. He was a major figure in American poetry in the second half of the 20th century and was considered a key figure in the Confessional school of poetry, though when he was asked about being a confessional poet, he replied, "with rage and contempt." His best-known work is The Dream Songs.
Will Dockery
2015-06-29 11:51:56 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I came across this nice quote about my poetry which I will use, that was really insightful and thus a good help.
"In style and temperament, William Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dream Songs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated... self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth." -From William Dockery's New Poems (critique by Rick Howe) circa 1989
Alas, even the late great Rick Howe could have used a spell check.

:D
Post by Will Dockery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Berryman
John Allyn Berryman (October 25, 1914 - January 7, 1972) was an American poet and scholar, born in McAlester, Oklahoma. He was a major figure in American poetry in the second half of the 20th century and was considered a key figure in the Confessional school of poetry, though when he was asked about being a confessional poet, he replied, "with rage and contempt." His best-known work is The Dream Songs.
Check out "Idol Hour Night" by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars -
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idol-hour-night--dockery-mallard
Zod The Mighty
Outstanding and agree.....
Will Dockery
2019-12-18 01:56:15 UTC
Well, he was describing John Berryman.

;)
H***@novabbs.i2p
2020-02-15 21:08:53 UTC
Will Dockery wrote on Wed, 18 December 2019 01:56
John Berryman was a master of the self-myth in poetry.......
Will Dockery
2019-12-18 01:12:46 UTC
Thanks for the endorsement, General Zod.

;)
Edward Rochester Esq.
2019-12-18 01:16:28 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Thanks for the endorsement, General Zod.
;)
Be careful what you post:

discombobulated
/ˌdiskəmˈbäbyəˌlādəd/
adjective

1.
confused and disconcerted:
Z***@novabbs.i2p
2020-04-17 01:41:48 UTC
Good read...
H***@novabbs.i2p
2020-02-29 01:53:02 UTC
Will Dockery wrote on Wed, 18 December 2019 01:12
Quite apt....
Z***@none.i2p
2020-05-09 08:16:17 UTC
Indeedly.....
Zod
Cool thread on confessional poetry...
m***@yahoo.com
Druggery, stop comparing yourself to dead people. If you're going to do that, at least make it more accurate and compare yourself to someone like Son of Sam.
Will Dockery
2020-02-16 03:48:07 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Berryman
John Allyn Berryman (October 25, 1914 - January 7, 1972) was an American poet and scholar, born in McAlester, Oklahoma. He was a major figure in American poetry in the second half of the 20th century and was considered a key figure in the Confessional school of poetry, though when he was asked about being a confessional poet, he replied, "with rage and contempt." His best-known work is The Dream Songs.
Check out "Idol Hour Night" by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars -
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idol-hour-night--dockery-mallard
stop
Actually, let's stop... and take this to the War Room.

:)
Hector Heathcliff
2020-02-16 07:19:29 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Berryman
John Allyn Berryman (October 25, 1914 - January 7, 1972) was an American poet and scholar, born in McAlester, Oklahoma. He was a major figure in American poetry in the second half of the 20th century and was considered a key figure in the Confessional school of poetry, though when he was asked about being a confessional poet, he replied, "with rage and contempt." His best-known work is The Dream Songs.
Check out "Idol Hour Night" by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars -
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idol-hour-night--dockery-mallard
stop comparing yourself
You are a low brow troll fool....
Z***@none.i2p
2020-03-18 16:38:43 UTC
madeforzyngagames wrote on Sun, 16 February 2020 03:27
Post by Will Dockery
I came across this nice quote about my poetry which I will use, that was really insightful and thus a good help.
"In style and temperament, William Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dream Songs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated... self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth." -From William Dockery's New Poems (critique by Rick Howe) circa 1989
Alas, even the late great Rick Howe could have used a spell check.
:d
Dink, you are a fool......
Zod
Quite interesting and part of the "Confessional Poetry" discussion...
Will Dockery
Yes i found this comparison Interesting.
Zod
Yep...
Will Dockery
2023-04-03 19:09:19 UTC
Post by Zod
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Berryman
John Allyn Berryman (October 25, 1914 - January 7, 1972) was an American poet and scholar, born in McAlester, Oklahoma. He was a major figure in American poetry in the second half of the 20th century and was considered a key figure in the Confessional school of poetry, though when he was asked about being a confessional poet, he replied, "with rage and contempt." His best-known work is The Dream Songs.
Check out "Idol Hour Night" by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars -
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idol-hour-night--dockery-mallard
Quite interesting and part of the "Confessional Poetry" discussion...
Yes i found this comparison Interesting.
Yep...
Since this is now a current topic again.

🙂
Will Dockery
John Berryman was a pioneer confessional poet.
Will Dockery
Faraway Star
J. B. is gone but not forgotten...!
W.Dockery
I agree.
General-Zod
Yo... and God bless his soul...!
W.Dockery @www.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
2024-02-12 02:25:39 UTC
Post by General-Zod
Post by W.Dockery
Post by Faraway Star
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Zod
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Good evening my friend.

Zod
2023-04-03 20:54:34 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I came across this nice quote about my poetry which I will use, that was really insightful and thus a good help.
"In style and temperament, William Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dream Songs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated... self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth." -From William Dockery's New Poems (critique by Rick Howe) circa 1989
I miss old Rick Howe, we were room mates for a while back around 1994....
W.Dockery
2023-04-05 23:38:20 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I came across this nice quote about my poetry which I will use, that was really insightful and thus a good help.
"In style and temperament, William Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dream Songs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated... self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth." -From William Dockery's New Poems (critique by Rick Howe) circa 1989
I miss old Rick Howe, we were room mates for a while back around 1994....
Agreed, Rick is greatly missed, may he rest in peace.
General-Zod
2023-04-12 21:07:23 UTC
Post by W.Dockery

https://www.flickr.com/photos/***@N08/3275679212/

********** Rick Howe and Steve Hill performing in Springdale, Arkansas *************
W-Dockery
Again, cool find.
W.Dockery
2023-04-14 13:03:23 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I came across this nice quote about my poetry which I will use, that was really insightful and thus a good help.
"In style and temperament, William Dockery's poetry is a little like that of John Berryman - cf., The Dream Songs. A basically sensitive but slightly discombobulated... self, in the way in which a poet like William Dockery understands it, is essentially a myth." -From William Dockery's New Poems (critique by Rick Howe) circa 1989
This morning, I'm seeing the doors a poet such as John Berryman opened for us all, if we choose to step through:

http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/john_berryman/poems/12063.html
***
Zod
***
W-Dockery
Good afternoon, again, agreed.
W-Dockery
2023-04-17 21:49:18 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Berryman
John Allyn Berryman (October 25, 1914 - January 7, 1972) was an American poet and scholar, born in McAlester, Oklahoma. He was a major figure in American poetry in the second half of the 20th century and was considered a key figure in the Confessional school of poetry, though when he was asked about being a confessional poet, he replied, "with rage and contempt." His best-known work is The Dream Songs.
Check out "Idol Hour Night" by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars -
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/15928895-idol-hour-night--dockery-mallard
Outstanding and agree.....
Good afternoon, thanks for the endorsement, General Zod.

;)